The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 27 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, some sexual content and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A very brief shot of a woman covering her breasts with her hands, this is easily missed
- At the beginning of the movie there is a montage of the owner of the hotel talking to his guest most of these scenes are just him talking but two of which show him sitting in bed with a elderly topless woman (breasts exposed), and the other shows him looking at himself in a mirror with a woman performing oral sex.
- A man sprays water on a naked man where his back and is upper part of his buttocks is shown. The frame last for only a couple of seconds.
- A painting of two nude women kissing while holding each other's breasts and rubbing each other's genitals is shown. Breasts, nipples, and thick pubic hair are clearly seen. Their actual genitalia is also somewhat visible. Not overly graphic due to the painting's somewhat abstract nature. However the nudity is pretty clear and it is pretty evident what the women are doing. The painting is shown in multiple scenes.
- A scene with black and white pin up photos of women in the background. Breasts and nipples are seen on all of them and some of them show the women's pubic hair. The photos are in the background of the scene, and relatively small, but they are in focus and pretty easy to see.
- All nudity in the film is shown in brief glimpses. It is only breast nudity, with most of them in a non-sexual context. The sexual content in the film are not graphic and are also brief, including fellatio and post-coitus.
- There are non graphic black-and-white paintings of naked women in the background of some shots. There are naked statues.
- A man says a woman is like dynamite in the sack
- Some remarks about a man being a predator
- Brief shot of man and a woman kissing in bed.
Violence & Gore
- A prisoner fatally stabs four prison guards and is himself killed in the struggle. The fight is kept offscreen, but the aftermath is shown, with various bloodstains on the bodies.
- Many people get punched, often leading to bloody noses and bruises.
- A cat is thrown out of a window. The cat is seen spread-eagle on the pavement in a bright red splat of blood. We see a bloody bag with the dead cat in it later on. The effect is cartoon-like rather than gory.
- A shootout between many characters ensues; no one is hurt and the scene is meant to be humorous.
- Most violence and gore is comical rather than horrific.
- A woman's severed head is pulled out of a basket.
- Probably the most profanity of Wes Anderson's movies.
- Most profanity is used in anger
- Homophobic slurs like "faggot" "candy ass" and "fruit" are used
- "Fuck" is used sexually a number of times.
- 17 uses of "fuck" A few uses of "shit", "ass", "damn", and "hell". 2 uses of "faggot"
- Name-calling and several stereotypical references to ethnic groups.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People socially consume alcohol. A man is seen smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A cat gets thrown out a window
- All violence is portrayed in a comedic tone (the movie is not dark)
Violence & Gore
- A goon stomps the ground at the edge of a cliff to try and dislodge someone hanging off of it. The goon is pushed from behind off the side of the cliff to his death. The falling goon is seen flailing his arms and screams till he disappears.
- A man's fingers are sliced off with a slamming door; the severed fingers are seen in a closeup. The man's dead body is later briefly shown in a photograph.