The Platform (2019)
The definition of a 7 star rating
24 March 2020
The premise is very good and interesting, and the story captures you right away, the acting is solid and the movie overall is definitely worth the time.

It is also dark and bloody but it makes is point and leave you thinking about capitalism, survival and people being people.

However the ending doesn't match the expectations, plot holes are an issue (an issue that can be filled with interpretations) but still I think they could delivered better.
48 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Parasite (2019)
if you haven't seen it for the first time I envy you
16 January 2020
Delightful from beginning to end, opening is way in between genres, loved the pace, the comedy, the ending, the twist, the characters, pretty much everything.

I'm just waiting to rewatch it and pick new details.

if you do (watch it) please do it in the cinema and maybe you will get a crowd like mine that bonded trough the laughs and the shock and ended up talking about it outside.

And If you end up thinking is overrated it's okey, but you will still end up thinking about it for days.
26 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Connects with a slow pace
12 December 2019
With a surprising excellent acting of all of the cast this movie manages to balance tragic and comedy in one piece, it connects with the viewer, especially the ones close to a divorce situation (parents or themselves).

The pace it's to slow at some situations but overall I found it enjoyable.
The Irishman (2019)
Nostalgic
8 December 2019
Irishman is a movie with a dream team that trough the years gave us pure entertainment and they came together to deliver what strikes to me as a love letter to the good times we had spent with them.

The story itself is good, the acting is on point and the filming is as beautiful as expected, but beyond the movie for what it is the fact that we are watching again this stars putting their best and playing their characters in different ages like they were in their prime is worth the time.

Yes, we can argue with its length, or we can miss the action that what we are used to now, but just for the director and actors impact on a decade and on the filming industry is just enough reason to praise this enjoyable piece of art, the good movie itself is just a bonus.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Imperium (2016)
watchable
6 December 2019
A nice plot that has good moments along the way, starts slow and builds okay, but could be a lot more engaging and the climax could've been more thrilling , the acting is okay, but the movie overall is not quite engaging and with different storylines that don't really contribute to the story, watchable but forgettable
Watchmen (2019)
Who watches the Watchmen? I certainly do
29 November 2019
Is this really Watchmen?

I don't care at all, not a fan of the comics and found the movie enjoyable, came across this masterpiece with no expectations and now I find myself waiting intensely for every new episode.

Does It has a political standing, propaganda, personal agenda? Don't care either, this is the era of freedom of speech you can give your point in whatever way you like. But if you give it with an outstanding story, pace, filming and mood, it will hit the core of a lot of people.

It's elegant, entertaining, full of plot twist, every episode is a joy for the human eye. The best part? It keeps getting better and better every episode.This show is pure entertainment pictured in a delightful way that makes me google every character or part I don't understand from the past so I can take most out of this experience.

And if you are mad because it doesn't matches your comic expectations or you can't stand a "political" point of view or race approach different from yours. I'm sorry, put all the 1 star not fair reviews about the show you want, but at the end of the day this is the new Watchmen (the only one for me) and a lot of us are enjoying it big time.
25 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shot Caller (2017)
The Lannister delivers
17 November 2019
Enjoyable movie, good acting, with a good story and good work showing how things can go sideways in a blink of an eye.

maybe some decisions of the character may strike as weird but overall it's a good one.
Delivers
12 November 2019
Butler delivers in the best role I've seen him, the movie itself is action packed and the ending is just on point, a good ride that maybe resembles way to much to "heat" (but in a good way)
Fast paced unbelievable action
12 November 2019
Unbelievable but with good special effects, enjoyable and very fast paced, nice if looking for an action without having to think about plot.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brexit (2019 TV Movie)
More about control than politics
7 November 2019
Outsider of the Uk, watched this movie trying to understand the brexit thing, but ended up thinking about how tec and social media when organized can take a great control in our decisions and predict our behavior, left me thinking about control while giving me some perspective about what happened with the brexit at the same time.

I also liked how I couldn't figure out what was the posture of the director, did he vote leave? Did he vote stay? I couldn't determine if he was bias or not, but the message about control was heard.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marshall (2017)
They played it safe
7 November 2019
An exceptional story with great achievements and with great potential that delivers short in the movie, it could be a heartbreaking drama it could be an outstanding acting film but the played it safe, the cast, the screenplay, the pace, the script was just enough to make it work, yes the film is enjoyable, but without risks, just a great story captured in a regular but enjoyable movie.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good disaster breakdown
7 November 2019
Found it in Hbo changing channels and got a pleasant surprise, loved the story behind the story that I never heard of before, loved the acting (especially James Franco), pace could be better but for me it was a good and enjoyable movie overall.
Fight Club (1999)
Fasten your seatbelts again
6 November 2019
I still remember when I was beginning to flirt on my now 6 years girlfriend, she asked me to recommend her a movie, the next day I gave her this dvd gem, the moment the movie finished she called me shocked and we started talking for hours about the movie greatness.

The second advise I gave her was to rewatch it, the second viewing is a whole new ride picking up details and enjoying it a different way.

Today we watched it again and It still gets me on the edge of my seat, I came here looking for a review that explained my feelings about this movie, but every review I read have a different interpretation of the film, I think beyond the great acting, direction, pace, pretty much everything, this movie hits people in different ways and that's why is the GOAT for me.
The Hangover (2009)
Favorite comedy
3 November 2019
I still remember when it was out and everybody was talking about it, it's clever, it's funny and rewatching it still cracks me up.
Joker (2019)
Can you please introduce me as Joker? Yes Phoenix you've earned it
15 October 2019
Joker it's a great movie with an outstanding Phoenix performance that took me trough the building of one of the most famous villains in the world: "the joker, el guason, el bromas" or whatever you want to call him is an icon of insanity and chaos.

But the movie is a lot more than just the Arthur Fleck character devolpment that lead him into purpose (joker), it's about mental illness, it's about society failing to provide help to the people that are in need of assistance, it's about social disadvantage, and it is filmed beautifully with a pleasant pace.

The comparisons are only a consequence of two great performances, some will prefer Ledger some will choose Phoenix or even Nicholson or Romero, but I value the challenge that both Phoenix and Todd Phillips took making this movie, the moment they decide to make it true they knew it could go side ways like the Jared Leto role, or they could make a really great film that put us all to chose in between brilliant Jokers.

For me I liked Ledger more as the joker but again this movie was about Arthur Fleck and it will be hard to present a better Arthur that one in this movie.

As the Joker when he embraces his insanity I missed some of the Leadger greatness and that's why it's not a 10/10 for me, but overall I loved the outstanding approach, acting and movie.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The dream team
8 October 2019
When you put together Tarantino, DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Pacino, Damian Lewis you have the dream team. It's a great director with a loyal fan base and outstanding actors with a loyal fan base of their own, you know the acting and the screenplay will deliver and you hope for a masterpiece.

But when you have all of the above you are expecting way too much, you are hoping for perfection and you value the movie for its potential and not for its raw material. Superb acting it's just not enough, good music and nostalgic references are not enough and a very good ending won't be enough.

It's a good movie, boring for the people that saw it with me for the most part and I counted 4 people sleeping during most of the film in the cinema, but not for me I like it, I enjoy it, but I left with the feeling that it could be a lot more, maybe my own high expectations did not let me appreciate it, maybe I kept thinking of pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, and django all the way through, or maybe it's just a miss opportunity that only the true western and Hollywood sentimentalists will appreciate from beginning to end.
Half n half
1 October 2019
Nocturnal animals it's a movie that takes a different approach on 2 common story's, a breakup and a crime.

it's a smart movie that tries to tell both story's in one, I liked the acting, and the way the story is presented and glued together, I also found the movie interesting and kept me focused trying to find connections and picking up details between the storylines.

But I liked the Texas crime line better and I felt it faded the main one, so for me it was a nice half movie and a regular half, but overall I enjoy the different approach.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unbreakable (2000)
A weird approach on supers
29 September 2019
I found this movie in 2019 and when I read it was a superhero/comic type my main thoughts were related to Sin City,Marvel, DC, but without the visual effects of now days. I also wanted to watch the approach of M. Night Shyamalan to a superhero movie and what a pleasant surprise.

It's a movie that took me inside the thoughts and feelings of the hero and the villain, and it does it so slightly that there is no need for complex dialogues, the background story of the characters is just right, the duality of good and evil is presented in a unique form that delivers in a great way.

Yes, It's the usual story of the hero fighting with himself when he discovers that has extraordinary abilities, his inner fight that will lead him into purpose, but it is presented in a way that connects with the viewer in a rare but very nice form.

The good ending, the good acting, soundtracks and shooting are just there to complement a very good ride.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Split (IX) (2016)
A Split Commentary
29 September 2019
Split has personalities, one with a great and outstanding acting, another one with a good premise and script, one with a great location for the story that makes you feel that there is no way out, but the last one it's the pace that doesn't merge the different good things of the movie in a masterpiece, is still great and suspenseful but with a different pace and a different approach on the flashbacks it would be a true masterpiece.
Ozark (2017– )
Nice thriller
23 September 2019
Acting good, story good, dialogues good, climax good, it's a nice thriller enjoyable and interesting.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ep1 its a 10, Ep2 it's a 9, 3 it's an 8....
18 September 2019
Started excellent with a nice story, good acting, good jokes and great plot twist, but every episode loses something, I hope it recovers because I love the show ( I'm in episode 5)
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horns (2013)
Meh, it can be watched
18 September 2019
Not boring but not good. It's a bad movie you won't hate.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (2018 TV Movie)
Almost
18 September 2019
A great and ambitious idea, good story, but it delivers half way, something's missing just like the video game in one of the storylines.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pulp Fiction (1994)
This movie tasted like a royale with cheese
10 September 2019
It contains all ingredients: good acting, intriguing dialogues, bloody Tarantino's geniuses and some humor, all combined in a perfect royale with cheese.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lady Bird (2017)
It connects 7/10
10 September 2019
Lady bird finds a way to relate with a feeling or experience growing up as a teenager, Maybe not in the way of a heartbreaker drama or a climax changing movie, but it will deliver with a pleasant acting and a slow pace.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.