IMDb > "The Class" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Class"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Class" More at IMDbPro »

THE CLASS gets better every week!

Author: gregsawyer2006 from United States
29 October 2006

First of all, I disagree with the other reviews. This series has eight very distinct and fresh characters. After some of them re-unite at the party, most go their separate ways. But like in real life one event can change your life forever. And keep changing it. Even characters who didn't connect that night are starting to now. And none of it seems contrived. As for funny, I prefer that laughs come from a character's personality and aren't jokes for jokes sake. I've laughed more during THE CLASS then any of the single camera shows that everyone is so in awe of. Someone mentioned that the creators "moved away" from the idea of the pilot, but I've read that this is exactly the way they planned the show to go. Anyway, I think THE CLASS is smartly written and emotionally satisfying and I'm liking it more every week. Don't be so hard on it.

The Class Is An Underrated Classic

Author: walken_on_sunshine
1 December 2006

The Class is the all new CBS show from Friends creator David Crane.I find this show one of the best sitcoms on T.V and if promoted better could become a classic.The basic premise of the show follows a bunch different characters who were in the same third grade class meeting up twenty years later at a reunion party.Certain members become friends and soon The Class follows three basic story lines.Story 1 follows Nicole a woman married to an NFL star who develops feelings for her ex boyfriend and current home renovator Duncan.Story 2 follows twin sisters Kat and Lina,and while Kat and new friend Ethan begin to bond Lina and her bad lucked,clumsy boyfriend run into many relationship obstacles.Story 3 follow Kyle a married homosexual being do favors by his high school girlfriend Holly who is married to a man who is seemingly gay.The Class has some lovable and original characters who each have a distinct personality which is a fresh change for T.V these days.The show is written brilliantly because they find a way for every storyline to progress further and further in a way that isn't boring or predictable.They end every episode with an unexpected cliffhanger which is an intelligent way to keep viewers interested and keep each episode new and fresh.The Richie/Lina storyline much like the Ross/Rachel storyline is who we all hope stays together and when they break up it's devastating because we know both Richie and Lina truly love each other.I love the originality and i love how every episode continues instead of everything being reset.The Class is one of my favorite T.V shows ever,I pray for Season 2.

canceled before its time

Author: gell3334 from United States
7 November 2007

What can one expect from the programming geniuses but to cancel a potentially great show before its time? Smartly written and with a flawless cast from David Crane, the creator of "Friends", "The Class" should have been allowed to blossom in a weekly slot the viewer could look forward to. (Sorry, Monday @ 8pm was not a good choice).

The plot was simple, a group of former classmates from the third grade meet at a party and their lives become entwined and relationships develop: Ethan and Cat- opposites whom you root for the way we rooted for Ross and Rachel to find each other; the "nebbish klutzy" Richie Velch (great name!) who meets his true love Lina by running her over with his car; Duncan and Nicole, former high school sweethearts whose lives have taken them down different paths, but whose feelings for one another never died; These and other characters become "friends", and we were able share their growing pains with laughter and tears. I just finished watching the complete season again and remain stunned at the stupidity of CBS for flushing this winner down the drain. What- "Rules of Engagement" is more deserving of renewal? A lost treasure that (along with another CBS cancellation - "Out Of Practice") demonstrates that the networks don't get the TV audience, and continue to assault and plunder us with inane sitcoms, reality shows and endless spin-offs of crime shows. Enough said.

I agree

Author: wereoutoftime from Canada
16 November 2006

I agree! I love "The Class" and think it's getting better, and the plot lines are starting to become clearer. At the beginning of the season, everything was kinda all over the place, but now it's settling down, in a way, and I think it has great potential to be the next "Friends" or "Seinfeld" if you give it a chance. In comparison with the bucket full of dramas on ABC and NBC this September (By the way- Nothing against them- Just Saying) It's good that CBS is getting some good comedy out there. So lets just stop watching reruns of Friends in hope it gets renewed and stop watching our box sets of 24 waiting for January and tune in on Mondays!

Fast becoming one of my favorite 30 minute sit coms

Author: noahperlman from United States
10 January 2007

"The Class" got started a little slow but the writers are developing their characters into positions they are now using for very funny skits. This comedy was ideally supposed to be the successor to "Friends " but has the feel of something entirely new. The most recent episode where the subject of homosexuality is a major theme continues to keep me on my toes. The cast of the class is exceptionally strong and diverse. The late John Ritter's son is proving that he can do exceptional work in comedy as well as he did in drama ( "Joan of Arcadia" ). I recommend giving " The Class " a look for a few episodes so you can catch on to each characters profile.

Where is Holly?

Author: michele-mackey from United States
23 January 2007

This is the funniest sit-com that came out of the new season! But, where is Holly Ellenbogan?? Her and her "gay" husband were so funny. Does anyone know, has she been written out of the show? I hope this is a show that will last for more seasons. We haven't had a funny show like this since Seinfeld. I love the fact that the cast is brand-new to us, and the characters have evolved into their own. Richie is priceless, and the relationship he and Lena have is so great. Thanks CBS for bringing back the wacky sit-com! If anyone knows if this will be back next season, post it here. I can't wait for Monday nights just to watch!

Absolutely Amazing

Author: banghahabang from United States
28 January 2007

I think this show is hysterical. It leaves me in stitches each time I get the pleasure of watching it. The characters are so colorful. They remind me of me, my friends and family. What they go through seems like it just might happen in my life. (except on a more realistic level) I love the relationships in this show as well. Kat and Ethan are 2 of my favorite people (other than Richie...cause he's my ALL TIME favorite) You can tell they like each other deep down but they'll just keep beating around the bush until maybe 3 seasons into the future when they get drunk enough to sleep together. This show is so perfect. It seems like a collaboration of Friends meets Will & Grace. I LOVE THE CLASS!

This is one of the best TV sitcoms yet !!

Author: arclite from India
26 October 2007

When i was going to watch this series for the 1st time, i didn't expected too much from..i expected it to be just like any other series. but it turned out to be as one of my favorites now. seriously, this is one series where you'll find everything..comedy, romance, emotions...all the characters in this have done a very good job...specially Duncan Carmelo(Jon Bernthal) and Richie Velch(Jesse Tyler Ferguson)...i specially liked Richie...he has done a terrific job..I have already seen the whole series around 4 times & i still wanna watch it again..but I'm really disappointed that they stopped making it..this should be in the must watch list of everyone who like sitcoms...

The Class is a Great show!

Author: spiketnt-1 from United States
10 April 2007

One of the best shows ever. My family, friends and I have really enjoyed The Class. It's always a topic at work. Please bring season 2 and many more. There is a great cast and they are molding into their roles very well. A lot of comedy and beautiful ladies. Different types of humor and a mesh of all kinds makes this a funny and entertaining show. It always ends leaving us wanting much much more. The Class may remind some of the show Friends. The Class is a group from the third grade that reunited from a party on the first episode. The characters Richie and Duncan make a great and funny team. Nicole is totally beautiful along with others. Yonk, Nicole's husband is funny and has not a romantic bone in his body. He just doesn't get it. Soon, I believe Duncan will win Nicole back as they were lovers in high school. Their passion is burning and we are all waiting!

The Class

Author: crisreb from Puerto Rico
8 January 2007

This show is about a group of "strangers" that knew each other back in third grade. They have a reunion of sort and reconnect. Old flames spark, new relationships blossom as well as new friendships and of course there are the old habits that die hard (or maybe not).

I like this show it's funny and thou it needs to mature a little I still think it's worth watching (and waiting for it to grow). The actors have good chemistry between them and the writing is just plain funny. Watch out for Duncan and Nicole (will they or won't they), Richie and Lina (so cute) and Kat and Ethan (proof that friendship between guys and girls is possible…at least on TV) If you're looking for a half hour of uncomplicated fun to watch comedy this is a good choice.