Rock, Paper, Scissors (2017) Poster

Laughable crap
ferdmalenfant24 July 2019
This so called horror movie is nothing but a couple of expired Hollywood actors who were thrown a few bucks to speak some of the most laughable dialogue I've ever heard. Poor Mike Madsen ... a very long fall from "Reservoir Dogs". This movie was really painful to watch, and the plot is just plain sad. Don't waste your time on this one.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a Twist
dgosset-828-80708524 July 2019
Was great for being on the shelve for two years Cant wait for part two very good cast and blood I really loved it.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Michael Madsen becomes ur boyfriend, best friend, roomate, father, and ur local sheriff all at once
TuesdayThe17th28 July 2019
Awesome lower budget indie horror film with great picture and sound brought to you by one of indie horror's classic greats, Tom Holland. Fast paced and innovative, filled with ideas and although its an over told story, there's plenty of creativity here because honestly an idea could be done to death but each director brings thier own flavor and spice so it makes each film unique. Rock, paper, scissors is complex, fun, twisty, and quite creepy. The acting is good and it's quite a bang for Holland who proves that after all these years he's still got it. Much better than one might think at first glance. The imdb rating of 4.6 is one of the few ratings on this site I actually disagree with. It should be rated somewhere between like 5.2 and 5.5
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The story was kinda sickening...
motionlessknight10 August 2019
I didn't much care for this one... As a matter of fact, I think I could have really lived without seeing it. Basically, it's about a depraved dude who kidnaps girls in their teens that he finds attractive, molests and tortures them, and ultimately kills them so that they can't rat him out. Though it doesn't go into too graphic of detail with what he does with them, you get the idea, and it leaves a lot more to the imagination than I really care for mine to have. Though the acting is halfway decent and the filming is that of a higher budget movie, it doesn't redeem it from the fact that it's just disgusting in principal. I love horror, but when you start throwing stuff like rape, molestation, or sexual assault into the mix, it takes it down a path I really don't like to see a movie of any genre follow. So at the end of the day, if you're sensitive and easily disturbed by that type of material, I don't recommend watching this.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad,as people say!
tchitouniaram11 August 2019
Not as bad,as people say! It is a nice little psychological thriller,kept my interst to the end,gory and a bit twisted,not bad at all! Revues now just stupid...Or 1 or 10...Please,people,be realistic a bit!!!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just another bad horror/comedy movie.
psxexperten5 August 2019
It is a disaster, very bad acting, very bad camera scenes,very bad movie effects, very bad everything. The voters are probably their friends and neighbors, because u can´t vote more than 2 if u are person with the normal taste for movies.
So bad it's good
toolhater4 August 2019
A master class on bad film making. I'm wondering if it's bad acting, dialogue, directing, editing, or all of the above. But I still liked it. If you're thinking about making movies, this will be like scared straight.
Fun little ride.
sjwilde-5057826 July 2019
Managed to catch this on the film festival circuit. It's an enjoyable experience with some good imagery. The story kept me guessing until the end. Nothing that will make you have to think too deep, but fun to follow the madness.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wasn't a fan of the theme...
motionlessknight9 August 2019
Yeah, I can't say I cared much for this one... Basically, its about a demented dude that kidnaps. It doesn't go into too great of detail with it and a lot is left to imagination, but I just found it kind of sick. The acting wasn't horrible and the film quality was that of a higher budget film. It just didn't appeal to me... In case you're interested in watching this twisted movie, I won't give away any spoilers other than the tidbit I started off with to explain what you're getting yourself into. I feel like I'm being generous with 3 stars. I could have lived without watching this one...
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did I mention already that I found this to be a dreadful movie? Well, it is.
peterp-450-29871610 September 2019
I just wanna look and fiddle a little bit. Fiddle and touch.

Every year there's such a film of which you say "Man, this is probably the worst film I've seen this year!". For me, it's the movie "Rock, Paper, Scissors" that takes all the glory. With Tom Holland as director (who nevertheless brought some great films such as "Fright Night" and "Child's Play") and screenwriter Victor "Friday the 13th" Miller on board, you expect a horror of a considerable level. Take some good advice from me. Don't start watching it with too high expectations, because you'll be disappointed. Not only is the story fairly unoriginal. The acting generally sucks. And it's never really exciting or scary. Even the slasher elements are extremely boring.

But the most important thing is the part of the serial killer. Think of Hannibal Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs" or Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho". These guys were real serial killers who made an impression. From the beginning, you had that feeling that these crazy persons were sadistic, morbid individuals. Peter "The Doll Maker" Harris (Luke Macfarlane) shows bouts of madness and pure evilness. But in general, he just looks like a pathetic person who reminded me more of "Pee-Wee Herman". It was only during the scarce moments while he relived his traumatic childhood, which he spent with Uncle Charles (John Dugan), that Macfarlane acted convincingly. The fear and torment that took hold of him while remembering the abuse, was shown in a masterful way. But for the rest, it was just a sad performance.

The most annoying characters, however, were reserved for Michael Madsen and Jennifer Titus. What's an actor like Madsen doing in this pulp film anyway? It was a mystery to me. Seeing him at work in Tarantino's films "The Hateful Eight", "Reservoir Dogs" and "Kill Bill", assumes that this actor will get better offers. With a face that has character and that raw voice. As Detective Dechert he seemed to play on autopilot. The character Ashley, played by Jennifer Titus, is even less credible. Her motive is understandable but the way she approaches it is so amateurish and clumsy. Anyway, when I saw her awkward and stiff Karate movements at the denouement, I wondered how the hell she got that black belt. Sadly enough, the rest of the cast was also of a low level.

But the most annoying thing was the predictable story. First, the release of Peter Harris. Who the hell releases a serial killer after a few years? An insane person who killed 13 teenage girls and blames an imaginary twin brother. So, after a few years of shock therapy and meaningful conversations with psychologist Dr. Bauer (Tatum O'Neal), the latter comes to the conclusion that Peter is freed from his inner demons and is ready to function as a normal person in society. Someone like Dr. Bauer would be taken away in a straitjacket immediately nowadays. A few hours in the parental home and a glance at the cheery buttocks of a cheerleader (who, in all innocence, bends over, in such a way that he could admire her minuscule panty with fringes) is enough for our cured and reformed maniac to run back into his basement to restart his ceased activities. Complete nuts.

All in all, a dreadful movie. Annoying acting. A ridiculous, clichéd story. And even the gory and bloody parts made no impression. You have to be a huge fan of Tom Holland to see this as a successful horror. I hope there won't be a sequel somewhere in the near future. Because I'm certain it'll be more of the same. Perhaps Tic-Tac-Toe will be used as the morbid game. May the God of feature films spare me!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How stupid was thy movie. Let me count the ways
ezra-521723 August 2019
This movie was so bad on so many levels. First, since when do serial killers get released from jail after being cured? If Jeffrey Dahlmer was released, you better believe he would have killed again. Second, it was a really bad idea for the killer to return to the house where he killed people. Talk about triggers! That would have been like Jeffrey Dahlmer being able to return to his apartment where he drugged, killed, and ate dudes. The whole foundation and premise the plot is predicated on is not plausible. To the makers of this film: Stop making movies! If you must continue to make movies, come up with better plots. Serial killers don't get released back into society to kill again!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.