Reviews

New Life (2016)
I'm stunned this movie isn't rated higher!!
21 October 2018
I gave this movie a solid 8 because: 1. The main actress (Erin Bethea from another excellent movie called Fireproof) and the director (Drew Waters) came to our little town in Vermont and promoted it. I watched it right along with so many others and they all thought it was a phenomenal movie. What are people thinking? So what? It's an Indie movie! It's not ever going to be a 'I Can Only Imagine' kind of movie on such a smaller scale. However, I thought it was well done and it's hardly receiving the credit it rightfully deserves. 2. It really was well put together and it has a great message for anyone going through any sort of heartbreak/grieving process. I bought the DVD and think it should be gifted to anyone of my family member's because there has been a double loss here less than one month ago. I think it would benefit them to have this kind of message. So maybe it doesn't deserve a solid 8, but it sure doesn't deserve to be a 5.6 Star film because that's a lame rating for a movie done well with great acting, great scenes, good messages and a nice PG rating as a family-friendly addition. Everyone should see it at least once. It's worth that much!
Bomb City (2017)
Excellent movie! Solid 8 Stars from me!
15 September 2018
This was a very intense and dramatic movie that just ripped my heart out and made me think how cruel one human can actually be. Do we think satisfaction comes from an intense desire to remove what's different? Wow! I don't usually sit and ponder a movie based on a true story, but this one hit me hard and made me do so. I look at the cover of this movie and see a young man who is hardly old enough to begin his life of independence. I hope we wake up and see that inside all of us is a hero, hidden from plain sight and that we are just reflections of our true selves and natures attracting our evolution unfold. Everyone should see this movie once, for sure! It is time we all freed the hero within us and not allow circumstances to keep us stuck in situations that are unpleasant.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid 8 Star Movie! Excellent tear-jerker!
25 May 2018
I'm glad I watched this on Hulu before it expired. It was well worth the time to watch! I cried my heart out though, so be aware if you are a 'softy' or a 'sucker for a heart-warming film', then watch this for sure. I believe you will enjoy it. It's different for Drew Barrymore, but she does very well in this. Check this movie out if you get a chance. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent family weekend afternoon Christmas movie! 7 Stars from me!
24 December 2017
This movie is 7 years old at the time I'm writing this and I've never seen it. It was televised on the CW high-definition channel. It's a great story for all those family members who want pets, have pets or will have them some day. Whether they be dogs, cats, rabbits, etc., it doesn't matter. There's a great message for them in this movie. It's definitely a family drama and very dramatic it is without an understatement of the affect it might have on the little children who watch it with the all those young parents. Another review says this isn't as kid friendly as one might think, but I disagree. This is a case of 'boys will be boys' in this movie. Hence, what boys did, might be one of the reasons why most women get divorced at least once because women don't tend to agree with half of what men do in this world. It might stem from their childhood of mischief. But the movie was really good. I wish the biological mom would have been at least a little involved, but the point about the movie was clear....FAMILY! They look out for each other and that's the way it should be. Just watch it and form your own opinion because most people can have an opinion, but no one else's opinion matters except your own...in my honest opinion *chuckle*.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Getaway (2017 TV Movie)
The BEST Hallmark movie of season 2017! 8 Stars!
24 December 2017
No joke, this movie was great! I loved every second of it and that's not an understatement. This movie rocks! I'm not giving anything away (no spoiler alerts here), other than it has got to be watched if you are sitting on the fence about what to do with your time. I don't believe you will be disappointed by watching this. It truly touches the heart on every level. Good job Hallmark and thank you for this one!
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Homecoming (2017 TV Movie)
This movie is heart-warming because of the military aspect! Solid 7 Stars from me!
24 December 2017
Is it me, or are all the Hallmark movies getting some uplifting, better funding and improvements? The quality of them seem to be improving, which might have something to do with momentum and the crowd that watches these kind of sappy, predictable 'love dramas' is what I call them. But I keep watching them nonetheless because I'm a dreamer and I want to be hopeful that love can come to anyone and everyone at some point. But about the movie, I'm retired US Navy, so I kind of like the 'realistic' kind of military stories of today. It sucks to bring back deployment memories, but it's just a movie and it is enjoyable for a new Hallmark movie this year! I've watched it on 3-4 different occasions, but I seem to get distracted a lot with doing other things, so the last time I watched it was the time I saw it all the way through. I have to watch them at 11 pm to not be distracted that much and I live with my senior citizen mom. That's all. Enjoy your holidays and enjoy this movie!
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rocky Mountain Christmas (2017 TV Movie)
Another pretty good Hallmark Christmas movie! Solid 7 Stars from me!
24 December 2017
It's not too corny or cheesy in terms of the story. I always wonder what might happen if a common woman meets a highly-known star. They try to make it seems real, but they don't pull it off that well. It's not a blockbuster movie that costs a lot to make, so you'll understand better when I put it to you that way. It's worth a viewing or two and more if it comes around every Holiday season. It doesn't top the 'Christmas Getaway' movie as the premiere this week, but it's decent enough to watch. Give it a shot! It is better than some of the past Hallmark movies. And I just noticed that I'm the first to give this movie a review. Well, it just premiered two nights ago, so that's understandable.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Bramble House Christmas (2017 TV Movie)
Pretty good Hallmark Christmas Movie for 2017! Solid 7 Stars!
24 December 2017
This is based upon a book titled the same, which I haven't read yet but might do so next Christmas. They say that books are always better, so perhaps I need to check it out and put it on my list of goals since reading is one of my new year's goals and it would be perfect to read it before we watch it again next year. We all know that Hallmark repeats their previous year's movies unless it is Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening (premiere time) when they play their new movies (during the holiday season). But about the movie, it's worth a viewing and I might watch again next year as well.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas in Mississippi (2017 TV Movie)
Wonderful, Excellent and Sweet Holiday Movie! Solid 8 Stars from me!
11 December 2017
I missed it on premiere night, but I caught it tonight, which is only two days afterward. And I guess I'm the first one to give it a bit more than a rating. So here's my review: OK, so maybe I'm a little bit over zealous, stoked and biased for sure because of Jana Kramer being one of the stars in this movie. I've loved her since One Tree Hill and then I found out she's a country singer too as of 2012. To top it all off, I watched her in Dancing with the Stars as well and she performed a water dance that I will never forget on that show. I try not to miss anything that has anything to do with her. She's like a princess in shining armor to me. Her soul deserves pure love because she's awesome. I'd go after her if I ever had the chance and give her the love she'd never forget. I hope her career takes off and she gets into the big screen movies. She's worth it. This movie is awesome for a made-for-TV movie, played on the lifetime channel. And the plot is dreamy and the outcome predictable, but Jana Kramer makes this one worth watching. Wes Ford, the love interest, does a great job in this one as well. Good match-up! I cannot get enough of Jana though. She's pure eye candy and I love her kind of charming personality. It's a darn good movie and definitely would watch it again next year during the holidays.
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Royal Christmas Ball (2017 TV Movie)
Decent Holiday movie! Brand new! Solid 6 Stars from me!
11 December 2017
I didn't have any issues with this movie. However, it was an ION Channel premier movie and the ION Channel isn't high quality or high definition viewing. And yes, it probably could have had better directing in terms of the editing. I kept seeing the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego in this movie (I've been there many times, so I know that seen very well) and they were calling it some other hotel in Los Angeles. I thought the plot was alright. I just don't really like watching less than high definition channels because I'm spoiled with the picture quality on them. I was with and at my mother's (a 71 yr old she is) when she chose this movie for us to watch on the ION channel. These baby boomer's are not that picky when it comes to television and technological quality. I keep telling them, you get what you pay for in most cases, but they are all deaf ears at this point in their lives. So I just let it be. I was fine with this movie through to the end. It turned out OK despite the editing. I don't think it was filmed in San Diego. I think they 'edited-in' shots of the Hotel Del Coronado, but I'm not convinced it was filmed there. I was trying to recognize more of it, but I never got a solid or clear vision that would tell me it was filmed there. It's best to watch it once all the way through and then formulate an opinion of your own.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good, brand new Christmas movie from the ION channel!
9 December 2017
First one to give this one a review, I notice. It was probably because I just watched it on the night of its premier (9 Dec 2017). It's only a bit 'ho hum', but it has its uniqueness to it, like the plot/story line. Unfortunately this played on the ION channel which is not in high definition. That's the bummer part, so the film quality was obvious. I like my hi-Def! Spoiled here, I guess. Some day I will see it this way too. It's good for one viewing in sub-par quality and one in real good quality at a later date.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Bride for Christmas (2012 TV Movie)
Very charming Hallmark Chick Flick!
8 December 2017
That was a bet I wouldn't regret either. I've seen Mr. and Mrs. Charming (Andrew Walker & Arielle Kebber) in other Hallmark movies and they make a cute couple in this one. I would watch this one again. Mainly because I missed what happened during the poker game. This is a solid 7 star movie IMHO!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shrek the Halls (2007 TV Short)
Silly short animation because of Eddie Murphy, but 7 solid stars from me!
8 December 2017
I like Dreamworks animation just as much as I like Disney animation. This was very cute for the holidays. Silly, but sweet. Eddie Murphy has always been silly, but I like his movies. This one is definitely short because I saw it on the ABC network and there were lots of commercials. And I do agree with one of the other reviewers, that this could have been made into a much longer film. I gave it a solid 7 star rating because it was great! It has a good 'family' touch to it. It makes you wonder just what we consider a family. We have an immediate family (which I learned while I was in the military) and that's your spouse and children (or mother, father, sister and brother). And then we have our secondary family, which is everyone else related to you by blood. But I think family should be the entire universe of people. People all over the world, join hands, start a love train. Seriously, but watch this 21 minute short animation. You'll enjoy it.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trolls Holiday (2017 TV Short)
3 C's: Cute, Colorful and Charming!
6 December 2017
I have watched this TV animated cartoon twice, once on its premier night (24 November) and again last night (5 December) and both times, it wasn't any longer than 25/30 min. IMDb website says it is 1 hour 12 min. Definitely not that long. But so eye-popping in color! I enjoyed this holiday cartoon so much, I had to get more by watching it twice. I would highly recommend it! But then again, I'm into the pastel and neon colors. And I'm also into DreamWorks Animated films.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected, better than current IMDb rating!
6 December 2017
I gave this 7 stars because I liked it better than the typical Hallmark Channel movies. It was different and very likable. The plot was charming. The sisters were charming, even if they couldn't get along. The men were charming as well, including the older one. This movie warmed my heart and kept me interested. At first, I thought it was going to be lame, but it got much better. It's worth a viewing! It might be one of my faves because of the home and relationship improvements.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Average Holiday Animated film! 6 Stars is a stretch, but I gave it!
5 December 2017
I don't remember ever seeing this one before. For someone who knew the song very well, but not the film...wondering where have I been? If I have, it was a long time ago. It is definitely based upon the song, which is silly to begin with so the movie is just the same, far-fetched, yet considering the song and the animated movie match, it was exactly what it was supposed to be in a crazy and weird kind of way. They just made a move based on the song because they could, but that's about all. However, it turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would be, so I was a little pleasantly surprised. It's not a complete waste of time, but worthy of at least one viewing. Happy Holidays IMDb and everyone reading this review for 2017!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wild (I) (2014)
Phew....what to say about this movie?
25 November 2017
I usually wouldn't rip a movie apart like I'm about to do because most movies I watch don't irritate, irk or bug this heck out of me. This one did, but maybe that's just a personal thing. I hated this movie! Even though Reese Witherspoon acted the part very well, the movie was pretty boring, very long and drawn out (it dragged) and it was an overly dramatic flick that would not end soon enough. Some of the editing was sub-par with abrupt cross-overs from her memories back to her present-time. Granted, I should have never watched a movie like this on the FXM channel, which is not high- definition and I had to deal with commercials as well. It was by far, the worst movie I've ever had the pleasure of wasting time on. The movie itself was not awful (including the plot), just the little pieces and parts that caused it to drag on. And to think the movie could have been even longer because of the journey she took on that trail. I'm not going to give it a low rating because of my awful experience watching it, but it's not going to get a 7 Star rating. I have to go see what others are saying about it....out of curiosity. It has its own good qualities, so don't take my review of it at too much face value. You really have to watch it and form your own opinion. I think watching it in High Definition would have made a much better experience. Maybe the poor editing issue I experienced was due to that alone.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heaven Sent (2016 TV Movie)
OK, this is a cute movie! Proud 7 Stars!
25 November 2017
It is centered around the Holidays, so it is very well in line with all the pretty good Christmas movies. It's about a couple who are in the process of divorcing, but because of something that happened during their marriage perhaps??, they might have begun to drift away from each other. One wants the divorce more than the other. Along comes someone special in their lives to help keep them together. Does it work? You'll have to watch it to see for yourself, but it does have a cool and unique take on what might have caused the distance between the two. I like this movie a lot! It doesn't have a common title centered around the holidays or Christmas, but it does take place during the holidays. I watched this on the Lifetime channel, not knowing it was in tune with the holidays, I decided to watch it anyway. Glad I did because it wasn't a waste of my time.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another great Classic from Charles Schultz! Solid 7 Stars!
23 November 2017
I have never seen this episode 1 of 8 in the Series. Neither have I seen any of the other 7. I'm ready to remember my history surrounding the reason why Thanksgiving is a National Holiday and the traditions we have developed from this holiday. This is a good history lesson and reminder for all, especially children. So far, I have only seen this one about the Mayflower voyage. I'm eager to see the others in this series though. ABC played this bonus cartoon immediately after 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' and that was cool. It definitely sheds light on a memory about an important piece of our American history.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973 TV Special)
Sweet Classic Cartoon that will never get old! Solid 7 Stars!
23 November 2017
I don't remember ever watching this when I was a child. Somehow, I must have missed it when I was helping my family prepare for Thanksgiving dinner the night before. I'm 50 now and I still enjoy these old animations. Plus they let us watch a bonus cartoon called 'This is America, Charlie Brown'. I don't know if this is a usual combination viewing or if this was the first time ABC has showed this line-up. Either way, I enjoyed them both and I had never seen them before. I thought 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' was quite comical because of Snoopy and Woodstock. If you've never seen it, watch it once for sure. It's worth your time if you've got nothing better to do on the eve of Thanksgiving.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
With Love, Christmas (2017 TV Movie)
Pretty good premiere night Hallmark flick! 7 Stars from me!
22 November 2017
I'm the first to review this movie? Very cool! I'm becoming a regular with 'firsts' on the reviews. I like this movie's script because it's different. It's got some good humor in it as well. Well, I'm just a sucker for Hallmark Christmas movies and this one is quite cute and clever! The seasonal settings and decorations are just exquisite, so there's lots of great holiday eye candy. And this kind of movie could open some minds about social activities and getting involved more, during the holidays and beyond. I'm sure we all could use a bit more skills in the teamwork department. And I'm certain a lot of small towns could use a big horse-drawn sleigh ride as well. I've been on one and they are so cool. But about this movie, it is definitely worthy of a viewing!
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Christmas Blessing (2013 TV Movie)
A nice heartwarming Christmas Movie...Solid 7 Stars!
21 November 2017
This is a good family film for the holidays. It's got good lessons for teenagers and our youth. I would recommend watching it on an early night a few hours after dinner, maybe 7-8pm. Grab the entire family with the teenagers and the little children, light the fireplace if you have one, and relax in the family room with a large bowl of popcorn. Most families would enjoy this kind of movie because it touches upon some emotional topics concerning today's modern lifestyles. Just don't watch this alone, unless you must. Wait until you have others to watch it with. I watched it alone and could have watched it with others. Still a very good 'family' flick! The only downside to this movie is the fact that it could have been stretched out a little bit longer to include character relationship developments, however the closure was sufficient. This should have been included under the family genre instead of just in the drama genre. Enjoy the holidays!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a solid 7 Stars from me!
20 November 2017
I don't remember ever seeing this as a child and I grew up in that era. In fact, I was 6 years old. Yes, it's only 25 minutes long, but you think it would have came on during the Holidays every year. And back then, we didn't have the number of TV/Cable channels that we do now. It was only the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc). Still, I'm just now watching this. It's kind of cute for a 70's animation and it has a decent lesson in it, if you brake something, then you must try to find a way to fix it. This is a good one for young children. And who can forget the famous Christmas poem by Clement Moore? I used to know all the words, but I couldn't recite them as well last night when I watched it. Are you new to watching this one as well? See how well you remember the famous poem! Definitely a great CLASSIC for the Holidays!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty sweet ROMCOM!
20 November 2017
Basic premise and story line, but well done! Solid 6 Stars from me! I like Piper Perabo because she has played in a lesbian role and I support actresses who dare to be different in film because that tells me she supports our community of desire. Of course, Diane Keaton is always perfect for these motherly kind of roles. And I've seen Lauren Graham in other films before. She's very pretty! It's an older chick flick, but still halfway decent to watch.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superbly well done tear-jerker with an excellent cast! Totally and 8 Star Flick!
16 November 2017
At first, I thought this was based on a Pulitzer Prize-Winning book. I was fooled. The book referred to in this movie is fictional only, but I would have given the writer of this book something highly unforgotten because this movie is prize-worthy alone. Never mind the potential as a book here. You wonder why a lot of movies don't come from books and novels rather than just screen- writers, but I really do hope Brad Desch got something for writing and producing this script. The acting was prize-worthy as well. Did this movie win anything? It should have. I would watch this over and over again! It is a gripping and emotionally-inspired work of art! Every part of this movie seems like it could have been based on a real story. We all need proper parental guidance and unfortunately some parents didn't get the proper guidance they need when they were in need of their parents. To all parents, including fathers and father figures....the youth need you to properly guide them NOW! Our future well-being is non-existent without your proper parental or guardian guidance. Top-notch drama film, well-deserved 8 Stars!