Voyagers (2021)
A { VERY πŸ‘πŸ’₯ } Intelligent, Thought-Provoking πŸ”₯ Movie, Stylistically & Visually FABULOUS ; But 1 That's Somewhat { "DIVERGENT" } From Its MPAA Certified PG-13 Rating πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·
25 April 2021
A "Good, Old Fashioned" -{ B i g }- Screen Review .

______________________________________________________

Christopher : " Maybe this is our true nature " .

Richard : " That's a profound thought " .

______________________________________________________

-{ All }- Directors , & -{ All }- Artists , Frankly... Are πŸ‘‰{ Constantly }πŸ‘ˆ being " inspired " by prior artistic works, & " borrow " from them far more often than we may 'readily' be prepared to admit. I would like to make it -Clear- that this most certainly πŸ‘‰{ Is - Not - }πŸ‘ˆ the same thing as 'stealing', 'plagiarizing', or 'ripping-off'. For the reviewers here that have callously accused this " Viscerally-Exciting πŸŒŒβ—" picture's super-Talented Director, Neil Burger ( known best for the critically rejected yet -Popularly- massive "Divergent", 2014 ) of doing just that ; I'd be 'Willing-To-Bet', that if Nobel Laureate William Golding ( - Author, 'Lord Of The Flies', 1954 - ) ; could opine on the matter, he would be Unequivocal βœ… in lavishing praise on -{ This }- particular iteration..... { of that age-old " Darkness Of Man ( -& Woman's- ) Heart ( -etc.- ) " theme } .....presented here as a grand-scale, well, " Cinematic Thought-Experiment " , of sorts. The pointed, Unbridled critique of the frailty of human nature πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ offered in the movie, along with its appropiately-paced, and Unabashed, study of how serious immorality can rear its ugly head in, literally, -{ Any }- Given social setting, is quite frankly, nothing less than " Fascinating " . Even as a work of Art, & in 'Its-own-right' , the film works ". Beautifully 🌠 " . Moreover, the -( somewhat ) fresh-faced ensemble of 'Up-and-comers', led by none other than Veteran actor Colin Farrell, render their -( very often )- " Deliberately-Subdued " performances, for the most part , " To An Absolute Freaking Tee " .

Summary : Alas, I know in my heart that I -{ Must }- take a -{ Whole }- Point off this ( ' eventually ' ) fiery & riveting thriller's overall score, & here's why, in a nutshell : " As a -Parent- you'd have to be quite ' bonkers { πŸ’₯❗} ' , really, to take your Darling 13 year old into this picture " : & that is -{ Not }- an exaggeration. Also, I feel that this -{ Should }- have been a -{ Slightly }- longer film, exploring a few " Key " aspects of the story in greater depth. So, from me, all told, that's going to be a ' Pandemic Considerate ' , although still -{ Decidedly }- " Invigorated " ....7.50 Marks Out Of 10 πŸš€ πŸ”₯ .
75 out of 243 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GOD 🦍 Of The Apes vs. KING 🐊 Of The Monsters: If You ENJOY Watching ...Way πŸ˜… Overblown, Plot-hole Riddled πŸ§€ Action Fare, Then Prepare To Be, Well... { BLOWN-AWAY } 🌠 πŸ‘β—.
6 April 2021
______________________________________________________

Madison Russell : " ...There's something provoking him -{ referring to Godzilla }- that we're not seeing here... " .

______________________________________________________

" A Good, Old-fasioned, -{ Big }- Screen Review " .

So here's the thing. How is it that ...{ Evidently }... Maya, Lind, and Eileen & Jia, & the others, need 'Specially Constructed Deep Earth Crafts πŸš€' to blitz thru the so called "Gravity Inversion" point-of-contact on their way to 'Hollow Earth' ( in order to prevent them from turning into something akin to 'instant-ketchup' ) ; but the -( " essentially just as ORGANIC " )- Kong needs no such parameter of enhanced fortification❓In the final analysis, 'twas... " the ( Not ) so little things " such as -{ This }- in "Godzilla vs. Kong", aka "G.v.K", that left me feeling a little bit like the limits of πŸ‘‰{ Even }πŸ‘ˆ this very decidedly, er... dicey, murky, & malleable thing known as " Movie-Science " , had, in this particular case, been stretched, well ...Way, Way { πŸ€”β—} past the point of acceptable, well, er . . . . . " Thin-Ness " .

But one thing is for certain. Director Adam Winguard { 'Outcast', 'The Guest', 'Blair Witch' } has mostly definitely exploited the living daylights out of his USD 200,000,000 { πŸ’£πŸ’₯ } budget, to create a picture that is -{ Atleast }- as huge in Scope, as well as dynamism, as the monstrous & -( Utterly )- behemoth "Titans" that it pits against one another. Furthermore, ( & needless-to-say, almost, for those of you who've watched the trailers already ), most of the Artistic & Technical aspects of the production -( Cinematography, V.f.x, S.p.f.x, C.g.i, Music, Set-pieces, Casting )- are entirely "Par-Excellence", to say the -Least- . And -{ Yes }- , the Giga-dramatic & " beautifully-Evocative " Score from composer Tom Holkenborg literally sets an -{ already }- 'super-explosive' film... " Aflame { πŸ”₯❗} " with an anticipatory fervour that is all but impossible to stave off. Franchise 'newcomer' Rebecca Hall ( Ironman-3 ), 'monsterverse-favourites' Millie Bobby Brown & Kyle Chandler, and DemiΓ’n Bichir, Alexander SkarsgΓ₯rd, Eiza GonzΓ‘les, & Julian Dennison were all well & truly -{ Fantastic βœ… }- .

Although this time it was the two 'super-fresh' faces that really stood out for me. The first being the -{ Phenomenal }- African American comedic talent Bryan Tyree Henry , who -Literally- carries the film 🌠 for the first 7Β½ minutes or so, "almost single-handedly". The latter is a -{ Brand New }- entrant to the very world of big-screen performance itself, an absolutely, positively Angel-Faced Youngster from ( U.s )-Georgia named Kylee Hottle 🌠 , who's -( Actually )- deaf in real life, -And- skilled in A.s.l, { or American Sign Language } ; & who was only, get this, 9 Years Old when GvK was filmed. She brings an 'Utterly Irrepressible' sense of Beauty, Innocence & Humanity to the entire movie, & -{ All }- her scenes with 'the great Kong' are just... { " Darling πŸŒΊβ—" } ...and that's -Not- an exaggeration. In fact, she -{ More Than }- makes up for the emotional depth that Godzilla-1's lead protagonist for the better part of the film, Aaron Taylor Johnson's 'Lieutenant Ford Brody'..... sadly πŸ˜” .....{ -Lacked- } .

Overall, I think this is a picture that would make the " Kaiju πŸ‘‰{ Japanese term of endearment for its subculture recognized the world over for 'Reveling' in giant monsters }πŸ‘ˆ Crowd " as a collective... { -Pretty- } darn proud ...Indeed. However, as regards the " mechagodzilla ghithora Goliath " : I'm going to -Have- to say that I -Don't- think that I quite " Felt " that, for whatever reason. The film's creators might { actually } have been πŸ‘‰( Far )πŸ‘ˆ better off employing some sort of " Much more Terrifying " .....( than 'Even' the undeniably fearsome 'Original' 3-headed gargantuar Ghithora from Godzilla-2 )..... -{ Cloned πŸ”΄ }- monster, with -{ A Few }- mechanical 'Enhancements' made to it ; as opposed to going " Full-Blown Robot " on us. & Finally, to end on a positive note, I can't even -{ Begin }- to describe to you how " delightfully-Ecstatic ( πŸ’₯ 🀣 ) " an experience it was, to watch that whole "bleach-Satire" episode play out .....( you'll -instantly- get what I mean, when you see it )..... referring, Of Course, to the -{ Thorough }- , & indeed 'bare naked' swipe the filmmakers took at one of ( " a certain " ) Donald. J. Trump's -{ Particularly }- infamous shenanigans in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, during the latter part of 2020 .

Summary : The film πŸ‘‰{ Didn't }πŸ‘ˆ have the impact that " Godzilla " { 1 & 2 }, -{ Or }- indeed, " Kong : Skull Island " had on me .... but-then-again.... I suppose it's incumbent & obligatory on my part to remind you, the reader, ( at -this- point ), that the 'all-crucial' "Novelty-Factor" within ( Any ) given movie franchise is -{ Bound πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ }- to diminish... ( & Very-Significantly, At That ) ...with the advent of each new instalment, -Of- said franchise. So. -{ All }- things considered, I'm giving the picture " A Loud, Supportive 7.50 Marks Out Of 10 πŸ‘ πŸ’₯❗" .
79 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tom and Jerry (2021)
{ RIDICULOUSLY } ..Stupid.. Yet It πŸ‘‰{ STILL }πŸ‘ˆ Had Me In Stitches 🀣 πŸ€£β—Don't Let The { UNNATURAL } Looking Elephants In The Trailer Put U Off ; It's A Fun Film, Overall βœ… .
12 March 2021
A { Micro } Review ; And A -{ B i g }- Screen Review .

______________________________________________________

Chef Jackie : " I will not let this hotel be ruined by a cat and a mouse πŸ˜‘β—" ( referring, Of Course, to the 'demolition duo' of Tom and Jerry ) .

______________________________________________________

Fun Fact 🌝 : Over the course of its original run, the -{ Madly }- talented animation duo of William Hanna and Joseph Barbera produced an Un-equivocally impressive total of One-hundred-and-fourteen " Tom and Jerry " short movies for MGM from 1940 to 1958. During this time, they won a Whopping -{ S E V E N πŸ™† πŸ’₯❗}- Academy Award in the 'Best Animated Short Film' category. Well, although that fact certainly helped -{ Motivate }- me to watch " Tom and Jerry " { 2021 }, it is 'in no way' meant to be a hint from me-to-you, that -{ This }- particular iteration of the world famous entertainment franchise is in any way worthy of a 'Best Feature' Oscar .

πŸ‘‰{ However }πŸ‘ˆ , EVEN having said that, I want to make it clear that : ' just the very contemplation ' : of the " Genuinely Phenomenal Levels Of Imagination" that it must have taken the dramatically & -{ Comedically }- Fabulous πŸ’Žβ—ChloΓ« Grace Moretz { & a whole -Host- of other Principal-characters } to, well ...( basically )... perform -The Entire Picture- opposite their two " Leading Critters " who ( in-point-of-fact ), well... didn't really even EXIST-At-All ...leaves one in complete " Awe " of -not only- their collective Acting Prowess πŸ’œβ—, but also with a 'Profound' sense of -{ Respect }- for the impressively ambitious scope of the overall project, itself .

Summary : I -Sincerely- recommend enjoying this just as more of a casual, 'at home, sort of watch'..... { -Unless- , Of Course , you happen to be chaperoning πŸ‘‰( Pre-Teens )πŸ‘ˆ to the Movies ( & hopefully in a safe watching environment, at that ) } ...& -{ Not }- as a full fledged cinema-Event, especially for those of you who may tend to be financially conservative in terms of their big-screen movie watching habits, & more so at this time of ( general ) global hardship. You -{ Won't }- be remiss, watching it on a streaming platform, or on Dvd , -{ INSTEAD }- . A " Supportive , -{ Pandemic Considerate }- " 6.50 out of 10 😘 🐭 🐱 .
81 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boss Level (2021)
Stuck In A RutπŸ˜’ & Need Some " CreativeπŸ’₯Inspiration to Evolve❓" ..This Film Blooms From -{ CRASS & ORDINARY }- to 1 that's Rich In Some " Truly Moving & Beautiful Metaphors "
22 February 2021
A -{ Mini }- Review .

______________________________________________________

Roy Pulver ( Frank Grillo ) : " The only woman I've ever loved... who can stop this, is still alive. And I have to get killed, over, and over again, until I can save her " . ______________________________________________________

Right, So, ...Hypothetically... If you had queried me, about halfway through this picture, from one of the two " Pandemically-Correct πŸ˜‰ βœ… " do-not-sit cinema seats beside me, as to how I thought this thoroughly 'relentless' movie's narrative arc might progress, or even culminate, I wouldn't have been able to answer correctly, 'to save my life'. And when it comes to movies & me .....that is -Most- definitely a " Very, Very, Very Good " Thing. Why❔because I'm an -Absolute- Stickler❗for films that ~{ End }~ up, when all is said & done, being, shall we say, ~{ " Wonderfully " }~ Unpredictable -DESPITE- the marked presence, within said film, of a seemingly obvious predilection towards a predetermined outcome .

However, even -{ Having }- said that... In Truth ...it took -A Good While- for the film to -Actually- start to grow on me. Let me 'Attempt' to describe whatever it was that ~{ Genuinely }~ surprised me in the case of -THIS- particular 'High Octane Big Action Blockbuster' flick , ( as follows ) . Well, so..... πŸ‘‰{ On-The-One-Hand }πŸ‘ˆ, the ~{ Fact }~ is, that this film felt : -Not Only- a little annoying & 'repetitive, as well as " straight up gruesome to the point of being almost outright " Macabre " ; but -Also- rather 'Crass', Stereotypical, & chock full of standard, 'Run-of-the-mill' popcorn-flick clichΓ©s .....{ for what seemed like the ( -Entire- ) first quarter of its 01:45:00 run time }. Not to mention the decidedly "Glaring" fact that a movie utterly ~{ REPLETE }~ with all manner of Gaming-References ( including a few rather sweetly-Nostalgic 'Analog Type' ones ), is in effect... ~{ " Phenomenally " }~ ...inappropriate β›” for children of -Any- age, on account of the gore & language in the film, -Alone- ( ...& that's a bit tragic, really, come to think of it... ) .

But πŸ‘‰{ On-The-Other-Hand }πŸ‘ˆ though, when some loose ends "Very Gradually" start to be squared away & a few critical backstories begin to come to light ; ~{ EVEN }~ leading man Frank Grillo's potentially irksome, somewhat nasal, 'N.Y.C-By-Way-Of-Calabria', ( & profanity -"Saturated"- ), drawl... thankfully ...does -Not- stand in the way of bringing that real "Thrill-Factor" ( πŸ‘ πŸ’₯ ) into the house, & with "Full Effect", at that. So, in retrospect, I'm going to attribute this to the delightful ability of Director Joe Carnahan -( 2010's 'The A-Team' Remake )- to interweave 'A Little Heart And Soul' into his films, ~{ Irrespective }~ of how Chaotic, Irreverent & indeed, even outright " FRENETIC " the unfolding action in the picture might prove to be. An often subtle... yet ultimately " Tremendous " ...Performance from the "ever-ResplendentπŸ’Ž" Naomi Watts ( 'Jemma Wells' - Roy's ex-wife in the story ) is a huge & 'obvious' Boost to the entire paradigm ; while the -Biological- son that she & Roy Pulver share in the film, 'Joe Wells' ...{ get this : played by none other than Frank Grillo's ~{ Real Life πŸ‘¦β—}~ child Rio }... brings a " Vividly Radiant " Cuteness & Innocence to the fray, -Significantly- lightening up what would otherwise ~{ Just }~ be fairly crude, bloody & -( Unquestionably )- less appealing cinematic fare .

Summary : Once you get over the slightly, err... ~{ Tedious }~ ...& remarkably violent flashback "Inundated" buildup to the -Actual- "Real-Time" narrative ( or as 'close-to-that' as is realistically possible, given the, um... 'Edge Of Tomorrow meets Groundhog Day' aspect of the film ) ; this ~{ Is }~ an ' Unabashed , & Refreshingly small-talk and B.S-Free { πŸ‘ βœ… } ' ..... " In-Your-Face " sort of a film ..... & -Yes- it's most definitely laced with its fair share of some really ~{ " Darkly " }~ Funny Moments, as well. An { UN }-equivocal 9.50 Marks out of 10, motivated -Primarily- by the veritable smorgasbord of Uplifting & POWERFUL πŸ‘Š πŸ’œβ— Messages ; with -Most- of them being concentrated in the movie's Final Act .
84 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monster Hunter (I) (2020)
Call The Film "A MONSTER OF A MOVIE" Or "Jurrasic Park On Acid" ( IT'S BOTH βœ…βœ… )... Paul W.S Anderson Is Now -{ "Officially" }- A WORLD CLASS ⭐⭐⭐ Action-Blockbuster Director .
20 December 2020
____________________________________________________

A -{ Mini }- Review . ____________________________________________________

First & foremost: if you're someone who's -{ NOT }- into this genre { Namely: 'Full Throttle action films borne -( Entirely )- of pure fantasy type video games' } ..'at all'.. then ( kindly ) move right along. Nothing. To. See. Here. PERIOD β›” . Conversely, if, ( like me ), you ~{ Aren't }~ too picky when it comes to the whole genre thing, πŸ‘‰In-The-First-PlaceπŸ‘ˆ, and can kick back & enjoy a ( Truly ) exciting film... ~{ " As long it transports you to Another-Dimension πŸ˜‰ for a little while " , or even just helps you get away from life's 'PETTY-LITTLE-PERPLEXITIES' for a little while, ( & come away " Enthralled And Beaming πŸ”₯ " ) }~ ...then this review is " Especially " for you. Jump. Right. IN❗.

Ok, so ~{ Even }~ in this unprecedented age of " Prolific Digital Super-realism " in -both- CGI ( computer generated imagery ), -as well as- SPFX ( special effects creation ) 'right across the modern cinematic board', so to speak..... to the point where it is most certainly starting to at least -( Seem )- as though we now, ( Very Sadly 😒 ), often find ourselves taking these two ~{ " HUUUGELY❗" }~ labour intensive aspects of film production ~ " Almost For Granted " ~ .....the veritable plethora of monsters featured in Monster Hunter have been brought to life by the filmmakers ( and, of course, their collective little ' Army ' of Animatronic Modellers, Digital Artists & Effects Specialists ), with sheerly " STUNNING 🌠 " prowess. My heart well & truly goes out to ~{ Every Single One }~ of you die hard fantasy -slash- monster flick aficionados, that is genuinely " Aching " to watch this picture on the " Big " screen ; but will more than likely be unable to do so, -( Completely )- on account of the Covid-19 Pandemic situation in your particular country -slash- region .

In as much as the 'Mirth And Hilarity' Department is concerned, I can -unequivocally- assure you that this film not only has its 'fair share' of Laughs, but that they tend to show up in the most ~{ Unexpected }~ of places, & often in the most ~{ Charming πŸ˜… }~ of ways. And I say this.... " Knowing as we -Now- do, ( for-a-fact ), that the bedrock of practically -Any- successful, fun, typical, big budget action-"drenched" blockbuster these days, lies in the said film's ability to -artfully- ( & of course -tastefully- ), weave a hefty dose of that much needed thing known as HUMOUR βœ… into the eager fabric of its otherwise ( almost -inevitably- ) 'relentless and frenetic' narrative arc " . And speaking ~{ Of }~ 'the funnies'... if you were to put a gun to my head & said that I simply ~{ Had To }~ point out a 'glaring' weakness in Monster Hunter ; it would most certainly be the utterly ~{ Baffoonish 🀑 }~ look of the ( normally ) robust, often even " Majestic❗" looking Ron Perlman ( 'Admiral' ), who of course played the lead character in the very well received -( original )- "Hellboy" duology. Other than that I honestly cannot say that I had any really ~{ " Serious " }~ qualms with the movie .

Summary : The Fabulous Milla Jovovich 🌠 ~{ And }~ The ( Equally ) Fabulous Thai Martial-Arts Veteran Tony Jaa 🌠 have truly performed their parts to perfection. But then again, I would've given this genuinely superb production a Solid Score on the merits of its ( visually ) " mind-numbing " Technical Success, ~{ ALONE }~ . 8.25 Glorious Marks out of 10 πŸš€ πŸ”₯❗.
130 out of 240 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mulan (2020)
If you like huge, lavish, vivid, fiery and indeed... truly ~{ " atmospheric " }~ productions, then this is your " MU-vie πŸ’ƒπŸ’₯πŸ€Ίβ—β—" .
13 October 2020
______________________________________________________

" Loyal , Brave , True " πŸ”₯ . ______________________________________________________

OK, so.... ~{ Yes }~ I'm prepared to " -Readily- " admit that the Up-And-Coming Kiwi Director Niki Caro πŸ’Ž ( -of "The Zookeper's Wife" acclaim- ) Blockbuster-Offering "Mulan" has enough holes in its story -( As Well As )- within its cumulative plot devices and assorted machinations, to make the whole thing feel a bit like Swiss-Cheese ... but then again .... as it turns out ... once in a while ~{ Even }~ a little 'Cinematic Swiss Cheese' can be quite a " Pleasantly Surprising " treat 🍿 , every once in a while . In the twenty-two ARDUOUS years between Christine Aguilera's -Dual- and ~{ Genuinely πŸ’™ Gorgeous & Soul-Stirring }~ renditions of " Reflection " ( from 1998's Animated "Mulan" ; & the current 2020 'Live-action' version, respectively ) .....Disney has ~{ Unequivocally }~ come a Long, Long, Long Way .

The Man... er, I think I mean "Woman-Of-The-Hour" Yifei Liu 🌠 performs ~{ Spendidly }~ in what can only be described as a "Head-splittingly" challenging role for a Lady to play, from the very get-go. ~{ To complicate matters even more, she's a ( -Seriously- ) Pretty Lady ( - at that - ), making the transition from DECIDEDLY attractive female to 'Just-one-the-boys'... 'that' much harder to ( -Believably- ) pull off }~ . And if -{ That }- wasn't impressive enough, well, get this : she ~{ Also }~ performs a Whopping 90% of her own stuntsπŸ‘πŸ’₯. Furthermore, the whole picture's been Beautifully Acted by -Most- , -If Not All- of the Principal Players, of whom the following ~{ Really }~ stood out for me. Tzi Ma ( Mulan's father 'Zhou' ), Xana Tang ( Mulan's sister 'Xiu' ), Gong Li ( the Sorceress 'Xianning' ), Donnie Yen ( 'Commander Tung' ), Jet Li ( The Chinese Emperor ), Jun Yu ( Mulan's chubby, & "Delightfully" bumbling friend 'Cricket' ), & finally Yoson An who plays 'Hongh', ( one of the 'Other', although "Slightly-less-major" Swashbuckling Heroes of the film.

Now, just to give you a ~{ Small }~ example of one of those "holes" that I briefly mentioned in my Introduction .... well, I suppose I was probably a bit bothered by the following { πŸ‘‡ } fact from the movie, because it created a sense of ~{ Palpable }~ " Imbalance βš– β›” " within the story for me ; rendering a film that Disney 'officially' billed ~{ Sheerly }~ as "Action, Adventure, & Drama" fare, as more of a confused sort of "Neither-here-nor-there" ~{ " fantasy-Lite " }~ .... sort of picture { πŸ˜Άβ”} . Caused by the fact that the film's -Only- ( & recently referenced ) 'henchwoman' : in the form of the, er ..... -( how do I best say this without giving anything away❔)- ..... πŸ‘‰{ " At First -Seemingly- ( nothing πŸ”΅ ) more than " }~πŸ‘ˆ super-diabolical and bloodthirsty Killer-Witch Xianning ; has this truly Phenomenal "Yet Utterly Ominous" ~{ Supernatural 😱 }~ ability to not only shape-shift into a myriad of ( -Equally- ) vicious attack-birds, but to -Also- ...literally... enter & 'Occupy' other living humans in her vicinity. Here's the only problem with that : πŸ‘‰{ No One Else }πŸ‘ˆ , & I well & truly mean No-One-Else.... { -Counting- of course, the -Otherwise- "Exceptionally Gifted" Mulan , -( As Well )- , as her dearly revered & Beloved "Benevolent-Phoenix" conjuring father } ; possesses Powers that even come ~{ Close }~ to Xianning's ....hence creating a ( - particularly❗- ) " Glaring " IMBALANCE within the movie's fundamental structure .

However , πŸ‘‰ In Retrospect πŸ‘ˆ , and ~{ Other-than }~ the point I that just addressed above , ~{ And }~ a few other ( strangely ) 'less bothersome' aspects..... ~{ like how Mulan survives for weeks, ( perhaps even -Months- ) on end : without being -Exposed- as a GIRL 🌹; in a clearly large, Very sweaty & ( -Overwhelmingly- ) Boisterous -Male - dorm }~ .....I think I very likely 'thoroughly' enjoyed the film ~{ " In-the-moment " }~ , that is, & for the 'Most Part', anyway , ~{ Even❗}~ wishing it had been Longer. So in closing , Well , just make sure to look out for the "Unmistakably" Atmospheric Scene, ( -about- ) halfway thru the film, of a profoundly 'Solitary & Meditative' Mulan, that marvellously captures -Her- overarching mood , -As Well- as the Film's , at a certain ( intensely poignant ) moment in the narrative arc, when she's depicted way up in the Chinese mountains ( at some point in her quest ) ; as she ( appears to ) utterly " Revel " ...in a ~{ VIVIDLY ❗}~ Awe-Inspiring Sunset Vista πŸŒ„ " , altogether "Immersed" in that ( ever so familiar ) sun kissed " Rich & Spectacular Crimson-Gold Aura Of Sheer Visual-Ecstasy " . { Not to mention the accompanying 'Soaring & Exquisite' Score that gives the scene its mind numbingly beautiful Cinematic " Wings πŸ•Š " } .

Summary : I " Lucidly " remember the -( Aforementioned πŸ‘† )- scene, as the point in the film at which I felt a certain inexplicable sense of asurance that I was going to leave the theatre ~{ " Beaming " }~ ...and indeed ; after the ( Final fifteen minutes ) of the picture had completely "Sealed-the-deal" by working their " Soul Stirringly " Uplifting Movie Magic 🌠 on me ...I totally ~{ Did }~ . An Unabashedly Heartfelt 8.50 Marks Out Of 10 πŸ˜ƒ πŸ’₯❗.
107 out of 182 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ALL those X-Men films prepared me WELL , for this ~{ E X T R A }~ deep dive into the SUPERNATURAL😱... The Movie is "Super-Bizarre" , but ~{ V E R Y }~ Creative , Indeed πŸ”₯ .
11 September 2020

A { -Micro- } Review .

Danielle Moonstar : " There's a Native American proverb that says : Inside every person there are two bears, forever locked in combat for your soul. One bear is all things good: compassion, love, trust. The other is all things evil: fear, shame and self-destruction " .

Expect some REALLY good dramatic, intense, and romantic πŸ’˜ -even- performances... from this small but Truly ⭐ Fine smattering of ~{ Young πŸ’Ž }~ actors and actresses ; carefully ~{ Handpicked }~ from Hollywood's new brood of "Up-And-Comers". Music-composer Mark Snow { of 'Huge' X-Files πŸ‘½ Acclaim } provides a fittingly... " All at once Eerie Yet Still Vivid & Soaring " ...theme, that very nicely dramatizes all those 'Super-creepy' moments in the film ; & believe me you, there are a whole bunch of them to boot. Also, for what it's worth, I actually thought that Rahne's relationship with Danielle was ~{ Truly Moving }~ at the very Least 🌠 .

The film was big fun, and refreshingly different from what came before. The -{ Entire }- film is essentially predicated on, & centered around, the lives & actions of, get this..... { ~JUST SIX~ } Principal ⭐ Characters on One Single ( sprawling ) Estate " ...& I was -{ STILL }- entertained to bits. A Lively ~{ Enthusiastic πŸ˜ƒ }~ 7.00 Marks Out Of 10 .
85 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tenet (2020)
SUPERB , Stupendous πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ . Having Said That ..I'd Hoped for MORE from my hero CHRIS NOLAN 🌠 ; or perhaps.. " LESS❓❗" ...now I'm not quite sure... { ~ WHICH 😢😢😢 ~ } .
2 September 2020
______________________________________________________

The Protagonist : " This reversing { of } the flow of time, does us being here now, mean it { - Never - }... happened ? " .

Plunging " Headfirst 🎯 " into the Action from the very ~{ GET GO }~ , Tenet is in ~{ No Way }~ lacking in that proverbial, age old, & ever cherished "thrills-and-spills" Department. The actors ( R-Patz, Elizabeth Debicki, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia ) were all 'generally' well cast, with the choice of John David Washington 🌠 in the Lead-Role as ' The { Fresh-faced, new } Protagonist ', resonating in a very Obvious & Powerful { πŸ”₯ } way, in this era of ' Hashtag-B.l.m ' ( etc. )... whether that was by design, or whether it wasn't .

Having-Said-That : The dialogue in that thoroughly action-"Drenched" first scene of the film, which I just jubilantly hinted at above, is also for the Most Part, quite unfortunately, ... " Almost - Entirely - Unintelligible " ..I'm Afraid . { Nb } : This is in part due to the fact that most ( if not all ) the primary characters in that scene are -actually- wearing Swat Style gas masks during their performances for pretty much what turned out to be almost the -Entire- scene { ..filmed at the -Fittingly- beautiful and atmospheric Estonia Concert Hall in Linnahall, Tallinn } .

This aspect of the production { namely : the " Profound " inability to comprehend ( ~ A Lot ~ ) of what is being said by nearly ( ~ All ~ ) of the Lead-characters in the picture at Many, Many, Many, Many, Many points in the film }, is what eventually turns out to be its unequivocal, & 'enduring' .....( Even )..... Achille's Heel. Please be aware that I -{ Do Not }- say this 'lightly'. And this is Totally-Because of the fact that this particular cinematic presentation is ~{ Wholly }~ reliant on a very way-out-there, er " supremely science-{ Fantastical πŸ”΄ } " ...( and as yet ~ Non Existent ~ )... concept of theoretical physics called ~ Temporal Inversion πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ ⏳ ~ { this basically means : the ' Reversing ' ...of what would be considered certain ~otherwise quite ordinary~ ( " Space / Some Very Specific Related Physical Objects / Time " ) events... and what have you } .

Therefore, this very unique 'Special-Feature' of Tenet makes the need to understand, very literally ~{ every single word }~ of dialogue in the movie extremely well.... of paramount importance. Sadly, that was anything ~{ But }~ the case. So, in a nutshell, my son loved it, while my wife -A Nurse- already exhausted from having worked a solid 9 hour Afternoon-shift prior to our having watched the film }, simply said she " couldn't understand it , at all " ....{ Outright }. As for me ....well , you may well -{ Yet }- get a "very different" sounding review from me, as a 'Profound-Update' to this one, once I ( eventually ) have the 'utter-Luxury' of watching it a couple of times, with the ~{ Subtitles }~ on, for a change .....once it comes out on Dvd / Amazon / Netflix ( etc. ) .

Summary , 8.25 Marks Out Of 10 : πŸ‘‰{ BREATHTAKINGLY } Beautiful shots and Vistas ; { The picture was shot in, get this ( πŸ’― πŸ”₯❗)..... 1Talinn- Estonia, 2Mumbai- India, 3RΓΈdbyhavn- Denmark, 4Oslo-Norway, 5Victorville- California, 6Southampton- U.k, 7Los Angeles- California, 8London- U.k, 9Riverside County- California, & finally.. 10~Several~ locations all across Italy, culminating on its stunning & ~( Exotic )~ you guessed it ...Amalfi Coast } . The film was ( quite-Obviously ) my Hero Chris Nolan's 🌠 second - & "Final", perhaps - " Aspirational James Bond Directorial ResumΓ©-Film " , & succeeds quite ~{ Spectacularly }~ in that respect . But to Really " Feel , & Absorb " the film ; I'll ~{ Seriously }~ .....have to watch it a few more times..... Atleast 🌝 .
72 out of 140 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jojo Rabbit (2019)
NO ONE { - Quite - } Blends Cinematic Moods & Genres The Way Taika Waititi Does . . . This Is A Bittersweet Pick-Me-Up , With A " DIVINELY ⭐⭐⭐ " { - Cheeky - } Spirit .
5 April 2020
" A { - Micro - } Review " .

So you think you've seen It All❔❔❔. No, not until you've seen this Utterly { - " Splendorous " - } , Soul Stirring 🌠 , Gorgeously, Beautifully Crafted, & Oh Yes, " SHEERLY RIB-TICKLING " ..{ at -( Several )- points in the film, especially within the First half }... World War II ' Side story ' about an exceptionally bright little 10 year old German boy called Johannes ' Jojo ' Betzler & what he discovers hidden up in the attic of his very own home . . . . . You Haven't. This Oscar Winning Film ( Best Adapted Screenplay 2020 for it's Director-Screenwriter Taika Waititi πŸ†) delivers Profoundly { - CLEVER- } writing ; as well as a truly { - " Insanely Phenomenal " - } Mad, Wild, Zany rendition of Jojo's imaginary muse, friend & Idol "Funner"-Brand Adolf, played to an Absolute Tee by none other than the aforementioned Man-of-the-hour & just... ' All Around ' Kiwi Cinematic Genius Mr. Waititi Himself. Not to mention a Veriable 'Plethora' of { - " Deeply, Deeply, Deeply " - } Heartwarming performances from the likes of Scarlett JohanssonπŸ†( ' Rosie ' ), Thomasin McKenzie ( ' Elsa ' ), Sam Rockwell ( ' Captain Klenzendorf ' ) . . . . . & Indeed, from the { - Completely - } Adorable, Sweet & Down to earth ..( & I mean " in real life " )... little title-character playing Roman Griffin Davis . . . . . Kudos ❕❕.

Summation : A Happy-Sad yet { - SUPREMELY , " DELIGHTFULLY " QUIRKY - } tale of Discovery , " Re-Discovery " Eventual Enlightenment . . . & Yes Indeed . . . " That Proverbial Solid , Golden Light 🌠 At The End Of The Tunnel " , Itself . A Massively Heartfelt " 12 Marks Out Of 10 " .
78 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iron Man 3 (2013)
🌠 RDJ Is His Entirely { Expected } Utterly Spectacular Self, Along With ( Every ) Other Principal.. But Kingsley & Paltrow { -"Dazzle"- } ..With A Sheerly Blinding Light 🌠 .
26 March 2020
" A { - Mini - } Review " .

{ Tony Stark sets a fire in a Diner's kitchen to keep Brandt out. To his horror, she walks right thru, & just keeps coming at him } . Tony : " You walked right into this one : I've dated hotter chicks than you... " . Brandt : { Scoffs } . " Is that all you've got ? A cheap trick & a cheesy one liner ? . Tony : " Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography " . { Tony suddenly 'dashes' out of the kitchen door, as his hidden booby trap "Spectacularly" blows up the -( entire )- kitchen, killing Brandt ..."Instantly" } .

So this Review is about " Seven years too late " , your'e thinking ? . Well you're spot-on . . . . . But, quite frankly, So What ? ! ! This picture's a Wonderful, Meaningful, & indeed " Fun Drenched πŸ€£β—" Grand Finale to the Globally Beloved ' Ironman Trilogy ' . The Producers , Director Shane Black 🌠 , & of course Robert Downey Jr. Himself.. ' Well And Truly Shine ' ...in their - entirely - Remarkable effort to give Tony Stark's Ironman as much of a { - " Human Face " - } as possible... as against just 'hiding' him inside one of his - phenomenally - Formidable Iron Suits for a ( potentially ) disproportionate length of screen time. To those who may say that the whole ' Extremis ' aspect of the plot is Just { - Too - } " Far Fetched " ...I need only remind you of the following ....{ - Fact - } .

This film, which is essentially based on a whole bunch of Marvel Comic-books, is... { Like ( - All - ) other such films } ....'At the end of the day' . . . . . { A science " Fantasy " } . Enough Said . Separately, I want to extend a 'Huge & Hearty' Thank You πŸ’ to { - All - } 3 aforementioned parties for keeping the movie so " Impressively Honest " . By that I'm ( quite specifically ) referring to things in the film such as the Mandarin's ' Deliciously ( πŸ˜…β—) Brutal " Great Satan Takedown Rants " . . . . . ( - All - ) of which were at the very least - " Based On " - Solid, Undeniable, { - Historical - } . . . . . Truths πŸ’Ž . And finally... look out for some Absolutely " Mesmerising " - { Acting } - from Ben Kingsley's ' Mandarin ' & Gwyneth Paltrow's ' Pepper Potts ' ....who ( - Both - ) have a few completely { - Massive - } Surprises .....in store for you πŸ”₯ πŸ˜‰ .

My Summation : This Is " As Close To Perfect πŸ’― " As ...What Is Essentially... A { - " Fantasy " - } Film Could Ever Get . It Is , All Said And Done..... Vivaciously, Ridiculously And " Deliriously 😍 " .....Enjoyable . A { - " Wildly " - } Wholehearted , Exuberant 13 Marks Out Of 10 πŸ˜‰ πŸ’₯❗.
78 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gemini Man (2019)
PLEASE πŸ™ Stop The Hate , And Open your hearts to Will Smith's { - Prolific πŸ’Ž - } Multiple Role Performance . I Promise βœ‹ . . . { - You Will πŸ’Ž - } " Be Moved " .
17 March 2020
" A { - Mini - } Review " .

" There are those times , Every Now And Then , When it is { - Truly - } Not Too Late for a ' GREAT REDEMPTION 🌠 ' to occur . . . { - Even - } . . . in the face of the most ' Seemingly Overwhelming Odds ' " .

You see, I watch Movies to enjoy them, & not to tear them to pieces. You'll probably find several reviews on Imdb telling you why you... { - shouldn't - } ...watch this - Relentlessly - Paced And Utterly Delectable Little Cinematic " Gem πŸ”₯ " . Well, thankfully, I'm here to tell you why you... well, perhaps ....{ - Should - } . If you're someone who wasn't able to catch the profoundly talented and multi-faceted, yet often " Underrated πŸ˜” " Will Smith in either ' Ali ' , or ' The Pursuit Of Happyness ' , or both ( not to mention literally about 25 or so other less 'critically' acclaimed films ) . . . . . then you most certainly missed out. Both pictures earned him - Solid - ' Best Actor Oscar ' Nominations. But fear not, because the truly - { Moving πŸ’Ž } - Dramatic performances ( Yes... " Plural " , on account of the multiple parts that he plays in the movie ) that he delivers here, will simply ' Blow - you - away ' . Furthermore, add to the mix the wonderfully natural Mary Elizabeth Winstead's "Danny Zakarweski" ; & the M.C.U's Much Loved Benedict Wong, playing ace aviator "Baron", and you have a recipe for some really { Fun πŸŒβ—} Thrills, and Spills .

Now I've read some "Professional" Critic 'Reviews' that have made a Big Deal about the fact the picture's 120fps/4K { Frames-per-second/Resolution } ' Sheer Cutting Edge ⭐ ' filming format is somehow " Distracting ". { - Not - } true . In a separate instance, 'Chief' Film Critic Fionnuala Halligan from Screen Daily actually went so far as to say that Will Smith's ( just referenced ) Absolutely "Stunning" multiple role ( - including one 'Digitally De-Aged' rendition nominated by the A.F.C.A for the ' Best Motion Capture / Special Effects Performance ' Award 2019 - ) performance fell "..a little flat" , & went on to say that it seemed almost "...wilfully generic". Well, dear Fionnuala, I do hereby then politely & respectfully, Publicly ->- { Invite } ->- you to declare ( ..and ' Very ' truthfully at that, Please.. ) as to whether ->- { You } ->- would be able to perform the exact same parts as Will Smith did, in said picture..... blow - for - blow ; & achieve even ' One Per Cent ' - of what this truly Gifted gentleman has managed to achieve . . . . . . . in this decidedly magnanimous, & completely - Riveting - Picture .

Thankfully πŸ™ , Most bright - { & Sensible } - movie Lovers are - Already - aware that these so called professional critics can { ->- " OFTEN " ->- ( though ->- Not ->- always, fortunately πŸ˜…β—) } . . . . . be " Over-educated , Smug ... & often just " Outright Nasty πŸ’₯ " .... supposed ' people ' . So I guess we'll just leave that there, then. I mean . . . . . . . . if Fionnuala had - { Actually } - gone the distance & { ->- Also ->- } watched the film in simple, pristine 2D, { Without all that ->- Entirely ->- expendable ' 3D plus type gimmickery ' } ; instead of Merely just doing her decidedly Rushed & " Profoundly Lazy " takedown of what in reality is an -- Entirely -- Enthralling And Beautiful Project , she would have ( unequivocally ) found what I'm saying to you ( about just viewing the film in Basic-format ) to be - altogether - self evidencing. And that finally brings me to none other than the film's " Truly " Visionary Director, Ang Lee 🌠 , ( whose universally beloved " Life of Pi " bagged a Whopping - Four - Oscars, no less, including that 'Hotly' coveted award for Best Director ) . He's done a truly tremendous job, working with such genuinely complex, Creatively Challenging... & 'Wildly' { - Special Effects Hungry - } material, as this .

Summation : An Exuberant - And Resounding - " 13 " Marks Out Of 10 , Given How Genuinely Uplifted - { My Entire Family } - Was By This - Not Only - Vivid And Thrilling . . . . . But Also - { Delightfully THOUGHTFUL } - Film's " Pretty Soul πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ " . . . . . As Well πŸ‘ πŸ’™β—.
76 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Birds of Prey (2020)
A -Completely- Fun, Big " Antiheroine " Romp For { Adults }.. This Film's -Completely- BonkersπŸ’₯πŸ’£ BUT ..I'm { Still } Not -Completely- Certain What To Quite Make Of It😢😢...
28 February 2020
  • Harley Quinn { to Cassandra Cain at the supermarket } : " There's two ways we're getting that diamond out of you ; this.... "
  • ( ..Shows her laxative ) .
  • Harley Quinn : " ...or this... "
  • ( ..Shows her a carving knife ) .
{ Cassandra very " Wisely " chooses the laxative } .

OK, so first , a couple of the ->- { ' Plusses ' } ->- in Random Order . Let me start by saying that this film has an Absolute " Killer πŸ˜‰β•" Soundtrack . By the time the " Super Phatt " beats of rapper Jucee Froot's ' Danger ' -{ Absolutely }- " ExplodedπŸ’₯πŸ’£ " into the already 'frenzied' cinema that I happened to be in ....heralding the funky credits at the end... I was entirely cognizant of having thoroughly {❕} enjoyed the final act of " Birds Of Prey " . Suffice to say that the satisfyingly lengthy & Totally Mad { " Carnival Of Death + Funhouse Mirrors + Ghouls ( Goons ) " } 'Finale' fight sequences, rife with the 4 - { Yes "Four", in that ( -even- ) Cassandra Cain.. the young girl (❕) in the story ...partook in the action } - other female principal actors led by Harley Quinn, in the 'fight of their lives' in Both ' serious & dramatic ' - As Well As - ' meretriciously & lavishly Comedic fashion ' . . . . { More Than } elicited its required response from me. Not to mention the fact that I was able to { -Joyously- } observe ...yet again... that even a ( Seriously 😜 ) 'Wacky-As-Bats' film like this can come packaged with a few Good & Uplifting Ideals mixed in there... 'somewhere' ....{ Eg. Sisterhood, Second Chances, Taking the higher ground -( Even )- if it means risking one's life towards that end .....etc. } .

It became strikingly self-evident... ( to me atleast ) ..Very Early on in the picture that Ewan McGregor's Wildly, Colourfully, Despotically Evil " Black Mask ->- a.k.a Roman Sionis " might just as well have been an amalgam of -{ Both }- 'Harvey Two-Face' -{ And }- 'The Riddler' from Joel Schumacher's " Batman Forever " . Which would put " Birds Of Prey " , by way of a broad, loose aggregate, at a - { Sort Of } - weird cross between -( say )- a 'Batman Forever' ( 1995 ) & a 'Moulin Rouge' ( 2001 ) ; with a generous handful of some of the more Nefarious aspects of -( say )- something like the Iconic 1990 Mafia Classic 'Goodfellas' - { or, for that matter, literally... just about ->- ( Any ) ->- other " Gloriously Profane β›” " & - Very - Violent big budget Adults-Only film out there } - thrown into the mix, as well. Now, ' In - And - Of - Itself ' . . . that wouldn't " Necessarily " be a bad thing. But once all those " Rampant { πŸ’₯❗} Mf-s and F-s and B-s " - and a whole lot more - start flying around as freely as ever , you { - Seriously - } find yourself being rudely 'Ripped' out of the otherwise 'nice and cozy' comic-book movie " Suspension Of Disbelief " that you might have been experiencing previously . . . . & thrust into what could easily be "Just another huge, messy - { and yes . . Adult } - high stakes action Crime Drama " .

And that brings us squarely to my ->- { Absolute } ->- No.1 Gripe about Birds Of Prey. Let me put it this way. Would it's upcoming ( and very -Obviously- talented ) Director have ' Willingly ' allowed a young daughter of her { -- Own -- } , ( Hypothetically Speaking, Of Course ), to play the part of the aforementioned 'Hopelessly Compulsive' pickpocket ( & product of a 'Horribly' broken home ) Cassandra . . . . Get This . . . . that -- { ⭐⭐ 13 Β½ ⭐⭐ } -- year old Ella Jay Basco πŸ‘© plays in the picture. Now to those of you who { -Have Already- } seen the movie ( & pretty much - know - where I'm going with this )... do hear me out. I { - Entirely- } understand that Ella is a 'Professional' Actor just taking a given Character off a page, & bringing her to Life. But I ask atleast the - { Parents Of Young Children } - among you . . . . . . . given - ( All ) - that Ella has to witness & partake in over the course of progression of the whole story : from the Profound Glorification of theft, to the often Profound levels of Outright Bloodletting & Gore, to the - { Very } - " disturbingly " liberal🎈use of Profanity . . . right the way thru said picture . . . ' And All Points Inbetween ' . I mean... could the scriptwriters - Seriously - not have written the part for say an 17-19 year old teenage girl instead { At the very least (❗) } ....with more or less the - { Very Same } - desired effect❔❕. ⭐⭐ Just Saying ⭐⭐ .

Summation : Well, The Film ->- { Most Certainly } ->- Succeeds In Its Attempts To Be A " Non-Stop And Splendidly Chaotic , Almost Psychedelic Kaleidoscope Of { - Vivid 🍭 - } , Vibrant And Mercilessly Unrelenting Mayhem , Colour And Carnage " . . . . . All At Once Reminiscent Of Films Like ' Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat ' ( Video - 1999 ) , { - In The ' Purely ' Visual & Stylistic Sense , That Is To Say - } . Yes , That - Is 🌠 - This Troubled Picture's ' Saving Grace ' . . . . . So I'm Giving It A Conflicted Yet Ultimately Decisive πŸ‘ŠπŸ”₯ 7.50 Marks Out Of 10 .
124 out of 224 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
" Organized Chaos " ..... { - But With - } : Fresh Directors , Fresh Feel , Fresh Faces , Fresh Story , & A { Very πŸ’£ πŸ’₯❗} Fresh New Twist .
9 February 2020
A { - micro - } review . ___________________________________________________

Caution 🚸 βœ‹ : This Is A " Profoundly Profane " Film . { Puh Lease❗❗} do not take Anything Or Anyone even vaguely ...Resembling... a { - Minor - } human being to this movie. It is Very Clearly geared towards Adults, and Adults .....{ Alone } . ___________________________________________________

OK then, having gotten that ( - Very ⭐ - ) crucial 'little' detail out of the way, let's get started. The plain truth of the matter is, that I set out to watch "Birds Of Prey" , got held up in some seriously unexpected, mad, traffic ; and ended up having to settle for "Bad Boys III", instead. As you've no doubt gathered by now, I'd not been much of a stickler for said franchise, prior to this . But, being the { - Die Hard - } " Fun Lovin' 😎 πŸ“½ Film-Junkie " that I've ( pretty much - Always ) been, I found myself quietly leaping at the opportunity to ' unravel ' the mystery behind this Film's "Pleasantly Surprising" 7.3 🌠 IMDb Audience-score { given that - ( seemingly ) - far better films have done 'stunningly' worse..... with the very same crowd ( - broadly speaking - ) } .

And here's what I found. It's no Oscar contender, that's for damn sure. However, it is { - Undeniably - } spearheaded by some 'Seriously Strong' Performances ( And Joe Pantoliano πŸ”₯ , Kate Del Castillo & Jacob Scipio jump to mind - Immediately- when I say that ).... & some "Dangerously" Potent & - Capable - Eye Candy ( in the form of Paola NuΓ±ez And Vanessa Hudgens' Miami Cops..... from a - Very Refreshingly - less 'Gung-Ho' special forces mini division known, rather ironically, as "A.m.m.o" ). Indeed, the film is borne of a Thoroughly { - Curious - } " Profane, Dramatic, Unpredictable, & - of course - Comedic πŸ₯‚ 🀣 🀣 'Cocktail' " of : 1. Massive Action Scenes , 2. Truly " Fresh " Storytelling , 3. Pure Chaos ; & Yes... { - even - } 4. A Degree Of Spirituality, as well {❗} .

So Much So, that it indeed leaves you believing that Hollywood "Can Actually" ( - At Times, Atleast - ) be comfortable with being seen to be 'genuinely' attempting to do it's - ' Very Own ' - fair share of " Soul-Searching " - { Within The Context Of The Film Itself } - resulting in the ( " Credible " ) infusion of Powerful Messages of Friendship, Hope { - & Even - } " Redemption πŸ˜‡ " . . . . . into some of its ( Major ) 'Mindless-Fun Type' Action-Blockbuster Offerings.

My Summation : " I Hadn't Laughed So Hard Since The Lighter Moments In 'JoJo Rabbit' . { - Nor - } Did I Necessarily Find Martin Lawrence 'Unbearable' . This Movie { - Does - } Then , All Said And Done , Get A Generous , Exuberant Full Score From Me πŸ‘Šβ—" .
131 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1917 (2019)
" Hauntingly, Chillingly, Tragically, Irrepressibly, Unforgettably Beautiful 🌺 , Mendes's Love Letter To VALOUR 🌠 Speaks To The SHEER INSANITY & VACUOUSNESS . . . Of War " .
17 January 2020
A { - m i c r o - } review .

This film is Very Definitely NOT for the faint of heart... Nor ...is it the movie you want to watch if you're in the mood for that { - " TYPICAL " - } , Mindless Fast-paced Hollywood Blockbuster action thriller that we have ALL come to be so familiar with by now. Indeed, it most certainly would not be a stretch to say that Ace director Sam Mendes 🌠 , ( of James Bond acclaim, & so much more ), has certainly taken his time with - Several - of the shots & scenes on this one. They are gritty, raw, & laborious, { And Not Once }, do they ever feel rushed, or forced .

It is no wonder then, that when you add to that mix some of the ( generally dark & brooding ) ...YET... sweeping, intense & atmospheric vistas of a " Brutally " war scarred Europe - Barren, Desolate, Stark, Forlorn & "Unphotoshopped" as they may be - and lavishly beautiful noir style { orange, gold & crimson rich } night shots that appear Entirely in the middle of the picture ; that truly Prolific Veteran Cinematographer Roger Deakins ( ...with a "WHOPPING" 13 Oscar nominations & 1 straight Oscar Win - for 'Blade Runner 2049' - to his name.. ) has just been nominated..... ( Again ). Not to mention the fact that Mendes himself just took the - Top Two - Prizes at this year's Golden Globes, And ..{ Lo & Behold }... has - Also - just been nominated for { Three } of the Top Honours at the 2020 Academy Awards, which, ( at - This - point ), are a mere 3Β½ weeks in the offing .

The score, written by the - Equally - accomplished Thomas Newman, is simply RIVETING.. with its moments of Crashing, Boisterous & " Sheer, Thunderous " Magnanimity ( as when a full-on armed conflagration is either very, very imminent or actually in progress ) delightfully interspersed with those very " Special, Delicately Haunting melodies that reach into someplace deep within the SOUL ...at just those wonderfully timed moments of "intense, irrepressible feeling". He too, unsurprisingly, was nominated for a Globe - { As Well } - as an Oscar .

The Film Is EXQUISITE πŸ”₯ In Its ' Frightfully - True - To - Life ' Depiction Of The Historically Collossal , War Ravaged { Bleak , Post Apocalyptic & Near " Phantasmagoric " } 1917's Western Front . A Vivacious , Exuberant , " Peace Worshippin' { πŸ•Šβ—} " . . . 13 Marks Out Of 10 .
88 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charlize Theron's Master Criminal Cipher " πŸ’Ž Sparkles " . . . . . With { Panache πŸ‘ŒπŸ”₯ } .
16 January 2020
A { - d.v.d - } review .

Cipher, played by Charlize Theron, to Dominic 'Dom' Toretto, played by Vin Diesel ) : " Well , guess what ? I'm that crocodile at the 'watering hole' , Dom " . Dom does not respond , but instead just listens , with that certain { - Very - } palpable sense .."of bearing a great perturbation and heaviness ".

Today it is Saturday ; January the 25th, 2020, and I'm sheerly " delighted " to be able to confirm to you that, As Of Today, " The F8 Of The Furious " is { Still } very much the Eighteenth biggest English film... { in the World ⭐❕} . . . . & very deservedly so. Now, for those of you that ( perhaps ) consider themslves too, I don't know, what's the word.. " Erudite " , perhaps ? ..to be { Seen } to be, say... 'Consciously' enjoying watching a full blown Russian Nuclear-armed submarine explode out of deadly, half frozen subterranean waters ; only to chase down six unequivocally exotic & " thoroughly out of place " Land vehicles over a magnanimous, sprawling field of rock-solid ice ....... I have but the following to say to you. It is indeed , { πŸ’Ž INCREDIBLY } helpful & important , to always bear in mind that franchises - Like - " The Fast & The Furious " . . . { No } differently from others like , say : 'John Wick' or 'The Expendables', ( or so many others, in fact ), are - First And Foremost - just " fantasies " . . . . . & nothing more.

Yes , no question... these wild & whacky narratives will generally ( always ) be set against a " Very believable sort of " ...{ Real World Backdrop }. But at the end of the day, utter and complete ..{ FANTASIES 🌠 }.. is what they will forever be . Let's . Be . Really . Clear . About. That . And once you watch such pictures with that ' Singular Truth ' Firmly planted in your mind, then the said film( s ) can & Will ..... in this digitally profound age of a kind of " Magical Mastery Of The Cinematic Arts " ( courtesy of the creative powers that be ) ..... continue to - generally - be a Wonder filled, Spirited, & yes indeed ..often... Prolific πŸ’« Experience. But only if you make the Conscious move to stop constantly 'Over-thinking', the poor movie in question, & allow it to . . . " Just Be Itself " . Ok, so having gotten that out of the way . . I'm just going to leave you with the two things I enjoyed - most - about the film, ( besides the " Glaringly " obvious, of course ).

1 Charlize Theron πŸ’Ž : Almost never before have i seen a ( Female ) lead Antagonist . . . Have so much { Outright , Damn Fun } with a role ; whilst - still - very successfully delivering a Performance that is just, well, so... completely " pitch perfect " . Watching her steal practically - every - single scene that she is in , is just . . " A Sheer Joy " . 2 The ...{ " Bald 😍 " }... And The Beautiful : This movie boasts a veritable ( Ensemble πŸŒ β—) cast , from the aforementioned Theron to - " Dame " - Helen Mirren , to Luke Evans , & ' All points in between ' . What's more : just pause for a moment to take a cool, & justifiably wide eyed look at F8's "Top Brass". It's practically an { Expendables Style ) "Who's who" of Action Films, ( and right now I'm referring - just - to the men ), namely Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham ( not to mention that Profoundly comedic " class clown " , Tyrese Gibson ). There's { Even } ...a tiny little bald " Baby 🀣 Diesel " , for good measure. The Quirky And Cheeky interplay between all these madly talented Hollywood virtuosos is truly " Humongous " fun, to watch.

A Lavish , Explosive 12 Marks Out Of 10 { πŸ’₯❗} . The Two Extra Marks Are For 1 : The { - PHENOMENALLY - } , Stunningly , Hilarious ' Statham With Baby ' Scene. 2 : The Poignant, BeauHilariousHilarioustiful, Moving, & ( - Very - ) Timely , Indeed . . . " πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ U. S. A 🀝 CUBA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Message " .
72 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting , Humourous & Intricate πŸ”₯ Enough . . But If You Can't Handle Icky πŸ‘½ & - { Phenomenally } - " Real " Feeling Aliens . . . Then This is Most Definitely Not πŸ”₯ For You
14 January 2020
A d.v.d { - Micro - } Review .

I honestly think it is { Entirely } Possible that the Average, Randomly Sampled movie-goer has a profoundly " Limited " Appreciation For The " Collossal 🌠 " level of { Work } that goes into a picture on this scale... from "Goliath Coordination Challenges", to ( nothing short of ) "Prolific" achievements in Special Effects Creation, to the { - Zillions - } of 'Man-hours' of C.G.I required to create a "truly impressive, Veritable 'Secret Megaverse' of Aliens rampantly proliferating Earth" ( as per the film's long established storyline ).... & " All - Points - In - Between " .

In my earnest bid to understand this generally { Very Fun πŸ˜β•} movie's Very undeservedly low IMDb scores , here are a few very well meaning - of Several, I should say - " Salient Points " I compiled especially for you... ( I certainly hope you find them Helpful ). 1 : { Do Not } compare this to past M.I.B.s, or you Will ⭐ be disappointed . Not to say that one or the other is 'better' ; but that is just the "nature of the beast", when it comes to comparisons with prior iterations of films. 2 : Chris Hemsworth's { Very Obviously } Dashing 😎 'Agent H' has likely come in for a hefty share of criticism for the way his character may have been seen to come across in the film . . . with many, many, many dedicated film lovers still - Entirely - picturing, { albeit semi consciously }, Hemsworth as the.. "Indomitable, Supremely Charismatic, Swashbuckling, Magic Hammer And Axe Wielding God Of Thunder " Thor πŸ’₯ " from all those { Insanely } successful Avengers Films. Meaning that tons of viewers may ( well ) have been a bit Fazed, by the ( " Glaring " ) contrast presented by way of his persona as " H " . . . . depicted in M.I.B.I as a Party-animal, a 'Gigolo Of Sorts', & generally ..just... a bit 'Pompous And Ostentatious' - all around . But then again, and in all fairness . . . that is { - Exactly - } what the role entailed πŸ’‘β•.

3 : Look out for the quasi-comedic & just... truly " Phenomenal " ....major action sequence involving the characters 'M' , Pawny , 'H' , Riza and Luca . The editing - Reeeaaallllly - stands out : it is honestly that { Prolific πŸ’Ž } . Once you get a glimpse of all the nifty Cross-cutting involved, as well as the stunningly good fight choreography featuring a certain "Three Armed Alien" ( at the heart of this fairly sizeable and - Utterly Enthralling - scene ), you'll immediately understand what I'm talking about . It appears at a fairly late stage in the movie .

" Generously Feminist , Gloriously Diverse , & Decidedly Full Of Heart " ; The Film Gets An { - Unabashed - } 9 Marks Out Of 10 From Me . . . KUDOS ⭐❗❗.
130 out of 208 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Textbook Example Of How One Single { Truly πŸ‘Ύ } Racist Word , And A - ( Completely ) - Predictable Ending , Can All But Wreck An Otherwise { Very πŸ’₯❗} Thrilling Film
13 January 2020
A { ' micro ' } DVD-review .

Let me get straight to the point . " f...headistan " . ( The word is Clearly Audible at exactly 00 hours, 48 minutes, & 40 seconds ) . This tragic utterance, commissioned by none other than Gerard Butler's modern day "Swashbuckler" & U.S Presidential "Super bodyguard" Mike Banning, changed the movie for me. And not in a very pleasant way, at that. Occurring shortly before the 'halfway' mark, it is said to one of the Primary Antagonists in the story, and said to him.. { solely } ...on account of his perceived ethnic identity .

Banning consequently goes on to torture and viciously murder this character right before the somewhat "naively unbelieving" eyes of a seemingly shell shocked Aaron Eckhart, playing an 'alternately fiesty and coy' President Benjamin Asher. In a later scene he once again { ->- Very ->- } Brutally tortures a 'terrorist' for some Very Urgently needed "vital & actionable intelligence", almost to the point of death, & has to be physically restrained by operatives of the elite British 'S.A.S' Special Forces who arrive on the scene { just } in the nick of time. The way I see it, Mike Banning proves, unequivocally, that he can be ' Just As Vile, Cold Blooded, & Outright Unhinged ' ...{ ->- if not " More " ->- }.... as the purported 'terrorists' that he and his close friend, the U.S President, were up against .

The actual truth of the matter is, in fact, that the actual depiction of the 'Blitzkrieg' ( from the German WWII strategic term of reference meaning 'Lightning Warfare' ) Style " Full Frontal Assault " on the English Capital was nothing short of { Brilliant }, as were so many, many ( Other ) aspects of the film, as well. Now, I most definitely understand how deadlines, contracts, spur of the moment ideas, multiple input sources ..& the like... might play into the ultimate output of ( Any ) high wire action film on ( this ) magnitude, but even having said that :

" Dear Gerard Butler, you Co - Produced this picture. You should ->- { Never β›” } ->- have let ' that ' word stay in the final cut. That, & . . ( Of Course ) . . . there's that ' Super Predictable ' ending. I am indeed, ' Super Disappointed ' in you " .

Ergo : What ' Could ' Have Been A { Full Score } From Me... Is Now, Very Sadly ....Just 5.50 Marks Out Of 10. What Can I Say ? Why , " Viva - la - f...headistan , Of Course ⭐ πŸ˜¬β—" .
71 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is A Wild , " Fresh⭐⭐ " , Feminist Romp . . . I Thought It Was { - Delightful - } Fun . . . Open Your Minds , People , It's Freakin' 2019 πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ πŸ’₯❗
10 December 2019
A { - " micro " - } r e v i e w .

If you've never read a Review by me before, then this would { probably } be a good time for me to tell you that I watch movies to have a good time out, & not to tear them to pieces as soon as I come back home . As of the time of submission of ( - this - ) Review, I observed, & with a considerable measure of anguish no less, that " Charlie's Angels 2019 " has a { - Patently - } unfair Audience score on this very platform. (The very same film has a 'Rotten Tomatoes' Audience score of 78 % ) .

As far as directorial Second-Outings go, atleast, this was Phenomenal. The Multi-potent, Multi-faceted Elizabeth πŸ’Ž Banks , with a { - relatively - } mere USD 50 Million, has unequivocally demonstrated what a truly " Driven ⭐❕ " Lady-director with tremendous levels of Both Passion, as well as Belief.. ( Not to mention a Massive Body of industry-Experience, " to put it mildly ;) " ) ...can accomplish . The film incorporates, by way of - multiple - scenes, a very touching tribute ❀ to beautiful little girls the World-Over ( there is one particular scene on a boat in Istanbul which exemplifies this nicely ) . And what's more, with her { - Very πŸ˜‡ Conscious -} casting choice of Ella Balinska ( Polish & Jamaican heritage ) & Naomi Scott ( Indian heritage ) as 2 of her 3 female leads, the Phenomenal Banks demonstrates a truly "Earnest", & { " Rock-Solid✊ " } commitment to not just her Warm, inclusionary brand of feminism ; but also to her very plainly apparent { Love } of diversity, and ( - yes I'm just gonna come right out & say it - ) . . . . . " Colour 🍭 " .

Finally, if its action that rocks your boat, then this - thoroughly - Enjoyable picture has a veritable ton of that too ; just ..'sins'... the Vulgarly { Grotesque 😱 } Levels Of Violenceβš”πŸ’₯ & { often literally } retch worthy : gore-"Worship" ..( I honestly don't quite know how else to put it )... of say, ' Rambo-6 ' . Banks finds { Delightfully } creative ways of 'taking out' . . . . . "Baddies" - specially towards the end - when there are so are so many more of them ... without the need for a wholesale " bloodbath " . . . . . to the point that it is actually " Cathartic❕❕

A Rock-Solid 8.75 Marks Out Of 10 πŸ‘β—.
158 out of 287 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Code 8 (2019)
FROM INDIEGOGO CROWDFUND PROJECT To Major Canadian Motion Picture... This Film Is A GRITTY , RAW ~{ " ELECTRIC " }~ THRILL RIDE 🌠 .
7 December 2019

A ~{ Micro }~ review .

This is probably the best use of an Operating-budget that was ( based on ALL the information that I could find after a fairly exhaustive search - something in " the likely neighbourhood " of - ) USD 1.725 Million ....... that I've seen in a long, long time . Spearheaded by the actor-producer team of Real Life cousins Robbie Amell & Stephen Amell ..( TV's "Firestorm" & "The Green Arrow", respectively )... & helmed by the extraordinarily talented relative newcomer Jeff Chan, this picture grips you from the start, & keeps you on the edge of your seat right the way thru ; not by way of Multi-million dollar special effects, but by getting you ~{ Deeply }~ - invested in the humanity of its Lead-protagonists. I must confess that I found the ending a tad bit abrupt... but reveling in the GENUINELY Flawed { & thereby -( Thoroughly )- Believable } nature of said characters ..helped ( s o m e w h a t ) , in making up for that particular shortcoming .

It May - W e l l - Hold Its own With The " Big Boys " { Meaning Its Contemporaneous -( And ' Huge ' )- Cinematic Releases } . . . . . A Wholehearted 7.25 Marks Out Of 10 πŸ‘Šβ—.
98 out of 174 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
RELATIVE NEWCOMER NATALIA REYES MAY BE DIMINUTIVE , BUT SHE'S MOST DEFINITELY A STAR ON THE RISE : BE SURE TO WATCH THIS SPACE πŸŒ β—β—
11 November 2019
A { - " m i c r o " - } review .

"Terminator : Dark Fate ( ' T-6 ' ) " , is somewhat lacking in the " c h a r m ⭐ " factor that we've { s o } become used to in the last decade - ( especially ) - akin to big budget Hollywood-thrillers ; & as a result is certainly nothing to write home about..... I'm going to tell you this right up front . { E v e n } having said that though , the film most { - c e r t a i n l y - } has its moments . . . " Kinetic " ( OF COURSE ) , Dramatic, for sure, & there's even some humorous stuff thrown in, for good measure .

Curiously ( & somewhat sadly ) , however , the picture { - O U T R I G H T - } circumvents the tremendously enjoyable & ' cinematically huge ' . . . . T-3 , T-4 & T-5 films ; as they are said to have " not worked " for ' Terminator ' franchise creator & writer-Director James Cameron... " for various reasons " . As a result, the Cameron-produced T-6 was envisioned, & ultimately 'Realized', as a { D i r e c t - Sequel } , to 1984's T-1 & 1991-'s T-2 , both of which were co-written & directed by the { P r o l i f i c ⭐ } , multiple award winning Director himself .

I have absolutely { N O } qualms admitting to the " Warm-and-fuzzy πŸ”₯ " feeling that I once - a g a i n - got from seeing an { unequivocally " H u m a n i z e d " } Shwarzenneger ⭐ . . . playing the 'civilized' alter-ego of his very Deadly machine-self on screen, just the way I'd experienced it in some of the previous iterations of the franchise. For crying out loud, the ' Endearing-cyborg' even manages to pull off a few { - g e n u i n e l y - } funny lines, & indeed had the audience roaring on occasion .

As A Result Of Which This unequivocally " L i v e l y " picture Gets A Gracious , Appreciative & ( D E C I D E D L Y ) " Nostalgia-Infused 🌠 " 7.50 Marks Out Of 10 From Me .
85 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THIS IS, IN FACT A " RIVETING " watch ..... If you like { - H O R R O R - } . . . that is 🀣 πŸ’₯❗ .
26 October 2019
A { - m i c r o - } review .

First and foremost : " Please { d o n ' t ⭐ } watch this with your { - M I N O R - } children/siblings/relatives/friends/wards, whether at the theatre - O R - in a home setting ". If { Y O U } are an - a d u l t - then in most, if not all, countries ; you could legally take her/him/them with you to the Cinema, ( even though the film is rated " R " ), but I beseech you, again, please... - just - d o n ' t . This is a complete & utter B L O O D B A T H 😱 of a film, not to mention that it incorporates, for the better part of the picture, what is ( tantamount )... to a BRUTAL πŸ’₯❕.... " FULL BLOWN, Drug Cartel { A N D } hard-drugs laced, s** trafficking documentary " .

Glad I got that out of the way. W E L L , so now here's the funny thing. I grew up absolutely, positively { L O V I N G ⭐❕} Sylvester Stallone πŸ’Ž , & films - L I K E - the Oscar Winning " ROCKY " , 'Escape to Victory', 'Demolition Man', 'Cliffhanger', 'The Specialist', 'Assassins', & 'Cobra' ; as well as - A L L - those truly { i c o n i c ⭐ } "Created or inspired by Stallone" F r a n c h i s e s . ( "Rocky", "The Expendables", "Escape Plan"... yup, I'm sure you get the idea by now ). I mean, come on, f r a n k l y ... What active, boisterous & generally "Energetic", self-respecting 'young-dude' . . . . . D I D N ' T ❔❕.

{ h o w e v e r } : the " S k y - H i g h " levels of SHEER BODILY DISMEMBERMENT, & just Outright All-round { c a r n a g e 😱 } in 'Rambo : Last Blood'... really did take me - v e r y - aback, indeed. This, the ' 5th And Final ' ( Thank Heavens❕) instalment in the series well & truly is a ' whole-another-A N I M A L ' . Y e t , in closing, ( & speaking - o f - those wonderful creatures ), I must note, & with " p o i n t e d { πŸ‘‡β•} " Irony, at that ; the following . " Ever-mysterious-and-conflicted " will the { - h u m a n - } Animal.... always be " . And what is the reason I say this ? . Well , ' Tis because . . . even after having said { A L L } that :

I found myself Whooping for ' s l y ' Stallone thru the entire finalΓ© , & with a " p a s s i o n " , at that { πŸ’₯❕} " . So if I'm to be { - R E A L L Y - } honest with myself , this film scores " 7.50 Crazy, Chaotic, Raucous, Rambunctious Marks Out Of 10 " .
79 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
" BRILLIANT, MINDLESS FUN ⭐⭐⭐⭐ right the way thru , and then , come the final act . . . 😡
18 October 2019
A very quick review .

I am the type of person who will enjoy a Well-Made { πŸ’₯❗} action film, TO THE HILT . Just throw in a workable story, a little decent acting, and I'm ALL THE WAY in. This picture was no exception, it had 'all-of-the-above', & then some more. In fact, WAY, WAY, WAY more than what I could ever have hoped for. Hollywood VETERAN NICK NOLTE 🌠 features PROMINENTLY in the film as Gerard Butler's { - Secret Service Agent Mike Banning - }'s father Clay Banning. It's safe to say he delivers a TRULY WONDERFUL { ⭐❕} DRAMATIC performance over the course of his interactions : ' ESPECIALLY ' several with his estranged son Mike..... but also a few with his daughter-in-law Leah Banning ( Piper Perabo ) , that GENUINELY MOVED ME .

The " Attack-of-the-drones " scene that was "famously" teased in the trailer actually ended up being REALLY Vivid & Hard Hitting, when played out in full. There is also another scene in the woods involving Mike & Clay, which is truly as FREAKING funny, in { - a l l - } the right places ), as it is P H E N O M E N A L ⭐⭐⭐ . You get the gist. So then W H Y didn't I give it a 'Perfect-score' ? . Well, it's simple, really. { E N T I R E L Y } PREDICTABLE ENDING , almost in the EXACT manner as its immediate predecessor, ' London Has Fallen ' . Banning Junior kills practically - EVERY - last ( m a i n ) 'baddie', & saves the proverbial day yet again. Other than that, the film is completely { - W I L D - } ; from the very first scene of this " Non-stop Thrill Ride " ....... and onwards .

This Is A Sheer, Bombastic, Adrenaline-"Drenched" Action { E X T R A V A G A N Z A } . . . . . 8.50 EXPLOSIVE MARKS OF 1O πŸ’£ πŸ’₯❗
118 out of 164 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joker (2019)
CRAZY BEAUTIFUL πŸ’Ž . . OR JUST CRAZY❓ . . . YOU DECIDE❗
9 October 2019
A { - m i c r o - } review .

ARTHUR FLECK : " What do you get... " MURRAY FRANKLIN : " I don't think so " . ARTHUR FLECK : " ..When you cross... " MURRAY : " I think we're done here now, thank you " . ARTHUR : " ..a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash ? " . MURRAY : " Call the police, Gene, call the police * ! " . ARTHUR : " I'll tell you what you get ! . . . You get what YOU { EXPLETIVE } DESERVE ! ! " . . . . . . . . . . ARTHUR { A.K.A " JOKER " } then shoots Murray in the head, killing him instantly .

This picture is utter and complete A N A R C H Y πŸ’₯ πŸ’₯ πŸ’₯ , from { around } the five minute mark, to the very end. This is N O T to say that it may N O T clinch { A T L E A S T ⭐ } ABOUT THREE OSCAR AWARDS , at The Academy Awards, 2020 . I'm thinking it'll win the following awards ( again, this estimate is an ' at the very LEAST ' ... type of best guess ). 1. JOAQUIN PHOENIX : " BEST ACTOR " { OF COURSE ⭐❗} . 2. " Best Production Design ⭐ ". 3. EITHER " Best Screenplay ", O R something ( like ) " Best Original Score ". Not to mention the fact that ROBERT DE NIRO ⭐ & Zazie Beetz give " STANDUP performances ". And quite LITERALLY so, in the case of De Niro { πŸ˜β—β—} .

D E S P I T E the fact that this is ( quite possibly ) the " SINGLE { D A R K E S T } FILM that I have E V E R seen " . . . . I enjoyed it TREMENDOUSLY, and the reason for that is probably best explained like this. I've been the victim of MULTIPLE injustices in my own personal life ( although on a SIGNIFICANTLY lesser scale than what is depicted in the movie, I spontaneously ' HASTEN-to-add ' ). As a direct result the FILM ENDED-UP BEING INCREDIBLY " C A T H A R T I C 🌠 " TO ME .. B U T ... I made sure to consciously { F O R C E } myself to remember that the said cinematic presentation was, at the end of the day.... J U S T a " prolific " work of art , { P E R I O D } .

" AN UNEQUIVOCAL, LAVISH 13 MARKS OUT OF 10 " , IF ONLY FOR JOAQUIN PHOENIX'S UTTERLY " D A Z Z L I N G πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž " PERFORMANCE , { A L O N E }❗❗❗" .
110 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Man of Steel (2013)
A " MIND-BENDING " DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM VETERAN BRITISH ACTOR HENRY CAVILL . . . AND THE REST ALL SORTA JUST FALLS INTO PLACE πŸŒ β—β—
8 October 2019
A QUICK " DVD-REVIEW " .

HENRY CAVILL ⭐ CARRIES THE ENTIRE PICTURE, there is no question about it. And he does so with a little help from the " FIESTY ⭐❕" AND " SPLENDIDLY fun-to-watch " supporting performance of the 'effusively' pretty, Equally-talented AMY ADAMS ⭐ . She plays ' Lois Lane ', the Man Of Steel's 'PERPETUAL' Love-interest over the decades, since the Comics' very inception. Director Zack Snyder ⭐ { of "300" fame } does a truly commendable job of presenting a somewhat " D A R K E R " ( - Y E T - VERY REFLECTIVE ) Superman in this film ; whilst still 'generously' allowing the UTTERLY lovable Clark Kent / Kal-El's BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT ⭐ to shine through, from beginning to end .

A WHOLESOME, " FLAMIN'-HOT ⭐❕❕" 12 MARKS OUT OF 10 : THE MOVIE HAS HEART, SOUL, AND VERY DEFINITELY . . . G U T S ⭐ .
151 out of 176 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ad Astra (2019)
" A PRETTY, DARN STRANGE FILM ; YET A { V E R Y πŸŒ β•} DARN PRETTY ..... VISUAL EXTRAVAGANZA, NONETHELESS " .
22 September 2019
A { - M I C R O - } REVIEW .

BRAD PITT IS JUST { SO MUCH ⭐❕❕} MORE THAN A "PRETTY FACE". He gives what is EASILY one of his career best performances in the film. He carries the film with panache, & is TREMENDOUS fun to watch in the role of a highly-COMPETENT ; YET DEEPLY conflicted, struggling Astronaut. DO { N O T❕}, WHATEVER you do, watch this "COMPLEX" Cinematic-work-of-art expecting a 'Huge Popcorn Summer SPACE-blockbuster'. I unequivocally GUARANTEE, YOU ( W I L L ⭐❕ ) be disappointed .

A GENEROUS, " LARGE HEARTED " 9 OUT OF 1O ; FOR THE PERFORMANCES & THE VISUALS ALONE .
99 out of 146 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.