Bugsy Malone (1976)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 6 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is no sex, but Tallulah mentions adult orientated sex references including 'Whats your pleasure, Bugsy?' and in her song, My Name is Tallulah, sex references are plenty.
Violence & Gore
- Violence is subtle and calm. There is no blood or injury detail but splurge is meant to replace blood.
- Mild insults: bilberry, wisey etc. Tallulah's line 'Come on sugar, how about smearing my lipstick' could be classed as mild profanity.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some of the film is set in a speakeasy, and children drink pretend alcohol but they smoke real cigarettes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- More threat than needed is injected into the film, as Dandy Dan is killing off Fat Sam's workers with Splurge Guns. The fight at the end is intense.
- There are close-ups of several people being shot with splurge guns which can be frightening. They are only five seconds each and it is presented in a comical fashion.