The 56-year-old actress filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences." She is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of their 17-year-old daughter Stella, who turns 18 in September.
The estranged couple gave a joint statement to Et, saying, "We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost twenty years marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together."
Related: Guess Who Else Broke Up Today!
This will be Griffith's fourth divorce and Banderas' second. The Milk Money actress was married to Miami Vice star Don Johnson twice (1976; 1989–1996) and to Steve Bauer (1982-1987). Griffith has two children from her previous marriages. She and Johnson »
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Someone Please Help Me Figure Out What's Happening in Selena Gomez's "Bad Liar" Video (From BuzzSugar. 18 May 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Debuts at No. 1 on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Sales Charts (From Variety - Film News. 17 May 2017, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Return as Host for 2018 Oscars (From MovieWeb. 16 May 2017, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Review: Black Butterfly (From JoBlo. 23 May 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- The Furniture: Decorating Obsession in "The Skin I Live In" (From FilmExperience. 15 May 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The Link Has Two Faces (From FilmExperience. 14 May 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Best Memorial Day Sales of 2017 (From E! Online. 24 May 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Here's Proof That Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn's Romance May Date All the Way Back to October (From E! Online. 18 May 2017, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Benedict Cumberbatch to headline new thriller from Luca Guadagnino (From HeyUGuys. 16 May 2017, 5:17 AM, PDT)