I saw this movie today for the second time and felt that I need to write a review as a viewer. I come to IMDb and I see over hundred comments given ! Enough said about the class of the movie. I am not going to say anything more that my friends have said. I just wanted to jot down the reasons why this film was different from all the other year releases.
1. Great story line said straight from the heart, clean and without any melodrama.
2. Great direction and casting. Aamir proves his strength in direction as well.
3. Wonderful dialogs. Aamir's dialogs to Darsheel's father are all direct and every one of them hits the spot.
4. The story is said from the child's view and not the teacher who helps him. This I thought was the greatest feature of all.
5. The film has a message. It tries to assert the fact that all children, mentally challenged or not, has their own strengths and they must be groomed so that they excel in their strengths.
6. Schools feed a lot of stuff even at a tender age. Children need to have time to explore, innovate, understand and more over PLAY.
7. Parents must care about their children and not their marks or grades.
8. Most of the people relate themselves to the movie. They find that there is some part of himself in Ishaan.
9. Just proves that a film without elaborate sets, without a vast set of actors (say 25 !), without spending a fortune, without having over acting but having a great story line, with a fine piece of direction, with great casting (right people), with great dialogs and presentation, and overall an appalling message would be one of the best films ever made.
Thanks Aamir for this visual treat. Three Cheers
2 out of 5 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.