Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 55 items
Sex & Nudity
- In season 4, Bruce Wayne is seen with several girls with cleavage revealing dress. No nudity of any sorts in the entire series.
- Girls wear skimpy outfits, strippers are shown, references to prostitues, references to sex, references to sexual assault, implied sex scenes, some moments with sexual feelings, sexual moments like seduction.
- Gotham is rated TV-14 For Violence, Brief Bloody Images, Some Sensuality And Language
- Brief sexuality and some sexual dialogue.
Violence & Gore
- Penguin kills Gabe with some kind of plant tool. Very Gory
- Professor Pyg can be quite disturbing. He kills cops and then puts a pig face on them. Whenever he kills someone it usually ends up bloody. In episode 4x09 he forces a group of people to eat pies made out of people.
- In some episodes in season three, a character's face is removed, stapled back on, and punched off, revealing blood and muscle beneath.
- Falcone's daughter gets shot in the head with blood coming out. It's later said she's in a coma.
- Gun wounds and stab wounds are visible and bloody.
- The scene where Galavan is brutally beaten with a wooden bat seen bloody, he's then shot and killed and although the bullet impact isn't seen there's blood flowing down his chest.
- Probably the most graphic scene in the entire show is in the Season 3 episode 'Blood Rush', where a "cleaner" is dissolving body parts in a "vat of acid"; an arm is shown in the acid and a torso with legs and arms and head chopped off is left in a bathtub, which's very bloody, disturbing and shocking. The cleaner is then torn limb from limb in a bloody mess by the man who found him (this's not shown, but the graphic remains are shown).
- The spike of a high heel is stabbed through a mans throat.
- In season 4 Solomon Grundy rips a mans arm off (very disturbing)
- A very graphic scene where a guy chops off a woman's head with blood squirt then his hand is completely shot off with blood and bits of arm shown this is extremely graphic
- People are burnt and froze to death
- Lots of graphic punching throughout
- Penguin gets his eye blown up pretty bloody
- 5th season Tabitha is stabbed through the heart pretty graphic and the ventriloquist is shot in the head. Layer harley quinn is shot in the face with tooons of blood dripping out her mouth
- Mario is shot and killed graphic
- This is rated TV-MA on Netflix because of how gory it is.
- A man burns another man to death by stuffing him in a bin and filling the bin with petrol. Naturally, he sets it on fire, and later on in the episode, you can see his burnt remains
- Bruce Wayne's parents are shot with blood spatter and they're shown bleeding out. Quite graphic.
- Most killings are quite bloody and gruesome. A man's arm severed with a large knife and the inside of the arm is shown with blood flowing from within.
- A lot of shootings. Some of the shootings are graphic in the fact that blood sprays out of the bullet wounds.
- Penguin slashes a fishermans throat, it is quite bloody. In the following episode he murders a man by stabbing him in the neck with a broken bottle. It cuts away, but you still see blood squirt out of the mans neck.
- A man falls from the sky and you can briefly see him in the background with blood and guts around him.
- Oswald Cobblepot is discovered to be a snitch and is quite brutally beaten. The beating results in him having a bad limp from that scene onwards.
- A woman scoops her eye out with a spoon, and the eyeball is seen on the floor, and her eye socket a bloody mess.
- In one episode a large group of men are shot with very gory bloody results. Immediately after this, Penguin stabs Frankie Carbone, one of Maronis men, multiple times, whilst quite clearly taking pleasure in murdering him. He stabs him multiple times in the abdomen, and we hear him groan in pain and flesh being pierced and blood pouring
- At the very end of the season finale, Penguin shoots many of Maroni/Fish's men with a machine gun, we see the men flailing around with blood spraying and chunks of flesh falling off them. He then shoots a man (whom begs for mercy) with a pistol and we see blood and chunks of flesh splatter. Penguin then chases Fish to the rooftop where they fight. Butch shoots both of them in the leg as he's confused as to where his loyalties lie. Penguin recovers and then pushes Fish Mooney off a building to her presumed death.
- Whenever Penguin kills someone, it's often very gory and brutal.
- The second season (it gets more graphic as the seasons go not just the 2 season) of Gotham is much more gory and violent. A character plays with a very real looking severed head (which has blood dripping from the jagged cut)
- A man is shot in the head and blood sprays and get blood on peoples faces
- Jim Gordon Shoots a man (very bloody)
- There's a massive shootout in the GCPD, lots of blood. In the ensuing crossfire, Commissioner Sarah Essen is fatally shot and dies. This's very upsetting
- A man named the Flamingo has a tendency to eat people after he has killed them. In the final scene of this episode, he kills Parker by biting her neck. She falls to the floor and blood is seen spurting out as policemen make failed attempts to baton him. Very disturbing.
- Seasons 1 through to 4 is extremely mild profanity, season 5, has a little bit more profanity including at least 1x Bast*** in each episode of S5. Very little to none blasphemy in all seasons.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A 15 or 16-year-old guy buys a club and starts to drink.
- Maroni smokes a cigar and some other gangsters all smoke cigars too sometimes there is paraphernalia as well like ashtrays
- Riddler get high off his pills and hallucinates after he thinks he kills oswald
- Smoking is infrequent but when it does happen it's brief. Cigars are often smoked in the backround but a couple times throughout gangsters smoke cigars. A man puts a cigerete in his mouth but smokes it off screen and there are more scenes of brief cigarette smoking outside most are blink and u miss it
- Some use of alcohol and some smoking, usually in Fish Mooney's club.
- Oswald Cobblepot gets drunk in one episode. This is more humorous than anything.
- Barbara clearly has struggled with drug addiction in the past and later on in the show she relapses appearing to be high in a few scenes. No drug use is shown besides in one scene she is seen smoking marijuana but when she relapses it shows pill bottles and alchohal
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This TV Show is a dark violent intense drama that most teens can handle
- The whole series has a very dark and foreboding tone
- In season 2, Mr Freeze kidnaps random people by freezing them, and then trying to successfully thaw them for an experiment. The victims thaw, and eventually melt in a very grotesque way due to the intense heat.
- This series is too violent in TV-14 like Supernatural (2005 TV series), Criminal Minds (2005) and other series.
- Most of the violence in this show is some TV-MA violence
- The show aired on television with a TV-14 rating, but carries a TV-MA rating on streaming. It should be viewed with some caution.
- A hitman likes to "eat" people. In one episode, a woman is "eaten" alive in a police station, blood is seen spurting all over the floor.
- Some of the deaths can be disturbing due mainly to how graphic they are.
- The scene of the Wayne murders is very upsetting and quite brutal.
- Dr Crane creates a drug that creates fear. The scene where he tests it on himself is quite disturbing as well as the scenes involving his son taking the drug and overdosing thus creating hallucinations of a menacing scarecrow.
Violence & Gore
- Carmine Falcone gets shot with blood coming out.