Angel Has Fallen (2019) Poster

A decent action film.
louis-ohalloran3015 September 2019
This is being judged too harshly. Is it predictable? Yes. Generic? Yeah. But what do you expect? It's a nuts and bolts action film, entertaining enough and worth your time.
99 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Again ignore the moan brigade
carlcasso20 November 2019
Once again I nearly didn't watch this one after reading the reviews on here.

I read that the photography was bad and the direction terrible. These experts really need to stop.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the photography or direction.

This is good action flick that won't win any awards but it's entertaining and that's whats its supposed to be.

I really wish people would stop being negative for the sake of it.

It's like trolling.
41 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good popcorn action flick
ssjsolidsnake13 November 2019
If you enjoyed the previous 2 movies, this movie follows the same simple formula but it's a very nice 3rd movie. Don't go in expecting a deep story, some actors just scream bad guy straight away and make everything predictable, go in just to enjoy the nice combat scenes and fast paced action. Overall it's a nice film to just enjoy without thinking too much about it.
35 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible writing
stretch-3810728 August 2019
This movie started out great. Then the terrible writing kicked in. Why have Banning look like a fool, after being such an intellect in previous movies?
125 out of 198 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie has fallen
thcgator28 August 2019
Seriously dissatisfied with this film. The plot is paper thin, there is no amount of disbelief you can suspend to believe the other agents in this movie are as dumb as it is. The writers should have just hung a sign with words "No Really Mike Butler did this!!" along with the planted evidence. Every other good guy in the film went to the Storm Trooper rifle trading. What a sad terrible ending to what was a fun franchise.
128 out of 204 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Same storyline. Once again.
toushifhaq7 September 2019
Why to make something so unoriginal and ludicrously typical storyline. There is nothing new to watch, no creativity, and honestly boring. Just over packed up action sequences (that too with a below average CGI) don't make a good movie.
115 out of 183 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most typical action movie
yash-494694 September 2019
Give a kid a piece of paper to write an action movie and the plot you get is Angel has Fallen. Show a person how to record and the video you get is Angel has Fallen
109 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whoever was in charge of the script should be fired
sara_c_sa25 August 2019
Granted I was only in the theater to watch glorious Gerard Butler (who by the way is no aging well). Yes, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, I had seen the previous two movies. It was supposed to be a fun easy to watch action movie, where things are not what they seem to be.

Let's just say that the plot is quite predictable, but yet that is not the worst. The CGI was poor. The scenes and situations were extremely forced. After two movies with pretty much the same plot, you need to innovate. However, and to me that was just ridiculous, they showed not once, but twice how stupid they think the police is. Twice there were roadblocks trying to capture Mr Butler's character that the police decided to place right after the road diverted in two, therefore granting the protagonist a way out.

All in all, the plot was full of holes that made it boring and unbelievable, in the worst of meanings. And the extra footage at the end just proved that they didn't take the film seriously at all.
129 out of 207 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Action Movie
ymyuseda22 August 2019
Rating 9.4/10 I was able to catch an advanced screening of this movie on this morning in my country. This movie have good combination of action and drama to make this movie incredible likeable. The fighting scenes were choreographed wonderfully. Excellent acting performance to all the characters. To all of you, please take care of your best friends, because one day your best friends can be your worst enemies. Overall, a very entertaining action thriller.
298 out of 498 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond bad- this movie is lame
gordonpatricia28 August 2019
Walked out totally disappointed with cinematic experience. No wonder most people stay home to watch well crafted scripts and characters. I know you should not expect much from a movie franchise such as this but this was beyond lame and the second ending during the credits was totally embarrassing. Total crap!
116 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
martinsplads3 September 2019
You know what ? This movie is a generic boring action flick with zero surprises and no depth what so ever. I feel sorry for people that pay money for this trash, its just really tragic that directors and producers gets away with making action movies that shouldn't have been made in the first place. Just by looking at the poster you know exactly how this movie gonna end, I don't believe that anyone with half off a brain cant figure this movie out is that God damn predictable. The only thing that actually works are Gerard Butler and Nick Nolte acting but they cant save this film, not by a long shot. Angel Has Fallen has fallen down in the toilet and I just hope it stays there forever.
106 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I want my 2 hours back
sevdakarababa-710778 September 2019
Very bad, old story, very very bad direction, boring acting, there was bno surprise because we allready know that movie. They made it like at least 50 times before. I cant belive they release this trash on the movie theatre.
85 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incompetent direction and photography.
ysrinivasraoca23 August 2019
I dont know whose idea it was that action movie means, shake the camera and shoot with a hand held camera and that too only close up shots. grow up guys. You are covering your incompetency with these techniques. I never really connected to the movie with shaky hand held camera and with blurred closeup shots. I never go the same director or photographer movies. I want my money back and i am regretting for wasting such good actors like Gerard Butler. Incompetent director and photographer and not so great story plot.
122 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why does Hobbs & Shaw get a pass and this doesn't?
Henry-Hill3122 August 2019
For a part 3 of a franchise, it was awesome and probably the best out of the three. Great action packed movie, with some twists here and there. Not a mind blowing story, but the execution was great and finally a movie without stupid humor.

It's mind blowing to the see the amazing reviews for Hobbs and Shaw and already hate for this one. Hobbs and Shaw was near terrible and couldn't stay away from cheap cameos and comedy.

This is a great fun action packed movie, that's worth a watch for sure! 8/10
200 out of 343 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst photography and directing.
ysrinivasraoca23 August 2019
132 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Angel Has Risen
meshborg6816 September 2019
May i first say im not really a fan of Butler or this film series but i was shocked and surprised to see a really good action movie thriller and cant really understand the negative reviews.I found nothing wrong with camera angles or C.G.I.Its fast paced and different and far better than the first two films.
52 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unwatchable due to the handheld cameras
imdb-2122610 September 2019
I knew this movie wasn't going to be good.. but I expected it to be fun (and probably stupid). This movie is a perfect example of how lazy movie directing has become. Virtually every scene - even slow static scenes- were done with a super zoomed in, constantly panning and focusing handled cameras. It made this movie absolutely unwatchable. I had to laugh at one scene where the entire scene was nothing but a mega-zoomed in view of Morgan Freeman's eyes.. all you could notice were the dark moles all over his face. I don't know this director.. and after seeing this one, I hope I don't have to look him up ever again. This thing stinks...
92 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Angel Butler
kosmasp25 September 2019
Leonidas cannot fail ... I mean fall ... right? Sorry I'm mixing up my movies here. But you can see the action star Butler going for it again - a third time. And if you thought the other movies were crazy and unrealistic ... well you were right and this one adds to that! What did you think I was going to say? In all seriousness - do not take this movie serious.

Predictable story, predictable twists and turns ... and an even relatively mild Nick Nolte. But the story itself is quite out there ... really wild and really "explosive" (pun intended). A lot of action and a lot of nonsense ... and it can be quite some fun, if you allow it to
41 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A TV movie
spotboyfilms28 August 2019
This Film is NOT enjoyable. The first thing that stands out is poor effects work- you can see the type of effects you might see on a Sci-Fi channel movie. The second thing that stands out is the use of Close-Up shots- 90% of the movie lives in Close Up of the faces of the characters, this just screams of poor directing and editing. The plot is weak, the FBI is shown to be pretty dumb. What the movie gets right is Nick Nolte's performance and story arc. He was the only good thing about the film.
77 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yet another Butler Bomb, and just as bad as the last two instalments.
Warneinator26 August 2019
The existence of the "Has Fallen" trilogy is nothing short of mind-boggling. 2013's Olympus Has Fallen was actually one of two Die Hard clones set in the White House released that year, but managed to make more money than Roland Emmerich's White House Down through the advantage of coming out first. It surely wasn't because of its actual quality. It's an ugly, mean-spirited and downright unpleasant film, but I could at least somewhat understand its appeal in its attempt to be a throwback to overly macho 80s action films like Commando. The same cannot be said for London Has Fallen; a boneheaded, cheaply made and xenophobic excuse for entertainment, and one of the worst films of the whole decade. Naturally, I wasn't particularly looking forward to this trilogy-capper, especially as it felt the need to remind the world in all its advertisements that it's a sequel to these two prior outings. Having seen all three of them now, it totally makes sense why, because they're almost entirely interchangeable. But when the highest compliment I can give this film right off the bat is "it's not as hateful as the last one", you know you're in for a particularly bad time.

Surprisingly, Angel Has Fallen tries in its opening 20 minutes to be somewhat deep and introspective, as it shows the effects that Mike Banning's career has had on his physical and mental health, as well as his relationship with his wife. But this utterly blows up in the film's face because this franchise has never been concerned with its characters in the slightest. Banning has always been an unlikable, sweary nutcase who often resorts to torture for fun, so to see this film attempt to be a character piece comes across as utterly laughable. I did not care for a second about his dilemma of whether to accept the director job, or his attempts to clear his name after being framed at any point during this utter waste. But whilst the character work is beyond salvaging, it doesn't help that it encompasses a plot that plays like a Frankenstein's monster of much better action films. The medical appointments, as well as a setpiece involving boobytraps in the woods, reminded me heavily of Skyfall, and the framed storyline is essentially a much lesser version of The Fugitive. It's an extremely trite and predictable narrative, but it would be at least mildly exciting if Banning was a vulnerable protagonist. Despite the opening's attempts to convince you otherwise, he remains completely on top of things at every point, survives every injury he takes, and none of the ailments he's meant to be suffering from impact him throughout the action sequences in any way whatsoever.

There's a very strong feeling whilst watching this film that barely anyone involved actually cares about putting in any effort, because, well, it's Angel Has Fallen, it's so easy the paycheques practically write themselves. Gerard Butler barks nearly all of his lines like pretty much every role he plays, but even he's starting to look especially bored and unenthused this time. Morgan Freeman sleepwalks through his scenes as the US President, and literally sleeps through the second act in a plot-induced coma, Jada Pinkett Smith, Tim Blake Nelson and Danny Huston are saddled with stock action film characters speaking dialogue so cliched it could've honestly been written by a computer, and Piper Perabo leaves so little as of an impression and gets so little to do as Mike's wife Leah you probably won't even notice that she was recast from Radha Mitchell in the last two. Surprisingly, the best work comes from Nick Nolte as Mike's estranged Vietnam veteran father, who seems to have not gotten the memo that he's in a film called Angel Has Fallen and gives his performance way more emotion than the film deserves. But this general lack of care also extends to the production design. Angel Has Fallen comes from the same production company responsible for another Butler bomb; last year's Hunter Killer, and just like that film, it feels like it belongs in a direct-to-DVD bargain bin. The CGI is astonishingly poor, particularly in the drone strike assassination attempt, the greenscreen is particularly obvious, and most of the action is shot at night in the woods, so you can barely see any of it. Even with state-of-the-art digital projection technology in my local cinema, a lot of these sequences were almost impossible to follow, making the frequent use of explosions in one set-piece actually welcome. The standards of this franchise were never very high, but the sloppiness on display in this film is utterly inexcusable.

In the context of the Secret Service, Angel is the codename used for agents. I didn't know that before, and I bring this up now because that is more interesting than anything that Angel Has Fallen has to offer. While it's a less unpleasant experience than its also terrible predecessors, it trades that unpleasantness for being woefully dull. The cast give a D-grade effort, with the bizarre exception of Nick Nolte, the plot is recycled from better films and tries too hard to justify the existence of this trilogy, and even on the most basic of entertainment levels, the action fails to deliver and it's some of the most generic and lifeless I've ever seen. This angel didn't have any wings, but it falls with a resounding thud into my worst films of 2019.
95 out of 163 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I walked out. Film came out in the wrong year
NotoriousMayhem24 August 2019
What garbage. There was about 20min left and I just walked out. Felt like some terrible 2010 action movie with lame setpieces and odd and shaky camera work. The plot was incredibly unoriginal and uninspired. Yet again another film about the president. The film was predictable and I just didn't care for it all. I kept dozing off multiple times and I just called it quits and left. So boring, so lame, so uninspired
113 out of 197 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable with bad camera angles and shaky filming
mrstarfire23 August 2019
Nothing like the 1st film. Shaky camera filming like a Jason Bourne movie. Plot borrowed from the fugitive, Jason Bourne and die hard. When you see him within 30 seconds it's obvious who the mastermind behind the plot is. Jayda Pickett Smith plays the FBI follow the blatantly staged clues until even an American can see that things just don't add up.
120 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth watching
sebasbarreto28 August 2019
The plot is terrible. Even for an easy go movie this is bad. It's pretty obvious what happens.
74 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
predictable and boring, ugly face shots
adkasprowicz22 August 2019
When you watch it you feel like you are 5 years old, because the writers explain every single plot path with high detail
102 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was just okay in my opinion
ebonyenigma-5754824 August 2019
I saw this movie last night and it was just okay. The plot was predictable and the ending wasn't surprising at all for even a novice movies goer. The acting was good (but considering the caliber of actors of course the acting was good) but overall I wasn't very impressed
88 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.