Clown (2019) Poster

(2019)

Terrible, Just Terrible
timothygartin2 October 2019
This is the worst movie I have seen in a long time. It is one of the worst ever. I can't think of any redeeming qualities. The story is terrible and doesn't make any sense. It relies on plot devices and choices no one would make. It isn't scarry. It isn't suspenseful or funny. The characters are one dimensional and the acting is horrible. The effects are bad.

I kept watching it because I thought it might become so bad it was good, ut it never did. It is just terrible.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
alveseddie23 September 2019
Biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen horrible acting, story line and directing I wouldn't let my dog watch
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time, it's an Asylum movie and not even a rip off of It.
Kolobos5120 September 2019
The Asylum is a film production company that specializes in "mockbusters" or movies that are cheaply slapped together to mimic a recent major release. Think of movies like Alien vs. Hunter, I am Omega, Atlantic Rim, etc. I assumed this was their It knockoff and thought it might be a hoot but it's not. This is an incredibly bland, slapped together dead teenage movie about a wronged clown fooling people into his cheaply constructed funhouse. Young people wander in and most of them die. Uh spoilers, I guess. This thing sucks. A really cheap and poorly made horror movie needs to deliver on at least two of these three things to warrant watchable status: sex, violence, laughs. None are present here. The only reason I even gave it 2 stars is because I liked some of the girls in it, especially the one in the glasses. Terrible movie, though.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What did I just watch?
carljlow21 September 2019
I've seen some bad films. This has won the worst film to date. Poor script. Even worse acting. I will admit that the clown was the best actor.

The plot if you can call it that. A group of teenagers get lost, or take a rest stop or something in a desert. (I can't even remember how they got there or why) but at least they have phone reception as they are following one guys Instagram posts I assume and they find a fun house.

Every horror trope in the book. Every cliché. Anti climax. And abrupt ending.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst movies ever made in a long time!
daviddevilliers5430 January 2020
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in a long time! It's so bad! The acting is awful! The story makes no sense! There are so many plotholes! It's not scary or suspenseful! No words can describe just how terrible this movie is! It's got no redeeming qualities! It's very obviously a lose ripoff of It: Chapter 2, where that movie was a way better killer clown movie! The characters are one-dimensional followed by some of the worst acting in a long time! The special effects are not even SyFy-level bad! It's worse than that! It relies on plot devices and choices that nobody would actually make!

A clown starts stalking a group of teens in a funhouse and won't stop till everyone is dead.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and stay away from this one. It's horrible!
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
grnlantern-0767915 September 2019
Think of the worst plot you can come up with then degrade it even further. I can't even start to describe how bad this move is. If you can make it till the end, you'll be left shaking your head like whag happen, did they run out of film?? Do not watch it!!
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Welcome to the fun house
nogodnomasters15 September 2019
In 1994 the Gaspari Family Circus sets up in Hidden Desert, Nevada. The minister in the town didn't like their sinful ways so the town folks killed them. One child got away. 25 years later a group of teens on their way to a music festival end up in said town and enter the funhouse looking for a missing compadre. Need I say more?

They couldn't get out of the funhouse and it was apparent the walls were made from boards even I could kick out and it had a tin roof. We hear they are "metal" walls. Yes, metal walls with knot holes. One look at Sam Lazarus and you know the guy who looks like the kid in the wheelchair from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is going to die.

Guide: No sex or nudity. No swearing that I recall.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth it by even The Asylum's usual standards.
Desdecardo7817 March 2021
I am going through and watching every The Asylum movie and came to this monstrosity. It really isn't worth it. I was left asking "Why?" Way to often since it lacked any rhyme or reason for anything that was happening.

I know it's a movie by The Asylum. Just can't expect much out of them and their meat grinder movies. From the beginning I was confused to the very end.

I couldn't understand what the people's motivation was at the beginning. It made no sense. Then everything progressively spiraled till the end and at that time you will probably give up and let the movie be background noise while you clean your shower's grout.

Just avoid this. I enjoy most of The Asylum's gems. They can be so goofy that they become jokes. This had no humour in it. I used to be afraid of clowns and know the just make me question reality and why The Asylum even bothered with this mess.
One of the worst
fadzrulazizifa20 December 2019
Seriously a badly made cheap movie I'm fine with it if it's any good but this one just bad... Let me tell you why it's bad 1) An abandon town with one house, one patrol station, one ticket booth and one fun house. Even though it's been 25 years the house and the patrol station looks like it was build a few days ago. 2) The acting just terrible. 3) The writing just bad (ex: The girl asked the boy if he can walk while the boy had a bone sticking out of his leg) 4) There is nothing to look forward for because the only motive the clown keep killing just because his mother said the show must go on 5) No explaination why the riot for at the beginning 6) It was not scary at all These just some of the reason there is still some more but you need to watch it just to experience how bad the movie is.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoid at all costs
idierkschnieder7 January 2021
Where even to start with this steaming pile of excrement? I've seen quite a few Asylum films but this is definitely one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. The 'actors/actresses' must have been cast in the local shopping mall as none of them will ever win any merits for their 'acting'. The plot is terrible and doesn't make any sense at all. The film set which consists of ramshackle cabin can't have cost more than $100, if it did, the producers were ripped off. The gore is ridiculously cheap for a company that has produced this kind of films for what feels like centuries. If you want to see something more creative, stare at a blank wall for 90 minutes instead.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'd skip this and try to find something better
kevin_robbins21 May 2021
Clown is another picture I recently caught on Amazon Prime. I generally enjoy a good clown horror movie but this movie about a group of friends going into the wrong fun house just wasn't that good. It's disappointing when you're not a fan of even the clown makeup. It's a consistent clown killer, the kills scenes aren't good and the acting is made for television bad. Overall, I'd skip this and try to find something better. I'd give it a 1/10.
2 for the Girls!
fox7816 October 2020
2 Stars only because of the girls! The whole movie is very predictable and boring. You can skip watching this....
They Misspelled 'Crap'
vengeance206 May 2021
Been meaning to watch this for a while now and have finally finished watching after last night. Wasn't expecting much but after seeing this it's safe to say it sucked hard.

The film follows a group who are looking for their friend who has ventured off into the desert in Nevada to a sort of Chernobyl circus type place and ends up being killed inside the fun house he enters. It's then the friends go inside the fun house for themselves and get picked off one by one by the evil clown.

I found the film to be bad. While some of the effects weren't too bad the film mostly sucked badly, the characters were pretty wooden, cardboard and annoying. The deaths were cheap and nasty looking and there didn't seem to be a plot or reason for what was happened or why. Even the 1994 opening to this film didn't offer a clear narrative as to what was happened and why or who was who, it made no sense at all.

The ending was typical with the male characters sacrificing themselves to save the females who I might were sexy and fit so some eye candy for us guys at least.

Overall, don't watch this 80 minute tripe. You'll thank me in the long run. 1/10.
No words......
jromeo-5286124 December 2020
I have no words for how terrible this film is. The storyline is very, very weak, the acting seems like an amature high school drama team is acting. There is nothing scaring you throughout the movie either. Who ever funded this should be reimbursed as should I for watching it.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chaotic and not scary.
johannes2000-119 February 2020
I actually did succeed in watching the whole movie (thumbs-up for my own perseverance) but all the reviews here (save the one that gave a mind-boggling 10/10) are right: this is terrible. The makers clearly aimed at a classic funhouse horror- flick, you know, the one where a bunch of teens recklessly enter a funhouse for a few scares and laughs and then find themselves trapped and the victims of all kinds of horrific deadly contraptions made by a maniac sadistic killer. Alas this movie fails on all the accounts that can make such a premise into worthwhile entertainment: direction, acting, story and script, camera and special effects are way below par.

There's a prologue that supposedly should justify the later goings-on, but it's totally unclear what the hell is happening there. Everyone of the group of teens is as non-descript as the other. Why Davey stupidly enters this desolate funhouse without simply warning his friends with his cell is a mystery. The whole chase and killing-spree that ensues is badly filmed, chaotic and thanks to its repetitiveness plain tedious, and the setting is totally uninspiring, just endless planked corridors in a dilapidated shag-like construction where you can see the outside world all of the time shine through, you expect the thing to collaps within seconds by just pushing against the planks. The horror clown is hardly scary, there are no inventive contraptions that make a funhouse a funhouse, the killings are lame, the dialogues are moronic and the acting.... well, that's simply non-existent. So my two stars are only for the Austin-character who is at least very good-looking.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Won't get that time back
steelscheryl2 October 2020
What a load of rubbish. 5 stars 🤣. Poor acting, storyline was awful, made no sense whatsoever. Badly made film. Throw it in the bin.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What the hell happened?
hubbard-5183630 July 2020
Clown is a mess of a movie that sort of picks up at the end, enough to make it less than watchable. I'm not sure whether this is exactly what the director wanted or whether an editor tried to save it, but if it's the later, they messed up. This movie lacked character development, cinematography, (as one would expect) acting, and any kind of story. The basic make-up of a movie is lacking here, with so much going on that has nothing to do with the plot. In the beginning, the director makes the characters so unlikeable that I couldn't help but root for the clown. The filming was so sharp and everything was so colorful that it didn't even look like a horror movie. The clown looked creepy, but didn't act it. I did appreciate the recorded voices over the speaker. The ending was good, but as bad as the rest of the movie was and it not being dramatic, it lacked any impact. If I were explaining basic movie ideas and how it looks when everything goes wrong, I'd show them this. Otherwise, don't waste your time.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yass girl give us nothing.
aj-4302325 May 2022
They hired a bunch of amateur improve actors and just set em loose inside a decorated barn with the vague notion that it's supposed to be a horror. Not really, but honestly the story is so nonsensical they might as well have.

The villain was... Definitely there. I don't know if the clown had supernatural powers or if the editing/pacing of the movie was just nonsense. I mean I walked away from this movie with nothing gained and lost 1 hour and 20ism minutes of my life.

Honestly this movie has the energy of a killer clown game made up by some kids. Its like an 8 year old was forced to write and directed ii. It's exactly that actually.

I don't say this often but I genuinely think this movie is a waste of time and I wish I could have that hour back.
Bloody awful.
chrisneville21 April 2021
Bought this film on DVD, the other day 'cause it's a film I hadn't seen, and it was cheap.

So why not?

Sat through the whole thing, 'cause I wanted to see if it would pick up at some point.

And I'm now left wondering ...

Why?

Pretty much the whole film is terrible.

Picks up towards the end slightly, but even then it's dire.
Poor Acting, Average Story
zac-048792 June 2021
Despite a miniature amount of the climax, everything you can think of about Clown is absolutely dreadful. Even for a low budget horror film, the acting and effects along with the entire story are so predictably bad.

Of course the characters in Clown are the type of casual horror movie characters, but their performances are just terrible! Plus, the story is just a really dumb and pointless idea. The film seems to be going ridiculously fast until it kinda has to go deeply boring. The violence is also heavily relied on to scare you, which it fails, but audiences with a gaping fear of clowns may find Clown a decent horror tale.

Still, it's pointlessly unfortunate that films like this one surmise that they can have you screaming with the violent attacks. The ideas of the objects and features of Clown are already taken which makes the film a lot less creepy. So please to all the horror creators out there, if you have unique plans for an entertaining story, let 'em all out!... But not like Clown...

If you liked this review, check out the full review and other reviews at aussieboyreviews.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TRASH
t-frems14 December 2020
Trash, just trash. Stear away. Bad acting and horriffic directing. An hour and a half in my life i dont get back 😒. I didnt have the biggest hopes when i started this movie, but omg... With a story like this, you expect more.
worst horror movie
ykhachabi2 May 2020
This movie i dont have any words to describe how bad it is it is one of the worst horror movies ever made the acting is horrible everything is horrible please dont watch it its not worth it
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trash
assignmentghost20 May 2022
Okay, this movie is pretty bad and didn't make any sense. But some of these reviews acting like horror movies need sex and nudity to be good? Y'all are nasty little perverts. If you're offended by that then you're the problem. This movie is a waste of time and it has a very abrupt ending, like they just couldn't fit a proper ending into their budget. It started off pretty okay but as soon as the rest of the group got into the fun house it slowly went to shit.

I don't get why Austin failed so hard at the end there, like he didn't even try to defend himself. He literally packed a lighter and what I presume to be flammable spray and just didn't use it. How did the fun house even catch on fire? Also the scene where the girl with the classes was getting chunks taken out by the dolls, that was so dumb. She just sat in the ground and let it happen. Lots of unneeded scenes. Like near the beginning, that random cut to Gordy calling for Kody then cutting to Kody just walking. What was the point? Let's not forget how Kody was just absent from the group most of the time they were in the abandoned area, like they just forgot to out the actor back in the scene. Generally speaking it was a shit movie. It was obviously a low budget movie, they could've just kicked their way out of the fun house.
Typical Asylum film
sturnokval26 November 2020
For some odd reason I was on a killer clown kick on Amazon Prime and saw this. The poster looked promising amd figured lets que it up. As soon as it started and The Asylum came on screen I knew I was in for a rough time.

The movie starts with a circus coming to a town in 1994. The townfolks are killing the circus people because apparently one of the circus kids is a killer clown. Movie time jumps 25 years later to a group of teens on a road trip. One of them Davey runs off and the others go looking for him. You see the abandoned town with a bunch of clown mannequins and what not. Davey goes into the fun hoise and gets attacked by a clown. So the rest decide since they can't find him to go into the in-house to find him. What follows is the clown stalking them in the funhouse and dumb decisions abound.

The acting is one dimensional and in typical Asylum fashion was rushed to profit from the It chapter 2 release. If you enjoy cheesy low budget horror films this one is ok
The Chicken Girl
saint_brett25 July 2022
Be warned - this movie is only three-quarters complete. (There's no ending.)

I borrowed a fresh batch of compost last Friday from the Library and tonight I've decided to go with 'Clown.' Korn clown? ICP? Slipknot clown? Gacy clown?

Is that Chris Pontius?

In a backstory, we're introduced to a scene ripped right from 'Birdemic' where the town locals, led by Rob Zombie, and all armed with shotguns, hound some circus gypsy's out of dodge.

Movie then cuts to 25 years later and all the scenes here are jumping around like a pinball in fast fashion. Throw in a drone as well and this movie won't sit still, or settle down. The movie's rushed and doesn't really set a solid platform.

A high school film project has chosen to cast 9 victims, and boy oh boy, you should see the mixed variety they've opted for. What connection do any of these 9 have with each other is anybody's guess.

"Bock, bock, bock." I had to rewind this scene at the 21:31-minute mark 4 times to believe what I was seeing with the chicken girl. And yes, "Bock, bock, bock."

To think that Eastwood, Streep, Brando, and the Hepburn's, paved the way for future actors to follow and this is what we have in their place. "Bock, bock, bock." I gotta say though that these YouTube actors are slightly improving this day and age. They're one shade better than "The Star Wars Kid." Things are looking on the up, I guess.

Trapped in a slaughter house, a group consisting of special ed students, football jocks, a muscle head, and 2 stuck-up mean girls, are being strategically cornered and trapped like test subjects to see how they perform under duress.

There's a guy captured who sports pastrami on his face. The clucking special ed student is attacked in a dollhouse by mechanical toys, controlled by a train track switch lever, and I'm not buying it. 2 levers can do all that?

At times the camerawork is like a Lifetime movie uploaded to YouTube with bad zooming. (It's a copyright thing online.)

Muscle head makes sure that he shows off his ripped triceps when going down a trapdoor in an early scene and in case we missed it the first time he does it again a second time.

Like anybody is impressed.

Muscle head smears movie prop grease all over his face - it's a wonder he didn't wear a Venice Beach shirt - and it's a bad case of Village People "Macho Man" imagery.

You know it just occurred to me that you hardly see any nudity in movies this day and age? Bit of useless trivia.

This movie's in need of a straitjacket and returned back to the warehouse. The camerawork has a split personality. The cameraman thinks he's in a war zone. It's like it's filmed when an earthquake shook.

There goes muscle head a third time showing off his triceps. YMCA here we come.

Movie's incomplete with no ending and must have run out of funding at the end so it seems? It's abruptly paused in the editing room and they failed to film a finale.

It goes for an hour and twenty minutes and there was probably intended to be 10 more minutes but the budget was overstretched most likely and they didn't get to film the final 10 minutes? That would make it only a three-quarter movie.

2018-2022 has been a sad period for movie productions. A lot of them are lazy efforts with sloppy story lines and TikTok actors, who show little to no enthusiasm. This haphazard generation of unenthused entertainers are kidding themselves, and severely misguided, if they're under the impression that they're making quality viewing. You're embarrassing yourself, churning out this amateur stuff, Hollywood.

Sadly, all these "clowns" involved in this movie are the future of film and what lies ahead.

Isn't that reassuring?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.