Reviews

Miss Bala (2019)
Surprisingly excellent
9 February 2019
I took my wife to see this movie and we both enjoyed it. I never saw Jane the Virgin and have never seen Gina Rodriguez in anything previously. She did a phenomenal acting job in this movie. She brought us in emotionally and was very believable. The action scenes were well done. The movie did not have gratuitous sex, violence or language. There was bad language in Spanish. The end of the movie song for the credit roll was in Spanish and was a poor choice due to the profanity in Spanish. But that was about the worst part of the movie. So just leave at the end of the movie and skip the credits. Some people gave this movie 1 or 2 stars because it wasn't as good as the original. Well, I didn't see the original and if you didn't either, then it really doesn't matter, does it?! The movie was not "action all the way through" as it also had a lot of drama and tense moments. It would only be boring to you if you are looking for nothing but action. This would be a good movie for a guy to take a wife or girlfriend to unless she only likes Hallmark romance programs. If you are a teenage guy and are looking for a movie to take a girl to, then this would probably be a good choice.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What Men Want (2019)
Should be a 0 Star
9 February 2019
This movie was non-stop profanity and vulgarity. If you are extremely immature and tasteless, then you may like this movie. What men want is to be able to take their wives or girlfriends to a movie that isn't constant profanity and vulgar humor. We got up and left the movie. Being funny without being filthy was beyond the ability of this movie. If you are a guy, then do NOT take a date to this one. This is the first time in my life that I felt compelled to write a review on a movie. If you have any standard at all, then skip this one. There are plenty of other movies that are worth watching. Spend your money and time elsewhere. The people that created this garbage should be ashamed of themselves, but they probably are as classless as this movie is and will not comprehend why it is so objectionable.
68 out of 120 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.