Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 35 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence and pervasive strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- Towards the end, a man throws a woman down on a table, she is in her bra, he bends over to kiss her, like something going to happen but scene jumps to the next scene.
Violence & Gore
- There is an intense car chase scene in a tunnel. During this scene, McClane shoots two men point-blank, killing them.
- Theres a car chase in which McClane trades bullets with two bad guys. The bad guys' car crashes, resulting in the deaths of both men.
- Simon shoots Zeus in the leg on the ferry.
- A bomb is thrown out the back of a moving subway car, the explosion causes chaos as it derails the train & its momentum tears through part of the rail way. Big explosion and many injured people.
- A brief point blank shootout with 5 men in an elevator results in alot of blood.
- A man's necks is slashed with several cuts. Impacts are not shown but blood sprays & covers both involved. Short but graphic.
- McClane slams a man's head in a door several times.
- A man is sliced in half by a high-tension cable. Very, very brief. There is some blood spray but this is easy to miss.
- Two men fight hand-to-hand, one is beaten with a length of chain for a few seconds. Not graphic, but pretty brutal.
- Two men explode the handcuffs constricting them to a pole, and both scream in pain.
- A building explodes in the beginning.
- A man is stabbed with a piece of wood. Little blood.
- A helicopter hits electric wires, crashes and explodes, killing everyone in it.
- A large boat explodes, and McClane and Zeus jump off of it.
- A gang a costs a man, breaks a bottle on his head, blood, also cut another man's arm, blood seen. Many bottles thrown as both escape the scene.
- McClane is often partially covered in blood.
- Approximately 100 uses of 'fuck', 65 uses of 'shit', 27 uses of 'hell', 29 uses of 'ass' (13 used as 'asshole'), 13 uses of 'damn', 3 uses of "son of a bitch", and 6 uses of 'piss'.
- At least 4 N words (one written).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are a few scenes where smoking is shown.
- John is seen taking aspirin several times during the movie.
- The protagonist of the film is a borderline alcoholic; he has a hangover throughout the film.
- The main antagonist and a lot of henchmen are seen drinking champagne briefly in one scene near the end of the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Much one on one violence, mainly with guns, otherwise, with fists & whatever people could grab to use as a weapon. A school is said to have a bomb in it and will explode. (Only very few children are frightened -- most don't know what is going on.)
- A subway train blows up, causing it to turn sideways and slide across the train stop area, no one dies.
- A woman stabs several security guards with knives. Pretty violent and intense.
- Very suspenseful.
- A lot of the deaths in this movie are violent, and that may be disturbing/upsetting to some younger viewers.
- The tunnel scene is very intense.
- The train crash scene is very intense.
- The final shootout is intense.
- The entire boat scene is pretty intense.
- The car chase is very brutal and intense.
- The fountain/bomb disarming scene is intense.
- The bomb threat scenes are all very intense, particularly the school scene.