Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 64 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, some language, sensuality and drug references|
Sex & Nudity
- Some mild sex references.
- A couple makes out under a sheet on the air plane seat.
- As Bill goes through a phone, he sees pictures that the owner took, all focusing on a woman's clothed breasts.
Violence & Gore
- Two men get into a brutal fight in a small airplane bathroom, punching, kicking, shoving and slamming each other's heads against walls. One man gouges the other man's eyes with his thumbs and a handgun falls to the floor; one man picks it up and aims it at the other, who breaks the gunman's neck.
- A man is shot in the forehead and we see a spot of blood as the man falls backward.
- We hear that an airplane captain died of chest pains and foaming at the mouth and we see the captain lying on the floor of the cockpit with foam on his lips and a doctor says that he may have been poisoned; a male passenger dies similarly during a struggle and we see the man slide down a wall and collapse with his eyes turned up and foam filling his mouth.
- A group of men get into a fight with another man aboard the train. The man fights off all of them, breaking one's nose in the process, but they all pile on him and subdue him.
- A man hits an air marshal on the head with an oxygen tank and four other men jump on the marshal, who subdues them all with kicks, punches, head slams, wristlocks and body throws; the marshal suffers a few facial scratches, while the others lie on the floor, semi-conscious (no blood is seen).
- A flight attendant hits a terrorist in the back of the head with a heavy object and he punches her (she falls, with some blood on her forehead); a few gunshots occur with no one being struck.
- A male passenger begins an argument with an air marshal, who pulls him from his seat and into the galley where he slams his head against the wall, and then puts him back in his seat.
- A passenger argues with an air marshal who pulls him from his seat, slams him into a wall twice, duct-tapes his wrists together and places him in the last seat by the galley.
- A father hits his adult son in the head with an open hand for recording violent incidents on an airplane.
- Smoke fills an airplane cabin as the pilot attempts to land the plane and people cough; during a hard landing, the wheels break off the plane and sparks and fire occur under the fuselage as it skids.
- A man is thrown forward toward the audience as yellow flames surge toward the camera, and the windows pop out of the airplane and part of the fuselage wall peels off as people scream and put on oxygen masks that drop from the ceiling; a heavy wind rushes through the plane, a food cart tumbles end-over-end down an aisle toward the camera and seems to hit it.
- An airplane cabin depressurizes, throwing a man to the top of the cabin, slamming his back against the roof, and he drops a handgun that a passenger kicks to him across the floor when he falls back down.
- A man with a gun is thrown away from the camera to the end of an airplane cabin while pointing a handgun at someone behind the camera viewpoint and people scream when the cabin depressurizes.
- A commercial pilot argues with an RAF escort plane pilot and suddenly descends the airliner whereupon a cushioned bomb explodes at the back of the plane with fire and smoke.
- A man with duct-taped wrists holds a handgun pointed at another man, but gives up the gun.
- A terrorist pulls out a short knife, waves it at people on an airplane and stabs it into the back of a seat; passengers shout in fear and lie on the floor of the plane.
- In an airplane cabin, a terrorist grabs a man and points a handgun to his head, while another man points a gun at the terrorist and a second terrorist pulls out a handgun; the terrorists argue and one shoots the other terrorist in the shoulder (we see some blood).
- A doctor sets a man's broken nose quickly as he shouts in pain and grabs his reddened nose.
- A flight attendant sees a dead man lying in a bathroom with his eyes and mouth open; she gasps and runs away.
- We see a long scar on the center of a woman's upper chest above her neckline and after a short argument about deaths on the flight, she tells a man that she died for 43 minutes and came back.
- Passengers slide down a ramp from a crippled airplane and appear unhurt; one woman has scrapes and blood on her head and cheek area while a man receives gauze bandages over his trouser leg at the thigh and on his wrist (we see spots of blood on his cheeks); he walks away limping slightly.
- A terrorist says that his father died with 3,000 people (in the 9/11 disaster) and he served in the Iraq War but received no thanks when he returned home, and American security is a lie.
- 1 use of wanker
- 2 uses of dick and multiple uses of shit (some paired with bullshit)
- a slang term for cocaine is used: blow
- 3 uses of 'f**k', (1 spoken, 2 in texts obscured by a large water drop and a broken cell phone screen), 9 scatological terms, 7 anatomical terms, 10 mild obscenities, 8 religious profanities (GD) and 11 religious exclamations (e.g. "oh God", "my God", "I swear to God", "Jesus", "Jesus Christ", and "for Christ's sake").
- Name-calling (naughty boy, paranoid alcoholic, crazy and fairy brother.)
- Stereotypical references to law enforcement agents, terrorists, government bureaucrats, homosexuals, Muslims, alcoholics, hijacking victims, the English and the IRA.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman opens a bottle of aspirin (she does not take any.)
- We hear that an unknown person used a blowgun to kill two men with poisoned darts.
- A man finds a short dart in the neck of a dead man.
- A briefcase contains a large amount of white powder wrapped in cellophane and we hear that it is cocaine and a man calls it "blow."
- A man seated in his parked car pours bourbon into his coffee and stirs it with a toothbrush before drinking it.
- A man uses breath spray to disguise the smell of alcohol on his breath.
- A man in an airplane bathroom opens a bottle of whiskey (he sets it down without drinking.)
- Several people mention that a man has an alcohol problem that makes them distrust him in security work.
- An airplane has a small bar and a woman walks to the bar and drinks a small bottle of rum while telling another person that she should not do it.
- A man pours a large glass of bourbon for a woman and she drinks it.
- An unknown person texts a man on a plane to "have a drink."
- A man asks another man how many drinks he has had today and the man does not reply.
- A man on an airplane announces that he is an alcoholic after losing his wife and child (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).
- Two men smoke cigarettes outside an airport.
- A man smokes a cigarette in an airplane bathroom in three scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There's a brutal and intense fight in a plane bathroom between two men, and one of them breaks the other's neck.
- An air marshal argues with a pilot, with a supervisor by phone and with the supervisor's replacement by phone several times and the last argument becomes very loud.
- Two federal agents on an airplane argue several times.
- A man pulls airline passengers from their seats for questioning about a hidden bomb, pulls them over other passengers and waves a gun around as he does so.
- An air marshal stands accused of hijacking a plane and stealing a large sum of money, but he says he is saving the plane, not hijacking it; his supervisor tells him over the phone that the US will shoot the airplane down to stop him because, "We don't negotiate with terrorists."
- A man on an airplane receives threatening text messages that state that a person on board will die every 20 minutes until $150 million is deposited into an offshore account.
- News reports on TV sets at each seat in an airplane announce that an air marshal has personal problems that have made him psychologically unstable and have resulted in his hijacking the plane; the marshal announces to the passengers that he lost his wife and his job, and then his 8-year-old daughter to leukemia, but that he wants to save the airliner from a bomb.
- A man rips open a large plastic wrapped pack of cocaine (please see the Substance Use category for more details) and finds a bomb; he and passengers place it at the back of the plane and cover it with luggage, awaiting an explosion and we hear that tossing it out a door will explode it immediately.
- A little girl screams and begins to fall out of an airplane while attached to her seat by the belt, but she is pulled back in by the arm; we see empty seats fall out of the plane.
- Two RAF Typhoons appear beside the airliner, radioing the copilot to follow them to Iceland and a passenger says, "We're all going to die."
- The passengers of a commercial airliner believe they are in a hijacking and begin to shout, curse and walk around the cabin as they demand answers from an air marshal while one man says, "I think he's going to crash the plane."
- Men and women stare suspiciously at a man wearing a skullcap on an airplane, implying that he might be a terrorist.
- In two scenes, turbulence rattles the cabin of an airplane significantly and people gasp.
- A man grimaces during an airplane takeoff and a woman next to him asks if he will have a seizure; he says he will be fine when takeoff is over.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Towards the end of them is a deadly plane crash. This may startle some viewers
- A deadly plane crash towards the end is very intense. People scream in danger, including the little girl.
- a little girl is shown hanging out of a moving airplane screaming, this may frighten viewers
- The whole film has a very intense tone, especially the final twenty minutes when the killer is revealed. The terrorist themes may be particularly upsetting for some.