Reviews

The Spy (2019)
excellent show
12 September 2019
The show is not perfect but I give it 10 just to counter silly 1 star propaganda review. It is not biased it says the truth. Actually, it mostly focuses on the spy and not politics. Watch and enjoy it.
3 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Spy (2019)
Solid spy show
11 September 2019
This is not perfect but solid spy show. I think SBC has a future as a dramatic actor. I was also bother by the accent and yes, production needed Arabic consultant. For 1 star reviewers: it is amazing how much hate some people have and how blind they are, that is why they are losers, living in shitty places while Israelis flourish. Ignore 1 star review, the show is not even trying to push any political agenda, just a story of a brave man. Enjoy
1 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Border (2018)
perfect little movie
8 August 2019
Unique and different from usual Hollywood plastic. Well acted and well shot , gives perspective on what beautiful is , what love and compassion means and what is sense of belonging to community and family. Very much recommended, wish there was more like this film.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Orange Is the New Black (2013–2019)
too much politcis ruined the show
29 July 2019
I liked the show a lot, till last season. Sorry, this is disgrace. It wasn't funny, it was preachy, pushing very specific point of view and it was not even entertaining. The writing for final season is really bad: whoever wrote it has zero talent and should change their occupation. However, I do think the show in general was good enough to give 7 score (0 for last season and 8-9 for other seasons). Would recommend to watch minus last pathetic final season.
14 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Midsommar (I) (2019)
should be classic
3 July 2019
I was so impressed. I am sure that not everybody will agree with me. But starting from visuals and including the slowly building tension, to me it was perfect. The movie is full of symbolism and it is hardly your general horror flick. If you are waiting for gore, slasher, scary, pass on it. But if you enjoy sinister type of film, like Rosmary's baby (no, the plot is not the same), then it is masterpiece. Highly recommend if you like slow burn creepy staff...
5 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Midsommar (1991 TV Movie)
should be classic
3 July 2019
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
well done
27 June 2019
It was well done, the movie builds tension and eventually creates the spooky atmosphere. Yes, certain scares were done before, nevertheless, it gives unsettling mood. Not perfect, but definitely entertaining. I was fidgeting the whole time. fun for the middle of the week.
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What/If (2019– )
Pure trash
26 May 2019
Terrible is not even word to describe it , one star is generous and only because of Renee. Actually, you can see how good of the actress she is in comparison to other "actors" including the lead. Plastic, cliche, same stereotypes, same idiotic PC, just big NO. Don't watch
12 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Us (II) (2019)
Not bad at all
24 May 2019
Actually, was surprised for the better. This movie is getting too much hate. Yes, not perfect, but quite original and kept me interested. Not everything was completely clear, but very suspenseful. Don't compare it to Get Out, and you will enjoy it very much.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chambers (2019)
super good!
27 April 2019
The show was not perfect, but actually kept me watching, i even missed appointment but had to finish it. The pace is great, builds tension and if it is slow for you, check yourself for adhd. It is very entertaining show and much better than hounted house on the hill or something. Very good, need season 2.
7 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bonding (2019– )
Funny!
25 April 2019
This show is pretty funny. I like the idea that episodes are shorter than usual. It is not very groundbreaking but very enjoyable. Bottom line, just lighten up and enjoy the ride, don't overanalyze it...
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quicksand (2019– )
slow and predictable
10 April 2019
As other reviewers mentioned: slow, predictable, some bad acting and script. four very boring episodes followed by some improvement. There is nothing too deep or fresh about the story. Yes, money can't buy happiness and becoming adult is not easy nowadays. Don't know about the book but the show was boring. You can definitely skip.
13 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pet Sematary (2019)
not good at all
9 April 2019
Original is much better, no doubt. It is just quite stupid slasher and I was laughing most of the time. Not scary at all. Re-watch original.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Widow (2019– )
just ok, too polished
3 March 2019
It is just ok, the story is not too boring and quite fact paced. However, it is too polished and not realistic enough: Kate is too botoxed and I love how her pony tail has these perfect curls, like she is out of the hairdresser only now. The are many holes in the plot and the reasoning behind certain action is just stupid. All in all, it is just ok to watch on lazy afternoon but it is not amazing drama/thriller. Could be better.
30 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Prodigy (2019)
Not bad at all, almost Omen remake
10 February 2019
I liked it. Yes, it is not great but definitely not bad movie. If you into creepy kids style suspense movies, this is it. I love Omen (the old version), this movie took a lot of elements from it with addition of Chucky the doll (don't remember this one very well). Also, the acting was good by Taylor and the kid. In overall, nice flick. I enjoyed it but don't expect too much. Very solid 6.5 Would love to have sequel.
17 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not good and simply boring
9 February 2019
I love movies in horror/mystery category. And i am actually not very harsh critique when it comes to mysteries. But this one is not good. Was too slow, boring, and wasn't even sure in the end what is the twist. Just no, you can skip it unless you really have nothing else to do.
33 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Russian Doll (2019– )
boring and nothing new
1 February 2019
It is just boring and nothing new, same ideas all over again. Not funny either. My three stars is for Natasha. She plays the same character as Orange is the New Black. But I like her, she is good in her element, could do much more.... The show itself is meh...
63 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Polar (I) (2019)
Unnecesarily violent
25 January 2019
Although it is supposed to be an action movie, some of the scenes were unnecessarily violent. Yes, as strange as it sounds, it was done only for a shock value and didn't add a bit to the story. This goes for sex scene too. I am not a prude, but this is not adult movie, and I don't need 20 poses to see it, this is not what story is about.

It reminded in the beginning Kill Bill , but it is far from amazing Tarantino movie.

I give it 4 for some entertaining value, but overall just mehhh...Liked the actor though. Watch him in "Hunt", he is good. (Also, scene with the kids is just idiotic, not funny).
25 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
When Heroes Fly (2018– )
Very good show
23 January 2019
It is a good show, not perfect, but good by many standards. It has mystery, thriller and good acting. The pace is also great, not too slow and not too fast. Considering how much bad shows are out there, this is one is literally perfection. Highly recommended.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sex Education (2019– )
not good or funny
17 January 2019
I am not sure who watches this or who writes reviews. I am certain they are fake. The show is booooooring! not funny, not really raunchy, just plain boring. This is not even educational or good for young adults or teenagers. I tried, I really tried. 3 stars and it is generous.
15 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Future Man (2017– )
Good show deserves more attention
13 January 2019
This is a comedy scyfy, based on many movies out there that we all know and love. I am surprised it is not as popular as it should be. Very much recommended, a lot of fun and pop culture jokes (and I am not hard core fan of scyfy).
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
trying to be as art as it can be
30 December 2018
It felt like LVT was trying to create this edgy provocative art work that will address interesting subject: why people kill, what is going through their mind, how serial killer becomes serial killer, etc. However, LVT is no psychologist, he lacks the background on the subject and eventually it feels like art person is trying to give his person opinion why certain people think/behave this way. It is kind of interesting visually, like a weird painting, however it lacks depth. It felt pretentious but didn't provoke any thoughts for further discussion. The violence in the movie was trying to create a shock that will be thoughts provoking, unfortunately it didn't, it fell flat and even silly. Although LVT did some other very unique unforgettable movies, this one is not recommended.
62 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Parfum (2018– )
So good
25 December 2018
I red the book. The show is different. But sooooo good. Well done from every aspect, the story, pace, visuals, tension. Just great. Finally, Netflix made the right decision. Highly recommended.
98 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cold War (2018)
Beautiful to watch but lacks in story telling or connection
22 December 2018
I agree with many reviewers here. It is beautiful cinematography, but the story is loose and doesn't make sense or engage you enough. It left me cold and more than that, the female was really irritating. I understand what the director was trying to say: i came from that region too, but some story lines don't make sense. As patriotic as you can feel, you don't choose communistic Poland or any communist country over amazing Paris (especially when you are an artist) AND leave your soulmate behind. That is why many people were trying to escape. May be she was nostalgic or couldn't connect emotionally to French culture, as an artist? It is not very clear from the script. In overall, she was pictured as spoiled selfish "femme fatale" that ruined their chance for happiness while he has weak personality, that sacrifices his life and freedom for ungrateful partner. May be this is unconditional love? I didn't find her attractive either for some reason, while he fits the part better. For me, unlike Ida that was amazing, this is only 6/10.
55 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nightflyers (2018)
Getting worse and worse
10 December 2018
I really wanted to like this show. It started not bad, but with each week it is getting worse. It simply became boring, messy, not clear what is going on there, and don't let me start on logic, science or whatever scyfy is there. No tension, no action, nothing. I hope it will improve somehow but it is just getting worse...
77 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.