IMDb > Kick-Ass (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Kick-Ass

Kick-Ass More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 82: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Great, shocking fun

Author: sarakitty05
22 July 2012

I gotta say, when I first started watching this movie, I thought it was your typical teenage boy kinda movie; about growing pains, and being a loser, and suddenly turning into a winner. Even when the main character started dressing up as a hero, i still thought, alright...he's a little eccentric.

However, a good ten to fifteen minutes in the movie, I found out I was dead wrong. The minute Nicolas Cage shoots his daughter (but she's fine) with a smile, i knew this was different than any movie I have ever seen. It was amplified double when those thugs stabbed Kick-Ass.

This movie, in all, is one wild ride. I don't want to give too much away, since that will ruin the shock factor for viewers (The above doesn't really give anything away). Aaron Johnson is BRILLIANT as a nerdy, loserish high schooler who turns into Kick-Ass, an alter ego who gets himself into more than he expects. Eventually, he turns from scared pussycat into a ferocious tiger, willing to do what it takes to save people from harm. Chloe Grace Moretz and Nicolas Cage define excellence as Hit Girl and Big Daddy. Two roles that I was definitely not expecting to see. It shocked me and it thrilled me, and it definitely made the movie so much better. They should have won awards. If you don't see this movie for anything else, please see it for these forces of nature. Finally, Christopher Mintz Plasse also plays a great role as Red Mist.

Overall, this movie is up on my top 5. I won't say too much about it overall, except: GO SEE IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

This film kicks ass

Author: jason24691 from United Kingdom
28 March 2012

Watching the trailer to this film i thought to myself, nah its just another teen comic film, think again people this have got to be one of the all time classic films comic/action and its definitely not for kids, really, someone burns to death alive, also another hapless victim is cooked alive in a giant microwave, plus very bloody fight scenes.

The film is called kick ass, but its not all about him, its also about Big daddy (not the former British wrestler) and hit girl, they want to get revenge for the death of their wife/mother.

With great music to go with the superb action scenes, this is a film in which i highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

A truly unique movie

Author: Ctrl-Opt-Del from England, GB
20 February 2012

Kick-Ass may not be the best superhero movie ever made, but it does have one quality that sets it apart from all others. There have been so very many superhero origin movies, but most are set in comic book universes where superheroism is already known, and so the emergent protagonists are treated as merely the new kid on the block. In Kick-Ass we get to see the actual emergence of the first ever superheros, and the inevitable surprised and - at first - incredulous attitude of both the general populace and the "bad guys".

This, for me, makes Kick-Ass probably the most original handing of superhero lore that has ever been presented.

Funny, violent and awesome!!

Author: noangelfan-36-988964 from United Kingdom
9 June 2011

This film is really let down by it's DVD cover, the cover makes it look like a childish moronic superhero movie trying to be better than it actually is. However, don't take one look at the cover and turn away, this film is possibly my favourite film ever. This film combines gore, violence, comedy and sex. So, in actual fact, it's more adult than childish although I was only 13 when i first saw it and i thoroughly enjoyed it as did my 42 year-old dad who is very critical about most films so this really says something. As for the foul-mouthed 12-year old, do not be put off by this as this may not be entertaining but this makes the film what it is and you kind of just have to ignore the use of the C-word in one of the scenes. Even though this film is classed as comedy, it is very dark and even made me cry at one point. The intense blend of action with background music is amazing. This film has the coolest fight scenes i have EVER seen. Anyone in the right mind would want to see this, i recently got it on blu-ray and it astonished me how good the quality was so i definitely recommended it.

A new comic book genre

Author: Attila Duka (MatrixG) from Romania
6 February 2011

I was expecting another some kind of a superhero parody, but no this was different ,this movie had it all, it shocked me, it's way better than I expected.

The movie appears to be a parody but is not , it has much more than that, there are elements from movies like 300, Kill Bill, elements from movies like Spider-Man ,Batman , elements from movies like The Punisher, Street Kings, elements from movies like The Godfather, Goodfellas, elements from movies like Superhero Movie which I think is very underrated, this is a movie with five elements.

Director Matthew Vaughn made a great job assembling these elements and it turn out a superb movie.

Sit back and enjoy.

Kick-Ass simply kicked some ass

Author: Joe from United Kingdom
5 August 2013

A good fun film this one, but don't think this is some kids film (definitely not suitable for youngsters).

Our erstwhile young 'hero' wishes to escape his otherwise dull life and become a 'somebody' and be a hero. So dresses up to be a masked avenger like his comic book heroes. Problem is that he's a dweeb and troubles next to no-one. Along the way, he becomes a web sensation, gets caught up with a real hardcore vigilante father/daughter act and some big money villains.

The film magnifies everything. The violence is very violent, the jokes are very funny, and the language can be very coarse. Some of this will upset a few but it's not trying to ape any family friendly fare, but be very left-field.

The actors are near perfect for their roles, with a young 11-year-old girl stealing the film from all others with an incredible performance as being more kick-ass than anyone else there.

The soundtrack is brilliant, and you'll love the ride.

You have to give this a go. One of the most original and entertaining graphic novel conversions to the screen yet made. Recommended.

dude ... that is one GAY looking taser...

Author: gorgeousara
2 July 2011

I LOVED and i mean LOVED kick-ass! it has become my favorite "supe hero" movie EVER! ironically the super hero in this film is far from super, but that's what makes this movie so special and amazing! my favorite character would have to be HIT GIRL/Mindy, she was incredible in her role, she portrayed it so skillfully and perfectly. the character of Hit Girl was so complex, she was the obedient daughter who has a great relationship with her father and she was also a cold blooded killer machine. the perfect combination. now i'm not gonna forget about kick-ass himself, his bravery and how naive he was surely made this movie even more amazing, i don't think anyone would've pulled the kick-ass role better than Aaron Johnson who's proved he's more than just a "sex god". the plot was complex and VERY unpredictable which is rare in the "nowadays" movies. so i'm gonna give this movie a 10/10 because it most definitely earned it

Awesome!

Author: Mr-Smithy from United Kingdom
7 August 2010

First of I would like to say that this movie is entertaining, funny, incredibly smart and very well written and that anyone who disagrees is strange. It is not a movie designed to be taken seriously or to be watched by people who don't like fighting and swearing, or a good movie!

Sure the acting can be cheesy and the whole thing is controversial but it is simply a joy to watch. It is something I could never get tired of having seen it about 4 times.

The fight scenes are amazing to watch and the movie is action packed from start to finish.

The best word to describe this film is awesome!

Acting: 9/10 Story: 9/10 Effects: 10/10 Language: 10/10 Humour: 9/10 Realism: 0/10

Overall: 10/10 (DONT ASK HOW I WORKED THAT OUT)

Wonderful!

Author: L HH from Vietnam
15 December 2013

I expected a lot. And I wasn't disappointed, at all.

Come on, be honest with yourself. Who wouldn't at one time wish to have some kind of superpower and become a super hero? I personally love Iron Man and the X-Men series and always dream of becoming a superhero. This movie fulfills all kinds of fantasy.

It's not the content that matters. It's how the director handles a very original concept, and breaths air into every character.

I love Hit Girl. She is beyond my imagination. Not once did I ever imagine such disturbingly bloody scenes be performed by a young kid. Well done, girl, you are totally the best! Hope she will grow up into an excellent actress, because she sure has potential.

First-Rate Adaptation of "KIck Ass!!!"

Author: zardoz-13 from United States
25 August 2013

This violent, exciting, R-rated, cinematic adaptation of Mark Millar's radical graphic novel about a tyke-sized babe in a mask,cape, and a skirt with a sharp pig-sticker is a total blast. Talk about demented hilarity! A nerdy looking father (Nicolas Cage) teaches his daughter how to be a one-girl killing machine. He goes so far as to shoot her with live rounds of ammunition twice so she can prepare herself for the eventuality that she may be shot during a showdown. As crime boss Frank D'Amico, Mark Strong makes a strong impression. As it turns out, D'Amico framed a cop and sent him to jail for five years. Now, the cop is out of prison and plots revenge against the villain. D'Amico is the ultimate villain who heads up the mafia in the Big Apple. His lame-brained son insists that his father show him the business from the ground up. Meantime, D'Amico doesn't think that his son has the balls to be in the business. If you like no-holds-barred action, "Kick Ass" will kick your ass!!!