Actress, director and screenwriter Nicole Garcia is to preside over the Jury for this year’s Caméra d’or award for the best debut film at Cannes.
Garcia, who has presented a total of seven films at Cannes as both actress and director, first came to attention in Bertrand Tavernier’s Let Joy Reign Supreme in 1975 and subsequently worked with directors Henri Verneuil (Body of My Enemy, 1976) and Laurent Heynemann (The Question, 1977).
In 1979, her performance in Philippe de Broca’s Practice Makes Perfect earned her popular acclaim and a César award for best supporting actress. She went on to work with the greats of French cinema including Alain Resnais (My American Uncle, 1980), Bertrand Blier (Stepfather, 1981), Claude Lelouch (Bolero: Dance of Life, 1981), Pierre Schoendoerffer (A Captain’s Honor, 1982), Claude Sautet (Waiter!, 1983) and Claude Miller (Little Lili, 2003).
She made her behind-the-camera debut with Every Other Weekend in 1990, followed by The Favorite Son in 1994. She has directed seven films, of »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Rosser)
Similar News ItemsSteve McQueen (III)
- Brett Morgen: The Making of 'Montage of Heck's Mad Scientist (From Hitfix. 1 May 2015, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Far From The Madding Crowd's' Carey Mulligan 'constantly fighting' not to sing in movies (From Hitfix. 30 April 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Carey Mulligan on Her Tony Nom and ‘Far From the Madding Crowd’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- What’s Up Doc?: Kent Jones, Asif Kapadia & Luc Jacquet Head to Cannes (From ioncinema. 1 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: 29 April 2015 (From MUBI. 28 April 2015, 7:02 PM, PDT)
- Only Lovers Left Alive: A Vampire Flick That Isn’t About Vampires (From Boomtron. 28 April 2015, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Shakespearean Trilogy to be showcased at next week’s New York Indian Film Festival (From Bollyspice. 29 April 2015, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 'The Apu Trilogy' Trailer Highlights the Necessity and Power of Film Restoration (From Indiewire. 29 April 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Israeli Helmers Join Call On Locarno Fest To Drop ‘Israel Film Focus'; Tessa Ross Quits National Theatre: Global Briefs (From Deadline TV. 17 April 2015, 7:19 AM, PDT)