Reviews

Playing with Fire (I) (2019)
Mindless entertainment
2 April 2020
Keegan-Micheal Key is so awesome in this movie so is John Cena! Sure Playing with Fire is aimed at kids well I'm 27 and I have Autism I enjoy things differently. Beautiful cinematography, silly fun, and entertaining enough! This movie is nuts I like the whacky humor.
Very interesting and misunderstood
2 April 2020
This is very fascinating for fans of anything Alien about them not just the movie many misunderstood that. Soothing to me to listen to all the interviewers talk about H.P. Love craft, outer space, art designs, and stories; I love it all! Thought provoking in many ways which is greatness to me, unfortunate Memory: The Origins of Alien even had any controversy I consider it all intriguing. I absolutely crave learning about filmmaking in any aspect which this has talks of who was gonna helm Alien originally among other aspects which is great!
Bloodline (III) (2018)
Subtle dark beautiful slasher
1 April 2020
Incredible experience of madness, cinematography and a captivating performance from Sean William Scott! Interesting how others reference Dexter, I guess I can see the similarities. The soundtrack is so damn good I absolutely love when horror has a dope tune to go with it! Very vibrant colors that go quite well with the scenery which is rare for a lot of movies. Nice mix of a loving family and menacing vibes along with some unfortunate cruelty.
Boiling Point (I) (1993)
Fairly enjoyable crime/ investigation story
1 April 2020
Much better than the 4.9 rating on here! Quite a feat of great actors mashed into a 1 hour 32 minutes which is impressive. Mobs, dancing, unnerving presences, incredible acted scenes, nice costumes, and a few confusing bits in total a great movie! Jonathan Banks, Wesley Snipes, Dennis Hopper and Tobin Bell are the best in Boiling Point. I appreciate the atmospheric style throughout that keeps you interested in more.
Stomach churner
1 April 2020
The Butterfly Effect is a great drama/thriller that has more edge to it than meets than the eye. Very well written unique story about the aspects of blackouts, trauma, time, and the ways of coping with the many struggles the main characters dealt with. I love how thought provoking it is that's my jam! Even with the subject matter of very disturbing aspects to the story, it's well made and gives me goosebumps in the best possible!
Guilty pleasure
1 April 2020
I've been made fun of for enjoying Are We There Yet which is unfortunate! Despite the flaws this movie has it warms my heart. Ice Cube is great through out and so are the kids. Not for everyone but I love this movie the way it is! Adventure stories are great to me even the unorthodox ones at least occasionally.
Showtime (2002)
Pure gem
1 April 2020
Love this movie so much I used to watch the VHS many times! Hilarious fun that is wild and comforting to me. Some of it is not meant to be seriously which is ok sometimes, Robert De Niro and Eddie Murphy are excellent together! Oddly satisfying for an autistic guy like me. I love the shine, glossy, and natural lighting to several scenes. The soundtrack is a delightful treat that flows well with the story. I think it's great how there's genuineness then there's whacky aspects; plus Caesar Vargas is a awesome villain.
Legendary classic
1 April 2020
A group of friends spend a weekend at a beautiful lake house where silly jokes and crazy things start to occur! Charming edgy very different horror/comedy that I think is highly underrated and misunderstood. Raw talent that is glorious for it's time, April Fool's Day achieved greatness for what it did unlike any most movies in the mystery type! Turn your brain off and enjoy some entertainment for 90 minutes.
The Rundown (2003)
"Santa Claus doesn't give any breaks"
31 March 2020
The perfect balance of action and comedy! I love The Rundown like I do with Midnight Run, They're very similar which is a great thing! I've seen this movie at least 50 times if not more. One of Peter Bergs best that is endlessly entertaining every time. I don't why it didn't get more praise the movie is well filmed, written with glorious dialogue, great action, and has really cool shots that are always great especially to me that wants to work on movies at some point in my life.
Westworld (1973)
Excellent film
31 March 2020
The lovely oldness is glorious, I don't watch oldies enough. A brilliant thought provoking story about hosts that control an amusement park that guests get to do whatever they want without repercussions or at least mostly. The glass shattering when Yul Brenner gets shot for the second time is one of the greatest things ever and so is the soundtrack! James Brolin and Michael Benjamin were legendary! Micheal Crichton was a genius for his time!
Suspiria (I) (2018)
Not sure about the hate but this is a masterpiece
30 March 2020
I'll probably get hate for it but I haven't seen the original, I'm sure it's incredible! Suspiria is incredibly well filmed with such a style that makes it feel old with a awesome soundtrack! Glorious eerie vibes in many parts which is nice. Very much reminds me of Black Swan just very different and more terrifying; which I love! Electrifying experience that I didn't expect, I cant't believe Suspira didn't get more praise.
Honey Boy (2019)
Riveting all around should've been nominated
30 March 2020
Shia Leboeuf should've been nominated for the screenplay and acting! Wildly entertaining throughout no wonder Honey Boy got praised. Beautiful cinematography that inspires me to wanna live in California rather than NC like other films, I don't know though I hear different things. Absolutely love the glossy colors in several parts! Heartbreaking the things Shia experienced; I'm sure not many knew about his life struggles. Highly recommend Honey Boy it's very well made and touching, some would consider it a tearjerker.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Underrated masterpiece in comedy/sport!
30 March 2020
I've seen this adaption at least 50 times and still love it! Crisp script that is hilarious, smooth and acted wonderfully at least in my opinion. I consider this a delightful quality pleasure film that is directed well by Richard Linklater! I love the silly lines throughout so much fun. Bad News Bears is so heartwarming, Billy Bob Thornton was perfect for the main role Morris Buttermaker. I laugh so much during it which is great!
Low Tide (2019)
Liberating beautiful story driven experience
30 March 2020
The cinematography and soundtrack alone are so tranquil; quite impressed for an amateur director! I wanna note the reviewer TheTopDawgCritic is an awesome reviewer I was highly inspired by him a year ago now I almost have a 1,000 reviews. Anyway great cast that is enjoyable to watch their characters throughout. Low Tide is very well written and intriguing constantly which is nice for an independent film! I absolutely love when there's a tough guy and under dogs that have an uncertainty about him, not enough like this.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Supernatural: Peace of Mind (2019)
Season 14, Episode 15
Hilarious bizarre one
29 March 2020
I've been a fan of Supernatural for at least 6 years and this is one of the best ones since some of the older episodes! I laughed at least 5 different parts which is great especially for a show that's usually dark. Peace of mind feels like a classic Twilight Zone with a great Supernatural vibe!
The Kitchen (2019)
Fairly enjoyable despite the issues
29 March 2020
Cool gangster type with awesome cast a bit messy plot points but entertaining enough and excellent soundtrack! A few glitches that can be voided out with the right perspective, the writing isn't as bad as some say for sure. Elizabeth Moss and Melissa McCarthy are incredible; I respect the women empowerment aspect to the story. Not to bad for what it is especially as a first time director.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Foreplay/ long time - Great song to start an awesome movie
28 March 2020
I understand the hate but this is a delightful crime/mystery/ comedy where a guy gets killed and Spensor wants to solve it. I love Mark Wahlberg and I always enjoy a wonderful action flick! Spensor Confidential is hilarious fun with crafty style, Peter Berg is a great Director that has a solid resume of great and mediocre cinema. The soundtrack is gold to me I love classic rock and I love Winston Duke!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outbreak (1995)
"First we argue about the dogs, now we're arguing about the virus"
28 March 2020
Excellent horrifying film about a unknown virus with a great cast and very well acted! For a film about a pandemic Outbreak holds its own as a entertaining many years later in the midst of 2020 we're dealing with a deadly virus with the same amount of uncertainty in this movie which is intriguing. Wolfgang Peterson has made some masterful films that I would highly recommend just like this! I love Outbreak and how halfway in people need to quarantine, the vibe is extraordinary it gives me goosebumps.
Ozark (2017– )
Spectacularly thrilling
27 March 2020
Such a damn good crime series that gives me anxious feelings and bliss! I really wanted Ozark to win golden globes the last couple years the acting is out of this world, great A entertainment. Quite a lot of business stuff that is well done and written; plus a fair amount of gritty violence that gives a nice suspenseful vibe especially for some of the main characters! I love the way Ozark was filmed, beautiful cinematography and captivating performances.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Supernatural (2005– )
Great action/horror/comedy that succeeds for so long
26 March 2020
So enjoyable watching Dean and Sam experience everything bizarre or mysterious! Some hit or miss episodes that were meh then others that gave me the best feeling ever that make me definitely want to keep watching the journey. CW has quite a few shows I wouldn't recommend/ care where as Supernatural is amazing and the story tends to always have more excitement around the corner! The music couldn't be better, so much epicness to purify the soul.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Immersive masterful war film better than most
25 March 2020
Jeremy Renner was perfect as staff sergeant William James that played his character slick and tense to watch. I love the jaw dropping way Hurt Locker was filmed, very gripping bomb disarming story with spectacular acting even in the side scenes. I admit I'm not much of a war movie fan but this is beyond measures of great! I don't know how they handle the heat so well too, so much respect for soldiers!
You're Next (2011)
Looking for the magic
24 March 2020
Love You're Next so much, easily among the best the best slashers! Great for it's type and memorable parts! Very creepy, highly disturbing, well filmed, and enticing aspects that I won't spoil. Love the cast I've seen several in other horror films which is heartwarming to me.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Among very few remakes that is great
21 March 2020
So many enjoyable elements, awesome lines, and delightful soundtrack! One of the few Zack Snyder films that is good, he's done quite a few that have meh. When I was younger Dawn of the Dead disturbed me quite a lot so I'd say it's done it's job which I love for the genre! I love the snotty characters and everything that occurs is very satisfying. Not many zombie movies that I appreciate so I'm this exists.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
High Life (2018)
Incredible cinematic experience
20 March 2020
A slow burn that is bizarre and brilliant! Sensational film that reminds me a lot of 2001 Space Oydessy with originality. High Life is one of a kind, I love black holes and the entire concept of String Theory in which this has elements of both. The dark aspects are bit gritty but necessary for the story, love it or not this is a great movie!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Twilight Zone (2019– )
Much better than expected
17 March 2020
I'm happy I binged the original Twilight Zone last year that was masterful and this new one isn't as bad as some say! Very bizarre, awkward at times, and well made! I'm a huge fan of anything peculiar so I'm loving Twilight Zone, I especially love Jordan Peele he's great at his craft. Unfortunate the show didn't do well quite odd. Enter a new dimension and love the bizarre like me.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.