Reviews

2,184 Reviews
A little late but so damn enjoyable as a fan
25 February 2024
I love the classic vibes from the series I'm fairly quirky and similar to Monk that nitpicks often. So great that Randy says here's what happened just like Monk would that moment was awesome! I definitely would've watched sooner if it wasn't for sleep issues plus was really into the anime One Piece, glad I can get around to watching other greatness overtime. Some of the movie is ridiculous yet so damn enjoyable for fans at the same time I love the song "It's a jungle out there" from the series the movie lacked a little wonderful joyful atmospheres and wow I didn't expect how funny this would be so satisfying!
Dune (1984)
Way better than I imagined!
20 February 2024
Saw as a fathom event in the last few hours and wow so damn good. I could've sworn I originally watched with a friend around 16 years ago I had no memory so seeing in the theater was very satisfying! I haven't felt well with not much sleep yet still glad I was able to see this classic gem. One of the strangest films, under-appreciated, captivating authentic cinema, slightly cheesy, thought provoking, and very ambient! I loved all powers it's kinda like an alternate universe of Star Wars which was refreshing. David Lynch has been quite a legend at his craft for around 50 years, it's no wonder he spends time painting now.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best episode in many years!
19 February 2024
Curb your Enthusiasm is among one of my favorites in the last decade, I have autism and I'm a lot like Larry David the bulk of the series is so enjoyable. Vertical Drop, Horizontal Tug hit the spot a vast improvement on the last couple episodes very smooth throughout, so funny, well directed with classic dilemmas some of which are quite refreshing! I love all the cast and flow of every conversation. This is the Curb I imagine fans of the series cherish more than the meh ones like the season 12 premiere was average at best understandably so it was the complete opposite of this one where as all of Vertical Drop was a perfect treat!
43 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved this a lot!
15 February 2024
I have a regal subscription right before this I saw Madame Web that was horrible and holy cow Lisa Frankenstein hit the spot especially on Valentines Day I meant to see sooner just was having sleep issues I felt phenomenal enough to bike to the movies so worth it! I noticed someone said it should've been R rated I do agree with that for sure yet Zelda Williams did an exceptional job with her directorial debut and Diablo Cody writer of Juno is quite talented. This movie is bizarre may not for everyone, perfect mix of horror, romance and a bit of comedy mashed in well. Very much deserves praise and hope others love it too.

I don't understand why my 2 recent reviews already got hate it's really unnecessary this is a great movie and I said nothing wrong.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Madame Web (2024)
Easily the worst marvel movie ever!
15 February 2024
How did this have 5 writers the writing and acting were so bad!?! Saw in imax which didn't help much there's much better in that format. Genuinely expected better cause SJ Clarkson has directed excellent episodes of numerous series like Dexter, Succession and House M. D which I love a lot among other series but Madame Web was so messy. This is unique for me since I usually love everything I watch, I have 2,181 reviews to where I generally praise most things while this has flaws throughout. I should say though the special effects were great, the cinematography was excellent, and a few parts were solid otherwise a hot webbed mess!

Come on my review is solid at least.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty enjoyable
13 February 2024
Been skeptical/meaning to watch and it's a great take on the epic John Wick lore. Best aspects is the thrilling action, fancy scenery, and is fairly well made! I don't know why this was a mini series but I love anything one man army like and charming like this. I would say Keanu is better at Wick otherwise not to bad, Collin Woodell is great too and probably gets a lot better! Continental seems to be missing something not sure what I still like it for what it is although I haven't felt well lately so that's a little bit of it. The music is genius plenty of excitement and great vibes I'm sensing; solid experience.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ted (2024)
Hits the spot
13 February 2024
I can't believe this is a mini series definitely could have more of John Bennett in his younger years. Seth Macfarlane is a genius he should be praised more if he's not already, he's created a lot of greatness in the last 25 years! The humor is so good, well written, and thoroughly entertaining in the bulk of it I love how it keeps me captivated. Anyone a fan of Ted 1, 2, and Family Guy would appreciate this gem the chemistry is phenomenal and it's so well made everything feels smooth I love Ted! I've had average sleep lately been meaning to watch regardless worth it no matter what the show deserves lots of praise.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The A-Team (2010)
"You need to call on an air strike on yourself"
10 February 2024
I love this movie quite a lot even when originally released I remember panicking about how bad I wanted to see in the theater it was a blessing when my sister Katy dropped me off at the theater and I've seen a fair amount since just wasn't reviewing yet. The A-Team is an under appreciated gem with a blast of great stylish action, amazing dialogue in the bulk of it and only a little bit of average bits a lot of it is lovable! Some of the best looking cast is always charm like seeing Bradley Cooper in his peak and other beings look great in their scenes, I love cinema sometimes it's so good A-Team isn't mentioned enough!
Pretty enjoyable
10 February 2024
Very under appreciated film! I enjoy once in awhile, Ben Stiller is wonderful in anything no matter how whacky! The most relatable aspect is the IBS scenes not enough mention of it out there. Jennifer Anniston was lovely although Phillip Seymour Hoffman was awesome in this even when he was dismissive I loved his character. The movie starts off with a wedding that was rushed into and Hank Azira gets involved, doesn't take long to kick the other romance in gear and all the business stuff was great I enjoy those scenes quite a bit; Along Came Polly is a sweet romance that is under-appreciated yet enjoyable whenever I get the chance to see 20 years later I'd still recommend!
Spy (2015)
Love this offbeat spy movie
7 February 2024
Spy, The Heat and Bridesmaids are Paul Feig's best films all 3 star Mellisa McCarthy which is a gem in anything! I originally saw in the theater with an ex girlfriend that was fun then and it's enjoyable anytime I watch on hbo. The humor is great, action is so smooth, sometimes ridiculous and thoroughly entertaining in the bulk of it. Jason Statham is masterful in his character and Jude Law was impressive I don't understand some of the stuff that occurs with him. Rose Byrne was pretty good as a villain definitely a first for her besides being a jerk in Bridesmaids which she nailed that and others were great Spy is a lot of fun!
Get Hard (2015)
I love this movie quite a bit!
7 February 2024
I originally saw in the theater that was fun and seen a few times on hbo not sure why I didn't review yet. I didn't get much sleep but I sill love the humor, the cast is great, awesome dialogue, and thoroughly entertaining! I sorta understand the hate a little choppy at times the bulk of it is enjoyable. Definitely one of the silliest aspects is how there's a lot of gay jokes even in the title although it is about getting tough for prison. Will Ferrel and Kevin Hart were great together strange some didn't like the duo the charisma is brilliant throughout. Crazy how this came out around 9 years ago always fun for me no matter how I feel.
Argylle (2024)
Well I loved it!
4 February 2024
Sure there's obvious flaws but it's so much fun especially in IMAX! Matthew Vaughn is a great director for Kingsman films, I absolutely love Kick-Ass, and he produced Snatch before directing anything which is gem. Bryce Dallas Howard and Sam Rockwell were so magnificent in this; I've been fan of Sam for a couple decades because of Charlie's Angels crazy he still has the same energy many years later. Not many might know Sam loves to dance in most his roles even in other events I love his energy so much! The action hit the spot, humor was great, music was brilliant although the writing/acting was a little off so I understand the ratings yet it's way better than most movies despite anything Argylle is awesome fun for anyone.
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Origin (2023)
Major snub for not being nominated for major awards!
4 February 2024
Everyone involved in Origin was phenomenal! This was excellent even as a white guy it was so well made with a unique style by Ava and the main actress was exceptional I'm blown away this isn't nominated for the Oscar's. A lot of it is bold and needed to told. Origin is a wonderful tearjerker about racism, Travon Martin incident, along with connections to other culture differences over the last century and loved ones. I like how there was a before and after with the director that was nice. I learned several things I probably wouldn't have without the film like I didn't realize slavery lasted 247 years that's crazyiness. Highly recommend for anyone glad the ratings went up recently well deserved.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty enjoyable, George Clooney is a great director!
4 February 2024
Callum Turner has become quite impressive since Green Room a great horror from (2015) he put so much talent into The Boys in the Boat I'm surprised this movie wasn't nominated! I haven't seen other directed films of George Clooney this makes me want to see his other movies although I do love him as an actor in many great roles. I don't know much about rowing boats besides what I saw in this which was incredible and must be a challenge. Such a great drama/romance everyone involved was pretty enjoyable, solid for any age maybe better for older folks cause younger ones get restless; I'm glad a older employee named Crystal at the theater I go to recommended this.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Founders Day (2023)
So much screaming and loud behavior!
25 January 2024
Despite the astronomical bad acting and ridiculous sound quality this movie is fairly enjoyable especially for the horror elements and satire feel! I understand the mixed vibes for Founders Day it's a little bonkers although not taken too seriously it's a fun entertaining slasher and I bet so much money it'd be better while on drugs. Unfortunate this has a 4.7 rating it deserves a little better sure it's got a fair amount of flaws but it's awesome in the genre of horror. Something annoying for me was obnoxious teenagers laughing and talking to much otherwise mediocre experience hate or love my thoughts I had fun.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Always on my mind is now one of favorite songs!
25 January 2024
How is this not nominated for Oscar's is a major snub! One of the sweetest films about a gay couple and haunting vibes mashed in so well. Andrew Haigh directed All of Us Strangers with great ambience, wholesome sensations, and charm; it's a shame it's not a more known movie from numerous people I've mentioned it too. I love how the first half is tranquil, the rest is somber it will hit you with plenty of feels. Andrew Scott and Paul Mascal seem down to earth I'm sure they are a delight to be around. So glad this has a 8.1 rating on IMDb that's very well deserved and I hope more find out about this lovely drama overtime.
59 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enriching cinema
25 January 2024
One of the smoothest written/directed films I've seen in years! Cord Jefferson and Jeffrey Wright poured so much talent into this comedy/drama genuinely deserves plenty of praise regardless of awards. I crave the well written films or movies they really hit the spot even better with over 8 hours sleep. I like how (Monk) goes from being a not know book writer to a best seller because of a bold cultural story without his name it works quite well and was often funny. American Fiction to me is better than most movies being nominated for awards for it's wisdom, boldness, and nourishing entertainment that anyone can enjoy!
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Migration (I) (2023)
Very satisfying family experience!
20 January 2024
I'm delighted I was able to see this a few hours ago, truly heartwarming and so well made! Not sure if this qualifies in the animated best feature in the Oscar's Migration very much deserves praise. A great adventure throughout, awesome humor, phenomenal soundtrack, and amazing design; I didn't expect others to praise so much but it is truly pleasant film! The voices were all great, one of my favorite bits is when the little bird begs saying please for at least a minute so adorable I almost put pleeeeeeease as my headline just didn't think it would do well and I absolutely love one of the ending songs I had to Shazam it.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mean Girls (2024)
The original is a 10 to me and this was just mediocre at best!
20 January 2024
I saw in RPX earlier today which was solid but didn't help much. I'm sure writing most the dialogue was easy since the bulk of it was the same as before with decent musical notes. I should note I hate musicals I just wanted to see this regardless, I'm blessed it was 2 bucks for my RPX ticket with my regal subscription. Positives I should say I still laughed a few times and enjoyed a fair amount; I usually praise nearly everything I watch in this case Mean Girls was a big disappointment! I must say I don't know what they were thinking creating a remake especially as a musical, the plastics weren't as admirable, the acting was worse, and amazing vibes that the 2004 version had just wasn't there in this one! One of the great aspects is 3 original cast members are in this, the rest of the cast was solid. Appreciate my thoughts or not I'm a guy with autism proud of it too.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tulsa King (2022– )
Better than I could've imagined
19 January 2024
Sylvester Stylone is a pure gem even at his age. This show is very enjoyable the crew behind Tulsa King deserves plenty of praise! I've seen a few by Tye Sheridan he's got incredible writing talent and Sylvester has been a legend since the 70's it's impressive he's talented many years later. I probably would've watched sooner if it wasn't a paramount exclusive I definitely would recommend to anyone a fan of crime dramas. The series is smooth, tough guy feel, thrilling, and very entertaining! The 8.0 rating is well deserved I'm glad this has been nominated and I'm sure gets better as everything flows through.
The Curse (2023– )
Happy to be in the minority that appreciates the series
17 January 2024
I enjoy the unsettling vibe to me it's all well made. I love the 3 leads, Nathan Felder is great from his other shows, Emma Stone is phenomenal and Benny Safdie has been making bangers in the last decade they all make it better despite the uncomfortable feel it's magnificent! The Curse is so my jam I should've watched sooner just been into other shows and often have sleep struggles. Great how the money curse is based off something that actually happened to Nathan, would've been an uneasy experience for anyone. I'm a kind of awkward I relate to it more than most cause I have autism life is very unique for me and unnerving!
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Beekeeper (2024)
Easy 10 for me - Even if I'm in the minority I highly recommend
11 January 2024
So glad I got to see an early screening in imax on 1-6-24 just couldn't review yet. Anyway such an enriching thrill ride to satisfy any action fan of badass one man army types kinda like John Wick with a different style to it! I've been a fan of Jason Statham for a couple decades now and this is one of his best. The writing is magnificent too Kurt Whimmer is perfect for in depth action extravaganza.

For an autistic person that's been scammed numerous times Beekeeper hit the spot; I absolutely loved the way everything played out. Well directed, crystal smooth writing, amazing story and top notch action; highly recommend I'll definitely want to own in 4K!
226 out of 410 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Night Swim (2024)
I saw in RPX which was solid
5 January 2024
I was hoping to enjoy more than I did but most of it was cheesy and poorly made. The best thing for me was I felt disturbed afterwards for about an hour which was wild for a PG-13 horror it kinda messed with my head which I love sometimes! I understand the 4.9 rating, didn't expect though cause wasn't that bad to me I mean some of it was ridiculous sure but come on it's an original concept so that's always good! I quite enjoyed the terror more than any other aspect sure there's plenty to hate I'm still happy to give a decent rating. I enjoy Kerry Condon and Wyatt Russell in anything although the acing is a mess in this, mediocre for what it is.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved this Rom-com
5 January 2024
This was a lot of fun throughout and funnier than expected! A little cheesy at times but so what this is an ultimate romance starter for the beginning of the year. Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney were so good together, some tried too hard the bulk is fantastic fun! I love the unwritten song so much I remember when that came out I was in high school barely heard it since I even sang along with it and I absolutely love the Titanic reference that was genius. I don't understand why more of the audience didn't have as much fun as the guy that was next to me we had a blast even though I didn't talk to him he seemed cool and laughed a lot. Highly recommend Anyone But You it's a blast!
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ferrari (2023)
Pretty good
5 January 2024
I imagine this will be part of the Oscar's some great performances although surprised wasn't involved in golden globe nominees. Micheal Mann has done much better movies in his prime, Ferrari was quite sluggish! The acting with Penelope and Adam was incredible throughout that's for sure. I think it's magnificent how Patrick Dempsey was in Thanksgiving and bleached his hair for this role. A great drama about cars, racing, family, and some sadness mashed fairly well. Despite anything some great cinema that Micheal has wanted to be made for 30 years which is admirable; love it or hate it it's worth a watch.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.