Reviews

21 Bridges (2019)
Great suspense action flick!
8 December 2019
A bit sloppy but great twists and adrenaline filled ride! Chadwick Bosman is so awesome as the good cop, the bulk of the film is intense and it has you continuously wanting to know what happens next. J.K. Simmons is great as always so is everyone else. I would highly recommend 21 Bridges for fans of crime/action genres.
Waves (I) (2019)
Incredibly well filmed drama flim!
8 December 2019
I absolutely love the soundtrack throughout, the cinematography is so good, and the acting is impeccable! Trey Edward Schulz made such a beautiful piece of cinema, I hope Waves gets Oscar nods or at least stays doing well. I love the family dynamic and everything they go through! Waves is so damm good!
Gremlins (1984)
A wonderful nightmare fueled classic gem!
8 December 2019
I got to see Gremlins in the theater today which was thrilling and very enjoyable especially since I've seen the film a few times. I absolutely love the soundtrack and all the scenes with the gremlins! Phoebe Cates is precious, I love the rest of the cast too. Legendary Joe Dante experience among many others.
Green Room (2015)
A dark atmospheric neo nazi excellent thriller!
5 December 2019
Absolutely love Green Room originally saw in the theater and since then become one of my favorite horror experiences ever! The beautiful cinematography and how everything plays out. The script is crisp, the unnerving suspense is great, and the immersive conversations is wonderful.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hello neighbor this is a heartwarming piece of art!
5 December 2019
A wonderful experience throughout, Tom Hanks was impeccable as Fred Rogers! Numerous adorable parts and incredible acting where I just wanna give everyone involved an award. Matthew Rhys did so good, I love all the father parts with him and when he talks to his wife. So much endearing aspects I'm so glad I was able to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood with my mom and the fact that I used to watch the show as a kid 20 years ago.
Comfortingly enjoyable
4 December 2019
I wanted to see way sooner and didn't get a chance; so glad I am now! Melissa McCarthy is phenomenal, it's a shame the film or people didn't win the 3 Oscars it was nominated for. I'm very much hoping to become a well known writer Can you ever forgive me is very inspirational! I love so many scenes with (Lee Israel) Melissa McCarthy, she should really do more dramas. The lighting and and cinematography is incredible too; highly recommended.
So damn good!
3 December 2019
I originally saw in the theater which was great I remember laughing more than others and smiling throughout! Has one of the best soundtracks and numerous great lines. The effects are impressive, so are the vast amount of easter eggs. It's so delightful how great the humor is among with how lovely the dancing bits are. I am glad James Gunn helmed such a precious project and happy to own on Blu-Ray eventually I want the 4K of it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mr. Robot: 408 Request Timeout (2019)
Season 4, Episode 8
Spectacular thrilling episode!
2 December 2019
I love the intensity and brilliance in every scene! Mr. Robot is truly one of the greatest shows ever made, it proves how well done it is continuously throughout the series. I really hope there's Emmy nods next year cause it deserves at least 10 of them just for season 4.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best rom-com I ever seen!
2 December 2019
I'm glad I got to see in the theater for the first time, such a wonderful experience! I absolutely love Billy Crystal and how chatty he was. Such a hilarious enthralling treasure and well written! Nora Ephron the screenwriter should've won the Oscar nods, it's a real shame when that happens. Rob Reiner is a masterful creative director that I truly appreciate!
The Collector (I) (2009)
One of the best horrors ever made!
1 December 2019
Morbidly sickening, dark exhilarating and brilliant experience! I love The Collector so much for it's soundtrack and story. Very well filmed unlike most horror which I highly appreciate; I wish I could direct such a twisted film. Maybe I am strange but I absolutely love the way The Collector ends, it makes everything else bundles of great entertainment.
Queen & Slim (2019)
An incredible experience of joy and suspense
1 December 2019
Well worth the money no matter what people say the bulk of the movie is so well done and wonderfully thrilling! The cast is riveting and the cinematography is spectacular! I understand the hate the film got but I must say I absolutely loved Queen and Slim's legacy of adventures. One of the best of its type, I hope a portion appreciate it.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stay Tuned (1992)
666th review and quite a special one to me!
1 December 2019
Absolutely love this charming unique satan enlightenment! The story is so so good, very original in fact which is always a great extravaganza of thought provoking fun. "Screw up in here and your dead meat, dead me! - Love that line so much! The cast, soundtrack, and style of everything is so much excellence; I smile a lot whilst watching it. I so wanna own whenever possible.
Elf (2003)
Wonderful holiday spirit film - Never gets old
1 December 2019
I was lucky enough to see in the theater today which was so much fun! Will Ferrell is endlessly entertaining in just about anything. Zooey Deschanel is especially stunning in this role, she's a glow of true beauty. Elf is so much fun as should be to many others too! Numerous funny parts and several heartwarming bits makes for a lovely gem that I'll always appreciate.
Basic (2003)
Slick John Travolta is a blast!
29 November 2019
Great mystery thriller with a lot of unexpected surprises and nail biting performances that keep you interested till the epilogue! A lot of rain the bulk of the film which adds for a lot of intensity. I respect both sides of anyone whom either loves or doesn't like Basic, it's not like most whodunnit types thats for sure and well worth the chance.
Best war film ever!
29 November 2019
Martin Sheen's performance is one of the greatest things to ever be done! The sound throughout is ambient glossy perfection, I love how the acting is incredible in every scene. Apocalypse Now is a truly magical adventure thrill ride filled with beautiful atmospheric vibe. There's so much exciting elements even for a non war fan this is masterful for anyone.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should've won the 3 Oscars it was nominated for!
27 November 2019
I kind of remember seeing in the theater, that was fun! Visually striking and masterful sound extravaganza. War of the Worlds is highly under appreciated, thought provoking and very engaging. Tom Cruise did great, I'm blown away this film even got hate really doesn't deserve it. Steven Spielberg is a legendary filmmaker and always will be no matter what he's artist with great vision.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchmen: This Extraordinary Being (2019)
Season 1, Episode 6
A true masterpiece
26 November 2019
Exquisite cinematography and thrilling sound throughout! Definitely the best episode of the series because of numerous epic scenes, incredible acting, fight sequences are superb and the soundtrack is a great delight. I absolutely the love noir style and music! I kind of agree with the ones that said better than the movie, in my opinion cause Watchmen movie is a CGI fest; it's nice the show barely has anything like that. Also Glenn Fleshier is one of my favorite tough guy actors.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wildlife (2018)
Beautiful directorial debut for Paul Dano
23 November 2019
Carey Mulligan and Ed Oxenbould are great in this lovely drama. The music is riveting and so is the sound editing; both ambient. I am quite intrigued by so many scenes very captivating! So glad Wildlife is available on showtime, I would highly recommend it.
Knives Out (2019)
The perfect whodunnit film
23 November 2019
Beautifully filmed and thought out very well which to me is good enough! Great ensemble cast that did excellent acting among adding hilarious parts in many scenes. Absolutely love Daniel Craig and Ana De Amas did awesome! I'm sure Knives Out has mixed opinions but I am very glad I got to see an early screening.
97 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Affair (2014– )
Beautiful drama that I'm excited to binge through cause my mom recommended it
22 November 2019
Incredible acting, The Affair deserves every award that it earned or any other praise! I haven't seen much yet but I am sure the bulk of the show is riveting. I love Laura Tierney she's beautiful and captivating; so is Dominic West I love him in The Wire, and Punisher:War Zone. Also Joshua Jackson is great in Fringe and The Mighty Duck films, lol yeah I Have seen a lot. Already absolutely loving The Affair, highly recommend to anyone whom hasn't seen yet!
Shameless (2011– )
Wonderfully addictive dark drama
22 November 2019
In the last couple years I binged through all the seasons which was mostly really enjoyable although the new seasons have really gone done hill. I like how someone said crisp script thats clever, it is mostly well polished and heartwarming! I love all the characters throughout and how outrageous things get; lots of character development. Among one of the most enjoyable shows available on showtime, I'll always appreciate it till it is over.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Homeland (2011– )
Been on the fence about it but I love this show!
22 November 2019
I watched around 4 seasons before until I started losing interest cause me and my mom used to watch together. I'm giving another chance and really appreciate this terrorist/CIA based show! Damien Lewis among so many others are so great; the acting is incredible which is understandable Homeland has lasted so long. I absolutely love the beginning credits and gripping story.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ray Donovan: Faith. Hope. Love. Luck. (2019)
Season 7, Episode 1
Very satisfied with this one
22 November 2019
Well over due for several things that occur and just gets better as it goes. I know not everyone agrees and I'm really sorry for that! Happy that Ray is trying different things to calm himself and the soundtrack is greatness!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A swift spike of beautiful cinema mastery
21 November 2019
One of the best films of the year! Great enlightenment of incredible acting and magic in editing! Christian Bale's performance is a spark of excellence as always, he's one of the best actors in this generation. If I had one complaint it'd be that Matt Damon chews way to much gum but part of me thinks that added on his glorious performance. I really hope Ford Vs. Ferrari gets Oscar praise, it deserves every bit of love.
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Atypical (2017– )
Absolutely love Atypical being on the spectrum of ASD
20 November 2019
I relate to so much of the quirky things throughout and enjoy so many scenes! Keir Gilchrist is so great as Sam, crazy how he hasn't been nominated. I rarely use Netflix cause I watch so much other stuff but this is always worth it; I have adapted over the years to love my autism traits even though it's very difficult too! I am so glad ASD has become more known at least to some extent some people don't know what it is and that's always awkward. Regardless of anything Atypical is phenomenal and I always appreciate every episode.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.