Bullet Train (2022)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 54 items
- Sex & Nudity (6)
- Violence & Gore (32)
- Profanity (3)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (1)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (2)
- Spoilers (10)
|MPAA||Rated R for strong and bloody violence, pervasive language, and brief sexuality.|
Sex & Nudity
- Some very brief kissing scenes between two characters
- A man talks about having a "sex thing" after he is asked to do a favor. This is done for comedic effect and is pretty much nothing in terms of sexual content. No sex or nudity.
- A shot of a man and woman in bed together, clothed, pans across the screen. They are covered by bed linens. only shoulders up are seen. This same scene occurs again moments later. No sex or nudity is shown.
- Very brief moment shown from far away of a naked man
- A flashback is shown in which the main is shown photographing a naked man.
- A man photographs 2 men during intercourse from very far scene lasts a second easy to miss
Violence & Gore
- Over-the-top violence with guns.
- A meat hook is stabbed through a man's throat and up out his head
- A tremendous amount of violence, blood, and gore. While executed with an outlandish and comic tone, most violence is still quite graphic.
- People vomit large amounts of blood multiple times throughout.
- A man's throat is slashed and blood squirts across the screen
- A samurai sword gets put through the side of a man's neck, blood pouring out everywhere.
- A samurai sword is sliced through a man's shoulder, getting stuck within his chest. Graphic.
- Half of a man's head gets shot off, blood squirts everywhere.
- A man gets shot in the neck during a fight, blood is squirting all over the carriage. Very graphic.
- A man is stabbed in the eye by a throwing knife
- A compilation of murders are shown. While done for comedic effect some of the kills are very brutal. This includes people getting shot with major blood spurts/splatters, a man getting a machete shoved in his shoulder, a man while being strangled gets a hook shoved through his throat to the top of his head (this is shown in graphic detail), a man gets his throat penetrated by two swords, people get run over, explosions etc
- A man is shoved through the roof of a train where he gets ripped in half after hitting something. His dismembered upper half is seen rolling down the roof of the train. Quick but pretty bloody.
- Two men are run over by a train. A huge explosion of blood is seen when they get run over. Quick.
- In the mid credit scene a man is shot in the head (blood spurts) and a woman gets run over by a truck, we then see blood on the truck. All done in a comedic tone.
- The last stop which is incredibly violent and gory.
- A character is shot in the head offscreen.
- A man is suffocated with a plastic bag, before his throat is slit.
- It is implied a kid was pushed of off of a roof.
- There is a flashback revisited frequently throughout the film of an entire party of people dying of poison. They are screaming and bleeding profusely from their eyes while projectile vomiting excessive amounts of blood. It's very outlandish and played with a slight comedic tone. Still quite graphic.
- A woman dies of poison very slowly. The scene is fairly extended as she crawls along the floor, blood streaming from her eyes and mouth.
- A man is shot in the gut and dragged to a bathroom where he is left to die.
- A man is drugged and then shot multiple times in the chest, then left to die in a bathroom.
- A man is stabbed in the shoulder. He is seen later with a large blood stain on his shirt surrounding the wound.
- A man accidentally stabs himself in the heart, as he dies he falls and breaks his neck, dead.
- Two men are seen stuffing body parts into bins of some kind. Sounds of a chainsaw suggest they are chopping up bodies, but this much is not shown. Just a flash of dismembered body parts. This is a flashback that is revisited a few times. The dismembered body parts are always shown very briefly, albeit graphically. The men are covered in blood-soaked plastic smocks. In an extended version of the flashback, a grisly scene of dead bodies are shown, also briefly.
- A scene where a man fights a large group of men. Swords and other weapons are used. This is a flashback that is revisited. In its extended version a large scale fight among men involves graphic and bloody injuries inflicted with swords and knives. The one non-graphic moment involved a man being shot in the head off-camera.
- A dead man is shown with blood seeping from his eyes.
- In a revisited flashback, a woman is T-Boned in a car accident. Her reaction as the car approaches is all that's seen, and an external shot of the cars colliding.
- In a flashback, a doctor is poisoned. This flashback is revisited. The man is seen screaming with blood seeping from his eyes.
- A man is stabbed through the face with a sword which is driven upward through the top of his head. Very graphic.
- A young woman is struck by a truck offscreen.
- Two men get into an argument about how many people they killed while trying to get someone's son back, which ends up turning into a very violent flashback scene showing a person getting shot in the head, a guy getting stabbed with two swords at once, a man getting a meat hook shoved through his head, etc. All done for comedic effect but pretty graphic.
- 134 uses of "fuck", 25 uses of "shit", 15 uses of "bullshit", and 9 uses of "cocksucker"
- swear words are mostly used by lemon and tangerine
- 16 uses of ass and all variations of it, mainly by Tangerine.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Cigarettes and cigars are shown very briefly.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The action sequences occasionally are in a comedic tone but are very bloody.
- Not really frightening or dark but some scenes can be very bloody. Most of the violence is done with a comedic effect (like when people use plushies when fighting).
Violence & Gore
- Poisoned characters bleed from their eye sockets and vomit.
- Possibly the most violent/gory scene in the film is around the end of the film where someone is about to shoot someone but then gets half of his head blown off by a booby trapped gun. The explosion is shown onscreen with bits of his head shown flying everywhere with major blood splatters. We then see him (with a half a head) fall to ground, dead.
- At the end of the movie, the main villain tries to shoot the protagonist, but the gun he is using explodes in his hand, ripping off a huge part of his head. The scene lasts for a few seconds but is very bloody and gory, and might be the most graphic scene in the entire movie.
- During the last stop, Lemon picks up half of a killer and half of his body cut off by the train metal rope and you see his body rolling down with blood spraying. Very gory.
- Tangerine is shot in the neck blood pouring down and spraying everywhere on the walls.
- A character is suddenly hit with a vehicle towards the end.
- A girl convinces a boy to come up a building and pushes boy off
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Lemon becomes unconscious when he is given a sleeping powder
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scenes where people bleed from their eyes and vomit blood (due to the poisonous Boomslang snake venom) can be very disturbing to some viewers.
- People at a wedding are shown throwing up blood and bleeding because someone poisoned the cake. Everyone but the groom dies.