Boy Erased (2018)
Aimless
23 August 2019
I was really looking forward to watching this movie but unfortunately it's aimless, boring, and borderline confusing to watch.
Eh
23 August 2019
Started watching without knowing what it was about. When I found out that it was a cheesy romance I stopped watching. If you like this type of movie then you'll like it.
Cute
14 August 2019
This movie is cute and simplistic. Don't expect anything too complex or interesting, but there is a nice story here. It's a bit too long but still.
why
31 July 2019
Admittedly, I only got about 10 minutes into this movie and that's because there is just a random sex scene. Maybe if this scene was later in the movie between characters I actually knew or something, I could've gotten past it, but as it stands its just uncomfortable and unnecessary.
Before I Fall (2017)
Couldn't even make it 10 minutes in.
29 July 2019
The horrible music is mixed horribly loud, and all of the characters onscreen are insufferable and obnoxious and unfunny. Good for you if you managed to get further into this cringe fest than I did, but I won't be revisiting this in the future.
Pointless Remake.
29 July 2019
The wonderful story is intact, but why does this exist? The original is just slightly better in that it doesn't have random bad CG. There's nothing special to make this version stand out.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wobble Palace (2018)
Worst intro ever.
27 June 2019
First impressions are important. This movie has a terrible one.
Lo (2009)
Truly bizarre
25 June 2019
I have no idea what I just watched but I think I liked it.
Adorable
10 June 2019
There isn't really much to this show. Just an adorable fox-girl and cute things happening. Let's be honest though, it doesn't need much more.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
On Board Air Force One (2009 TV Movie)
eh
7 June 2019
Watched this at school and it was dumb. I don't see the point in it
Hereditary (2018)
slow
28 May 2019
Watched the first 23 minutes and nothing happened.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Precious (II) (2009)
Not as good as the book.
16 May 2019
This movie was pretty good. My only complaint is some of the editing. I would recommend it.
Sarazanmai (2019– )
Confusing and Boring
24 April 2019
I watched episode one. The only positive I have is that the animation is really really good. I'm a big fan of weird things, but this is just boring.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
When does the movie start?
18 April 2019
I watched like the first 10 minute and LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS. Maybe something happens eventually? Whoever made this clearly doesn't understand how movies work.
0 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really Slow
18 April 2019
I didn't finish this movie, but I wouldn't necessarily encourage other people to avoid it. The pacing is really slow, and the main characters' methods are kind of annoying. All the technical aspects are pretty good, and overall I wouldn't say its bad, I just didn't really like it.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pinocchio (1940)
Nonsensical
18 April 2019
The only positive that I can give this movie is that the animation is pretty good. There's a few parts that look a little off but I'll give it a pass considering the age.

The much bigger problem is the story. There isn't one. This movie is just a series of random scenes strung together by a "moral" to appear like things are actually progressing. I love movies that are just totally bizarre and weird, but this movie isn't surreal enough for me to enjoy it in that way. It also has way too much filler. Also, the cricket is really annoying. All he does is provide narration of things that are onscreen. Children aren't so stupid that they need to be told that there are things in front of them. Or maybe they were back in 1940? Either way, he is annoying and for the most part unnecessary.

In the end I don't have much to say about this movie. Its just a series of filler and nonsense. I like some of the musical sequences, but ultimately I was just bored watching this. I'd imagine that this movie would scare most children. I would only recommend this to hardcore fans of animations.

Honestly, if you're looking for a better version of Pinocchio, then watch the first two Shrek movies. I'm not even joking. Pinocchio is way more entertaining in those movies than in this one. I'm glad he's in the public domain.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adorable
14 April 2019
Only a few episodes have been released, but so far I'd say that this show is pretty cute and well worth watching.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ao-chan Can't Study (2019– )
Very funny.
14 April 2019
This show has good animation. Its pretty funny if you have a dirty sense of humor. I could see people not liking this though. I would still recommend it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mostly good.
11 April 2019
Before I continue I will say that I watched the English dub. It was the only version available on Netflix, and I'm not sure where to find the original version. Its not the worst dubbing I've ever heard, but its not good.

Overall, I'd say that this is a pretty great story. The setting is interesting, and I like the animation. My only complaint is Julius. He's a terrible and useless character. I despise forced love interests, and he's one of the worst. I wouldn't have minded him as much if it wasn't for the cat constantly saying that they're in love when they have no chemistry. This could be blamed on the dub, but the two of them make out several times and end up getting married. Maybe in the original they don't hate each other and their "romance" actually makes sense, but maybe I'm just being optimistic.

I would recommend this movie.
John Wick (2014)
Truly Cinematic
9 April 2019
While this movie is definitely light on story and characters, there's no way you'd be watching this movie if that's what you were looking for. This is a fantastic action movie filled with perfectly choreographed violence and an epic soundtrack. The cinematography and color palette are what really kept me watching all the way through. This movie is a feast for the eyes of anyone who appreciates great filmmaking. I would highly recommend this movie to fans of amazing shot composition, and action. If you're not too into violence, I would at least urge you to check out the soundtrack, as its great.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilda (2018–2020)
Fantastical.
2 April 2019
I would highly recommend this story for fans of fantasy. While there isn't much of an overarching narrative, and not much happens, there's still lots of enjoyable adventures with unique fantasy concepts. The animation is simple, yet beautiful. I will say though, the story is very slice-of-life. There isn't really anything new or interesting attempted in terms of plot. The setting and atmosphere are good though. The characters are pretty good for the most part, but some are a bit one-note. I can't really think of any character developments that anyone goes through. Don't get me wrong, this show is very enjoyable to watch, but it feels like more could've gone into the overall story and not just the setting and the various wonderful moments that make up the show.

My biggest complaint is the sound design. While the voice acting is all great, the sounds in this show leave a lot to be desired. At first its ok, but once you realize that every sound is a stock sound effect it gets really distracting. Every musical cue is something I've heard in countless other works already. That violin is the worst. If you've heard it, then you know what I'm talking about. It might sound like a small thing to some people, but the music can make or break a scene in some cases. I just finished binging the entire series, and I can't think of a single sound that stood out to me as being unique or interesting. For a whimsy fantasy story like this one, I feel like it could've benefited from a unique score. There are a lot of points where the background audio sounds like a stock phone ringtone or something.

I know I'm being a bit negative, but I still liked this show. It is flawed though.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thunderbolt Fantasy (2016– )
Awesome
30 March 2019
This show has fantastic animation and action and I would highly recommend it. It is totally insane but once you watch it you'll understand its greatness.
Pretty good.
30 March 2019
Overall, this show is pretty good in terms of writing, animation, art, and literally every other aspect. I really enjoy watching it, but for some reason I get bored watching it so I'm just going to stop. Might come back to watch it eventually though. If I do. Then I guess I'll watch the second season. I would recommend watching this show, but I don't have much to say about it.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I now see why no one talks about this movie.
29 March 2019
This movie feels like they either went with the first draft, or they took a perfectly good story and just forced some things in. I want to give the writers credit that Marina wasn't originally going to be in this movie, and that someone behind the scenes wanted to force in a love interest, but maybe it was there at the start. It really feels like the only reason Marina is in this movie is because they needed a "strong female character" but every scene with her feels so impossibly forced. Sinbad has several obnoxious lines about how women can't drive boats and its so cringeworthy. Initially when I was watching the movie I thought that Marina was in the movie so that they could pass the Bechtel test, but then Marina never talks to the goddess so that can't be it. The only reason I can see for her being in the movie is to have one of the most forced love stories I've ever seen. There is only one scene in the movie where you could say that it is absolutely necessary that she be present, and honestly the movie would've played out much better if one or two of the pirates were women instead. Maybe I'm being harsh on her because I despise love stories, especially when the characters in the "romance" have zero chemistry like in this movie, but still she's poorly written and predictable. This movie would be so much better without her.

I'm not really opposed to the animation, but its definitely dated. There's a lot of random continuity errors, and sometimes its hard to watch. Ironically its one of the stronger aspects.

Its kind of annoying how the magic and stuff is never really explained. I watched the movie and I have no idea what the Book of Peace is or what it does. I think its supposed to be a mcguffin, but how am I supposed to feel any tension if the stakes are so poorly explained.

Another complaint I have for this movie is how none of the "character development" feels earned at all. Whenever a character "changes" it feels like its only happening because we've arrived at the part of the movie where that kind of things happening. everything the characters go through it just a cliche and its very cringeworthy. This movie was too short and the script really needed to be smoothed out A LOT.

I don't have much more to say about this movie other than its kind of dumb and forgettable. I will say this though - it is full of cliches. If there is any point in the movie where you think you can predict exactly what is about to happen, chances are good that it will then happen.

The more I think about this movie, the madder I get so I'm just going to stop.
Pretty good.
18 March 2019
Before I get into what I thought of the show, I'd like to let fans of the show know that this is a prequel to the show. For the most part it has nothing to do with the show itself, except that this is about how the world of games was created.

On its own though, I'd say that this movie is pretty good. The beginning is a bit messy, but once it gets everything sorted out, the overall story is good. The animation is pretty great, along with the voice acting and characters. This movie as a whole isn't great, but it has a lot of redeeming qualities and I would recommend it.