IMDb > "WWF Raw" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"WWE Monday Night RAW"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"WWF Raw" More at IMDbPro »"WWE Monday Night RAW" (original title)

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Worst move in WWE history - turning itself into PG candy-floss

Author: sashank_kini-1 from India
27 November 2009

Wow, even American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance have more adult stuff now than WWE ( at least the auditions has a number of people abusing the judges) and here is WWE, plodding with one of the worst moves in TV history, by changing itself into PG. Now when I switch sometimes to see what's going on, this is what I get:

1) Hornswoggle, the ugly midget sharing his space with the main eventers for apparently no reason except for thrilling the young fans and of course beating Chavo Guerrero, a capable wrestler, in every match

2) A guest host (arghh....!) every week to spoil the teaspoon of fun which was otherwise present. All these host are cheap B-grade celebs trying to catapult to fame again, by cracking horrendous, 5 year old jokes and making silly references.

3) Cryme Time and a female wrestler (forgot her name, most probably Eve) giving lessons on various "street" words (sob) which are neither street nor cool. They were fun before, stealing stuff and being loud mouths.

4) The divas are clad in unwatchable outfits, tying their best to look "sexy, smart and powerful (by the way, I hate this catchphrase) Remember when Torrie, Trish and Sable were there? Those were the times. Plus these divas are bad wrestlers, which adds to the misery. I have seen some old matches of WWE in Vintage collection and the divas over there were "professional" not amateur.

5) PG move restricts so many things: almost no blood during matches, DX being terribly irritating, John Cena doing even more of his patriotism act, crowd containing many children (who are so annoying), almost no "heels" etc

6) And yeah, why keep PPVs so often. One in every month, have they lost it? No actual feud or rivalry is ever created and the ones that are done look fake and just-till-the-PPV-gets-over ones.

7)Vintage Michael Cole and a few of his quotes:

" Ladies and Gentlemen, you are watching the longest running television show in history" (every week"

" The BRUTAL and VICIOUS assault by (he doesn't use it for anyone else) Randy Orton/Legacy"

" A vicious attack on Stephanie McMohan, Triple-H's husband!!!???"

WWE is now almost towards its demise. Hope Vince gets up from his slumber and does something ( bring back the TV-14 or attitude era) 2 out of 10 for the current state of WWE.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely LOVE this show!

Author: Therod from WV, USA
4 August 2001

I know it's cliche now to poke fun at "professional" wrestling. It's contrived, choreographed, and phony as hell in some respects, but you know what? That's exactly why I love it!!!! How can you not get goosebumps when one of your heroes is being pummeled in the ring and then down the ramp comes another superstar ready to lay the smacks down on their roodey-poo, candy . . . well you know the rest. Anyway, "redneck soap-opera," "poison for the mind," "phony sports," etc. Call it what you will but it's still pure sports entertainment and it never pretends to be anything more. Besides, the superstars on there are some of the most athletic people alive today.

a good way to spend two hours.....

Author: Trivianut from texas
18 February 2004

while not exactly intelligent, this show does what it is meant to: entertain. if you want action, and a little in between, this show and smackdown is a good way to spend two hours.......

Raw Really Was A War

Author: Big Movie Fan from England
5 January 2003

Back on March 10th 1997, WWF Monday Night Raw became Raw Is War figuratively and literally.

I believe 1997 was one of the best years for the WWF (now WWE). There were really heated feuds throughout such as The Hart Foundation VS Steve Austin, The Undertaker VS everyone, Triple H VS Mankind and so many others. Raw is War aired during the battle with rival promotion WCW (now defunct). There were PPV caliber matches throughout Raw Is War and there were some fantastic moments. 1998 was a great year too as WWF owner Vince McMahon became an authoritarian figure who feuded with the anti authority Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock was also coming into prominence as a wrestler as was Triple H. There were many other great moments such as the appearance of Mike Tyson, D-X 'invading' WCW, the Owen Hart tribute show and the episode from the 26th March 2001 where Shane McMahon betrayed his father Vince and brought WCW.

Raw Is War became simply Raw after a few years and is still a relatively entertaining program. However, the Raw Is War years really were WAR and worth tracking down on tape if possible.

Under-appreciated

Author: keithpettyworld from United States
31 March 2006

I have been watching wrestling even before Hulk Hogan became a household name and it has constantly been criticized by many who sometimes will not even give the show a chance. What are some of the complaints naysayers have? It is fake, scripted, and unreal. Yes, it is. So is "Friends" and "Happy Days" and other shows and movies. There have been many occasions when RAW has at least had some unexpected turns, some unpredictable moments. How many TV shows out there have had the same rehashed plots? How many shows out there have many been able to predict the ending as soon it starts? RAW is also live and never has reruns. Educated people do not watch this. Untrue. I am well-educated and can quote passages of Shakespeare. I am both a writer and an artist. Many of my friends who like RAW are lawyers and doctors. What used be a "sport" of obscurity is now mainstream. These guys are not athletes. Many of them were NCAA wrestling champs, there is a gold medalist, and others played football in college. These guys have to be in shape and they get hurt, many die at a young age. There are athletes out there in other sports who may not be able to last one week as a wrestler, even if it is fake. It is too violent and filled with sexual themes. HA! So are so many other shows on TV. The WWE is tame compared to some of the reality TV shows and Jerry Springer. And violence? So is the news...very sad, but that is a fact. In an era where Saturday Night Live is merely a watered down version of what it used to be, the WWE is still controversial and innovative at times. These are not all the arguments and I have a lot more stuff to back up why I like the show and why it is highly entertaining, but I just wanted to touch the surface and hit some of the major points.

It's become a disgrace

Author: wmdude1255 from United States
13 September 2010

This has really become awful. The gimmicks are jokes and all the guys look the same. I remember back in the 90's when you had DX, The Hart Foundation, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Billy Gunn and many others. A lot of them wore outfits so you could tell them apart. Now it is very hard to tell who is who. Orton makes me mad because he trying to be the SCSA of today and that will never happen. Another reason this has become bad is that the PPVs have become jokes. The Survivor Series hasn't had in a long time one where it is all elimination matches. In a typical one, you'll have maybe 3 of these matches and the rest are title ones. I don't care about the titles, I want to see the elimination matches! In addition, the same people are in the main events every night. Was nothing learned from the demise of WCW? You have to have new main eventers all the time to keep people's interest. The only way I would watch this now is if they brought back a lot of the old tag teams and gimmicks like Doink the Clown, The Smoking Gunns, The Body Donnas, The Rockers and many others. What they show today is Garbage. The Big Show and the Great Khali couldn't wrestle to save their lives! The BS couldn't wrestle when he was in WCW as the Giant. I'd like to see Hardcore Holly back as well as Al Snow.

Give me an "Oh HELL YEAH!!"

Author: g-man24/7 (klginc@attcanada.ca) from kamloops, b.c Canada
3 December 2000

Raw is war, is without a doubt the BEST Professional wrestling has too offer today. Each week we see into a fictional world, of pumped up superstars performing to their maximum. Pro wrestling has come a LONG way since I started watching in the 70's. Antagonistic, and carefully plotted story lines, fuel an action packed show, Vince McMahon is a genius. With a stable of unbelievable talent, Raw is War plain and simple, make Monday nights not just for Football anymore!! Monday night has become my favourite night of the week,Thursdays as well for Smackdown. WCW just can't compare as far as I'm concerned. No name, over the hill,talent. Raw is war RULES!!!! And "That's the bottom line!!"

WWF is fun

Author: Maniac-9 from St. Louis, MO
23 January 2000

Watching WWF wrestling is just pure fun. People look at wrestling in the wrong context. They act like it's wrong that it's all fake and the matches are staged. Well I say who cares it's entertainment, television shows are all fake too. You don't watch wrestling for the sports degree of it. WWF has the best characters. WWF has great characters like Stone Cold, The Rock, Cactus Jack, Kane, The Undertaker, The Big Show and others.

How The Best TV Show In The World Killed

Author: M MALIK from Pakistan
31 July 2012

let me be honest here i am a 90s kid when there was attitude era till 2003 i was a huge fan of wwe then after then these stupid wrestlers like randy Orton & john cena ruined it the pg era killed wwe.

and my most favorite stars like undertaker & Kane omg what have the done to him.made the most evil guy tuned into a clown.he looses every match. i am not gonna talk about his mask even now with or without it the guy should quit its embarrassing to see him.

even the rock is coming these days on the show but lets face it his time is gone..he cant even insult someone right.

wwe sucks now.i have seen this show for more then 12 years i skipped hundreds of episodes but see a lot of them since 1999..wwe weather raw or smack-down or any big event like wresltemania has become a TV drama or a cheesy film that never ends.its also looks fake now no real action & fixed matches..

people like Vince McMahon & Donald trump makes me sick.too much money these guys have & still don't do good for the world.

1/10..wwe is dead..i wont be watching this show anymore.

Smashing Show

Author: Big Movie Fan from England
17 August 2002

WWF Monday Night Raw (now called simply Raw) started in 1993. In my opinion, 1993 was not the WWF's best year but Raw has been consistently good throughout.

Raw was different when it made it's debut in 1993. Back then, some of the WWF's shows still featured jobber matches but Raw was different because it had all the top stars on it. It followed feuds week by week and Raw was the perfect place to settle a grudge.

Raw has given us some of the best moments through the years. My favourite time was 1997 when Shawn Michaels feuded with the Hart Foundation. You never know what to expect on Raw. Anybody could show up. Anybody could beat anybody else and wrestlers always aired their grievances on Raw.

Today, Raw is as good as ever. No WWE fan should ever miss it.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]