Reviews

A Fun Family Film
22 December 2018
This is an original Marvel film that is actually funny. It is not lame laden with what Disney thinks is funny. It is actually funny and adventurous and cute and has pathos. Howard generates more sympathy than any 2018 CGI. Not a fan of the music, but the band members are cute.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Your Name. (2016)
Worthy Of The Hype
22 December 2018
An orgasm for the mind and of course the eyes.This animation is an instant classic. I recommend watching it whether an adolescent or an adult...

By the way, Hollywood has commissioned Mr. Rip Off Jar Jar Abrams to remake it. OH HELL NO!!! BOYCOTT THAT!!!!!!!!!!
35 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I am not convinced
22 December 2018
Mainly because I fell asleep. Why is this film so boring? I mean aside from a menage a trois scene where the girlfriends are actually worth looking at everything else not only transpired so slowly it made little sense as well.

Why anything on screen is happening boggles the mind. Ask yourself why any of the narrative is of consequence and there is a blank page as an answer. That is saying much in a film that tries to be profound.
78 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Karate Girl (2011)
Just Above Average
22 December 2018
This is a Japanese martial arts film lead by two Japanese girls estranged and determined.

The story is good. The actions and motivations are plausible.

The girls are eye candy and are definitely worth looking at.

The acting on the part of the Americans/westerners is weak however. In my imagination I guessed they could not find local western actors in Japan that were any good. That part lets the film down.
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Red Sparrow (2018)
Surprisingly Great Film
22 December 2018
I am assuming this film's source novel is quite good and they managed to stay true to it.

The local Russian pigs are prowling in the night perhaps looking for criminals, perhaps looking for homosexual action or perhaps looking for a quiet place to drink their vodka when they accidentally come across a case of international espionage.

From there we have ruthlessness, sinister plots, beautiful nubile women and non-stop brutality.

Not for the faint of heart.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Be A Person With Class And Taste: Stop Watching These Retarded Movies
22 December 2018
I watched it (do not worry I finally watched it for free). I cringed. It is sad and pathetic. It has nothing to do with Star Wars. "laser swords"???? These films are for 8-year-olds who don't know any better. They are not just not good. This film was insultingly rubbish. It made no sense, had no continuity and shows you Disney Star Wars is like licking a toilet bowl. Wow it was stupid. Disney makes a billion from Star Wars and still needs to bring in Chevron as a sponsor. The video calling portion was sponsored by Skype/Line/Blackberry Messenger/FaceTime.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.