Reviews

Cobra Kai (2018– )
Total Surprise
7 May 2018
I will admit that when i heard of the eminent arrival of this show, i thought it was a joke. I thought it best to let sleeping dog's lie but it turns out i was wrong. Other than the cheesy fight scenes and the goody, goody role of Ralph, i found this reboot amazingly entertaining. I actually watched all the episodes in one day, and I'm thirsty for more. I'm my opinion, Johnny Lawrence steals the show by being tormented by his past. The show was cleverly written and has a few laughs as well. Though Daniel is goody, goody, the rest of the cast isn't and that's what adds spice to the show. I'm looking forward to next season for the end of the last episode, makes you wonder the fate of Cobra Kai.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Quiet Place (2018)
Extremely overrated movie
16 April 2018
This is by far one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. I feel it was mediocre at best and I'm shocked by all the praise it's received. The storyline was somewhat interesting but due to lack of dialogue in the beginning , i found myself dosing off a few times. Let's just jump to the ridiculous ending shall we? You mean to tell me that it took a child to figure out that these things were sensitive to high frequency sounds? Wasn't this a worldwide problem? No one in the scientific world could figure this out in over 1 year? Now let's discuss the obvious. No one said, " Let's just shoot them!"? I found this ending ridiculously ludicrous and an insult to the movie fans intelligence.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Exorcist (2016–2018)
Ambivalent feelings at this point
18 July 2017
In my opinion, The Exorcist movie was by far the scariest movie of all time and will be very hard to beat. When I heard about the eminent arrival of the TV series , I was extremely skeptical. Why reinvent a masterpiece? Well I gave the show a fair shot and much to my dismay, I wasn't that disappointed. I was actually pretty impressed with the new twists up until the 9th and 10th episodes. I just felt that things were getting a little too complicated and a bit off the wall. I was very impressed with the strong performance of actor Ben Daniels who plays Father Marcus. He played the part of a tormented priest wonderfully and stole every scene. The show got the green light for another season but I'm a bit skeptical about the shows future after that. If the show doesn't take it up a notch or two, the power of Christ compels you to banish this unclean spirit forever.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Kingdom (2014– )
Extremely powerful series
13 July 2017
I'm not sure how I came about watching Kingdom but I'm very glad I did. I was instantly captivated in the opening scene and I never looked back. The acting is riveting especially by actor Jonathan Tucker and the overall story line is superb. You don't even have to be a fan of MMA to like this show for it tackles every conceivable subject matter and it's done exceptionally well. It was so good, I watched season 1 and 2 all over again in anticipation of season 3 The only reason why I gave it a 9 rating is because so far, season 3 is not as intense as the prior seasons but I have a feeling the end will be an emotional powerhouse. I highly recommend this show to all.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Snowfall (2017– )
Snowfall recounts the beginnings of the crack epidemic that plagues our country to this very day.
10 July 2017
Hmmm... OK... I've been reading reviews on IMDb for many years now for I am an avid fan of movies and TV. After reading some of the poor reviews for Snowfall, I decided to become part of the community. I don't feel this show glorifies or romanticizes the beginnings of the crack era, it just tells it like it was. It was one big party and there was lot's of money to be made. I Thought the pilot captured the 80s in East LA precisely and the soundtrack was aces. I felt the story line was interesting and it kept my attention to the very end. I also thought the acting was on point and the best is yet to come. Different strokes for different folks people.This is my unbiased review and I say this show will be around for awhile.
33 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this