Reviews

Hercules (I) (2014)
2014? Really?
4 August 2019
While watching - gruntingly given all the creative freedom taken and subsequently abused - I commented the CGI was pretty good for a early 90's movie. Now I see it's from 2014 and must wonder; did they spend all their cash on actors alone? Not much spent on script and absolutely nothing on CGI.

A good example for future generations on not how to do it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What did I just watch?
27 July 2019
All right, let's get it out there: I'm a grown-up, so maybe not target audience. Still, seriously, this was just plain horrible. Cringe-worthy at times, embarrasing at time.

I cannot fathom the rave reviews and high scores. Not a single joke was original nor fun. Plot was... was there one?

It seems they took rejected material from the likes of Pink Panther, Police Academy, Mr Bean, and other such flicks and screamed it out.

Oh my.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nah
3 July 2019
I've thoroughly enjoyed del Toros work over the years, and I am an avid Sci-fi fan so this would have been a match in heaven if the movie hadn't been so utterly predictable, boring and... correct.

Growing up in Sweden, this movie really reminded me of the 70s and 80s when movies where there to educate the masses and not to entertain. Political messages - I don't really care if they are "right" or not - belong in propaganda, unless the movie is about said political, obviously. Simply cramming it into a movie - for absolutely no real reason - gives me the shivers. Stop the subterfuge already!

And then, predictability. Oh for goodness sake, who did not see that ending come after, what, 15 minutes? Maybe I've seen too many Sci-fi flicks but it was quite clear immediately. Not the usual del Toro way.

I guess I feel perplex after watching this. Del Toro is good, very good, but this? And this is what brings the Oscars? Let's all hope this movie does not start a trend.
28 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
26 September 2018
I've read it twice, now also seen it twice. That about sums it up, this is an amazing, weird, wonderful, magical, crazy, beautiful and above all holistic masterpiece. The series really captures Douglas Adams vision, at least My impression of it.

I will force this upon all my family and friends for years to come.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sneakers (1992)
Still a good movie
15 October 2017
Still to this day one of the best hacker'ish movies out there. Not all - dare I say "none" - of the real hacking is "cooler" than is depicted in this one. Social engineering is still very much used.

I still watch this movie on occasion, a warm, understandable movie that doesn't try to make everything super high tech and thus fake.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.