- 4 wins.
- See more »
Katagiri (as Ren Ôsugi)
The Hit Man
|Rest of cast listed alphabetically:|
Gangster with shades (as Christopher Britton)
A member of kitajima-gumi
Kanemoto (Mahjong Shop Owner)
Maeda (knife attacker)
|Gregory Marshall Smith||...||
|Takeshi Kitano||...||(written by)|
|Kazuyoshi Okuyama||...||executive producer|
|Takashi Oda||...||special makeup effects artist|
|Kyôko Toyokawa||...||makeup artist|
|Kenichi Kanda||...||unit production manager|
|Katsuhiro Ogawa||...||unit manager|
|Toshihiro Tenma||...||assistant director|
|Masami Kobayashi||...||physical effects|
|Takashi Oda||...||dummy effects|
|Takeshi Nakasu||...||assistant gaffer|
|Gregory Marshall Smith||...||researcher|
|Corrinne de Bury||...||press attache: France (uncredited)|
- Shôchiku (1993) (Japan) (theatrical)
- Lucky Red (2000) (Italy) (theatrical)
- AFMD (1995) (France) (theatrical)
- Rapid Eye Movies (1998) (Germany) (theatrical)
- Another World Entertainment (2007) (Denmark) (DVD)
- Channel Neko (2007) (Japan) (tv)
- Des Films (France) (DVD)
- M.I.B. (Germany) (DVD)
- Manga Films (Spain)
- Miramax (United States)
- Miramax (2004) (United States) (DVD)
- Primer Plano Film Group Video (Argentina) (VHS)
- Primer Plano Film Group (Argentina)
- Rolling Thunder Pictures (1998) (United States) (subtitled)
- Second Sight Films (2008) (United Kingdom) (DVD)
- StudioCanal (France) (DVD)
- Aoi Studio (post-production sound services)
- Imagica (film processing)
- Kodak Japan (film stock supplied by)
- NK Tokki (grip equipment supplied by)
- Nihon Shomei Co. (lighting equipment supplied by)
- Sanwa Cine Equipment (camera equipment supplied by)
- Tomida Editing Room (editing facility)
- Wonder City (music production)
- Wonder Station (music recording studio)
- Yoshikawa Casting Office (casting)
A world-weary yakuza in Tokyo is assigned to take his clan to Okinawa to help settle a dispute between two factions. He's suspicious of the assignment, but he goes, and within a couple days, his role remains unclear and several of men are dead. He retreats to a house on a remote beach to wait. The first night there , he rescues a young woman from an assault, and they develop a playful relationship. Over time, it becomes clear he's been set up, sent to Okinawa so that others can take over his lucrative territory. As his clan dwindles, he plans a revenge. But, what if he's successful? What is there to life anyway?
|Taglines||His mob boss double-crossed him. Now it's payback time! See more »|
|Parents Guide||View content advisory »|
|Also Known As||
|Movie Connections||Featured in 100 Years of Japanese Cinema (1995). See more »|
|Crazy Credits||At the end of the closing credits, various shots of the beach that were taken a year or so later, are included. See more »|
You're tough. I love tough guys.
Aniki Murakawa: I wouldn't carry a gun if I were tough.
Miyuki: You can shoot without a second thought.
Aniki Murakawa: I shoot fast because I get scared fast.
Miyuki: But you're not afraid of dying, are you?
Aniki Murakawa: When you're scared all the time, you reach a point when you wish you were dead.
See more »