Reviews

Mara (I) (2018)
Do not believe the low ratings!
3 October 2018
I as a real horror fan cannot understand why people rate it so low. Why on earth? What real reason? There must be some trolling here. The acting was very strong, just like the entire atmosphere surrounding this movie. Enough scary moments and a believable plot.

There are a few movies about the same issue but I like the twist this movie gave to the whole sleep demon entity.

Give this movie a try and you will enjoy it, guaranteed!
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Watcher (I) (2018)
Pure amateurisme
1 October 2018
This really is crap. Its not horror but thriller lol, terrible thriller too. The cover like someone else noticed had nothing to do with the movie either.

It is really so bad that we began to laugh about it all. The plot was childishly simple, hack, my little daughter of 6 could do better, honestly, that's not a joke.

Why on earth was there no-one warning the makers NOT TO PUSH this movie threw. I mean, everyone involved with this scrappy movie is actually doing a big step backwards.

1 star well earned!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silence (I) (2016)
Slow but good
30 September 2018
I hesitated to watch this movie, I mean, almost 3 hours?! But honestly, I do not regret it. Nice build up and nicely shot. The locations were also very well chosen!

The thing however I really am bothered with is historical accuracy. I like Japanese people and somehow always respected them while realizing what they did during ww2. But if this is true then I believe they were the most evil people towards Christianity. Just disgusting to say the least. Heard a lot from what happened in countries all over the world, but this was just beyond everything...

I really hope some parts were fiction and not based on real historical facts.
Really enjoyed it!
3 September 2018
Just terrific! Maybe the best series I've ever seen. Acting, camera work, locations. It made everything very real and intense. The only reason why I didn't rate it a 10 was because of the continuous Spanish spoken songs when again someone has been killed. A bit to much for people like me who believe that kind of music is terrible to say the least LOL.
Hereditary (2018)
Emotional horror movie
28 August 2018
I can understand why people on one side rate it a 10 and on the other a 1. You need to love the emotional side of this great movie. The nice build up, great acting, beautiful background music, and not to forget in my opinion the overwhelming time put into the details. Yeah, I've seen many movies much scarier than this one, but damn, this movie touched me in ways other scarier movies couldn't do.

So yeah, I understand both sides. If you're not Into this emotional stuff it wouldn't touch you in any way and there won't be any scary parts able to compromise that in a positive way.

Btw, did not like the ending, that's why I rated it with an 8. Very disappointing after all that emotional stuff.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2012 (I) (2009)
Mixed feelings
7 August 2018
The acting wasn't bad nor the special effects. And the length of the movie was fine too since you need time to build out the characters. But them, being lucky twice in a row in anything is a achievement upon its on, but like twenty times? I think you all know what I mean, it's just not realistic. But not a reason to rate it below a 6. I was entertained and I watched the whole thing. Giving it below ok, but like many others giving it a 1 , that's not fair! Be honest, too much right to say it was all wrong.... Period!
El Chapo (2017– )
Too much gayischness
1 August 2018
Loved it, better than Narcos, but the gay scenes were a bit too much. Yeah, it could be true but why on earth put so much time in it. Almost every episode I saw 2 guys kissing. Nothing against it but a bit too much if you ask me.

The rest was great, strong actors and a damn hot elba!!! Great job netflix!
18 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An emotional well acted movie
22 March 2018
I truly don't understand why this movie scores this low. I watched hundreds, maybe thousands horror movies threw the years. And from experience I know that a movie doesn't need to be too complex or with to much gore and all that. The acting, music, camera work and things like that drag you into it, and small things can scare you with all those things being printed inside you. The way this movie builds up is very satisfying. Just a nice flow where you feel that the makers put a lot of time into details, especially the music and wow, the acting and choice of actors. In my book this.movie is a classic. I really enjoyed it and was pleased with the ending since the twist at the end puts all the parts together in a logical way.

Do not believe the bad reviews, honestly, those people are after the terrible 80's horror movies, without emotion, content or anything. This.movie is my new standard and should be a warning to future horror movies, watch and learn from these masters. What a delight this movie is!!!
I feel abused
21 March 2018
Who on earth wrote this awful plot. Acting wasn't even that bad but man, who was the killer, what was his motive. I couldn't believe my eyes when this nightmare ended. Why it even ended and why without even giving us any info why anything happened in this movie. Shame on you Netflix, you took time from my life. Hopeless!
Jug Face (2013)
Very refreshing
21 January 2018
I truly liked this movie! Not really scary nor complex in any way. Just simple and entertaining. Something totally different from the average horror movies these days. The movie contains something very sinister. I also really liked the guy who played dawai.
The Woman (I) (2011)
Terrible music, terrible storyline, just awful
11 January 2018
Let me be short on this one. Could very well be the worst horror movie ever. 90% of it nothing really happens and that terrible music, so depressing. Please makers of this movie, do not make any movies again. Stop what you're doing. Shame on you for taking almost 2 hours of my life and screwing my evening.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very enjoyable!
3 January 2018
Yeah I know, it isn't scary, nor did the toymakers make up look real. And neither was the story very interesting. So why do I rate it 7? Simply because I really enjoyed it. The acting by most actors was good, can't say anything about that, but what struck me most was the way the Colonel spoke. His words were well chosen and really contained many truths. Besides all that it wasn't boring like many say. Yeah, the dolls, well, never full on screen so you know there is a hand holding it lol. But who cares, you will lol many times, I promise!

Just give it a try and you will almost get that Gremlins feeling most of us had back in the 80's. Not scary, but unique in its own way and in my opinion could very well be a classic. I enjoyed it! We need more like this one, just threw some original ideas in a script and dang, some people do understand!
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of the Witch (2017 TV Movie)
Freaking scary
2 January 2018
I really enjoyed this movie. From start to finish the amount of scary moments are staggering. Don't remember any other movie lately where scary scenes are follow each other up so rapidly. It contains a lot gore which I do not prefer in a horror movie, but it is within my comfort area lol. Also the ending did it to me. If you love a simple story with many scary moments then this movie is for you. The acting wasn't bad either. Probs to the makers, great job! I enjoyed this creation lol.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shortwave (2016)
I fell asleep
1 January 2018
Cannot remember any movie where I just fell asleep without being tired. This movie builds up so slowly that it really is a cure for sleeplessness! Honestly, if you have sleeping problems just watch this movie. Acting is also terrible. It missed everything but the main reason why I rate this movie 1 star is because those behind this movie tried to put some kind of emotion into it by putting a lot of attention into certain scenes but actually got the opposite. A shameful and laughable approach to a situation that is very serious when it happens to anyone in real life. Makers of this movie, do something else!
24 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flatliners (2017)
A descent approach
30 December 2017
Always wondering why people start rating movies such seem to be remakes, who cares, if you enjoy it than what the hack ! Also, I bit of a taboo to make a movie about the afterlife and it seems Hollywood does not want to burn its fingers when it touches subjects like these. I believe it is a real shame, it is after all something we all wonder about and to put it in a horror perspective really grips my attention!

But now about the content lol. The acting was good, only Ellen did a terrible job, acting just way over the top, sometimes even laughable in my opinion. The subject great, soundtrack also good. It was really scary at some moments but overall I felt like it was missing something. A bit flat, not really the emotion you want in a movie like this.

But in total I believe a 7 is what this movie earned, it had way more potential but to give it 1 star like so many do is in my opinion unfair, I mean come on people, you can rate it that low for unrelated reasons, but if you just plainly look at acting, story, scary moments and all that it is impossible to rate it below 5 stars. People should stop that childish behavior, grow up and rate things simply for what they are!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anomalous (2016)
Very well put together, a masterpiece
26 December 2017
Don't even remember when I gave 10 stars but honestly. This movie really is good. It is also hard to give my opinion without spoiling it for all of you. So I will try it with words, disturbing, puzzling, unforgiving, unknowingly righteous.

I am a hardcore smoker but forgot the time I watched a movie without feeling the need to smoke. It truly is a masterpiece, great acting, very nicely put together, great build up and not to forget, a righteous ending.

Probs to the makers, I was entertained for almost 2 hours! 10 stars well deserved.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whispers (III) (2015)
Could not watch the whole thing.
25 December 2017
Usually I don't rate any movie 1 star, so now and then I discover candidates. This movie really is so terrible that I really dragged myself threw it. The first scenes were so badly acted that I felt like these actors were just picked out of a crowd of inexperienced actors.

Really, everything is terrible and how on earth does this score more than 6 stars. There must be something behind it... This can not be true. Please if you are like me, a job, wife kids and not much time at hands, then please spare yourself the time and watch something else. You will throw away precious time for something that is really worth even less than 1 star!
235 out of 502 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring for hardcore fans
17 December 2017
I truly wished this would be the first ju on movie I watched because it would scare me the entire hour and a half. But damn, because I watched all of them I see it is just a remake of the previews ones. Honestly, nothing really new, yeah the story isn't entirely the same but everything else is. I also did't get those famous goosebumps like with the first one. Come on Japan, try something new, this stuff has been done so many times, and yeah, you people put something very original on the screens so many years ago, try something new!

I really hope we all will something original again from our Japanese friends because I know they can!
What on earth!
11 December 2017
Don't know what's up with these so called horror movies these days. I don't usually rate this low but this one earned it by far. From the moment the movie starts I feel the b-movie effect lol. The priest is by far the worst actor I've seen. He's actually able to scream at someone who's like within 1 meter like they're miles away lol. Overacting, boring from 50 minutes on and unrealistic in every part. You never see the actors actually feel some kind of emotion. Hell, you can write it in a script and let one act by it, but how come the actor doesn't transfer his emotions to the viewers? Like it never happened it seems, life your role I would say. But in this movie its far from it.

Skip this movie if you are a horror fan like me, hack, skip it if you love to watch any sort of movie!
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Dark Song (2016)
Terrible movie
4 December 2017
Honestly, can't remember a time when I watched such a terrible movie. The makers of this movie really did their best to make something that is so freaking boring and childishly simple that even I fell a sleep after like 1 hour. Acting is terrible, story even worse but on top of that, they never tried to keep us the audience interested to watch the whole damn thing threw. I watched the last 30 minutes the day after, but I regret it. How on earth did even think I could be amused by this movie.

Please, those behind this movie. Stop what you are doing, do something else, but please, stop making movies.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved this movie
12 November 2017
Instead of bashing this.movie I truly enjoyed the movie. I am a hardcore Bruce Lee fan so I needed to watch it. But Instead of all the other review writers who think Bruce came down from heaven and was sinless I found out that he was just a regular guy just like most of us who sometimes forget what is important in live. Portraying him like some kind of Saint like many want to do has been done in many movies about him. No, let the world see that he was just like all of us!

I became to respect him even more. And what people say about bashing the Asians lol, well, Asians aren't perfect just like the rest of the world isn't perfect. Also the urge to keep things to yourself is what many of us do, you Asians aren't so special, for from it.

I enjoyed this movie, strong acting, great soundtrack and really terrific fight scenes. Probs to the makers! Bruce truly was the greatest, a legend the world will always miss...no saint, just a normal guy
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amy (II) (2013)
Terrible beyond everything i have seen so far!
4 November 2017
Honestly, when I see a rating of 2 stars I always think people have no taste or are too judging. But man, I even give it 1 star. From the moment the movie starts the thing even more irritating than the bad acting is the MUSIC! It really is terrible, this must be the worst soundtrack ever made. It believe me, that's not a matter of taste.

As I said before, the acting is irritating, but not only that. It feels like it is done by just some people they found on the streets and randomly put into the movie. The story is actually even worse! couldn't keep up with it because of the lack of interest you built up threw out the movie. I ACTUALLY STOPPED WATCHTING AFTER 40 MINUTES.Something I've never done before. Please do not watch...
Nightworld (2017)
Original story line
23 October 2017
Giving this movie a higher rating than most others because I believe it earned more stars. If I look at the simple things as acting, music, story line and the way I was entertained for 1,5 hours this movie scored really good! I don't understand why it scores so low. OK, it does not contain that much scary moments but still it gives you a spooky feeling also because most of the movie you don't even understand what is happening but you know there must be something big going on. Probs to the makers for making a fantastic horror movie and thinking out of the box instead of all the others who do nothing more than build upon ideas of others. 9 stars well earned!
14 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.