You Can Never Go Home Again (2021) Poster

So bad it's shocking
deedrala22 April 2022
"You Can Never Go Home Again" (2021)

It's truly shocking how awful this thing is - there are NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. I came here to write a review to warn off future viewers from it and saw that the review by 'hoops' said exactly what I intended to say, especially that it really did seem to be put together by a bunch of third graders and imdb really needs to add zero to the rating scale, etc. If I'd known this crap could actually be bought and produced by a TV network, I'd be a multi-millionaire by now since anyone with half a brain could churn out this rehashed bland talentless drivel.

The 10/10 reviewers here are obviously friends and relatives of the cast and/or producers/directors of this turkey, since any thinking adult could easily see how lame and boring it is, with terrible acting by all. The only credit I'll give it is that Jackie Moore can play a believable psycho, as she also did in a previous LMN-er as a psycho interior decorator. But her role was diminished by the poor, unoriginal storyline and overall mediocrity of the movie.

The background music was out of whack and seemed to be tacked on at the last minute.

Just unbearably dumb and a total waste of time.

Grade F / 1 out of 10.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Juvenile
hoops-534368 March 2022
This one must have been written, directed, filmed, and acted by elementary children. It is childish. The camera work when Emma first comes in is absolutely ridiculous! To imagine that this was actually financed by a company is unbelievable! Global Genesis Group was either really desperate or their standards are really low. Two hours of our lives we will never get back again. IMDB needs to start allowing a zero star rating (or how about negative star ratings?)
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
you can never get your time back
jmgimbel1 August 2022
What happened to the once cheesy but fun Lifetime? They seem to churn out movie after movie now that r just hideous quality, absurdly so?! The acting to the stories aren't fun and r plain stupid with adults acting less adult than teenagers would IRL. I get leaning into cheesy but you still need a story pple want to watch.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow!
almajean197114 April 2022
What a waste of time. From the plot to the music! Extended scenes and NOT a believable storyline.

The acting was good but what a waste of talent. Don't these actors read the scripts and discuss with the director and producer if they find that some lines need to change because they're lame? 6/10 stars? I've seen movies that have 3-4/10 stars and they were WAY better than this!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Misleading
jammer-015893 October 2022
Every description of this movie implies the teacher 'seduces' the husband. If this is seducing I'd hate to see something like a raping. The husband is smitten with her from the moment he sees her. It's like the only thing he actually did a decent job acting with too, it's completely obvious they scrambled to find the first black lead male they could find for this role just to try and jump on some BLM points. He's terrible in this movie but was not seduced. He was pushed away by his annoying wife that I would cheat on too, good lord she's unbearable. But yeah no seduction. Just consensual sex here.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall terrible
shovonneellis13 March 2022
This has to be one of the worst movies on lifetime that I have seen in awhile, from the acting, the plot and the actors especially the male lead why would this woman be so obsessed with this man you can't even take him seriously! Please lifetime do better because that was two hours of my life I can never get back.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent but hammy Lifetime original thriller.
b_kite13 September 2022
Lifetime original thriller that plays out like Poison Ivy but with a teacher. It's passable I'm sure there's about a million of these Lifetime movies with this plot, but for what it is it does a decent job building suspense. There's some weird dubbing in some scenes and the lead female villain is a bit hammy. The final doesn't really live up nor work either though as is just sort of exposes the films short budget and just ends.

And I guess my review still isn't long enough for IMDB so here is some more nonsense to read. And I guess my review still isn't long enough for IMDB so here is some more nonsense to read.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!!
elliott-adam15 March 2022
If you're looking for a fun and engaging thriller, grab a glass of something, sit back and enjoy because this film is a wild ride. I think as audiences, sometimes we forget that storytelling can give us an opportunity to escape and just have a good bit of fun, and "You Can Never Go Home Again" provides exactly that. I especially enjoyed Jackie Moore's performance, who is fantastic as Emma. I have been following Jackie's work over the years and I'm thrilled to see her starting to take on some of these darker roles. The rest of the cast is excellent too, the story is compelling and it leaves you waning more, which is everything you need for a fun night in at the movies. Highly recommend!
3 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I enjoyed the movie!
workalldayrecords15 March 2022
I like this movie because it's a real life situation that occurs in our world. I enjoyed seeing Omar Gooding become this character and keep me engaged with the full plot! I appreciate seeing Lifetime open up the playing field to other companies willing to put time and effort into a film like this. I will definitely recommend to family and friends. Definitely look forward to the next one!
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it
meelah_c15 March 2022
I loved this lifetime movie... Some of the shots were really beautiful. I really enjoyed all of the characters. Such a beautiful setting and a great story. I have already seen it twice and I will be watching it again soon!!
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspenseful ride!
davidamitin15 March 2022
Really enjoyed this one. Don't usually watch Lifetime, but maybe I will have to try more of them out if they are like this. Good acting and direction and a story that made me need to know how it would play out! Good fun!
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.