Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 37 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong graphic bloody violence and gore, pervasive language, some sexuality, nudity and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Two women kiss passionately and a man yells at them and tells them to save it for the stage (they are dancers in an exotic dance club).
- Another scene shows the same young woman kissing a different young man and his head is cut off mid-kiss.
- A woman wears a low-cut tank top that reveals cleavage. Women in a dressing room in an exotic dance club are in various states of undress and bare breasts and buttocks are visible.
- Women wear low-cut tops and short shorts and skirts that reveal cleavage and bare legs.
- In an extended sequence, a scantily-clad woman dances in an exotic dance club while men watch; her costume reveals cleavage, her bare abdomen, bare legs and part of her bare buttocks, and she moves her hips suggestively, caresses herself and licks a mirror.
- A man asks a woman for a lap dance, she refuses him, but then agrees (the actual dance is not shown).
- Men and women dance at a bar.
- A man looks at a woman, makes a remark suggesting that he is going to rape her, and another man makes a remark about her having only one leg; the first man then makes another crude remark about her, and another man makes a similar remark about him.
- A woman climbs on a motorcycle with another woman, she holds her around the waist and makes a suggestive remark to her.
- A husband confronts his wife about her having an affair with a woman.
- A man makes a sexually suggestive remark about another man's wife.
- A woman talks about her boyfriend's sexual interests and that he likes to watch her urinate.
- A woman tells a man that her girlfriend would like to "get better acquainted" with him (he moans with pleasure) and implies that they will have sex (nothing is shown).
- Two men in a bar talk about getting two women to have sex with them by making them drink more alcohol.
- Three women talk about another woman making out with her date, and she describes how she was straddling him on a couch.
- A woman tells another woman about an announcement she made on her radio show -- that her friend would give a man a lap dance if he would approach her and recite a poem.
- A woman describes the size of another woman's buttocks.
- A woman pretends to be a man and demonstrates trying to pick up a woman.
- A woman appears desperate to urinate and holds her crotch.
Violence & Gore
- Note, All the violence is from both movies, and they are comically under-toned (intended to be funny)
- A woman's car breaks down on a dark road, she walks toward a town, she hears noises, tries to get passing vehicles to stop and give her a ride, and she is knocked down and attacked by several people who bite and tear at her (we hear her screaming, we see a lot of blood squirting and spurting); her remains are then carried off the road.
- A helicopter flies through many zombies slicing and slashing them with its blades which are tilted downward (blood splatters on the windshield). A man screams and thrashes while being held by several men, one of them holds a surgical device, one of his testicles is severed, it is thrown onto the ground and another man steps on it (we hear squishing, and we see bloody goo).
- Canisters containing a toxic gas are shot, the gas sprays out, several people walk through the gas and we see them with their faces melting and sliding off their skulls (blood and tissues oozes). A man is attacked and pulled apart by zombies (we see his body split apart, blood splatters and we hear squishing and screaming). A man's head is blown in half (we see the head split with blood and matter splattering). A man shoots several men, others open fire at him, and then several men shoot back and forth at each other: many men are struck, a lot of blood splatters with each strike.
- A man's face melts off, and then he vomits his intestines (we hear squishing and see a lot of goo). A man is attacked, his arm is pulled off and his head is pulled apart.
- A man driving a truck swerves, the truck tips and rolls, a woman is pulled out of the truck, dragged into thick brush and munched upon; the man shoots at the attackers, and the woman is left twitching and missing one leg from the knee down; we see blood and one of the attackers carries the leg with him, and we see her splattered with blood later in the hospital.
- A man with knives runs through a hospital attacking many people as he goes (blood spurts and sprays). Many zombies are run down by a truck (we hear squishing and screaming we see limbs flying and blood spurting). A man complains that another man bit his finger off (the man holds his hand up and it has a bloody stump instead of a finger). A man shows a doctor a very bad bite on his arm (we see holes in his arm, which are bloody and bubble and begin to spread); the doctor says they will have to remove the arm.
- A man steers a car so that the passenger strikes her head on the windows and dashboard repeatedly; he then speeds up, slams on the brakes and the passenger is thrown into the windshield (we see her with a very bloody face, she gurgles and dies). A car spins and flips, the driver is pinned inside and screams, and he is pulled out of the car and beaten repeatedly by three woman, with punches and kicks until he's unconscious (blood spurts from his face). A woman holding a metal pipe runs toward a man in a car and slams him with the pipe repeatedly; the man yells and drives away. A woman shoots a man in the arm, he screams and we see blood spurt.
- A woman runs outside, through many approaching zombies, other people shoot guns at the zombies striking many, and the woman gets into a truck and drives it through the wall of a restaurant in order to help people out. We see pictures of several people who have been affected by a biological agent: parts of their bodies have melted off and are left with sores and boils. A man sticks out his tongue to show a doctor and we see it is blackened and swollen; the doctor squeezes it and a sore squirts goo on his face (we hear squishing). We are told that many dead bodies have left a hospital and we see trails of blood and smears on the floors. People panic and run through streets, and there are many explosions; we see people running in flames, and people eating each other in a hospital.
- A man snaps a gun on a woman's leg -- she is missing a limp below the knee -- and she uses the gun to kill many zombies. A woman shoots a man through the stomach and blasts a door that's behind him. A man is shot in the stomach.
- A woman shoots a hypodermic needle at a man, and then another, leaving him immobile. A man is struck in the back of the head and wakes up in a quarantine cell. A man with guns forces two women into an elevator.
- A man threatens to rape a woman, he pulls down his pants and sticky goo drips from between his legs as he approaches her (no body parts are visible). A man holds a jar with human testicles floating in liquid and tells a man to cut his own off. A man later carries a plastic bag filled with human testicles. A man has a very bloody neck wound. A husband confronts his wife about being unfaithful, he injects her in the hands with a numbing agent, she tries to get away from him, and he locks her in a closet.
- A man shoves a desk leg into a woman's leg wound (she is missing a leg from the knee down).
- Two teenage girls swing shovels and sledge hammers at a car, breaking some windows. A woman climbs out of a speeding car, goes across the roof, grabs onto two belts attached to the doors and slides down onto the hood of the car while the car continues to speed. While a woman is on the hood of a car, another car speeds behind them and rams the car causing the woman on the hood to be thrown around; the other car continues to ram them from the back and side and the woman on the hood is nearly thrown off, whereupon both cars slide off the road after one nearly runs into an oncoming car -- the woman on the hood is thrown but she's OK.
- 147 F-words and its derivatives(89 in Death Proof, and 57 in Planet Terror), 6 obscene hand gestures, 63 scatological terms, 57 mild obscenities, 1 derogatory term for the physically challenged, 3 derogatory terms for African-Americans, name-calling (redneck, lunatic, stupid, tramp)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman smokes marijuana and passes the pipe to a friend, and in another scene a woman smokes marijuana. a man drinks alcohol from a bottle. Several people smoke cigarettes. A doctor injects a man in the arm with three separate hypodermic needles to prepare him for surgery.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many of the fake trailers in between the two films are quite disturbing and graphic showing things that even most normal trailers would not show, especially the trailer for the Eli Roth fake film Thanksgiving. Which almost got the film an NC-17 rating. However they are all meant to be humorous, and pay tribute to old Grindhouse Horror Movie trailers which did display more violence and nudity than the average trailer.
- Some moments where sudden scares happen surprisingly. Many disturbingly violent scenes.