Ford was injured after the hydraulic door of the Millennium Falcon reportedly fell and hit him on the “Star Wars” set at Pinewood Studios in England last Thursday, breaking his ankle. The actor was airlifted to hospital shortly thereafter. Thanks to the film’s ensemble cast, shooting is set to continue and “Episode VII” is expected to stay on schedule for its December 18, 2015 release.
Ford is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the “Star Wars” sequel, alongside fellow original cast members Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill and franchise newcomers including Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver. J.J. Abrams is directing the film.
News of Ford’s “Star Wars” break was first reported by British newspaper The Mirror. »
- Laura Prudom
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Second Trailer for Beatty's 'Rules Don't Apply' with Alden Ehrenreich (From FirstShowing.net. 29 September 2016, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Why is everyone so upset about the live-action Lion King remake? (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Final trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story attached to Marvel’s Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- Portal Movie Announcement Right Around The Corner, According To J.J. Abrams (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams hopes to make a Portal movie announcement soon (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Best TV to Watch in October: 'Westworld,' 'Walking Dead' and More (From Rolling Stone. 29 September 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Must Watch: Fantastic Animated 'Indiana Jones' Adventure Short Film (From FirstShowing.net. 29 September 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Indiana Jones: watch a great animated unofficial movie here (From Den of Geek. 29 September 2016, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Southside With You review – likable account of the Obamas' first date (From The Guardian - Film News. 29 September 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)