Reviews

Darlin' (2019)
A lot to unpack
16 March 2019
I love everything that this film is addressing: religion, women's relationships, and the female body. But because this film tries to tackle so much, it doesn't completely finish a sentence or thought. It did, however, make me fiercely close my legs more than I ever have in my whole life.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Snatchers (2019)
Super fun!
16 March 2019
I watched this during it's run at SXSW. This film was surprising and soulful despite its ridiculous premise. It stabs at everything from female sexuality to bro culture and women's relationships. I could see this being the next Gremlins or Critters.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Villains (2019)
Truly unique, wild ride
16 March 2019
I saw this film at its last screening at the SXSW film festival. I can't believe how freaking likable the main characters are. I absolutely enjoyed every second of it. It's good old twisted and crazy fun. Check it out if you can, you'll scream and laugh at the same time.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun story...
16 March 2019
I saw this recently at SXSW with the writer's Q&A. I really enjoy this kind of crazy story, especially one that calls to the world we live in with online trolls and real life trolls. It was entertaining and had some great laugh points but my main complaint is that the lead character seemed a little flat and truly unlikeable. I ended up liking the crazier person more. My favorite part was right at the beginning when it smash-cut to his online persona. Unfortunately the film couldn't live up to the hype at the beginning.
11 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Offbeat on Rhythm
13 March 2019
I saw this movie at the SXSW film festival when it premiered, I liked it, the movie is offbeat but settled into a kind of funny rhythm that it maintained. It's about a teacher having an affair with a student. It was a cast and crew screening so there were people laughing at everything which I hate. I wanted the movie to keep going but it was also daylight savings time and I was kind of out of it.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.