Reviews

Chernobyl: Open Wide, O Earth (2019)
Season 1, Episode 3
The makeup is intense
28 May 2019
The drama continues- and so does the deterioration of the bodies of those initially impacted. The makeup used on some individuals is eerie and even hard to look at. It's usually hard for me to be absorbed enough to ignore that everything I'm watching on tv is fake with special effects. But the makeup is that convincing and the story that captivating.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gattaca (1997)
Standing the test of time
16 May 2019
Saw it years ago. Liked it. Now, 22 years after release, still showing it to my Biology Students. It stands the test of time better than Jurassic Park - my favorite movie.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bird Box (2018)
More "The Road" less "A Quiet Place"
1 January 2019
I know the obvious comparisons with recent release AQP but a lot of the early scenes made me think of The Road that I also liked, not loved. More a survival tale than horror perhaps.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good for young kids
23 May 2018
Not sure how educational it is, but the first episode had a mini lesson in it about calling names and making people feel bad/lose confidence. My 2.5 and 4.5 year olds were both entertained and music wasn't bad. It was weird though. Very weird.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring.
23 May 2018
I had high hopes. I fell asleep during my first two tries at watching it. Liked Michael Shannon a lot. Character motivation and overall plot were definitely lacking.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.