The Secret World of Arrietty (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is no sexual content or nudity present in this film.
Violence & Gore
- A crow flies into a window screen as a miniature girl stands on the window ledge; the crow squawks, gets trapped in the screen and the miniature girl stumbles and almost falls off the window ledge as a normal-sized boy tries to shove the crow out of the screen, a woman comes in and shouts, hitting the crow with a shoe until it dislodges from the screen, and the normal-sized boy lifts up the miniature girl and takes her to safety.
- A miniature woman screams in terror as a woman lifts the roof of her miniature home, the woman grabs the miniature woman, yanks a teapot from her hands and places the shouting miniature woman in her pocket; she then places the miniature woman inside a glass jar, puts plastic wrap over the top and the miniature woman shouts and pounds against the glass.
- A miniature woman screams in terror as an unseen boy lifts portions of her house and moves it away; the miniature woman faints and the boy places a couch under her as she is about to fall (she is unharmed).
- A cat claws at a miniature girl as she runs through a grate (the girl is unharmed).
- A cat hisses when a crow lands on its back and pecks on its head (the cat walks away unharmed).
- A miniature boy draws his bow and arrow, aiming it at a normal-sized boy; the miniature boy then drops the bow.
- Name-calling (crazy, you little thief, little robbers, idiot, bonkers.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- We see the hand of a woman lifting a glass of wine to her mouth.
- An older woman asks a woman (whom she believes to be hallucinating) if she had not just "found the sherry again."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Hara may scare young children.
- The main male character is suffering from a heart condition from which he may die. The dialogue about this can be a bit frightening, particularly given his young age.
- This movie is more sad than Frightening or Intense