1,213 Reviews
A long waiting for a weak feature The Lone Ranger deserves more !!!
25 August 2019
Since my early childhood I used to read the Lone Ranger as comic books that here in Brazil was wrong rename as "Zorro" (Oh my God) it's had a massive fans, which l had my own collection, the for DVD's advent many movies arose on rental video stores, the bought all them, Clayton More and Jay Silverheels, first the full-length films and late come out the series, when I'd hear a hearsay that Johnny Depp was considering to make The Lone Ranger this thrilled me, but strangely chosen make Tonto instead the main character, l thought it could be great too, whatever, the movie was release, bad reviewers came from the critics, I was hopeful get my Blu-ray copy that never reach on sales, just on DVD only, disappointed I has to take a DVD copy, receiving the packet by mail I went straight on Lone Ranger, pretty well screenplay, smart storyline with humor oriented, but the overdone on action scenes, Silver the white horse walking on train's roof decimated the picture itself, attached with others terrible mistakes, it's explain no Blu-ray was offered afraid a failure on sales!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD / Rating: 7
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
By far the most comprehensive over Bermuda Triangle until now !!!
25 August 2019
At last a feature-length film documentary concerning Bermuda Triangle, all facts were dramatized in smallest details by the producers, the Cyclops where strange events took place as the weird behavior of the Captain, the famous case at cemetery where the leaden coffin had moved inside the sepulture, minus a wooden coffin, has a magnet field that explain such mystery, the famous Flight 19 that disappears without a single trace, hosted by an expert and historical writer as Peter Tompkins who introduces all episodes, a reliable studious indeed, he had collected a vast of info from several range of sources, eye-witness, files from US's air force, files from nearby countries, also brings new events that occurs on recent years, one the most odd is about from a radio broadcasting around 1975 where the radio announcer received by phone an strange message from a unknown voice, explained that all missing people were safe hold on time dimension and this spot was a unique channel to connect to Earth, a sort of a parallel world , this recording was sent to an expert that confirm his veracity, seeing just a low ratings at 5.3, I'm very sad and try out figure out such mismatch which I'd realized that might it was made at distant past and already forgotten due it didn't has these special effects nowadays!!

First watch: 2007 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD-R / Rating: 7.5
Alligator (1980)
I love Alligator a Trash movie that slowly became Cult !!!
25 August 2019
Remembering the first time in 1987 of Alligator will be aired at famous season on TV, how I always like this kind, I watched, my first impressions weren't good, the plot is quite insane, a B-casting is barely noticed, the monster itself is really bizarre, overall speaking it's a trash, but, however, nevertheless and therefore it will slowing becoming into a Cult, why? Perhaps is a different one, the script if us forget the insanity is fresh, interesting, the casting apart a low grade has a perfect chemistry to hold the audience, the music score was rip off from Jaws, but who care, there's enough action, villains, crooks, weird characters, typical of the late 70' and early 80' and of course the giant eager Alligator, today we all knew and connected Robert Forster as the hunter in this picture, it is trash, camp, cheesy and how many adjectives that will come, whatever, this picture survives, had a sequel, one my guilty pleasure!!!

First watch: 1987 / How many: 3 / Source: TV-DVD / Rating: 6.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Bermuda Triangle is a gate to another dimension ????
25 August 2019
Since my teenage year I was wrapped by this mystery which my teacher talked about, many documentaries concerning in this matter aired on TV, newspaper and magazines, so I've really love this subject, sadly this one is too short , over the main facts as "Flight 19", "Cyclops" called the Holy Grail's Bermuda Triangle among others events, however this has an additional info supplied by graphic computer they drained the ocean in whole area, with this ultimate tools we can see clearly the Gulf stream leaving in the bottom of sea a riverbed, also a deep wide gap between two tectonic plates, the north American crashing into south American and in the end a most relevant of all them, the vortex, which a small airplane nearby Andros at Bahamas was involved by a heavy cloud then sudden appears "the Vortex" and after few seconds flying inside it, simply the aircraft jump straight to Miami his final destiny miles away in just 4 minutes, there's no doubt that the Triangle has some kind of the gate to another dimension, many theoretical physicians and experts in this field has been studying this new phenomenon, as I said before too short to explain this amazing subject!!!

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Multiple existences on new Heaven!!!
23 August 2019
Albert Brooks was a promising comedy actor on late 80' and early 90' with many sophisticated comedies as "Relax" for instance, this picture he wrote and directed, he had the fully control of this production, after the release time he got rave reviews, but the ensuing works wasn't successful, now revisiting this above average novelty and making a counterpoint with like-minded previous offerings, this actually has a new approach, the multiple existences, it's more strengthened and plausible, guided by acid black humor, lost his early impact, some jokes are fully outdated, Meryl Streep was a bit awkward to the role, in other hand Rip Torn was incredible effective as Lee Grant as well, still works!!!

First watch: 1997 / How many: 5 / Source: TV-DVD / Rating: 7.25
Dead Heat (2002)
What's worst could be happen side by side with LaPaglia???
23 August 2019
Naïve story of a retired policemen (Kiefer) after heart conditions, his world collapses including his marriage, smoking and drinking going fast into a self-destruction, almost perpetrate a suicide, then appears his unmatched friend (LaPaglia), a sort of a liar, scoundrel among others nameless "qualities " to buy a horse for a true bargain, they call a top-notch jockey to joint as partner, that's the problem, this guy is a compulsive jinx gambler, who owe 80.000 bucks to the mob, fine premise indeed, however the movie starts in slow pace, perhaps the best thing that the picture offers is LaPaglia's funniest performance, well developed sense of humor, the remaining was spoils by the awful Hollywood's formula a packet of romance, altruism and the happy ending, let it see easily, nevertheless nothing fresh at sight!!! Mainly by more demanding custumers!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD / Rating: 6.25
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Tudors: His Majesty's Pleasure (2008)
Season 2, Episode 5
Heads are going to fall!!!
22 August 2019
Sadly I'd start to watch it on second season, how all those dramatic happenings over Anne Boleyn always thrilled me due by historical interest, I'd began to follow this fine series, in this episode the Sir Thomas Cromwell makes the last attempt to get the oaths from the Sir Thomas More and jointly with Cardinal Fisher, also offers to King Henry VIII a middle course at leat, fully reject by the unwavering King, all or nothing, who actually has afraid to set a dangerous precedent, that later could be costly, meanwhile Anne Boleyn fail on another pregnancy, The King Henry revenge at their humble citizen's wife, taking her at any moment, at last at public square Sir Thomas More and Cardinal Fisher faces their destiny at executioner's axe!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: Blu-Ray / Rating: 8.5
Mr. Majestyk (1974)
Beware don't bother with wrong guy, especially Bronson!!!
22 August 2019
Apart it wasn't an realistic picture, however to meet demands as Bronson vehicle to each his purposes, everything starts on a naive way, a simple farmer Mr. Majestyk (Bronson) just wants pick up their melons's crop, faces a young jerk stuck-up who wants impose those white lazy labors instead the Mexicans workers, the beating is unavoidable, in jail the meets a dangerous Hitman Frank Renda (Lettieri), when the police moves the inmates to a prison had a fail attempt to rescue Renda, Bronson escape with him, unfriendly fight between them didn't end so well to the crook, a lot money is offer to Majestyk to lose him, 25.000 bucks, Majestyk try out make a deal with the police to delivery Renda in exchange his freedom, promptly refused, Renda escapes and swear kill the watermelon picker, great picture to Bronson who was paved a solid career as tough guy, a sort of lone wolf, cold and quiet one, sadly Linda Cristal hadn't the opportunity to show his beauty attributes properly in some hot scenes!!!

First watch: 1987 / How many: 3 / Source: TV-DVD / Rating: 7.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trapped 28 years underneath of a Volcanic Island!!!
21 August 2019
So far one the best episode, during the near the end of the WWII a US submarine Tetra disappears over a massive bombing at south pacific area, a bottle with a message has been found nearby in 1973, five of them still alive after 28 years, Admiral Nelson and his crew was quickly required to making a search, after others attempts has been failed, the Seaview draw near of the island and the Flying Sub surround the area, the survives are in the cave underneath of the volcano, apart four Tetra's crew has a proud official Japanese rescue before the Tetra had sunk, has others sub-plot as well, how Irwin Allen's show always did, the volcano break out, fabulous and enjoyable episode!!!

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The definitive version of The Hounds of the Baskerville ever!!!
21 August 2019
After had watched another version of Baskerville it without doubt is the best, Hammer made a classy and definitive version, sumptuous, well developed script, fine casting, smart lines moreover blended with British humor, Sherlock Holmes is called to investigate and protect the last one of a cursed rich family, the Baskerville, which all began when an ancestral pursuit a young lady near the moor, he died by heart attack when he faces terrible hound, the cursed will eliminate each generation, until reach at last one, based on fabulous Arthur Conan Doyle's tale, Cushing as Sherlock and Lee as the last of the Baskerville, on a haunting atmosphere, at lavish sets, on the moor, the old mine and on the ruins nearby, mystery has to be reveal, plenty colorful characters all around as the unmatched Dr. Watson (André Morell), the fine Doctor Mortimer (Frank e Wolff), the funny Bishop a wine guzzler (Miles Malleson) and finally the beauty Cecile played by Marla Landi, anyway the best version ever!!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD / Rating: 8.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Three graves on the Comanche desert, a solid B-Western!!!
20 August 2019
What a picture!!! A low budget that apart Dan Duryea were almost totally made by unknown actors, the premise are really interesting, nearly shot on location with a breathtaking landscape on the desert and rocky hillsides, the plot has many holes indeed, however it was slowly mitigated on the movie, a one million gold has been transported by a convoy in charge a unit of the Union Army thru the Comanche desert, it was attacked by the Confederates at threshold of the end the civil war, the gold simply disappears without a trace, just one had survived, a confederate soldier Barlow, the Captain Matt Martin (Fuller) has a hard assignment to find out the gold with a help of a killer Joe Barlow (Dan Duryea) in exchange a pardon of the his previous crime, then enter at scene a beauty women, Memphis (Jocelyn Lane) joint on the group, in the casting has many attractive actors as Claude Akins, Linden Chiles and Noah Beery Jr., also a versatile director Earl Bellamy, even a Duryea making an overacted acting on a disgusting scoundrel, this B-movie is solid and fully enjoyable!!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD-R / Rating: 7.25
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silly parody supported by sexual appealing!!!
20 August 2019
Definitely worst isn't a properly term for this picture, sounds better bad only, driven to younger audiences it's works due allowed tons of gorgeous girls, the sexual appealing blind the human being certainly it was a sort of eye-catching, that improves a lot the whole mess, the main characters are really stupid, Eric Roberts is an outdated actor, the special effects are too primitive, the plot is pure nonsense, those endless references as MIB, Titanic, Castaway, Jaws just named a few provide some unfunny offerings, and worst of all the introduce of the Michael Jackson., oh my God sparre me, somehow it didn't bother me, easy to watch, easy to forget, l've been watching worst things lately!!

First watch: 2011 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD / Rating: 3.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mae West the Goddess Aphodite of the thirties !!!
20 August 2019
Despite I wasn't from those golden era, in fact my background starts on the seventies, as a die hard cinephile when I'd hear about the fabulous Mae West I have to confess that l've stayed really impressed when l realize such greatness, what a woman!!! Then I began to study his career, she was the first Goddess on the thirties, bolded and sexy impregnating on collective imaginary of the men, in this movie she around 44 years, she running away from Frisco in a cargo ship of the rough Captain Bull Brackett (Victor Maclaglen), along the way she meets with a Christian Sister Annie Alden who intent to help a church at Nome, sadly she dies before, Rose (West) having wanted by the police changes places with Annie, at the ground she has to play an opposite character henceforth, well-craft plot, a perfect vehicle to Mae West, after her came up, several Goddess, nevertheless Jean Harlow and Marilyn Monroe stay closest as sexy symbols, my wife always wonder why l love all them so much, I guess she is jealous!!!

First watch: 2011 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD / Rating: 7.25
The Blue Bird (1976)
A journey to fantasy world of the Maeterlinck!!!
19 August 2019
The mankind has been took at madness in a pressure world, everlasting work, tons of bills to pay, sadness and all sort of the misfortunes, then as escapism we quite often delve into fantasy, The Blue Bird was a fabulous fairy tale, taking two children in a travel to searching the Blue bird, they walking for many places through the time, meeting all kind of the characters, good and evil, even their grandparents already dead, Miss Taylor, Jane Fonda and Ava Gardner, and many more, each single scene has a specific meaningful, letting us to unknown wonder world, a special journey to forget our aches and pains, a joint venture USA-URSS co-production, where marvelous Soviet actors made it a pleasant picture, so easy to watch, based on Maurice Maeterlinck novel, a must to see!!!

First watch: 2011 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD / Rating: 7.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deadwood: A Constant Throb (2006)
Season 3, Episode 10
Socrates and Alcibiades reference!!!
19 August 2019
Sadly Deadwood was getting to the end, I having fun on those Shakespearian conversation, the main fact of this episode concerns around a shooting straight to Mrs. Alma on the street from a unknown, afterwards Hearst has a slight quarrel with Hugo when suddenly introduces on the talking he as Alcibiades and Hearst as Socrates, Hearst refuses it at once, what a scene!!! Later Hearst send a message thru Con Stapleton to Al Swearengen, who are waiting on front street, the meeting didn't ending so friendly as they expect, Al beats and kicks him to get some valuable info over upcoming arrival date more than 25 Pinkerton's agents and gunfighters at camp, the remaining times are scattered in shorts sequences on others regulars sub-plots!!!

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Taken: Jacob and Jesse (2002)
Season 1, Episode 2
.......And were born two half-breed human Aliens!!!
18 August 2019
In this second episode of Taken, they jumping to 1958, eleven years ahead of the happenings at Roswell, two special children were born, actually half-breed, from aliens male and earth female, Jacob and Jesse has some kind of mind power, meanwhile at somewhere Col. Owen was in trouble with their engineers crew, they works on alien's Spacecraft for around ten years however without any tangible results, a German engineer in charge of the project advises to bring to the complex some people with psychic minds, both women died trying operate the spacecraft, Col. Owen finds one of those children, takes the child with mother's agreement, nevertheless the boy realizes in intention and uses his powerful mind to get rid and go back to home, 90 minutes running it seems a feature-length film instead an usual series, this turn Spielberg made a fine job as executive producer!!!
Dead Squad on action !!!
18 August 2019
I really love those Poliziotteschi pictures from Italy, it's has an incredible sense of realism, a veteran Police Commissioner Bertone played by the great Enrico Maria Salerno has been pushed by press, society and several groups against policemen violence, meanwhile many assassins, drugs dealers, crooks are free for their smart defence lawyers, also by the prosecutor (Mario Adorf) that pressure him to best treatment of those human beings , so quickly enter the Dead Squad commanded by ex-cops and judges, a closed club, a crime picture who dared to touch in a true sensitive point, so rarely even in this specific genre, a criticism or a farce, actually this fact had occurred on the mostly major cities around the globe and still on action, except where the law has a fully control, valuable offering by Italian Poliziottesque's era!!!

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kolchak: The Night Stalker: Chopper (1975)
Season 1, Episode 15
Chopper and the legendary "French's Reign of Terror"!!!
18 August 2019
Carl Kolchak this time faces a headless motorcycle who are decapitating some former members of an old gang at the fifties, Carl wisely connect these current happenings with France's revolution, where there's a legend that the corpses and their heads were buried on separate places, thus they go back to fix it, having in mind this conclusion Kolchak has to restore what happened in 1956 and bring together the body and the head to bury properly, the clumsy and haunted hero has a nerve to put this plan in action, also the episode has some special guest as Linville from the Mash, Jim Backus and Sharon Farrell, Chopper is amusing in every frame!!!

Alucarda (1977)
Disturbing anomaly of the evil, heretic and profane attacking the catholicism!!!
18 August 2019
The Mexican director Moctezuma made a splendid picture, heretic and profane, although in hard way, disturbing most of time, show us a dark vision of the Satanism, blending some elements as nudity, lesbianism in a catholic ground, nuns on a unusual clothes like mummies, Alucarda was sent to an Christian's female orphanage, raised under church's precepts she awakes at teenage years and becomes into an anomaly of the evil, gore oriented having on fire to debuggeing, this picture certainly influenced many filmmakers, unusual however has a considerable sacrilegious attacking the church without mercy, wasn't pleasant at first sight, heavy subject to put even in an independent movie, even so we shall see this priceless piece of this still unknown Mexican production!!!

Senso (1954)
Unrequited love among ruins of war!!!
18 August 2019
An Classy picture made by Visconti, on a occupied Italy by Austrian's army, the revolution is about to came, on this environment a Countess Livia Serpiere (Alida Valli) falling in love for a young Austrian Lieutenant Franz Mahler (Granger), initially both keep a secret meetings, the war explodes and she was sent to a family's farmer in countryside, suddenly he appears asking for money to bribe a doctor to declare him inapt to fight, actually the Austrian's officer is a crook, trying to handle the desperate woman in love, later she met him living with a younger girl at the his fancy house, drunk and throwing in her face how she was so foolish to believing in such love, humiliated and bruised so deeply she decides put a final point in this sad facts which disgraced her life, having the Italian revolution as backdrop, many corpses along the way, all this on ruins everywhere, a real tragic picture, Alida Valli has an astonishing action, Farley Granger not quite!!!

First watch: 2012 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD / Rating: 8.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Taken: Jacob and Jesse (2002)
Season 1, Episode 2
Were born two half-breed human Aliens!!!
17 August 2019
In this second episode of Taken, they jumping to 1958, eleven years ahead of the happenings at Roswell, two special children were born, actually half-breed, from aliens male and earth female, Jacob and Jesse has some kind of mind power, meanwhile at Hangar 18 Col. Owen was in trouble with their engineers crew, they works on alien's Spacecraft for around ten years however without any tangible results, a German engineer in charge of the project advises to bring to the complex some people with psychic minds, both women died trying operate the spacecraft, Col. Owen finds one of those children, takes the child with mother's agreement, nevertheless the boy realizes in intention and uses his powerful mind to get rid and go back to home, 90 minutes running it seems a feature-length film instead an usual series, this turn Spielberg made a fine job as executive producer!!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD / Rating: 8
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lost World: Tapestry (2002)
Season 3, Episode 19
Reminiscences from five years before at London !!!
16 August 2019
One of the most intriguing and complex episode ever done on Lost World series, Challenger finds a wrecks of a plane, realize that someone has survived, he is there, the pilot the Lieutenant Drummond, his duty is keep a valuable cargo of an important metal called Iridium safe until the rescue comes, a long five years waiting for someone, they take a damage radio, hoping fix it to be able to send a message for a probable rescue, they driven to the Tree's house where has instruments, tools and electricity to fix the radio, there the anxious and already crazy soldier push on Challenger under a gun point, in fact Roxton, Marguerite and Challenger were in London five years ago and all them were involved with this intricate case on early WW1, a fine episode, at last something fresh!!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD-R / Rating: 6.5
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pompeii: The Last Day (2003 TV Movie)
My Masterpiece number 108 !!!
15 August 2019
By far this was the best documentary that l ever saw, Pompeii always invoked my attention since my school days, the unsurprised BBC made a masterpiece blending dramatization with scenes shot at Pompeii rediscovered, each single building on every corner were introduced on a smart narrative, all this was supplied by an priceless gift from the eyewitness called Plinius the younger who wrote all happenings on that day in a book on smallest details, which nobody took it seriously due the newest and weird info on unprecedented scale over the facts, also the Vesuvius and their pumice stone that buried the city, miraculously preserves all remaining buildings, paintings, graffiti art, which allowed to archeologists a best understanding over the Roman Empire, due all others surviving cities already change the whole ancient complex, extremely and highly recommended for those who really want to learn more over the most powerful empire on Earth ever had !!

First watch: 2010 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD / Rating: 10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dorothy is back, however a jealous Grandpa brights!!!
15 August 2019
A minor movie for Garland/Dorothy, living at Ireland she decides to marry with Jerry Kelly (George Murphy) against the will of his jealous father, they came to America bringing in tow the odd father, there she sadly died at first pregnancy, his daughter survives and grow up, Dorothy plays a double role, Dorothy didn't get in same level of the splendor, the picture caught by an ultra nationalism that sounds shallow, they describe America as a perfect world, like a paradise, pure propaganda, who gave a survival time to the movie certainly was Charles Winninger who steal the show and became the movie more palatable to us, for grandpa performance I'm willing to increase my grade that was 6.5 to 7, thanks Charles you are the body and soul of this average musical!!!

First watch: 2019 / How many: 1 / Source: DVD / Rating: 7
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Italian operation to rescue of a frozen giant Yeti !!!
14 August 2019
I'd read somewhere that seventies was the lost decade to film industry, who wrote it wasn't necessarily wrong, making a simple research we can see it, nevertheless for a die hard cinephiles, it doesn't matter at all, including myself, those trash pictures from this period of time fits perfect with ours tastes, meanwhile a weak Italian production a kind King King's cute, where a giant frozen Yeti is found on a melting glacier, comes to life by electric discharge (my God!!), a true friendly monster is taking to serve as freak spectacle on a stadium to promote sales to a powerful enterprise, the results all us already known by previous picture, not quite.... this one has a slight variance, beware for a unexpected surprise !!!

First watch: 2014 / How many: 2 / Source: DVD-R / Rating: 5