IMDb > 7 Below (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Horrible

Author: owen420 from Canada
7 May 2012

Awful movie, If you would like to see a movie that makes no sense at all in the end then by all means give this one a go.

It is probably the worst movie I have ever seen and I have watched a fair bit of bad stuff in my days.

This movie made absolutely no sense at all, The editing was horrible, the screenplay terrible, the acting was brutal.

Anybody who says this movie is good must not get out much, I strongly recommend avoiding this thing like Cancer.

What I wouldn't give for the last 2 hours of my life back!

I don't know how they sat down and decided to make this, I am still sitting here scratching my head.

I mean they could have taken it in quite a few different directions to make it a bad movie, but this is just plain AWFUL!

This was really an acting class going on an outing, right?

Author: davidfurlotte from Canada
2 May 2012

I am still not sure what part of this production was the worst.

You had poor script with dialogue that could have been better crafted by my cat.

Actors; QUALITY actors, that must have been drunk or high while this was being shot to give such incredibly bad performances. Either that or after they had signed the contract, they read the script and decided this thing was so bad they weren't even going to try.

On the acting side, the ONLY person in this entire movie that actually did some credible acting was Luke Goss, but one actor in a relatively large group cannot carry the entire movie. Good try Luke, too bad about your co-stars.

The sound was outrageously mixed. I'm betting the sound engineer was some kid who was brought in because the mixing console was brand new and he wanted to learn how to use it and was given six hours to put the whole thing together.

I loved how the writer telegraphed every scary scene in the movie so well that it was impossible for you to not realize that you were shortly going to be shocked. Problem with that is that it kind of minimizes the shock value when you're sitting there saying, "Oh, here's a scene with a mirror, that means we're going to have a ghost appear shortly."...then you do a countdown from 20 and VOILA....ghost appearing in the mirror behind the actor or actress.

The overall plot had a kernel of a good idea but it required a good writer to grow that little kernel into a full blown food producing plant.

This whole thing reminded Me of a bunch of people getting together and they're all saying, "Oh, we have to do another boring movie. Okay, well, if I HAVE to do it, okay, but I'm not wasting my time on putting any effort into it." If you have not seen this movie yet and have gotten to this review, please give it a pass. If you don't, you can't say that all of us who have taken the time to review this movie haven't warned you.

You were right, Gaz... this is abysmal!

Author: BA_Harrison from Hampshire, England
28 June 2012

There seems to have been some confusion about the meaning of the title to this film, with viewers quite understandably (but wrongly) assuming that it somehow relates to a sub-zero temperature. My understanding is that the number refers to the seven people that we see at the beginning of the film—the six people in the van, and the cashier at the garage—and that the word 'below' alludes to the perpetual 'hell' in which they are trapped, which in this instance is an eternity in the presence of Ving Rhames and Val Kilmer as they give possibly the worst performances of their careers.

Not that Rhames and Kilmer are the only ones at fault in this unmitigated supernatural disaster: the majority of the blame must go to writer/director Kevin Carraway, who clearly had no idea how to develop his script beyond its trite 'we're all doomed to repeat our torment forever' initial concept, the result of which is an hour and a half of utter nonsense (filled with terrible characters and risible dialogue). If the driving force behind the whole film is unable to adequately explain what the hell is going on, then what chance do the cast have? And, consequently, what chance do the viewers have? Suffice to say that the film is incredibly dull, very frustrating and leaves many questions unanswered, the most obvious being 'How the hell did this garbage ever get made?'.

N.B. Two of the prop newspapers have grammatical errors in their headlines; they couldn't even get that right!

Crappiest piece of crap from crap town

Author: apmills29 from United States
17 June 2012

Can't believe I lasted 48 minutes in.

I will gladly post my address so someone can come over and punch me in the face for actually attempting this to enjoy this movie.

The plot is horrible. The actors are horrible. Val Kilmer is HORRIBLE. I also loved sitting through the opening credits with 15 production companies logos going across the screen. 2 of which have the word "fish" in them. My wife and I wanted to sit down and watch a scary movie on a rainy day. Now I have to suck it up and go get another movie. UGH......

Stay away if you aren't willing to waste your life away.....

Awful movie

Author: goomvangypoo from United States
4 May 2012

What a waste of time this one was. Val Kilmer is a fat washed up actor these days. The movie was so weak it was painful to watch, the acting was terrible. What was up with the sex scene in the beginning then nothing close to a R rating in the rest of the movie - did they just shove that scene in the beginning to get a R rating so audiences would think the movie is scary or what - what is the point. The movie did not start out good and get progressively worse, it started out bad and stayed bad. Must have been a really low budget as all they needed was a van in the beginning and then a house to film the rest of the movie. Bottom line don't even waste your time.

Clichés at its best!

Author: mystery_hunters13 from United Kingdom
13 April 2012

if you show this movie to a two year old, even he will describe you every scene before it appears on the screen! this is one typical Hollywood B- grade movie. Acting is bad, dialogues suck and story (you kidding me!!). I've never been a big fan of Val kilmer but when he's the senior most actor, there is no point in killing him early. If you are planning to go watch this movie in theatre, don't. if you are planning to buy the DVD, don't. If this movie is playing on TV and you get to see it for free, watch it only if you have nothing else to do. I gave it 3 , just for some typical horror scenes, nothing much to discuss about this movie.

So much potential wasted

Author: Toocooltoobefooled from United States
26 April 2012

This movie could have been a very good horror flick, good actors, decent creepy premise, but alas it's not to be. What a waste. Horrible writing killed this thing. The plot is a complete mess. The ending doesn't know what it wants to be or do. It's a shame that they couldn't come up with a better script than this. I know 5 year olds that have wild imaginations that could be turned into amazing scripts. What a shame they spent the money on Rhymes and Kilmer and then wrote the script over a weekend, but forgot to spell check. This movie is all over the place and the ending is trying to be one thing then another. A total mess.

This movie needed more special effects.

Author: Mike Jones from United States
7 April 2012

I thought the movie started off great,we got to know the characters,I'm only familiar with Val Kilmer and Ving Rhames.As the movie went on it seem like it started to lose it's momentum,like the writer got confused with his own story line.I don't remember seeing any promotions for this movie.The scenery was great but the plot got lost in the shuffle to the point by the in of the movie it was just confusing and to me didn't make sense,and I felt the end of the movie could have been done better.This is a movie I believe the writer lost his way half way through the film.It's good for a one time watch,more money with more special effects would have made it a more worth while watch.I don't believe there will be a sequel.

Awful doesn't even begin to describe this film.

Author: seans_life from Canada
4 August 2013

Easily tied for worst movie I have ever seen and may be the worst. I thought the acting throughout was horrible other than what the people involved in the actual murder event did at the beginning and in later flashbacks. That was all that was good. The soundtrack to this thing awful. The lines the actors had to say at times simple, pathetic with nothing that would really grab you and I definitely think they were handicapped by the lines given to them but you could also see that some were just plain bad actors/actresses. I honestly can't believe they were given $6 million to make this garbage. This is easily tied with what I consider one of the worst films ever which was Freddy Got Fingered. The only good thing in that movie was the scene with Tom Green rolling around with a dead deer or something and that honestly I tried to laugh at but it was just creepy.

Seriously if I could give this film a zero I would.

Do not watch this even if it is given to you free which lucky for me it was as part of a rental deal at Family Video where I got 3 free movies for renting a video game mid week or something like that.

In regards to the title of this movie I can't even figure out why it is called this nor do I really want to spend any time figuring out why it is called that because who honestly cares when this movie is just so bad !!!!

Avoid this movie at all costs.

Horrible Script

Author: loomis78-815-989034 from United States
18 May 2013

A group of unrelated people get in a car accident in the middle of nowhere and are rescued by Jack (Ving Rhames) who tells them a massive storm is moving in and his house is the safest place. Once at the house the group slowly discovers that a series of murders took place 100 years ago at the house and they are all current day versions of those lost souls and are doomed to repeat it. Or something like that. This impossibly bad story and screenplay by Lawrence Sara and Kevin Carraway (who is also the Director) is a complete mess. Frustratingly vague in details and full of plot holes, this reasonable cast of decent actors also including a slumming Val Kilmer is tedious beyond belief. Every attempt to get scares and jumps from the audience fails miserably. The huge storm that drives them to the house in the first place turns out to be a little bit of rain. If any of the characters would think logically for even 60 seconds in this film it would be over. The final scene has a confused Adam (Barr) pleading with Jack (and overacting Rhames) that he doesn't understand what is going on and to explain. Why she he get off so easy? The audience had to put up with 90 minutes of what the hell is going on. Not so fast Adam, you have to suffer like the rest of us. This obviously had some sort of budget to lure Ving Rhames and Val Kilmer to it, but it is a complete flop.

Page 2 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]