Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 43 items
Sex & Nudity
- Deadpool states "I'm touching myself tonight." Not graphic
- During a fight scene, a man fights completely naked. His buttocks are sort of visible, but all frontal nudity is almost completely obscured. This scene isn't graphic, much like the non full frontal female nudity shown in the strip club.
- There is a scene that takes place in a strip club. We see multiple women's breasts and buttocks but no full frontal.
- There are frequent strong sex references, both visual and verbal, including the suggestion of a couple using a sex toy and some crude descriptions of sexual acts.
- There's a sex scene between a man and woman. A brief glimpse of bare breasts can be seen. The scene ends with a man kneeling down from behind and his bare buttocks are shown. This scene is not as bad as it sounds, as it is a sex montage showing that they have been together for a long time and it tells you the time and day. All nudity is blink and you'll miss it.
- It is implied that Deadpool masturbates one scene. Nothing is shown. Brief and fairly tame.
- Crude, sexual humor throughout the movie.
Violence & Gore
- Deadpool and Ajax have a brutal final fight in which both are punched, kicked, and thrown into things. They initially fight with weapons, and then fists. At different points, Deadpool is stabbed in the back with an axe, and Ajax is stabbed in the leg with a sword, and the bloody wound is seen with the sword protruding. The two fight hand-to-hand, and Deadpool is stabbed in the head with a knife.
- There's a violent fight in a scrapyard in which Deadpool kills many enemies with his swords. He throws a knife into one man's head, slices many men with some limbs seen disconnecting, and he cuts off one man's head (no blood or injury detail) and kicks it into another man. Pretty violent.
- Colossus and Angel Dust have a heavy fist fight in a scrapyard. This does not show any blood as Colossus is made of metal.
- An extremely intense car chase commences after Deadpool jumps into the car off a bridge. There are frenetic punches and gunshots. The car then flips over numerous times and a man is flung into a highway sign. His entire body splats all over the sign. This is extremely bloody although extremely quick and lasts less than a second.
- Deadpool kills several mercenaries by shooting them in the head. Some blood splatters and at one point, brain matter is spilt out of a person after being shot. This is only shown for 2 to 3 seconds. Some of these are played for laughs.
- There is a music montage of Deadpool killing bad guys by shooting them and killing them with his swords, some blood shown. Deadpool gets shot a few times along the way, but survives. This isnt too bloody. A man is seen crawling on a hockey rink, leaving a massive trail of blood behind him, and then he's killed offscreen by Deadpool with a Zamboni.
- Deadpool is known to help people out and it resorts in violence most of the time.
- In the bar deadpool goes to a bar which is where he got his name from. And people bet on others dying. And one fight is shown where they gang up on one man and beat him brutally. You see him after with a bloody face. Not too graphic. Just somewhat intense.
- Deadpool cuts off colossus hand and the middle finger points at him
- Strong bloody violence occurs throughout, including sight of blood spurts after shootings and stabbings. There is also sight of gory decapitations and limbs being severed.
- The movie contains a fair amount of violence with some blood and gore, but it isn't actually as bad as it sounds and is mostly done for comedic purposes.
- A man is strapped to a gurney, under the assumption he's having his cancer treated. He is given a cylinder of material to bite, injected with a drug, and then tortured over the course of weeks. (The torture is mainly him being held in a glass box, slapped and not looked after)
- The n word is used twice in a song.
- Irreverent jokes about sex, pedophilia, homosexuality, and suicide throughout.
- Not as crude and profane as Kick-Ass.
- The language is probably the main reason for the R rating.
- Deadpool cuts off colsussus hand and the middle finger points at him
- There is frequent use of strong language ('f**k', 'motherf**ker'), as well as milder terms including 'douche', 'dick', 'cock', 'shit', 'ass', 'god', 'damn' and 'Jesus.
- 84 uses of "fuck". Various uses of "shit", "asshole", "hell", "bullshit", "damn", "ass", "cock", "dick" "douche" and "bitch". Tons of language.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Character inhales gunsmoke before alluding to a future scene about his intentions for masturbating. The inhalation and exhalation is reminiscent to that of a cigarette, even giving the character a form of relief after.
- Characters drink at a bar throughout. Drunken bar fighting.
- The main character visits a bar a few times.
- Two references to cocaine, used as jokes.
- A man is injected with a drug that will forcibly give him superpowers by unlocking dormant mutant genes in his DNA.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie is funny and not frightening at all.
- The film has intense violence, but some of it feels comical.
- This is an action comedy. This isn't meant to be taken seriously
- The main villain in this film is sadistic and visibly takes pleasure in others pain.
- Rated 15 in the UK for strong bloody violence, strong language and sex references.
- Deadpool's face is extremely disfigured, resembling a burn victim. This may be disturbing for some viewers.
- In a secret government laboratory, several people are shown mutated in various, disturbing ways (such as abnormally-long bones protruding from a man's body, another man covered in boils and hives, etc).
- A man discovers he has terminal cancer after proposing to his girlfriend. He is shown in a severe depression after receiving the news. This can be upsetting and emotionally intense for some.
Sex & Nudity
- During a fight in the climax, Colossus and Angel Dust are fighting. During the fight, it's interrupted when Colossus points out her left breast is hanging out. The nudity isn't shown as it's covered up with Colossus' hand.
Violence & Gore
- Towards the end of the film, Deadpool kills the main villain by mercilessly shooting him in the head. This happens below the frame but blood splatters on the camera, while a mutant standing next to Deadpool, Colossus, vomits in disgust. However it appens quickly and it's mostly done for a comedic effect.
- Deadpool cuts off his own hand to free himself from Colossus, and as he's doing this he references the movie 127 hours. We then see lots of blood around the hand as it's giving the middle finger to Colossus, but one of Deadpool's powers are regeneration so it does regenerate through a couple days. Very gory but played for laughs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In one particular scene, a man is tortured over the course of weeks in increasingly more painful/stressful ways to unlock any dormant powers he might have; the torturer, however, visibly enjoys it. These include electrocution, waterboarding, hypothermia and painful drugs. In a final attempt, he is subjected to constant near-asphyxiation over the course of days. This eventually triggers his powers, but disfigures his body immensely in the process as the man screams in agony. Definitely the most disturbing moment in the film.