Jack Squad (2009) Poster

(2009)

3 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
This Movie Was Really Good
Terrance Johnson19 May 2009
I enjoyed it, and the great thing about this country is that we are all entitled to our own opinion, there are plenty of other movies out there that I thought were sorry as h*ll but other people said they were great. This movie was enjoyable, and it kept me entertained for a couple of hours. I liked the premise of the story and thought it was well executed. Never saw the ending coming and thought it was a nice little twist. The lead girls in the movie were hot and the acting was pretty good. I watched this movie from beginning to end nonstop. No expectations of it being a blockbuster, best movie ever, have to watch it, unmissable etc etc etc. Gave it a chance and for me it delivered. Just a pure suspension of belief, sit down and be entertained movie. If you are seeking something more than that then you probably need to pick up your typical Hollywood Movie, with the same rehashed stories over and over.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Too long for the story it tells
dbborroughs17 May 2009
Trio of girls needing money decide to seduce rich men, drug them and then take their money, but things don't run smoothly and it isn't long before they are in over their heads.

Maverick Entertainment release is one of their lesser films. Not really bad, its just not very good with the uneven performances and shot on video format giving the film a sense that this is little more than a glorified home movie. I think the film would have been better had it been a bit more to the point, running over two hours makes this too much of an okay thing, with scenes that just seem to go on.

Its not going to kill you if you see it, but at the same time I don't think you'll really make it to the end if you do watch it, I had a hard time doing so but left it on because I was doing things around it. Had I not been watching it on a DVD I probably would have started channel surfing.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nice
GraysonVisuals30 June 2009
I'm a filmmaker also and I got this video to see what's out there in the independent game.I was surprised by the video look of the movie, but once I got past that , it was an enjoyable couple of hrs. Well done.I would have like to see more back story on the main characters and also" Gray" the gangster overlord. For all practical purposes it was a good script and the acting was on point.. the lead girl "GINA" was really good and id like to see her in more roles if possible. Overall Ill give the movie a 7/8 for general presentation. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this company.The box cover was great and the overall feel was good.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this