IMDb > Perfect Lover (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Perfect Lover More at IMDbPro »The Woman Every Man Wants (original title)

A hidden treasure! Must see!

Author: DSAIDY from Tarzana, CA
16 October 2001

I had the pleasure of seeing this movie at the Big Bear International Film Festival, and I must say that it was by far the best feature film that I saw during the entire festival! Ryan Hurst is truly becoming one of Hollywood's finest young actors, and it was prominently displayed in this film. Daniela Lunkewitz has star written all over her, and I feel that she will become a huge star within in the years to come. The film has a wonderful cast (although it lacks supporting stars) , and the precision of the writing kept me interested and laughing throughout the entire film.

I have never seen the subject of feminism dealt with in such a creative way, and this is coming from a man! I'm not quite sure if this film has distribution, or if it can be seen in theater's or rented on video, but if you have the chance to check it out, I certainly recommend it to any adult audience.

Fun and creative

Author: Brandon Chance (closefocus@hotmail.com) from West Hills, Ca
18 October 2001

I don't know why this film got a 3.7. I saw it at the Big bear film fest and it was one of the most innovative and imaginative independent films I've seen in a long time. Maybe people that have seen this think it is a huge 100 million dollar Hollywood film, and that it should have the production values of such a film, which it doesn't, because that's not what this film is about. It's about clever writing, good acting, and a funny story that makes you think. If you have a chance to rent this or see it at a festival, give it a try... you will probably be presently surprised. SLIGHT SPOILER: Any film that starts out with the (female) president of the United States proclaiming that she "did not have sexual relations with that young man..." has got to be good!

Falling in Love with Futurities

Author: yang10827 from Los Angeles, California
24 July 2001

After seeing the disastrous "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence," this truly is a breath of fresh air--satirical and funny. Director, Gabriela Tagliavini, has concocted a genuinely smart storyline which is full of mockeries and (did I say?) a twist. The wild selections of costumes and make-ups actually have very contemporary looks, which suggest that female domination has gradually evolved (we don't have to wait 'till Year 2030 to find out). Best of all is Mr. Ryan Hurst. He renders such a comical performance that I think the next Jim Carrey is in the making.