Clown (2019) Poster

(2019)

Garbage
alveseddie23 September 2019
Biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen horrible acting, story line and directing I wouldn't let my dog watch
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible, Just Terrible
timothygartin2 October 2019
This is the worst movie I have seen in a long time. It is one of the worst ever. I can't think of any redeeming qualities. The story is terrible and doesn't make any sense. It relies on plot devices and choices no one would make. It isn't scarry. It isn't suspenseful or funny. The characters are one dimensional and the acting is horrible. The effects are bad.

I kept watching it because I thought it might become so bad it was good, ut it never did. It is just terrible.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What did I just watch?
carljlow21 September 2019
I've seen some bad films. This has won the worst film to date. Poor script. Even worse acting. I will admit that the clown was the best actor.

The plot if you can call it that. A group of teenagers get lost, or take a rest stop or something in a desert. (I can't even remember how they got there or why) but at least they have phone reception as they are following one guys Instagram posts I assume and they find a fun house.

Every horror trope in the book. Every cliché. Anti climax. And abrupt ending.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
grnlantern-0767915 September 2019
Think of the worst plot you can come up with then degrade it even further. I can't even start to describe how bad this move is. If you can make it till the end, you'll be left shaking your head like whag happen, did they run out of film?? Do not watch it!!
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time, it's an Asylum movie and not even a rip off of It.
Kolobos5120 September 2019
The Asylum is a film production company that specializes in "mockbusters" or movies that are cheaply slapped together to mimic a recent major release. Think of movies like Alien vs. Hunter, I am Omega, Atlantic Rim, etc. I assumed this was their It knockoff and thought it might be a hoot but it's not. This is an incredibly bland, slapped together dead teenage movie about a wronged clown fooling people into his cheaply constructed funhouse. Young people wander in and most of them die. Uh spoilers, I guess. This thing sucks. A really cheap and poorly made horror movie needs to deliver on at least two of these three things to warrant watchable status: sex, violence, laughs. None are present here. The only reason I even gave it 2 stars is because I liked some of the girls in it, especially the one in the glasses. Terrible movie, though.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst movies ever made in a long time!
daviddevilliers5430 January 2020
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in a long time! It's so bad! The acting is awful! The story makes no sense! There are so many plotholes! It's not scary or suspenseful! No words can describe just how terrible this movie is! It's got no redeeming qualities! It's very obviously a lose ripoff of It: Chapter 2, where that movie was a way better killer clown movie! The characters are one-dimensional followed by some of the worst acting in a long time! The special effects are not even SyFy-level bad! It's worse than that! It relies on plot devices and choices that nobody would actually make!

A clown starts stalking a group of teens in a funhouse and won't stop till everyone is dead.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and stay away from this one. It's horrible!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst
fadzrulazizifa20 December 2019
Seriously a badly made cheap movie I'm fine with it if it's any good but this one just bad... Let me tell you why it's bad 1) An abandon town with one house, one patrol station, one ticket booth and one fun house. Even though it's been 25 years the house and the patrol station looks like it was build a few days ago. 2) The acting just terrible. 3) The writing just bad (ex: The girl asked the boy if he can walk while the boy had a bone sticking out of his leg) 4) There is nothing to look forward for because the only motive the clown keep killing just because his mother said the show must go on 5) No explaination why the riot for at the beginning 6) It was not scary at all These just some of the reason there is still some more but you need to watch it just to experience how bad the movie is.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Welcome to the fun house
nogodnomasters15 September 2019
In 1994 the Gaspari Family Circus sets up in Hidden Desert, Nevada. The minister in the town didn't like their sinful ways so the town folks killed them. One child got away. 25 years later a group of teens on their way to a music festival end up in said town and enter the funhouse looking for a missing compadre. Need I say more?

They couldn't get out of the funhouse and it was apparent the walls were made from boards even I could kick out and it had a tin roof. We hear they are "metal" walls. Yes, metal walls with knot holes. One look at Sam Lazarus and you know the guy who looks like the kid in the wheelchair from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is going to die.

Guide: No sex or nudity. No swearing that I recall.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoid at all costs
idierkschnieder7 January 2021
Where even to start with this steaming pile of excrement? I've seen quite a few Asylum films but this is definitely one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. The 'actors/actresses' must have been cast in the local shopping mall as none of them will ever win any merits for their 'acting'. The plot is terrible and doesn't make any sense at all. The film set which consists of ramshackle cabin can't have cost more than $100, if it did, the producers were ripped off. The gore is ridiculously cheap for a company that has produced this kind of films for what feels like centuries. If you want to see something more creative, stare at a blank wall for 90 minutes instead.
No words......
jromeo-5286124 December 2020
I have no words for how terrible this film is. The storyline is very, very weak, the acting seems like an amature high school drama team is acting. There is nothing scaring you throughout the movie either. Who ever funded this should be reimbursed as should I for watching it.
TRASH
t-frems14 December 2020
Trash, just trash. Stear away. Bad acting and horriffic directing. An hour and a half in my life i dont get back 😒. I didnt have the biggest hopes when i started this movie, but omg... With a story like this, you expect more.
Typical Asylum film
sturnokval26 November 2020
For some odd reason I was on a killer clown kick on Amazon Prime and saw this. The poster looked promising amd figured lets que it up. As soon as it started and The Asylum came on screen I knew I was in for a rough time.

The movie starts with a circus coming to a town in 1994. The townfolks are killing the circus people because apparently one of the circus kids is a killer clown. Movie time jumps 25 years later to a group of teens on a road trip. One of them Davey runs off and the others go looking for him. You see the abandoned town with a bunch of clown mannequins and what not. Davey goes into the fun hoise and gets attacked by a clown. So the rest decide since they can't find him to go into the in-house to find him. What follows is the clown stalking them in the funhouse and dumb decisions abound.

The acting is one dimensional and in typical Asylum fashion was rushed to profit from the It chapter 2 release. If you enjoy cheesy low budget horror films this one is ok
2 for the Girls!
fox7816 October 2020
2 Stars only because of the girls! The whole movie is very predictable and boring. You can skip watching this....
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Won't get that time back
steelscheryl2 October 2020
What a load of rubbish. 5 stars 🤣. Poor acting, storyline was awful, made no sense whatsoever. Badly made film. Throw it in the bin.
What the hell happened?
hubbard-5183630 July 2020
Clown is a mess of a movie that sort of picks up at the end, enough to make it less than watchable. I'm not sure whether this is exactly what the director wanted or whether an editor tried to save it, but if it's the later, they messed up. This movie lacked character development, cinematography, (as one would expect) acting, and any kind of story. The basic make-up of a movie is lacking here, with so much going on that has nothing to do with the plot. In the beginning, the director makes the characters so unlikeable that I couldn't help but root for the clown. The filming was so sharp and everything was so colorful that it didn't even look like a horror movie. The clown looked creepy, but didn't act it. I did appreciate the recorded voices over the speaker. The ending was good, but as bad as the rest of the movie was and it not being dramatic, it lacked any impact. If I were explaining basic movie ideas and how it looks when everything goes wrong, I'd show them this. Otherwise, don't waste your time.
Clowns with Scary comedic undertones
rdentist8 October 2019
Good acting for the most part and lots of action to keep you involved ,clowns again gone haywire ,always good for a scare .Comedic undertones to the scary clown plot ,Look out for improvisational acting scenes . Good Entertainment but more a scary Movie than a comedy.
2 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
worst horror movie
ykhachabi2 May 2020
This movie i dont have any words to describe how bad it is it is one of the worst horror movies ever made the acting is horrible everything is horrible please dont watch it its not worth it
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chaotic and not scary.
johannes2000-119 February 2020
I actually did succeed in watching the whole movie (thumbs-up for my own perseverance) but all the reviews here (save the one that gave a mind-boggling 10/10) are right: this is terrible. The makers clearly aimed at a classic funhouse horror- flick, you know, the one where a bunch of teens recklessly enter a funhouse for a few scares and laughs and then find themselves trapped and the victims of all kinds of horrific deadly contraptions made by a maniac sadistic killer. Alas this movie fails on all the accounts that can make such a premise into worthwhile entertainment: direction, acting, story and script, camera and special effects are way below par. We see a prologue that supposedly should justify the later goings-on, but they forget to explain what the hell is happening there. Everyone of the group of teens is as non-descript as the other. Why Davey stupidly enters this desolate funhouse without simply warning his friends with his cell is a mysterie. The whole chase and killing-spree that ensues is badly filmed, chaotic and thanks to its repetitiveness plain tedious, and the setting is totally uninspiring, just endless planked corridors in a dilapidated shag-like construction where you can see the outside world all of the time shine through, you expect the thing to collaps within seconds by just pushing against the planks. The horror clown is hardly scary, there are no inventive contraptions that make a funhouse a funhouse, the killings are lame, the dialogues are moronic and the acting.... well, that's simply non-existent. So my two stars are only for the Austin-character who's at least very good-looki
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.