Reviews

Hell Fest (2018)
Just stupid!
30 December 2018
Probably the worst film i´ve seen this year, and that's saying a lot. Some people have seen a couple of slasher films and think they can mae one they´re selves. I´m afraid they did NOT make a film that can resembles the classics of the 80-ties. Maybe that wasn't the idea, but it sure looks like it.

I counted ONE scene worth mentioning. A guy gets his eye f*ucked up.

Everything else is just so got damn boring, and the characters are so incredibly bad.

I really regret watching this lame attempt of doing an homage to the golden age of slashers. Does NOT work!
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Didn't hope for much BUT...
8 December 2018
This was a really clever film i think, and not like anything i´ve ever seen before. Cool story, and the way it was produced really had me enjoying it.

Hope to see more from this director
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slay Belles (2018)
We all have friends that are filmmakers
7 December 2018
But folks! What kind of friend are we not stopping them from embarrassing themselves by releasing say... something like this.

I think there should be a new concept in the industry. "Honest movie commentaries" where good directors sit through films like this and point out every bad choice the makers made. Then i would love to rewatch this, and i truly believe a concept like that would spare us from a lot of "movies" being released.
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holy s**t
27 September 2017
I actually had high hopes for this one, even though i kind of didn't like the prior film in the series. It was okay for a watch.

But this was kind of embarrassing to watch, and every time i will think of this movie, i will imagine Jennifer Tilly extremely fake laugh at the end. It will haunt me, and not in the good way. The pacing of the film is pretty lame, and growing up on the series from the start, age is a factor if you love these films. I see now that they're not my cup of tea anymore. The Chucky parts are so badly done, and his movements are so dollish. It does't look good, and Brad Dourif's lines are so over the top and he loses charisma. How about making a "Child's play"-reboot were Chucky is serious, and really evil?

My hats of to the writer/director who's written a lot of good scripts for film and TV, but maybe he shouldn't do the director thing and stick to writing.

God speed to the franchise, i won't be coming back
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not cheesy enough
1 August 2017
This actually had a lot of promise i think.

The intro is great, and gives that great 80's slasher feel. But it totally falls flat as the film plays out. The camera-work and lighting is awful, and the actors, although they are supposed to be bad, are worse then to make the point of making a 80's rip off.

The effects are hilarious and fun though.

From the mid i had to just fast forward through it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First Kill (2017)
Not good enough
27 July 2017
Maybe Bruce Willis should say no to these b-movies were they post his name on the poster but he is in the film for about five minutes?

I get it he needs to work, but at any cost? He's a great actor, why spend it on mediocre films like this?

Because this is at best an fairly okay film if you're bored and has nothing else to watch.

And Hayden Christensen looks like he's still in high school, and why the obsession with hunting? He's a lawyer or something, and haven't been at the cabin since he was a kid. But when they get there it's like a life mission to make sure his son gets the deal with hunting and killing animals.

Watch something else
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blood Hunt (2017)
One hour and eighteen minutes i've thrown away
26 July 2017
So far from being anywhere close to what a good horror/thriller/survivor-movie should have.

I really don't like being negative about low budget movies, but they usually have a deeper respect for filmmaking then the average Hollywood movies. And that's why i love indyfilms,, because they usually push the boundaries. And this is what we see in they're films. A will to make they're stories.

This has absolutely none of that spark at all. Just a idiotic plot to show meaningless violence and a poorly directed rape. And the violence is not even horrible. The bad guys are so horrible actors that the whole thing is more laughable then horrifying.

And it's never a good idea to rip off movies like "Wolf Creek" and "Eden Lake" just because you make films in Australia. The fact that it's so obvious puts more focus on the badness of the film.

Boring violence isn't enough to make a film shocking. You also need a decent story, actors, cameratechnic, editing and a lot more.

Check out "Storm Warning" and the others i mentioned if you're looking for good Aussie-films.

ET...
15 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hope you get it mr. director
26 July 2017
I really hope that the makers of this film some day ends up in a same situation. It doesn't matter how the film looks. This is made out of a pure sadistic mind, and the film has absolutely no entertainment value but negativity. Wolf Creek is a good movie, this is just a poor rip off, trying to shock more. And why try to make more or less the same films down under?
9 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.