Reviews

1,095 Reviews
The Third Day (2020– )
Mind-bending delight
28 September 2020
Absolutely incredible atmospheric cinematography, stylish direction, and glorious mystery! I don't know what's going on I love that aspect. Jude Law is riveting to watch so is Katherine Waterson! I really like what others said The Third Day has Lost, Wicker Park, and Midsommar vibes. I'm excited to see how the rest plays out.
Home Alone (1990)
Masterful comedy/family flick
28 September 2020
Seen this classic so many times and never ceases to get old. With a bunch of great scenery, adorableness, original vibes, and comedy! Macaulay Culkin shined so much, he deserved the millions earned for his role. I love how Joe Pesci went from Scorsese films where he swore so much where as in this he had to bite his tongue. John Hughe was a gifted writer that helmed some gems!
Just Mercy (2019)
Excellent court drama!
27 September 2020
Micheal B. Jordan is incredible as a lawyer in this great film by Destin Daniel Cretton! Some unfortunate racism involved otherwise just about everything else is so well done. The acting is astounding Just Mercy feels robbed of a nomination in the last award season! Story about the wrong person convicted of felonies turns out to be quite heartwarming and better than expected especially when I first saw the ratings.
Mother's Day (I) (2010)
Spectacular tense horror/drama film
23 September 2020
Brutal invasion to a party of new owners and bank robbers along with their mother (Rebecca Demornay) incredible performance at that! I've wanted to see this for awhile recently decided to buy the Blu-Ray on a whim, glad I did too it's a pleasant surprise. The cast of characters are awesomesauce, the cinematography is pretty, and the way things play out is satisfying! I like how more enjoyed this movie than not.
Atmospheric excellent drama
22 September 2020
Jack Dylan Glazer and Cloe Savigny are electrifying! I'm not sure why We Are Who We Are isn't higher rated. The Style and music are so so good, gives a great vibe! This show makes me wish I had more going on, it's hard having autism. Anyway I've been wanting to see this series for awhile since I saw the previews and the director is incredible at his craft. I'm I decided to watch this and I recommend to anyone.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm among very few that absolutely loves this adaptation
19 September 2020
Katherine Waterson is electrifying to me! Along with a few others most others I understand the hate there are some moronic decisions. The cinematography and creature looks are the best it's ever been. Even the atmospheric scenery is glorious in many parts! I guess bashing the androids are fair, I must say they make things interesting. I absolutely love the horror elements pretty extreme while being well done! Another thing is the music so so good!
Dahmer (2002)
Chilling, exceptional and disturbing
18 September 2020
Jeremy Renner is extraordinary as Jeffery Dahmer! Filmed in a stylish way that is quite enjoyable while being creepy. I understand the ratings/negativity it is a bit odd and low budget sense to it. I've been fascinated by serial killer type stories for awhile I'm glad I recently bought this twisted film on Blu-Ray!
Deadpool (2016)
Awesome all around
17 September 2020
I can't believe this didn't win either of the 2 golden globes years back! Such a wonderful theater experience and still very entertaining. Exactly what Deadpool should be a foul mouthed, buff, stunt galore, and hilarious. The cinematography along with the style is magnificent; a lovable gem that deserves so much credit! I can't praise this movie enough, I like how well written it is too.
Very well done drama/thriller/mystery
16 September 2020
Incredibly well acted cop story about a murder of a daughter and trying to catch the guy who did it. Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, and Chiwetel Ejiofor were very captivating throughout! I really like the way some parts were filmed quite enticing. I was surprised by the way things were revealed while I'm happy with it; great for a mom and son movie night!
Very David Lynch like
13 September 2020
Incredibly bizarre well written dialogue throughout and funny! Perfect amount of weird in a 17 minute short!
Superb unique experience of the 90's
12 September 2020
A virtual tech company tests a chimpanzee but when that doesn't work out Dr. Lawerence Angelo (Pierce Brosnan) tests Jobe (Jeff Fahey) the halfwit Lawnmower Man of the area things get a bit enhanced. Cheesy in many aspects definitely a special treat the way it is; like the special effects I love the way they were done! Underrated in my opinion, it's well written, peculiar, has incredible music, and captivating style. I'm happy to own this on Blu-Ray and be among very few that appreciates the film for what it is!
The Fan (1996)
A very tense sport drama/thriller
11 September 2020
Robert De Niro's stern performance is riveting! I'm blown away The Fan has a 5.9 at the same time it's understandable with the way it's filmed. A business/baseball fanatic trying to be a good father even though it's difficult with a edgy X wife not allowing the dad around. The soundtrack, suspense, drama and writing are magnificent! Surely has its flaws but to me The Fan blows any feelings out of the park.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely has its moments and great effects
10 September 2020
The least of the better ones yet I sill really like The Final Destination for what it is. Some cheesy bits for sure but entertaining and stylish! Not much to say with this movie it's a bit disturbing not as much as the others plus the acting is sloppy. The best things is the 3D trickery effects, colors, and deaths.
I love this one
9 September 2020
Ghoulish sickening very good sequel, might not be appreciated as much the original but I love it! The way everything plays out is great, the music, sound effects, characters, and the deaths are awesome to me! I absolutely the madness in Final Destination 3 it's quite different. James Wong's versions are the best despite any flaws they have. Mystery and suspense are such a great aspect.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost on the same scale as the original!
9 September 2020
Scarring imagery/memorable scenes, a worthy continuation! This time starting by a highway pile up which is gruesome. Such a effed up chain of supernatural events! I absolutely love how I get goosebumps that's a wonderful feeling every time. David R. Ellis vision has its flaws but damn Final Destination 2 is a wild enticing ride!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"If intervene I change the design"
9 September 2020
Worthy horror film that is disturbing every time at least for me! A force beyond our power death in a supernatural way that I love so much! Final Destination films are among my favorite horrors, the mystery is so great. The sounds are chilling enough to be creepy. Man the writing/dialogue is so good; I wouldn't want the movie to be any other way.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jacob's Ladder (I) (1990)
Masterful spiral of psychological horror/drama
9 September 2020
Tim Robbins is such an astonishing actor, he went through so much emotions in this role! I absolutely love the way the cinematography was done sets such an atmospheric vibe and mystery. The scariest part is the mental hospital which was so bizarre and memorable. Quite a daring experience of PTSD after the Vietnam war among other aspects; the whole expedition is so well done while being shocking!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh it's barely enjoyable at all I understand the hate
6 September 2020
The script is atrocious and so are the actors! I don't Know how this even got made it doesn't follow the story at all. It's only a little sweet and mildly entertaining otherwise it's one of the worst films ever made!
Fairly enjoyable
6 September 2020
Very sweet and cute monkey film! The acting and cinematography is so bad though otherwise so much fun entertainment. If you watch as guilty pleasure then it's one of the greatest things ever!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deserves higher ratings, awesome action sci-fi!
6 September 2020
Wildly entertaining throughout sure it has some serious misleading aspects but come on this is great blockbuster film! Packed with awesome actors, beautiful cinematography, cool dialogue, and nice of futuristic with western style. The creators so great reminds of Fallout the games aliens even though I haven't played much of them. It's nice that Steven Spielberg was a producer he's a legend of the genre.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Emilia Clarke is so gorgeous and makes this worth watching
6 September 2020
A charming rom-com based on George Micheals song Last Christmas! Paul Feig is pretty good at making most movies except the rubbish ones. Typical romance movie with quite a bit of brightness and heartwarming vibes. Very lovable in many ways, I'm glad it was more appreciated by many!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the most satisfying animated films
6 September 2020
Will Smith and Tom Holland are so great together! I really enjoy Spy movies even better mixed with science. Such a glorious adventure story about trying to catch a master villain played by Ben Mendelssohn which is an awesome actor! The animation design is beautiful, just about everything is great; I don't really have complaints.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Easily one of the most brilliant movies ever made!
5 September 2020
I'm blown away by how awesome The Mandela Effect is and underrated! Very captivating especially to me with the mystery and well written which I always love! I'm surprised this only has a 5.7 maybe since I'm an aspie I appreciate complexity. "Grief comes in many forms". Basically a spiral of realizations maybe true or false that is what is intriguing.
Prometheus (I) (2012)
Visually arresting under appreciated by many
4 September 2020
I'm not sure what the deal is with a massive lot that watched and bashed Prometheus but it's spectacular! The acting, cinematography effects galore, soundtrack, and Sci-Fi is magnificent! I guess the writing is a little sloppy once that's voided out the rest is very enjoyable especially as a reimagining of Alien. I've wanted to own in 4K for a few years unfortunate it's rarely available on Amazon, glad it's available on HBO. I only saw once before today I didn't like as much then I appreciate it much more now.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very enjoyable stomach churner
3 September 2020
Mostly chill teen drama of some boys hanging out till they find some things of a marine brother and things get dark fast. Not sure why others didn't like this movie but this is only my second time seeing to which I really enjoy it especially the atmospheric scenery is incredible! I crave teen movies for some reason. Kind of a memorable disturbing film that I'd recommend to anyone. A few didn't like the last act I think it's perfect the way it is!