Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 41 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action and violence.|
Sex & Nudity
- A man is shown with his shirt off, but wearing high-waisted pants. The man is quite muscular. A female character stutters and asks him to put on a shirt. He does not. They have a conversation. The entire scene is about 30-60 seconds long.
- A woman suddenly gives a small kiss on the lips to another man without consent. He seems surprised and doesn't really reciprocate at the time, although he does behave tenderly towards her in a later scene.
- Luke milks a creature that has four large, strangely un-animal-like udders (They look like breasts). The creature lets out a piercing orgasmic moan. He then drinks the milk.
- People wear somewhat revealing clothing on Canto Bight.
- Maz Kanata makes a small suggestive comment about a male character. Two other characters trade perplexed glances at this.
Violence & Gore
- Lots of explosions and spaceship battles.
- CGI animals get whipped violently by electric rods.
- Two characters get into a small duel inside a tent.
- Characters go on suicide bombings.
- Two characters kill a squad of masked bodyguards with their lightsabres.
- Two uses of "damn," one use of "bastard," two uses of "hell," and one use of "big-ass" as an adjective.
- More language than usual Star Wars movies.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two lead characters walk into a casino where the drinking of alcohol can be seen.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Multiple people are killed in ships being destroyed in battle.
- A female character gets lightly cut in a lightsaber battle (the act is easily missed).
- This film is significantly darker than the previous "Star Wars" films, hitting on mature themes such as failure, depression, hopelessness, etc., and overall it goes on par with "The Empires Strikes Back", "Rogue One" and "Revenge of the Sith".
Violence & Gore
- A man gets crushed by rocks. He is fine though.
- People get tortured by the Force.
- During an intense battle, a man is cut in half by a lightsaber; his body falls in two. A man is impaled through his eye (behind a mask), another is beheaded, many others are cut through. One of them falls into an electric shaft and his body explodes into tiny pieces (however it is only seen for a brief second). No blood is shown in any of it, as the men are all fully covered in armour with no skin showing.
- The "Force Choke" is used at least twice, and a few men are Force-thrown against the wall.
- A character is shot at by a huge array or weaponry. The character appears to liquefy from the blast. The actuality is that the red sand from the ground of the planet they are on kicks up, giving the illusion that the character is blown to pieces. He is later revealed to be fine.
- A character (sitting on a chair) gets sliced in half with a lightsaber; his upper body slides down onto the floor and his severed hands are briefly shown to be remaining on the armrest in a few shots.
- A character sacrifices themselves by cutting through the side of a Star Destroyer with their ship. The side of the ship is seen splitting away from the rest of the ship. The character's death is not seen onscreen.
- A character duels another character. The loser falls into a pit of fire.
- A character walk towards his plane as it explodes. He flies back.
- A character lightly hits another one on the nose with his cane.
- CGI creatures stampede throughout a city. There is a lot of destruction but no deaths.
- A man gets shot by a stun gun. He fires back and knocks himself out. He is fine though.
- Chewbacca cooks a Porg. One of the Porgs looks at him with fright. Chewbacca is about to eat the Porg, but doesn't.
- Two characters engage in a lightsaber battle at the end.
- A man is briefly dragged across the floor from another man's use of the Force and blood slowly pours from his mouth.
- During the fight with Snoke's guards, Rey gets a cut on her arm. The cut isn't graphic and the act is easily missed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A main character is blown into space. While in the vacuum she uses the Force to float to the remaining piece of a spaceship. In the ship, she passes out.
- A woman is tortured by the Force (as shown in the preview).
- Many ships are destroyed (along with all of their occupants). As in previous Star Wars movies, pilots (and others) are shown engulfed in flames as their ships explode.
- A female character gets hurt stopping her friend from risking his life. She gets badly injured, and cuts and burns can be seen all over her face. She passes out but we don't know what happens from then on, because the movie ends with her in a medical bed.
- On the casino planet it is shown the the caretakers of the animals are children. The children are slaves.
- A couple of close-ups of Snoke. He has a disfigured face.
- Small escape pods are destroyed one-by-one.
- A female character is trying to save the Resistance because their bombs are falling too early. The bombs fall, but she falls into an explosion.
- Spoiler for Thor: Ragnarok (2017): Towards the end, a major character, Luke Skywalker, dies by fading away in a fashion similar to Odin in Thor: Ragnarok (2017). This is quite sad and powerful.