Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Current live polls
127. Face-Off: The Two Sides Of Carrey
126. Face-Off: Emma Stone vs. Ryan Gosling
125. Hava Nagila: Favorite TV Jewish Characters
124. Face-Off: Worst Present for Your Child
123. IMDb Hugging Trees
122. Face-Off: The Two Parts of Jerry
121. Potential Nobel Prize Winners in the Cartoon World
120. Somebody Needs A Hug
119. Tale as Old as Time - 423 votes
118. IMDb Poll Board: Happy Ending- 649 votes
117. The Moment Is Gone? - 471 votes
116. Face-Off: I Want to be alone (Horror Edition) - 423 votes
115. Favorite Horror Parody Movie - 3292 votes
114. Mr. Miyagi Words of Wisdom - 371 votes
113. A Pen Story- 419 votes
112. Most Memorable Opening Line from TV Series Theme Song - 936 votes
111. Costanza Opposite Approach - 245 votes
110. I Didn't Mean To Shed a Tear - 686 votes
109. Words Can Hurt - 819 votes
108. Grief and Loss (15 Years since September 11 attacks) - 450 votes
107. Iconic Shots in Animation Movies - 1053 votes
106. IMDb Poll Board: Most Annoying Animated Characters - 917 votes
105. Bad Blake vs Llewyn Davis - 253 votes
104. Mufasa Words of Wisdom - 426 votes
103. Me and the Olympics - 456 votes
102. Cartoon Olympics - 3501 votes
101. The Rainbow Connection - 554 votes
100. IMDb: Donate 10 Million Dollars!! - 1132 votes
99. Best Team of Female Heroes Final - 1227 votes
98. Quack Quack Quack - 564 votes
97. Best Team of Female Heroes- Part 2 - 1313 votes
96. Best Team of Female Heroes - Part 1 - 1335 votes
95. Shy, Insecure, Quiet, Sad and Charlie Kaufman - 479 votes
94. Face-off: Oh, Alison - 386 votes
93. Most Memorable 'Mad Men' Scene? - 291 votes
92. Prince of Egypt Vs The Ten Commandments - 461 votes
91. The Best Environmental Animation Movie - 3485 votes
90. The Four Sons of Cinema - 755 votes
89. IMDb Celebrating 4,000 Live Polls With Time Travel - 531 votes
88. It Don't Matter if You're Black or White - 684 votes
87. Marlon Brando Memorable Quotes - 654 votes
86. My dear poll - 776 votes
85. IMDb Poll Board: Lost in Translation - 696 votes
84. The Silent Brown - 850 votes
83. I'm Dreaming of a White Characters - 1246 votes
82. Ridiculous Reasons for Dumping Your Girlfriends (Seinfeld Version) - 476 votes
81. The Office Women- 544 votes
80. Eighteen Shades of Black - 898 votes
79. Favorite Full House Character - 552 votes
78. Respect The Purple People - 1221 votes
77. I Remember The First Time - 981 votes
76. Face-off: Katniss vs Hermione vs Tris - 4,896 votes
75. Females with Guns - 3,335 votes
74. Jim Carrey Iconic Quotes 1,312 votes
73. Most Ridiculous Idea for an Award - 1,426 votes
72. Life is Not Black and White - 1,507 votes
71. 20 Anniversary: Twelve Monkeys - 545 votes
70. Best Opening Song for Sitcom (With Lyrics) 1,097 votes
69. The Miracle of Hanukkah (TV version) 486 votes
68. This Miracle Happened To Me 740 votes
67. The Lion Sing Tonight 792 votes
66. Bruce Lee Words of Wisdom 521 votes
65. Pink Is For Girls? Not Necessarily!! 1,073 votes
64. Humor and Atrocities - An Ethical Dilemma 531 votes
63. Potential Dictators in The Cartoon World 1,165 votes
62. The 25 Most Voted on Titles on IMDb with Less Than 5.0 Rating 1,147 votes
61. The 25 Most Voted on TV Titles on IMDb with Less Than 5.0 Rating 575 votes
60. IMDb Poll Board: Best Team of Heroes - Final 1,841 votes
59. Best films about remorse and atonement 888 votes
58. Which Movie Characters Do You Feel Most Sorry For ? 2,247 votes
57. Who is Your Favorite Character From Community? 607 votes
56. Most Annoying TV Characters Ever 2,560 votes
55. The stars of The Player 345 votes
54. IMDb Poll Board: Best Team of Heroes - Part 2 1,371 votes
53. IMDb Poll Board: Best Team of Heroes - Part 1 2,335 votes
52. Not a Typical Rat 536 votes
51. The Women of Mad Men 453 votes
50. The End of Birdman (Spoilers) 958 votes
49. Dexter Vs Dexter Vs Dexter 873 votes
48. Most Ridiculous Idea for a Movie Based on a Game 705 votes
47. Which Cartoon Characters Can Replace Human Characters? 1800 votes
46. Invention of the Piano: 360th Anniversary 540 votes
45. My Greatest Hits 1,140 votes
44. Flintstones Vs Jetsons Vs Scooby Vs Yogi Bear Vs Wacky Races 531 votes
43. Your Favorite Rock 2,015 votes
42. IMDb Poll Board: Most Overrated Movies 2010-2015 3,860 votes
41. Best Animated Moms 5,135 votes
ListsAn error has ocurred. Please try again
All the TV series in this list are very popular, but this is a poll for all the people who didn't understand: why all the buzz?
From this list of TV series selected by IMDb users, which is the most overrated TV series (not necessarily the worst)?
Two criteria for overrated TV series:
1) More than 20000 votes 2) Rated 8.0 or more in IMDB
Share your opinion and tell us if you agree with the result - here
Multiple means of communication, new media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), advertising and marketing companies, public relations firms, all these factors contribute to this phenomenon. This phenomenon called "buzz marketing":
"Buzz marketing is a viral marketing technique that is focused on maximizing the word-of-mouth potential of a particular campaign or product, whether that is through conversations among consumers' family and friends or larger scale discussions on social media platforms."**
Today it's hard to find even one mainstream movie that free from "buzz marketing".
So take a few minutes and answer this question: How much "buzz marketing" affects your judgment in choosing movies?
"For the best discussion thread ever click here", "you don't want to miss this discussion!!"
** - from [link]http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/definition/buzz-marketing[/link]
Out of a variety of female characters from movies and television, who do you think is the best role model for females and males?
All characters chosen by members of the IMDb Poll Board.
Face-Off polls- suggestions (2-4):
Face-Off: The Ending of Planes, Trains & Automobiles [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066647928/#1[/link]
Face-Off: Stone and Gosling Collaboration [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066369625/[/link]
Face-off: American Hustle vs. Silver Linings Playbook [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066093305/#1[/link]
Face-off: Favorite Non-human Chef [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls060186006/#1[/link]
Battle of Three: Endings from 1995 Movies [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls035409570/[/link]
The Ending of Dexter [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079385148/#1[/link]
The End of Doubt (Spoilers) [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031167115/[/link]
Face-Off: Oscar vs. Emmy [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063939020/[/link]
Face-off: Girls Power Battle in Nashville [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079178781/#1[/link]
Face-off: Moon vs. Sunshine vs. Mars [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031495034/[/link]
Face-off: Lorenzo Anello vs. Max Cady [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031084447/[/link]
a. Introduction to Japanese Culture [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls062069106/#1[/link]
a2. I Wish...I Wish [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066641021/[/link]
a3. Buzzzzzzzzzzzz [link]http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000088/thread/265077140[/link]
a4. IMDb Celebrating 5,000 Live Polls With Time Travel (Again) [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls062737792/#1[/link]
b. Favorite Steven Spielberg Quotes [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066751513/[/link]
c. 90's Girl Crushes (TV) [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066187151/[/link]
d. Disney Remakes: Good or Bad? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066569960/#1[/link]
f. Best Job Interview Scenes in the Movies [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066271673/#1[/link]
1. IMDb Poll Board: Most Overrated TV series [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079616858/[/link]
2. 25 Common threads in IMDb movie boards [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079356609/#1[/link]
3. Wait a minute, wait a minute, you ain't heard nothin' yet! [link] http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072076455/[/link]
4. Cultivation Theory and Mean World Syndrome [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063134697/#1[/link]
5. Movies About Pedophilia [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033263786/[/link]
7-8. Seventy Years of the Bikini (2000-2016) Seventy Years of the Bikini [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063771584/#1[/link] [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063520709/#1[/link]
9. I wish they all could be Californication Girls [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079202798/#1[/link]
10. From The Jukebox to The Cinema [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079335419/[/link]
11. Actors From the Holy Land [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063724021/[/link]
15. The Life of IMDb User [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063500450/#1[/link]
16. Nudity in Films and You [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079024550/#1[/link]
17. I Want to be alone [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls011650206/[/link]
18. Choose Your Destiny [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls061666471/#1[/link]
19. Movie Sountrack that Make Us Emotional [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033493459/#1[/link]
20-21. Dogs are Man's Best Friend? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074809346/[/link] [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls061614233/#1[/link]
23. Dwarfism and Lord Of The Rings: An Ethical Dilemma [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls036318189/#1[/link]
24. Which Game of Thrones Characters Do You Feel Most Sorry For ? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls061340618/[/link]
25. Department of Health Depression For Cartoon Characters [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033919135/#1[/link]
26. Poll For Beginners [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079809547/#1[/link]
27. How Do You Think You Behave Under Police Investigation? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls076316776/#1[/link]
28. Obama and Game Of Thrones [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls060194625/#1[/link]
29. She is Following Me... [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031127196/[/link]
31. Most Beautiful DOA Female [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls038286126/#1[/link]
32. P-O-L-L - You're the Greatest!! [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059433037/#1[/link]
33. Which Young Movie Characters Do You Feel Most Sorry For? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079119887/[/link]
34. Oh my God! It's a Double Rainbow [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls032859684/#1[/link]
35. In Minority but Proud of it [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls038796793/[/link]
36. Favorite Pillow Fight Scene [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls034986067/[/link]
37. Romance for Females? Action for Males? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033499668/#1[/link]
40. Feminism and The Film Industry [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079269643/#1[/link]
41. Which Animal Characters Do You Feel Most Sorry For ? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079329873/#1[/link]
42. Most Memorable Opening Line from TV Series Theme Song [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079177240/#1[/link]
44. Ethnic diversity and The Academy: Agree or not? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033568521/#1[/link]
45. Males with Guns [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031969784/#1[/link]
48. Political Correctness and Comedy - An Ethical Dilemma [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031437776/#1[/link]
50. Sport Can Be Funny [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031149780/[/link]
51. Face-Off: Worst Present for Your Child [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031381852/#1[/link]
52. Best Ending from a 1995 Movie [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls014316384/[/link]
53. The End of Doubt (Spoilers) [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031167115/#1[/link]
54. Hanukkah TV Episodes [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031781672/[/link]
55. Potential Nobel Prize Winners in The TV World http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031708148/
57. I'm Addicted To... [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072123315/#1[/link]
58. December It's not just Christmas [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls013337661/#1[/link]
59. Celebrities Doing Voice Acting in Animated Films, Good or Bad? [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072523646/#1[/link]
60. The Muscles from Brussels [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079975903/[/link]
61. Biographies of Characters from TV Series [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058362693/#1[/link]
63. 26th Anniversary: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079178451/#1[/link]
64. Bundy Battle [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls079715629/[/link]
66. Ah, look at all the lonely people [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072527123/#1[/link]
67. Donnie, Dark, Darko [link]http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063301569/#1[/link]
Help threads [link]http://titlecapitalization.com/[/link]
Key Threads - IMDb Poll FAQs Index [link]http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000088/thread/224015029[/link]
Discuss here (before it will be too late).
Novel cinematic experience: Movies are like a spaceship and promise moviegoers the glitter, the flash and excitement of a fresh experience through an unfamiliar world or time, a new method of filming, an unusual script, etc. that we haven't experienced before.
Nostalgic cinematic experience: Movies are like a time machine engaging moviegoers by forming a sentimental bond and a nostalgic yearning. Such as remakes of popular childhood movies and TV series, as well as period movies that remind us of the happiness of an earlier time and place.
Given the choice of seeing two equally well-made movies, one offering a novel cinematic experience or one offering a nostalgic cinematic experience, which experience do you find more powerful?
Big big thanks to urbanemovies I couldn't do it without him
Black Mirror: Playtest (2016)
Technology as an escape from reality - another profound episode by Black Mirror
This is my second episode I watched this season, I believe that the best way to watch Black Mirror, is to see one episode every week; only then, you can really understand the message in each episode. Part of the fun, is to have a discussion about the implications of technology through the episode. I believe that, Black Mirror, is essential tool for the modern people, to look at themselves in the mirror - and what unsightly appearance it will be.
This season, it's feel, it's more 'close to earth', however, it's no less scary. This episode is about an goodness American traveler (Cooper), who travel all around the world. Very quickly, we understand, that he escape mostly from himself. He gets many calls from his mom, but he never answered or called her back. The technology give us the ability to connect with our loved ones, no matter where we are, but still Cooper didn't used it. In other words, technology give us an illusion of closeness, but it actually separates us from one another - it's much more easy to say no to your mom, if something come between you - like silver screen.
Like gambling, porn, drugs and alcohol - technology allows us to escape from reality, concern ourselves and repress our problems, but it's not help us to solve our problems, only increases it, and eventually, like with many addicts, the inevitable happen, it's explode - for Cooper, it's happens, in the end of new gaming system he participate. Through Cooper experience, we understand, there is no substitute for personal communication. We do not live forever, and in the end, we will regret about all the times we wasted on soulless devices, and not with the people who really love us.
Like with many Black Mirror episode, the end is brutal: in the game, Cooper come back home, only to see his mom suffer from Alzheimer's and didn't remember his face, it's drive him crazy and he dead, but unfortunately in real life. This's what the technology do to us, transforms us to zombies, physically we are still human, but inside, we are dead.
The Monster Squad (1987)
Cult movie but one big mess
Not doubt, that this a movie have the tag "cult movie" all over is forehead; the strange plot, the wink to classic horror characters/movies & the box-office failure.
For me, it's bad cult movie, just like many films before. The movie is one big mess, for example, it's hard to understand the motives and the actions of the heroes - The Monster Squad - many time it's not make sense. The same villain can be very weak and very strong at the same time, and like the heroes, you didn't understand their decision making. Also it's a child movie or adult movie? I never seen such a confusing movie, there's violence, sexual comments and bad language, but the plot and the characters are childish.
Some people will enjoy the movie, and the producer choose few good decision, for instance, shorten the movie to less than 90 min. I think, the movie have a potential for sequel, with new cast.
In conclusion, it's not the The Goonies.
Respected sequel to the best animation movie ever
It's hard to compere yourself to the first Lion King movie, this's probably the reason why IMDb rating is a little low. It's still one of the best Disney sequel I ever seen. There's nothing to be a shame off, I believe that most Lion King fans will love this film. This time, the inspiration for this movie is the story Romeo and Juliet- the tragedy written by the great William Shakespeare- nothing new here, but still done very well.
Our beloved characters are still hear, only without Scar and the Hyenas. The new villain are enjoyable, I love Nuka the most, he only want his mother (Zira) affection and not matter how much he try, it's doesn't work. I love story between Kiara and Nala (style Romeo and Juliet), we seen more from Rafiki, Pumbaa and Timon and of course adult Simba.
The songs are wonderful, even for non-sequel movies, no Elton John, but they pick great singers for the movie- maybe the biggest surprise.
It's true, the movie don't have the same pace and charm, as the first one, but it's entertainment, with a lot of references to the first movie. The sequel bring honor to the 1994 classic film. Lion King fans will love this one, if they give the movie the chance it deserve.
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016)
Same movie with disappointing casting
We start with the bottom line, there's no big difference between this movie and the first one. The Neighbors movie is a sightly better because of the last part. In this movie they replace the male sorority with a female sorority, I personalty think, that using female sorority for the second movie, is almost inevitable, you need to changed something, bring fresh "food" to the table. Actually the movie had a lot more potential but the casting of the new female characters are disappointing and uninspired. Also, there is no chemistry between them. I thought, which females sorority character I wanted to seen in the next Neighbors movie? and the answer is none of them. Nicholas Stoller, the director, is the blame for this one.
Stoller do the right decision to keep Zac Efron character, who played the silly, childhood grown men, with a lot of charisma and heart. His character, Teddy, manages to evoke sympathy from the viewer and been funny in the same time. Also, once again, Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne work great together.
There's some good jokes in the movie, and most of the time the director agenda didn't hurt the humor and the plot in the movie. I really love some of the jokes, about the double standards (and some less, the tampon scene were too much), it's work fine, until the last part of the film, that is anti-climax and just not funny. There are many talk about feminist agenda in the film, it's half true analyze, because many viewer miss some of jokes about the double standards against males and even jokes about the contemporary political correctness, for example, the 'the female dean' scene and 'the restaurant scene'- it's clear criticism.
If I go back to the start, both movies are overall similar, someone who loved the first movie, will love this. The new casting and the ending are the negative part, but on the other hand, the old casting do a great job and it's still enjoyable in most part.
It's all about trust
I didn't know what to expected from this movie, one thing is certain, I was pleasantly surprised by David Schwimmer movie. The movie is about a teenage girl from a good family that targeted by an online sexual predator. The subject of online predators didn't investigate enough by Hollywood, and Schwimmer do a nice job by raise the issue.
Although the plot focus on the online sexual predator and his victim, the movie is all about TRUST- simple as it sound. How can you live your life, with all the evil out there, and still trust people- not matter if it's a stranger, your daughter, the law enforcement. More than all, the main question is if you can trust yourself?. This's why Trust is more similar to movies like Doubt and Shame, that have a large theme (Pedophilia and Sex Addiction), but the meaning is about a specific emotion or concept (Doubt and Shame).
The movie also focus on father-daughter relationship. Will (great acting by Clive Owen), the father, finds it difficult to trust people, it is quite the opposite from his daughter's character, this's what make their relationship so intriguing. The climax happened in the ending, something change, the characters close the circle and understanding their past mistakes. I am little surprise that no one mentioned the similarities between the movie Ordinary People and this movie, especially the ending.
In a world that people can hide their true identity by using technology, it's hard to feel safe, in a 'fake world', how can you trust anyone? the real scary thing is, that you must have some kind of trust to keep living, you can't conduct your life with permanent paranoia. Without trust, we left with anarchy- Will character is a great example, few times he break the law. This's what make this movie great, it's not masterpiece, but it's make me think, and this alone worth the money.
Not enough drama
Like the movie United 93, the director of this drama movie try to be minimalist as possible, more documentary like than some typical Hollywood drama. In my taste, it's work well for Paul Greengrass not for Tom McCarthy.
It's well made film that deals with an interesting issue but I miss some more drama, It's a fascinating & shocking subject, so it is surprising that so many scenes are boring. Although the main focus is the Press, I hope for more humanity attitude, for example, more focus on the victim. Dramatization is not a necessarily a bad thing in films, a little more scenes who are audience oriented would have made this movie more interesting and overall better.
In other aspects, it's great movie, the actors, script, directing but it's not Network (1976), Ace in the Hole (1951) and All the President's Men (1976).
The most embarrassing episode ever in Lost .
The season 4 of Lost start good until this episode. Everything in this episode from the start to the end , full of bad writing. in this episode we see a flash forward of Kate , Kate goes to trial where the only witness is her mother. I Don't ask from the writer write a episode like Law & Order style , but the trail was so embarrassing that it's looks like a bunch of children playing in fake trail. in the island the things don't going better Kate try to find from Miles what they know about her ,Locke getting little crazy ,the part of Kate and Sawyer looks like really bad soap opera and the end don't make it better.
apparently the worst episode ever in Lost.