Brightburn (2019)
Enjoyable twist on the classic superhero genre
10 June 2019
Nice to see something not following the usual formula in regards to superhero films. Written very well and left me craving more would love a 2nd movie following on from this. Yes it's low budget and at times you can tell with some of the special effects and it's by no means perfect. That being said it's just so much fun and nice to seem some originality for a change. Could only imagine how good this could be with a bigger budget.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Late Night (2019)
Utterly charming
8 June 2019
Great film funny and emotional at times. Was great throughout but the ending felt a little rushed would have liked it done properly and be 15-20mins longer.
6 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love, Death & Robots: Good Hunting (2019)
Season 1, Episode 8
Average
7 June 2019
Graphics were ok but nothing special reasonable storyline just about keeps it interesting but not the best in the series by any means.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Black Mirror: Smithereens (2019)
Season 5, Episode 2
Gripping and good but not very black mirror
7 June 2019
I remember being wowed by black mirror episodes before this series always offering something new and innovative and whilst this was gripping and acted well it felt like it could be any stand alone drama not black mirror.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Black Mirror: Striking Vipers (2019)
Season 5, Episode 1
Weird but entertaining enough
6 June 2019
Boy I was glad I didn't watch this with my dad like usual would of been even more awkward. Interesting concept that strangely enough I could see happening if it was possible amongst many people. Could have had a more important or exciting topic/story though.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark Phoenix (2019)
Disappointing but ok end to the series
5 June 2019
At times it was ridiculously over the top and the script at times was borderline ridiculous and had some ultimate cringe moments. Overall though a reasonable storyline and some good action it was a mediocre film but in comparison to more recent superhero films by both marvel and DC with a script as bad as this no matter who the actors are it's never gonna compare.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl (2019)
Great mini series
5 June 2019
Here is no disputing this mini series is very good and at times horrifically moving for me though until the final episode which truly was perfect it was very good rather than an epic.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: Vichnaya Pamyat (2019)
Season 1, Episode 5
The perfect ending
5 June 2019
For me the rest of the season was very good but not prefect but this last episode brought it all to an end perfectly. The best episode of television I have seen in a long time. Extremely touching.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: The Happiness of All Mankind (2019)
Season 1, Episode 4
Slow start but builds to a great finish
5 June 2019
The first half was the slowest the series had been but it picked up and finished with aplomb. Not quite the epic I thought it would be but looking forward to the final episode.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: Open Wide, O Earth (2019)
Season 1, Episode 3
Uncomfortable yet compelling
5 June 2019
Extremely good television truly horrific and uncomfortable to watch whilst equally as compelling.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: Please Remain Calm (2019)
Season 1, Episode 2
Still good but not quite epic
5 June 2019
Same as before probably to high expectations to begin with really good again and parts are certainly horrifying but just doesn't feel epic just yet...
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: 1:23:45 (2019)
Season 1, Episode 1
Good start
5 June 2019
After all I've heard about it maybe I went in with a little to much expectation of it being the best thing I've ever watched that being said it sets up the story well moving forward and was entertaining has room for improvement the remainder of the series also.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slick visuals
3 June 2019
Had to pinch myself that this was animation and not real people at times. Visually breathtaking and a nice soundtrack to. The story isn't quite up to scratch with the visuals though although is reasonable and passes by.
Ma (2019)
Ma is cray cray but in such a good way
3 June 2019
The storyline is fairly predictable from the start but the performance of Octavia Spencer is so sensational that just her alone makes the film so so fun! Not really a horror but a really fun thriller!
8 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Life Itself (2018)
Good idea but below average execution
3 June 2019
After spending most the film not emotionally connected and somewhat bored throughout the ending sequences did show the strong ideas behind it but the whole thing just didn't make me care enough or invest in to the characters and the film felt clunky throughout.
Budapest (2018)
Just not that funny
3 June 2019
There was 2 or 3 laugh out loud moments but at best it was watchable it's wasn't boring as such but unoriginal and nothing new to the scene watching dubbed in English I do wonder if some of it was lost in translation also as most fell flat. Could have been a lot worse however.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awkward slow yet still interesting
2 June 2019
At times it felt very clunky and over complicated for no reason by the script and it was carried throughout by the once again spectacular Saoirse Ronan but the film just about gets across what it's trying to achieve without achieving the maximum effect it could have. A reasonable watch but nothing amazing.
I, Dolours (2018)
Very interesting documentary
2 June 2019
It's always good to see things from both sides of the story whilst I don't agree with her actions it is easy to see how someone with such a life and oppression by both Protestant and British rule could be radicalised in that way and feel sold out by the peace agreement. A fascinating retelling of the life story of a troubled yet in her own way courageous even if full of fault woman.
Was reasonable
31 May 2019
Not as good as the phenomenal thoughts and prayers like others have said to many short jokes very repetitive and no where near as dark. Still better than many though.
Aladdin (2019)
F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S
30 May 2019
I went in trying to open minded but reluctant about it based on the trailer mostly my childhood imagination of the genie being so different and how wrong my perceptions were the whole film was magical perhaps Will Smith most of all how I ever doubted him I don't know. Musical extravagance full of colour. A truly magical retelling full of heart that I doubt I could have loved anymore than I did.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remarkably average
30 May 2019
Just like the first they put all the good bits in the trailers which have been shown everywhere a million times so they're no longer funny. Very little originality not terrible but nothing new and somehow still drags even at under 90 minutes.
17 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Visually spectacular
29 May 2019
The visuals in this film are out of this world best I've seen so far by far and some of the best action you can ask for add to that a reasonable story although not exceptional and you've got in hell off an action film. Pleasantly surprised by how good this was.
24 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rocketman (2019)
Even better than expected
28 May 2019
Emotional rollercoaster, great acting, great soundtrack, great cinematography and production what more could you ask for. Exudes the sole of a vibrant, colourful yet ultimately hurting man perfectly. A legend in his own lifetime with a film that does him justice.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The ABC Murders (2018– )
Reasonably entertaining but nothing special
24 May 2019
Passes the time felt engaged with most of the program and was interesting at times but brought nothing particularly new to the table either. Mildly above average mystery drama.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They've done it yet again!
24 May 2019
Everything these guys touch is gold best 30minutes on my tv since popstar. Absolutely hilarious keep bringing us more!
17 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.