IMDb > Seven Pounds (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 58:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Definitely worth seeing!!

Author: datdudesketch from United States
17 December 2008

I don't give out 10 stars easily unless it's a film that can keep me guessing. A film that will make me want to see it through to the end, not because I paid hard earned cash, but because I truly care about the characters and where they're going to end up. If you like me, then you're going to want to see this one.

Will Smith has always been an interesting actor for me. I watch everything he does because I'm a huge fan. I must admit that the idea of him playing another heartbroken, distanced from the world individual (Hancock, I am Legend) made me a little annoyed, but this one was a home run. The character Ben Thomas is such a mystery that you want to know what he plans to do; for others, for himself, etc. As the story unfolds, so does his intentions and not in a really simplistic way. He's a complex person, but not so much that he aggravates me. He's intriguing.

The connection between Will Smith and Rosario Dawson is so well done and so believable. This is how it's supposed to be done. There's a chemistry in their acting that I haven't seen in about 10 years or so. I'm not exaggerating. I haven't seen too many films where the chemistry is genuine; kudos to the both of them.

It is very touching and sad, yet heartwarming. Geez, did I say that? I walked away from this one feeling good. That's what it is in the end. A feel good movie.

Unexpected

Author: nihilisticChild
19 December 2008

Let me start by saying I didn't care much to see this movie. Although the trailer left much to the imagination it looked quite boring.

The majority of the movie is mysterious, slightly confusing and will have you guessing a lot. It's almost hard to believe so many loose ends could be tied up as it nears its ending, but it does, and it does so beautifully. Everything culminates in this magnificent ending that will make you want to tell everyone you meet to go see this movie now.

Also, I'm the kind of person that is not easily moved. As a matter of fact I can't even remember the last time a movie made me feel something the way this one did.

I rank this as one of the top movies of 2008, along with TDK and Slumdog Millionaire. And definitely somewhere on my all time top five.

Simply Beautiful

Author: radiopearl from Canada
28 December 2008

This is the first time I have ever posted. I saw this movie and it made me want to post. IT seems Seven Pounds is getting a lot of negative press and I felt like I need to do my part to let some people know that this movie is SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! For me, this was a rare movie that stays with you. I found everything about this movie beautiful..the acting, the music, the directing and especially the beautiful story. A story of giving..sacrifice with purpose. I am not the biggest Will Smith fan, but I must say that his performance for me was ASTOUNDING. I felt his pain and was moved by what his character was doing. This is not a easy story to tell in 2hrs and I think they did a really fantastic job. This movie will not be for everyone...it moves slowly and may be confusing..until you figure it out...then the reality of his purpose will crush you emotionally and at the same time it is so beautiful....SWEET PAIN (it did for me anyway)....Seven Pounds is a wonderful movie that will stay with you long into the night and next day.....Thanks

Shakespeare of today.

Author: rstone-27 from United States
18 December 2008

If this movie doesn't touch every sentimental nerve in your body and reach to the core of your soul, you are not human. This movie will touch your heart in places you never knew existed. Each of us has seen those movies that reach deep within and cause the light tear to seep out of corner of our eyes and we quickly wipe it away and hope no one sees us. You will indeed be seen crying on this one. You will need a box of tissues. I do not know how or what the so called self critics are seeing, but I don't think it's the same movie I just finished watching. Yes it's a little slow, but its real. This is a human in tune with what he wants and doesn't let ANYTHING stop him from completing what he started. It's a Shakespeare tragedy in today's society. A movie you should definitely see. 9 out of 10.

Oscar material

Author: GBarraxjr from Lexington, KY
25 December 2008

If this film doesn't get nominated for an Academy Award, there is no justice. It was an astonishingly good film. The storyline unfolds piece by piece and keeps you guessing until the end, trying to figure out who this character is and what he's up to. The juxtaposition of such a dynamically humanitarian man being an IRS auditor is the first thing that piques your interest and the mystery grows from there. In order to be an excellent film, you need a good story, good screenplay, and good acting. Seven pounds has all that and more. The story was upheld by outstanding performances by Will Smith, Rosario Dawson and Barry Pepper. It's more than a touching film. It's one of those rare films that actually makes you take stock of your life and reexamine your priorities. Kudo's to all involved.

Made me cry!!! Movie I can't forget!!!

Author: kishan-krish from India
19 December 2008

Seven Pounds follows the story of Ben Thomas, an IRS agent on a mission to redeem himself from a haunting secret. We follow him on his mission to seek out seven strangers in desperate need of help. Ben's plans are complicated when he meets and falls in love with Emily (Rosario Dawson), a young woman with a terminal heart condition. Italian director Gabriele Muccino brilliantly pieces together a tragic modern day Shakespearian love story, weaving between the present day and glimpses into the dark past. Seven Pounds is not a kick back and zone out film, you have to work as an audience member to put all the pieces together. The more you allow your mind to work in this film, the more you will get out of it.

Simply, WOW !

Author: jasonandnick6 from United Kingdom
23 December 2008

This movie is one of the best films i have ever watched by far. The direction of the film along with the acting was simply world class. It's an emotional roller-coaster. Yes it is slow, yes it gets a little boring, but whilst your watching the movie your always taking in the story line and my does the movie make up for it in the last 30 minutes when the jigsaw is put together and the full plot is revealed. I think this movie is actually better than The Pursuit Of Happiness which most will know was also a very good film. Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, Woody Harrelson, Michael Ealy and Barry Pepper all deserve awards with there 10 out of 10 performances. This movie for me is a must see, i am still actually getting over the film as it quite simply blew me away.

10/10 easy

Incredible

Author: knuckles_and_sonic from New Zealand
29 December 2008

This film blew me away. The acting was superb, the story was heart wrenching and I truly believed in the characters. Some of you may say that this film is just another in a list of movies such as Pay It Forward.

This is a fallacy. This film here grabbed me from the start and will stay with me for weeks. It's a very powerful film and Will Smith and the rest of the cast deserve our applause and respect for playing their roles so well. Credit to the scriptwriters and director for also allowing this film to exist, it was amazing.

A definite must see film and one worthy of nomination for awards.

I don't think i ever been this moved by a movie....Magnificent

Author: taislyager from Denmark
3 January 2009

This movie... is amazing. Not even watching "The green mile" and "Million dollar baby" did i get the same feeling i do off this. This is truly a masterpiece.

I wont go in to detail about the movie, since there is already a lot of comments here to get that information. No, i wright this comment ( my first ever) because i wanted to express myself. This is my new favorite movie, and if you don't go see it, you misses out one a truly amazing experience. I think i cried to 1 movie before, not a lot of crying, but still and that was green mile. But this.. this movie got me crying for real. The sacrifice Ben (will smith) makes in this movie is truly a gift for the people he does it too. I don't think i said to much to spoil anything, i hope not, cause that will be me taken the joy out of what is a amazing movie.

Now, after you read this, you should go buy this movie (when it comes on DVD), and watch it. And treasure it, and maybe it will bring something to your life, as it has to mine.

Love Tais.

Best Will Smith Drama Yet........truly moving!

Author: newyorktalk from New York, NY
25 December 2008

Great frigging film.

Let me put that more eloquently.....frigging fantastic.

I was really moved by this work.

It was touching on so many levels.

and the acting and performances were nuanced, layered and authentic.

from all players.

really, really great work that brought tears to my eyes...more than once.

I won't go into the plot of the film. Just see it. The less you know the better.

Will Smith's best work to date. The man has so truly grown and CONTINUES to grow as an artist (and human being) - that's the part that really amazes me.

Excellent work by Mr. Will Smith. (and Rosario and Woody Harrelson and Barry Pepper, et al...)

Page 1 of 58:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]