Interview with the Vampire (2022– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
- Sex & Nudity (3)
- Violence & Gore (5)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (1)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (3)
- Spoilers (2)
Sex & Nudity
- Several heterosexual and homosexual sex scenes with a moderate amount of nudity (breasts and buttocks can be seen briefly)
- Three characters engage in a bisexual threesome
- A young girl vampire watches a couple begin to have sex in a car. The woman opens her top, and the man moves his hand between her legs.
Violence & Gore
- A vampire kills a man by graphically punching through his head, seen briefly but fully from the front.
- A man commits suicide by walking off of a roof. His body is shown from a distance with a spreading puddle of blood. Sad, but not very graphic.
- A vampire rips off a man's lower jaw. The man is then briefly shown bleeding from the wound. Not very realistic, but shocking.
- A man's eyeball is ripped out. The organ is shown on the floor, and the man is briefly seen afterwards.
- Lots and lots of blood, naturally. In various scenes, vampires drink blood from human victims. Some victims are seen dead in puddles of blood. Some are shown tied up and being drained of blood slowly. Vampires are often covered in blood.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The story is set in the red light district of 1910's New Orleans and feature many brothels where patrons drink and smoke heavily
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A vampire is tempted to kill a baby. The question of whether he will or not is dragged out for several minutes. One of the more intense scenes in the entire series, though not violent.
- Very violent series overall. Vampires are repeatedly shown to be extremely callous towards humans (and sometimes each other), maiming and killing them with no qualms. This may be intense or frightening for some viewers.
- One vampire prefers to "savor" his victims. He wounds them and allows them to bleed out slowly over hours, weak and disoriented but conscious. In one scene he is draining his victim's blood into a decanter, sipping some from a wineglass. May be disturbing to some viewers.
Violence & Gore
- The two main characters' romantic relationship slowly becomes abusive, ultimately culminating in a very intense scene in which they physically fight but one of them instantly overpowers the other, beats him up, forcibly drinks his blood and drops him from high up in the sky onto the pavement.
- A young vampire accidentally kills her human lover. Her vampire mentor then forces her to watch as they dispose of the body by burning it. We briefly see his body in the fire with skin burning away and face deforming. Graphic but brief.