Baby Driver (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and language throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- There is a joke about two characters having sex without a condom.
- Some kissing and one joke about roleplaying in the bedroom.
Violence & Gore
- There are lots of prolonged car chases that get intense.
- One character is something of a loose cannon and violence usually occurs around him.
- During a five minute action sequence, a man crashes his car several times, and has more amounts of blood on his face every time he crashes, he then has blood all over his hands and face.
- Frenetic and extended violence throughout the film. However, the camera never lingers therefore a lot of the scenes are not gory.
- A character opens up his car trunk to reveal a dead body. Not too gory, a blood stain on his shirt.
- A character runs over another character and then runs over his body again a few moments later (Not visible)
- A man drives forwards very fast and a man in the passenger seat gets impaled by a lamppost. The impaling itself is out of focus. This is by far the most graphic scene in the movie. There is a bit of blood spurting on the window, windshield, and the rest of the characters have blood on them for the rest of the movie.
- A man's car is set on fire. He survives but later he is shot in the leg with blood spray and he falls to his death.
- A woman is shot by police officers several times. The bullet holes aren't seen, but when she falls to the ground, some blood pools.
- A shootout happens where four people go against around 15. All 15 get shot with blood spurts, but this happens very quickly and the camera never lingers on any specific wound until the ending where the camera shows all of the dead bodies on the ground afterwards. A man inside a car is shot up by automatic weapons, the car then gets blown up by a grenade, with the man inside.
- During the ending 30 minutes, a couple police officers get shot without blood spray, and a man gets shot in the shoulder.
- A man goes against four people with a shotgun. He managed to shoot three of them with no blood spray, before getting shot. The man then shoots the man who shot him in the head multiple times. The man then gets hit by a car which kills him; then gets run over multiple times more (Again, not visible)
- 66 uses of "fuck", 19 uses of "shit", 3 uses of "Jesus", 3 uses of "Christ", 5 uses of "bitch", 21 uses of "ass", 10 uses of "hell", 15 uses of "damn", and 1 use of "pussy."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One instance of electronic cigarette smoking
- No onscreen drug use, but two references to "nasal problems" (cocaine habits) and a sequence where several characters accuse one another of drug addiction.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Tame for an R-rated action/crime thriller.
- Some intense sequences of gun violence. Fairly realistic and can be a bit graphic at a couple scenes.
- Depiction of criminal behavior in heists and bank robbery scenes and high speed chase from law enforcement. This is however not glorified as the main character is stuck in this life beacuse of a debt and later is against the other criminals.
- A character continuously flashes back to a car crash involving his loved ones and is visibly distressed by it multiple times.