Run All Night (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, language including sexual references, and some drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- A man crudely states he's looking for legs "preferably spread."
- A man kisses his wife twice at home.
- A man insults another man's wife with a crude joke.
- A man dressed as Santa Claus who is clearly intoxicated, with a little girl on one knee, asks her mother to sit on the other knee and says, "I'm skinny, but long"; the woman takes her daughter and walks away.
- A man tells a friend that he is looking for a blonde-haired woman with large breasts (using crude terms).
- A man says a crude joke about someone performing a sex act upon a woman's breasts in order to make them larger saying, "It worked on your ass."
- The cover of a sexy magazine is seen briefly.
Violence & Gore
- Price shoots two cops in a stairwell.
- Price stabs a cop in the neck with a knife, and blood spurts.
- In the burning apartment, Price shoots two cops that come in a room, and Jimmy and his son try to escape. Price shoots Jimmy in the shoulder, causing him to fall a little ways into the street below, but he's mostly unhurt.
- Mike attacks and disarms Danny inside Danny's home, and then gets into a fight with his friend. Danny then chases Mike through the neighborhood, shooting at him several times.
- Jimmy walks into a pub and a violent shootout occurs, in which Jimmy brutally shoots and kills every enforcer inside. Blood spurts are seen.
- Jimmy is shot in the shoulder through a cabin window.
- A lengthy car chase occurs, and Jimmy chases two corrupt cops, and both cars smash into each other and other objects. The cop car finally flips and crashes into a store window.
- Jimmy throat-punches a man.
- One man stabs another man multiple times in the back. This is extremely bloody and disturbing.
- During a supposed "drug deal", a brief shootout erupts in a house, and several people are shot at close range including at least one graphic fore-head shot. One of the two men who shot the drug dealers follows the last wounded dealer outside, and shoots him in the head. Seen from a distance.
- One man is shot in the neck (offscreen) and dies choking on his own blood. This scene is graphic and disturbing.
- Two men engage in a brutal fist fight in a burning apartment building. One man holds another man's face against a burning surface. The man's face comes away severely burned and bloody. The two punch and kick each other repeatedly, and they both hit each other with flaming boards.
- A corrupt cop tries to shoot Mike, and Jimmy shoots and kills him.
- Two men get into a lengthy and brutal fist fight in a subway terminal. One of the men attacks the other, and the two crash into the men's bathroom, where the bulk of the fight takes place. Both continuously punch and kick each other, and slam each other into walls, and it ends when one of them strangles another with toilet paper.
- 34 uses of 'f**k', 25 uses of 'shit', 7 uses of 'ass' (3 used as 'asshole'), 5 uses of 'Goddamn', 6 uses of 'hell', 6 uses of "Jesus Christ", Jesus", and "Christ" collectively as an exclamation, 3 uses of 'bastard', 2 uses of 'dickhead', 2 uses of "oh my God", and 3 uses of 'tit'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are several scenes in which characters are do lines of cocaine.
- One main character is obviously an alcoholic.
- Multiple scenes with characters drinking and smoking.
- One of the main characters is trying to convince another character to help traffic drugs into the city.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The overall tone of the movie is intense, bloody and combative. Repeated graphic bloody violence is continuous throughout this movie, warn more sensitive viewers accordingly.
- See the Violence and Gore section.
- A father and son are running for their lives, being chased by multiple people throughout the movie.
- There are a few scenes where children are exposed to, observing or trying to escape violence. These scenes are frightening and emotionally charged.
- There are also multiple scenes where the police are "bad guys." This could be confusing and scary for some adults and all children. Before watching this film it may be wise to discuss this circumstance especially in light of our present days emotionally charged climate regarding the risks of being in law enforcement and the dangers that accompany the job. Use your best judgement accordingly.
Violence & Gore
- Two men chase each other with guns in a train yard. One of them shoots the other in the stomach, and blood is seen drenching his shirt. He runs away, but the other man follows him and shoots him again from a distance. He tries to walk, but collapses. The other man picks him up and cradles him as he dies.
- A man pursues another man through a forest, and a lengthy shootout occurs. A third man shoots the attacker in the shoulder, and blood spurts, but the attacker manages to shoot the third man several times. The third man finally shoots the attacker in thread from a distance, killing him, and a large blood spurt is seen.
- A main character dies from his wounds.