Sound of Freedom (2023)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|Rated PG-13 for thematic content involving sex trafficking, violence, language, sexual references, some drug references and smoking throughout
Sex & Nudity
- A leader of a group grabs an underage girl, puts her on a bed. Then he unbuckles his pants but he gets interrupted and nothing else happens.
- A woman photographs young boys and girls and instructs them how to pose provocatively; she puts lipstick on a young girl and undoes a button on another young girl's blouse. A woman wears low-cut, tight-fitting dresses that reveal cleavage in several scenes. A woman wears a low-cut top that reveals cleavage, part of her upper abdomen and legs to the upper thighs.
- A man shows another man a photo of a very young boy and says that he will have him for the entire weekend (implying for sex).
- There are a few scenes that takes places in seedy areas including strip clubs. However, no nudity is shown, nor provocative dancing. Some women wear revealing clothing, but it is rather tame compared to its contemporaries.
- A medical professional who has examined a young boy, tells a character that he has lacerations consistent with recent sexual abuse.
- A man approaches a young girl sitting on a bed and closes the curtains implying he is going to have sex with her.
Violence & Gore
- Two uses of "shit." Three uses of "ass" and its derivatives. One use of "damn."
- Two uses of 'shit.' One 'damn,' two uses of 'hell,' and four uses of "ass" (Some in Spanish but with subtitles.).
- 1 misuse of God's name.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Guy is shown smoking a cigar throughout the film.
- There is frequent display of bottles of alcohol and one of the main characters is drinking alcohol from a glass in almost every scene he is in.
- A gang is shown packaging cocaine at a base.
- There is frequent use of smoking and alcohol consumption, but most of it is associated with shady characters. One of the protagonists, a former cartel-member, is seen smoking throughout. During some scenes more of the protagonists drink alcohol in order to allure the antagonists into their trap.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Opening credits show actual footage of kids being kidnapped.
- This movie explores the world of child sex trafficking in depth from the kidnapping, initial exploitation, to the horrors they face.
- While handled with as much care and as non-graphic as possible, the scenes of child trafficking are nonetheless very distressing.
- This film may be triggering for viewers who have survived kidnapping or sexual assault as a minor.
- The end credits have some unsettling statistics about child sex abuse and trafficking.
- As part of his job, a vice cop watches a video of child abuse to obtain evidence for prosecution. Before anything unpleasant is shown, the camera cuts away to the cop's face ; so although what happens to the child is left to the audience's imagination, his tears and expression indicate that it is very upsetting.
- Several characters are shown to be excited by the prospect of abusing children.
Violence & Gore
- No gore, but violence. No one gets shot, but shots are fired. One bad guy dies by being beaten, not graphic. Photo of someone laying in blood is shown for a split moment.
- In one scene, two men get into a verbal argument about a child. One of the men's bodyguards pulls out a gun and holds it to the other man's head threatening to shoot him.