Confessing I LOVE IT
5 August 2018
With Vincent Price on board, and endeavouring to do a screenplay of Thomas Dequincey's classic novella: I mean what could go wrong? Look, if you're expecting too much; nor are sufficiently stoned, this might not be your bag, BUT if u love black and white movies, with great acting and not having to rely on SFX to make the show, this will be right up your (dark) alley!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Planet America (2012– )
You don't have to be Australian but it helps
26 July 2018
This is astute comedic political commentary done in a specific style, and is not to everyone's tastes, but it does gives a bipartisan take on the world of American politics (read: Trump's America). If you are a regular on Fox, this won't be your bag - but it also isn't a liberal satire like what Samantha Bee does. This is much more subtle, there's no name calling here. Honestly, the two presenters are ABC Australia regulars and seeing them riffing is a good reason to watch the show alone - however Planet America could be a lot better, but it is a (fairly) young show u can see the show has tried different ideas, to varying degrees of success. But when they stick to astute and observant comedy they are in their best element. Recommended
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tomb Invader (2018 TV Movie)
Not a 10/10... but NOT a 2 either
16 March 2018
It's so very easy to be a critic... and I can see this won't win any awards, but neither will half the shlock u see this year (depending on yr type I guess). I watch movies daily, and this movie was FINE. It's not the budget of the original movie - but it's okay. If u enjoy a decent flick, with a solid amount of action; u will have ZERO issues with this movie.I mean Alien Covenant was pretentious, Bladerunner 2049 was pretentious, TI is NOT in the least pretentious... and I have no issues at all with it. If yr not a movie-nazi, u will enjoy it!!!
10 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Episode 2nd thru 8 are quite interesting. It gets silly by ep.09 & .10
26 January 2018
I actually subscribe to SOME of the theories shown in this series (ep1-8)... and i WAS digging this series UNTIL the crazy channeler starts talking about what Thoth looks like, etc etc I mean i DON'T subscribe to Hancock and Michael Nemo (?) bc as an archaeologist they're renowned crazy and discredited. So there are a few talking heads from Ancient Aliens shown (a show i DON'T subscribe theories from) but at leats Hancock is well presented and a sightly better source...
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.