The Rated-R Superstar Edge attempts to do the unthinkable by becoming the first man to ever defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania. For the second year in a row, Undertaker is looking to ... See full summary »
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES - Kane and Big Show (c) vs Carlito and Chris Masters. MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Rob Vam Dam vs Finlay vs Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley.... See full summary »
The hottest divas of World Wrestling Entertainment compete in a lingerie contest at The World in New York City. There's a tiny teddy contest, a bra and panties contest and a "Fantasy Free-For-All" contest.
Dawn Marie Psaltis
The toughest wrestlers in the world, get together with the hottest babes in professional wrestling to bring you two hours of exciting WCW Monday night action. High flying moves, chair shots... See full summary »
This wrestling show quickly grew into one of the most popular sports/entertainment shows ever. In addition to presenting matches between the stars of the WWF, this program spent most of its time on the elaborate backstage story that had developed, involving feuds, deals, backstabbings and romances between the wrestlers, managers, referees and commissioners. Written by
Jean-Marc Rocher <email@example.com>
The "Austin/McMahon" saga that entered the WWF into its new era began on the December 08, 1997 episode of "Raw", when Stone Cold knocked WWF owner Vince McMahon from the ring apron. See more »
The Rock is gonna lay the smackdown on your candy ass! The Rock is gonna go down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right at Jabroni Drive, and proceed to check your candy ass in at the Smackdown Hotel. Know you role and shut your mouth. If you smell... what the Rock is cookin'!
See more »
The show does not have any credits beyond an opening title sequence and a copyright notice at the end of each hour. See more »
Worst move in WWE history - turning itself into PG candy-floss
Wow, even American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance have more adult stuff now than WWE ( at least the auditions has a number of people abusing the judges) and here is WWE, plodding with one of the worst moves in TV history, by changing itself into PG. Now when I switch sometimes to see what's going on, this is what I get:
1) Hornswoggle, the ugly midget sharing his space with the main eventers for apparently no reason except for thrilling the young fans and of course beating Chavo Guerrero, a capable wrestler, in every match
2) A guest host (arghh....!) every week to spoil the teaspoon of fun which was otherwise present. All these host are cheap B-grade celebs trying to catapult to fame again, by cracking horrendous, 5 year old jokes and making silly references.
3) Cryme Time and a female wrestler (forgot her name, most probably Eve) giving lessons on various "street" words (sob) which are neither street nor cool. They were fun before, stealing stuff and being loud mouths.
4) The divas are clad in unwatchable outfits, tying their best to look "sexy, smart and powerful (by the way, I hate this catchphrase) Remember when Torrie, Trish and Sable were there? Those were the times. Plus these divas are bad wrestlers, which adds to the misery. I have seen some old matches of WWE in Vintage collection and the divas over there were "professional" not amateur.
5) PG move restricts so many things: almost no blood during matches, DX being terribly irritating, John Cena doing even more of his patriotism act, crowd containing many children (who are so annoying), almost no "heels" etc
6) And yeah, why keep PPVs so often. One in every month, have they lost it? No actual feud or rivalry is ever created and the ones that are done look fake and just-till-the-PPV-gets-over ones.
7)Vintage Michael Cole and a few of his quotes:
" Ladies and Gentlemen, you are watching the longest running television show in history" (every week"
" The BRUTAL and VICIOUS assault by (he doesn't use it for anyone else) Randy Orton/Legacy"
" A vicious attack on Stephanie McMohan, Triple-H's husband!!!???"
WWE is now almost towards its demise. Hope Vince gets up from his slumber and does something ( bring back the TV-14 or attitude era) 2 out of 10 for the current state of WWE.
32 of 42 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?