Reviews

Freddy's first slasher flick is a horrifying and psychological masterpiece.
15 September 2019
Wes Craven's classic 80's horror film is still one of the best ever. He has given us a smart plot, likable characters, and one of the most terrifying serial killers ever. Robert Englund's performance as the knife-handed Freddy Krueger will forever be fantastic. Much like Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Exorcist, A Nightmare on Elm Street is a film that holds a special place in the hearts of true horror fans. I definitely recommend this movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slashers battle in fun horror flick
9 September 2019
As the long-awaited film about Elm Street's dream master against Camp Crystal Lake's hockey-masked momma's boy, it is pretty much what you expect to happen. It was fun, gory, scary, and incredibly satisfying. It will definitely entertain fans of the two horror icons. With the right about of blood and gore, awesome music, and great action scenes, Freddy vs Jason is a great horror flick.

The best of Jason's sequels
6 September 2019
Out of all of the sequels of Friday the 13th, Jason Lives easily beats them all. It took the series to a whole new direction. It tried to be more fun and less serious as the other sequels. Thanks to a well-written story, self-aware characters, a cool Jason design, better music and kills that work well, Part 6: Jason Lives is a film that is great, much like the original.

Halloween (1978)
John Carpenter classic is still scary and exciting
1 September 2019
As the film that sets the standard for modern slasher movies, it is a masterpiece. While there are sequels that are pretty good, the original is still the true Halloween movie. The characters were pretty well-developed, the soundtrack was fantastic, and the killer was still terrifying. Nick Castle's performance as Michael Myers/The Shape is still amazing. Even Donald Pleasance as Dr. Loomis and Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode were great. The film itself will forever have its legacy.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hans Christian Andersen's classic is charming but too sad for kids
30 June 2019
As a Japanese adaptation of the classic story, it is definitely pretty faithful. Unlike the Disney version which twists the ending quite a bit, this one does use the original one. I am pleased by the animation used here. It works with the source material. However, I'm sure a lot of kids might not be happy with the ending. The film definitely has an extremely tragic ending that will make some cry hard. However, it is what it should be and as it stands, it is a good anime movie.
Batman (1989)
Tim Burton's superhero movie is an entertaining classic.
5 May 2019
Although director Tim Burton is no comic book fan, he was still able to make a successful story based on the character known as Batman. The performances of both Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson still hold up. Thanks to Burton's formula of giving a dark tone to his movies, he gave the Batman movie the correct tone. It might not be the best Batman movie, but it is still a pretty solid one. I definitely recommend this to the fans of the DC superhero.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mega Man 2 (1988 Video Game)
One of Mega Man's best
31 March 2019
While the original Mega Man game was great, the sequel was definitely a marginal improvement. It improves upon the original in soundtrack, gameplay, level designs, bosses and nostalgia. Mega Man 2 is also the game that introduced things that we see in later Mega Man games like energy tanks, eight robot masters, a password system, and the lack of the arcade-style score system seen in the first game. Because of how fun and nostalgic this game is, it easily became the fan favorite of the original Mega Man series and one of the greatest Mega Man games of all time. There is just so much enjoyment in this sequel. I will definitely give this game a 10/10. I highly recommend it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mega Man (1987 Video Game)
Capcom classic is still good
31 March 2019
This 1987 superhero video game might be old but it is still a classic. Without it, the character Mega Man wouldn't have a beginning at all. While the controls are rather stiff and imperfect, the game is still fun. It gave us some creativity that some of the later games are lacking. Overall, it is a good game that still holds up.
The Smurfs (2011)
Charmless, weak, and unfunny adaptation of a classic cartoon
31 March 2019
The original Smurfs cartoon was great. It was a show that became famous in the 80's. Unfortunately, this 2011 film was awful. Its plot was not only ridiculous and poorly executed but it was also embarrassing and insulting. It lacked the charm of the original cartoon. Only very young audiences will like it. Besides that, others will just forget about it because to them, it is nothing but an unacceptable movie.
Harry & Bunnie (2016– )
Dumb, irrelevant, and extremely annoying.
30 March 2019
This cartoon that is meant to be silly, frenetic and childish truly fails to work as a whole. The animation is weak. The story is incredibly stupid, and the characters are just horrible. Not even too many kids will like it. They are better of watching cartoons that are way better like Spongebob Squarepants, Inspector Gadget, Miraculous Ladybug, The Transformers and more. This foolish cartoon deserves to be forgotten.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of Jason's better movies.
20 March 2019
Out of all of the movies that starred the famous serial killer known as Jason Voorhees, this is definitely one of the better ones out there. It might be rather tame and simple compared to the slasher films we see now but it still holds up. After all, this is a film that became super popular in the 1980's. The simplicity of its plot is the reason why its good. It still shows a lot of bloody scenes that are both gruesome and charming. The cast was good, the cinematography looked great, and the idea was very interesting. In conclusion, I really love this film. I just wish that some of the other films were better.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trolls (2016)
Colorful but way too fast
17 February 2019
Trolls is a friendly and fibrant comedy with good music and characters but it suffers from its overly fast paced story. The construction of the plot just seems too rushed for me. It's premise seems too familiar to movies seen before. There's nothing too amazing I can find here. In conclusion, it looks good but it still has several problems.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rules of Survival (2017 Video Game)
Fun, challenging, and clever online game
1 February 2019
As my first battle royale game, it is amazing. The gameplay was fun, the weapons were great, and the killing was very satisfying. I love the variety of clothes and accessories. Although the graphics are a bit lacking, it can't take away the fun. Overall, this has to be one of the most enjoyable shooters I have ever played. I love it.
CJ7 (2008)
Educational value wasted in a bad plot.
20 August 2018
Out of every family movie I've ever seen, this has to be the most disappointing one ever. The characters are bad, the story is slack, the tone is too mature and the acting is pretty bland. The overall plot suffers from being too uneven, weird, harsh and violent. There are too many scenes with a kid being bullied by a kid in school, his teacher and even his own father. There are also too many scenes that make this film unwatchable. The family moments don't save the movie. Overall, this movie is just plain forgettable. There are barely any redeeming factors in this film. Stay away from this family movie. It is pretty terrible.
Robin Hood (1973)
A funny and entertaining version of the outlaw.
9 June 2018
Disney's version of the classic folktale was a lot better than I thought. The animation is solid, the humor is charming and the idea of making the characters animals wasn't as bad as I thought. Kids will learn how to care for others like Robin Hood. They will also learn what happens to bad people like Prince John. Overall, it might not be the best version of Robin Hood but it is still a solid one.
A cute Disney classic
6 June 2018
This 1955 Disney movie is fun for all ages. The story is sweet, the main characters are memorable, and the animation is charming. However, I do have a few problems. My first problem is that Aunt Sarah doesn't get her comeuppance. She is really harsh, ignorant, and crazy and I really wish that was fixed. My second problem is that some parts could have been improved, but besides those two problems, I really enjoyed this movie. I definitely recommend this for everyone.
Transformers (2007)
Michael Bay's first Transformers movie is fun and entertaining.
1 June 2018
Although the story is different from the G1 cartoon, the movie's action, special effects and CGI are great. The Autobots are great heroes. The Decepticons are menacing villains. The plot is very heroic and action-packed. Overall, it easily has to be the best of Michael Bay's Transformers movies.
Spider-Man (1967–1970)
Old but still one of the best Spider-man shows ever made.
29 May 2018
Even though the show does suffer from it's limited budget and dated animation, the show still holds up until now. It easily has to be one of the more accurate TV shows based on the original Marvel character. The theme song is catchy, Spidey in this show is a good role model and the action is just enough for children watching. The stories are simple but entertaining. Overall, I think the show is very fun.
A cute and charming movie based on Ross Bagdasarian's creation
19 May 2018
Even though the movie fails to be one of the best family movies ever, it is still fun, entertaining and quite adorable. The movie definitely is better than it's silly sequels. The characters are properly rendered and the plot is really tame. Children will definitely enjoy the music. Overall, it might be a childish mess to some but kids and some adults will find a lot of good messages in this film.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of my favorite anime movies
24 April 2018
Princess Mononoke easily has to be one of the greatest fantasies I have ever seen. It definitely has great visuals, strong characters, a beautiful story and fantastic action sequences. Even though it is quite violent and intense, viewers will love the relationship that Ashitaka and San have. This movie is great for anime lovers. It has to be one of my favorite anime movies.
Elena of Avalor (2016– )
It's okay.
18 April 2018
This show is alright. The messages are decent, the animation is just as magical as Sofia the First and the visuals are somewhat impressive. My biggest problem with this show is that I don't like how Elena became a heroine. I really hate how she sticks out that she has to protect everyone in an annoying way. Besides that, the show is good and fun for children.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wildflower (2017–2018)
A dark and violent mess of a series
15 April 2018
This show easily has to be one of the dullest shows I have ever seen. It is filled with devilish characters, a brutal tone and a heartless story. There is nothing positive about this show. There's only violence, cursing and drinking. Stay away from this show.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lame
24 February 2018
Out of every romance movie I've seen, this has to be one of the poorest and most bizarre ones out there. The acting is poor, the humor is unfunny and the plot is plain. The way the actors emote and show dramatic feelings is fake. The characters are just terrible. Overall, this is just a mediocre drama that lacks true emotion and fun.
Nickelodeon's best show
26 December 2017
When I was little, I always watch this show. It was very entertaining, funny, charming, friendly, clever and fun. The jokes still hold up until now. The earlier seasons are still likable even in the future. Even though the newer seasons aren't as good, they are a lot better than the newer seasons of The Fairly Oddparents which are just terrible. Despite the fact that it wasn't as good as before, it is still and always will be the best Nickelodeon show ever.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way better than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
25 August 2017
For our newest Mickey Mouse Show to date, it is fun, entertaining, charming and memorable. I used to like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse a lot, but now, I'm not as appealed. With this one, even though it is for little kids, I really enjoyed it. In fact, this may be one of the best Disney Junior shows ever made. It is an overall really cool show and definitely young kids will love it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.